This is beginning of the end for Monero

January 15th friends.

Attached: grin_mw_logo.png (244x244, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/mimblewimble-how-a-stripped-down-version-of-bitcoin-could-improve-privacy-fungibility-and-scalability-all-at-once-1471038001/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This and beam

is it too late to get on board the beam train user? felt like a quick mimble wimble cash in so i ignored it, but after seeing the sleek ui on the wallet i might give it a go now.

jan 15th is actually mainnet?

can i mine on windows? or do i need to install ubuntu?

you guys think i can make some nice money mining 12 hours a day on my 1080 and holding for a year or 2?

kys

Beam difficulty is extremely high, 1.5M sol/s since day 1, 1080ti average is 15 sol/s so pool mining is a most.

is beam in mainnet already? is it even worth trying to mine this for 10 days before grin?

can someone give me a red pill on the differences between the two? ive only been following grin

You're gonna get dumped on by Beam when their investors cash out. Grin seems more legit.

is there a premine or something?

There are advantages and disvantages between CryptoNote and MimbleWimble. It'll not be "the end", but both will coexist.

Since the 3rd and every block have 20% "dev tax". Grin is a better project.

lol what bs. im already installing the miner so i guess ill mine it for 10 days and see what happens. switching to grin for sure though

Where can you buy this? Any place for orc?

we're in business lads

Attached: beam.png (794x240, 15K)

hyperinflation: the coin

50 G block reward (forever)
1 minute block time

50 x 60(minutes) = 3,000 G/hour
3,000 x 24 = 75,000 G/day
75,000 x 30 = 2,250,000 G/month
2,250,000 x 12 = 27,000,000 G/year

YEAR 1 - 27 million Grin
YEAR 2 - 54 million Grin
YEAR 3 - 81 million Grin
YEAR 4 - 108 million Grin
YEAR 5 - 135 million Grin
YEAR 6 - 162 million Grin
YEAR 7 - 189 million Grin
YEAR 8 - 216 million Grin
YEAR 9 - 243 million Grin
YEAR 10 - 270 million Grin

Not that bad.

I got access to a few currently unused servers at work with nvidia tesla m10's. Free electricity. Would that be good for mining grin?

Cope coin for bitcoiners too proud to buy Monero. Never going to make it.

why another POW trash coin? shill me this shit rn

this coin needs to be released @ 1 sat... That would be epic.

as long as each of them has minimum 8 GB of GPU RAM, yeah

No, just no.

No windows, Linux/MacOS only, also you have to compile from source and cli interface only so Macfags won’t touch it. Even though it is completely free and open and fair launch it’s designed so that nerds basically get a premine.

>This is beginning of the end for Monero
Why?

5 year coin that just reached the 90% mining milestone vs some shit with a gorillion dollars in inflation per day

>buying a meme coin that looks like the Nirvana album cover

Attached: the-face-pepe-makes-when-life-just-sucks-19505349.png (500x503, 126K)

bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/mimblewimble-how-a-stripped-down-version-of-bitcoin-could-improve-privacy-fungibility-and-scalability-all-at-once-1471038001/

monero bagholders itt should be happy that theyve been given ample time to dump their bags and move over to grin.

Yeah but why not just use Monero in the first place?

Grin (and MimbleWimble protocol) is more scalable than CryptoNote coins. But it has also some disvantages. It's privacy is weaker than CryptoNote.

Beam is shit

That's kind of my point. If you need good privacy, Monero is still better and as far as scalability goes, this isn't really something the average user needs to care about right now. No network is truly seeing saturation at this point.

Don't get me wrong, it's cool they are coming up with sidechain solutions for scaling, but let's not pretend that MW is in the same category as Monero.

Why do you shitstains even make these threads if you don't have the chops to debate anything? Fuck yourselves.

angry neckbeard detected

Attached: 1533276113049.jpg (640x640, 129K)

back the fuck off and nobody gets hurt.

Attached: 1503269773289.jpg (499x640, 84K)

AAAAAAAHHHH
sorry s-sir, you're t-too powerful

Attached: apucryangry.jpg (908x666, 54K)

6 hours of mining this shitcoin. im never going to make it

Attached: beam2.png (277x157, 15K)

Got the fat Pedohphile fuck ricardo spasti arrested for cp?

just wait until grin mainnet in 9 days

Hi frens,
I am really interested in grin but I have a few questions
Will there be a guiwallet?
Will I be able to keep my grin on my ledger nano?
As I don't have a decent mining setup, where will I be able to buy this on day 1?

>Will there be a guiwallet?
Not at first. Most likely one will be made eventually.
>Will I be able to keep my grin on my ledger nano?
Not at first, but if the coin takes off then maybe they will develop ledger support.
>As I don't have a decent mining setup, where will I be able to buy this on day 1?
The way send and receiving works on Mimblewimble is so different from traditional cryptos, exchanges will need to develop custom support for it, which will take a while. Most likely Cryptopia will be one of the first OK exchanges to trade it but don't expect it to be available for a while after mainnet.

Grin will be available on tradeogre day one

sauce?

Can I mine Grin with my 1050ti?

brainlet as fuck here... so there is a new coin called GRIN.. and it uses a new algo called nimblewimble protocol................... also there is another new coin called beam......................is this right

Both use the same protocol