"I own and use a credit card, i get airline points for all purchases made"

>"I own and use a credit card, i get airline points for all purchases made"

>"I just bought a new car for 0% finance, it was too good of a deal to pass up on"

Attached: images.png (183x275, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cnbc.com/2017/05/17/starting-out-at-community-college-seems-like-a-really-good-idea-until-its-not.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>”the student loans were worth the pedigree of the school I graduated from”

>”that new condo going up looks pretty solid, better get a 1/1 for $2600/mo”

>”so what if my starbucks costs me $6 a day?”

>”I didn’t want to go out on a Tuesday, but they made me”

>"user, I know you paid cash for that new car 4 years ago and maintain and take care of it very well, but don't you wanna sell it and lease a new car to impress people at a stop light?"
A boomer actually said this to me more or less. Holy fuck the retardation.

Attached: 1541437859147.jpg (581x767, 92K)

literally 99% of normaltrash are like this

Attached: 1545005805375.png (1200x1254, 685K)

“So there’s this new craft beer place everyone is talking about”

Attached: 08D8A92A-2C05-45AD-B97F-071AA44DA2A1.png (201x250, 5K)

you must achieve absolutely nothing if your only Saturday night activity is complaining about normies

"S-so you wanna go check out that new Ramen place?"

Attached: 1536766609960.jpg (800x668, 52K)

I mean I’m not OP but Jow Forums is my go-to when I’m waiting to hear back about Saturday night plans
I’m in uni though so most of my friends don’t get back until tomorrow anyway, so I’ll probably be in tonight

>"Debit cards and cash are stupid, why us them when you get no return back on purchases? I get 1% cash back on my Credit card for all transactions, it saves me money that i would have otherwise spent"

>"What do you mean you spend more using plastic user. All those studies are bullshit, im smart with my credit card"

Attached: images (3).jpg (377x550, 24K)

>loans bad
>credit cards bad
>new car bad

Attached: 1546733634528.jpg (800x450, 42K)

congratulations, you're a normalfag. now get out! this is our place.

>”s-so what if I’ve got some debt, I pay it off in easy monthly payments”

Attached: DFFCBDD4-3281-4B81-B3AB-6589B55620EE.jpg (800x450, 45K)

>"user, why have you got such a old car? Why dont you buy a new one, i got a good deal on finance, you can too, it was quick and easy"

Attached: Brainlet_cc06fd_6615771.png (1200x1042, 247K)

I haven’t been forever. People only started letting me go out with them after I started working out, improved my social skills, etc

>I take out bank loans when i NEED money, as opposed to using them only when I want to expand my already successful business.
Kys creditfag

Attached: 1540433596116.jpg (720x730, 52K)

if you even have a desire to be a normalfag you don't belong here

Lol found the debtlet, how does it feel to be mr shecklebergs pay pig?

>Haha payday finally. I know I'm going out tonight, aren't you user?

Attached: wojack brainlet lower face chin drooling.png (408x450, 35K)

>“I want to talk to you about this business I run through this company called Primerica”

Attached: 51BEB308-381D-4F89-9FC9-3742CAC8C9CB.jpg (645x729, 48K)

oh god oh fuck I’ve said this exact sentence before

Attached: Brainlet4.jpg (388x319, 18K)

30yo boomer here, why do you hate credit cards so much? I don't like all the purchases being recorded but I buy most things online so someone is going to get me anyway. Aside from the airline points I enjoy other practical protections and benefits. There is an annual fee but travel insurance alone outweighs that cost. I like cash but it has become costly and impractical. Why would I use a debit card which gets me nothing?

>"I just took out a loan for a new apartment that will be built in 2021, it was the last apartment so i absolutely had to buy it. I took out a $50,000 loan and used $10,000 on my credit card to pay the 10% down payment on the $720,000 apartment. It helped me break into the market"

>"What do you mean that was a stupid thing to do user? So what if i only make $80,000 a year by myself? I would have missed out if i saved, plus my girlftiend really liked that apartment. So what if she is unemployed and wont make contributions, and yes her name is on the title, so what?"

Attached: images (4).jpg (521x589, 15K)

>I buy most things online

Attached: wojack brainlet potted plant dying sipping tea mug cup smug.gif (645x773, 9K)

You know we can see your ID right? Or are you fresh from reddit?

Attached: flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg (715x1000, 71K)

Miles and rewards cards are great if you're not a dumbass.

Nothing wrong with credit cards if you have them on autopay, have 0 annual fees, and only use them for necessities.

By the way, if there is anything you can buy with cash, pay in cash. Thats just extra spending money that the IRS doesnt have to see.

Zoomers are retards

t. 26 yr old

This would urironically be a smart investment if we weren't at the top of the housing bubble. There's gonna be a lot of amazing deals in a year or two.

>Nothing wrong with credit cards if you have them on autopay

Attached: 1541488209917.png (403x480, 371K)

>"I get 1 point per dollar spent, user? What do you mean 1 point is only worth 0.01 cents, i dont fly often so its a good way to earn points for flights, i got 1% cashback on the $1000 purse j bought yesterday, so what if thats only $10 back, i managed to use that on a small coffee from Starbucks, they are currently giving double frequent flyer points per dollar spent"

Attached: 34034418_2018459621561987_4679201839168618496_n.jpg (480x480, 28K)

>urironically be a smart investment

Attached: images (5).jpg (228x221, 6K)

Exactly. I charged almost $20k to my USAA credit card throughout 2018 and got $500 back in cash. Not a single penny spent on interest or fees.

mE GOoD withh credit GFOOD grug bak 500 berry for purchase price go up no grug make lose on shaman rock pay

My bad. I didn't read the ending where his gf is on the title and had no income.

Attached: images (1).png (211x239, 3K)

0 annual fee cards offer few or zero benefits, there isn't a whole lot of reason to have one over a debit card except to literally overspend. I use credit card wherever possible to maximize return on the fee, I do not use autopay so I am forced to manually review spending at least once a month.

The effort to return ratio is great, it's really mostly zoomers who struggle, I used to as well but only held a small limit so I couldn't get myself into any real trouble. Most will be OK as they learn and grow into boomers themselves.

>2% cashback
>fraud protection
If you're not a nigger, you get all the benefits without all the drawbacks. You put it on autopay, because it will pay before any interest is charged.

>Who cares about cost?!? Who cares about sound quality!?! My Airpods look DOPE

Attached: brainlethelipad.jpg (555x585, 37K)

because good beer and delicious ramen is so wrong
>faggots

>Implying Visa and Mastercard Debit dont come with the exact same protections

Attached: 1527378158157.jpg (420x560, 30K)

>implying you can only pay for auxiliary goods with a credit card
Shit b8 m8 i r8 0/8

Hey, sometimes you can but sometimes they only take cards. In that case 2% cashback > 0%, and 2% is a lot especially if you're in a low margin industry.

>I like my IPAs really hoppy, almost grassy

Attached: images.jpg (640x479, 61K)

I prefer citrusy and dank
>you have the pallet of a 5 year old
>faggots

wonder how many of these chad user have to take the bus or catch a ride with mom

we take uber

Debt bubble

So credit cards are just a Jewish trick to make us want to spend money even though we don't need to?

Yes, just like Bitcoin.

Attached: 1527471654829.jpg (186x271, 7K)

Yes, as long as you are aware of this and only spend on necessities, and pay your bill on time there is nothing wrong with credit cards. Although, most Americans aren't able to accomplish this simple proposition.

By the way, if you have a girlfriend/wife just avoid credit cards altogether.

I pay manually before interest is charged, but for boomers a month passes much more quickly than for zoomers so I do use forms of reminders to ensure I review accounts at minimum once per month. Any large or strange purchases I pay immediately to confirm the money is actually on hand. This is just what works for me.

what if I said I had a gf/wife that paid for my expenses?
>inb4 stacey
>inb4 robots think it isn't possible

I love the pic you posted, wonderin' if I share it, would you mind?

You're here complaining too user

Attached: SierraOscarYankee.png (1200x800, 670K)

Assuming you don't live in the middle of a big city, there's nothing wrong with owning a car as long as you keep it as cheap. Buy a used Toyota SUV (they last forever), get bare minimum insurance and get a dashcam so you can dispute any bullshit claims.

>this is facts!

Attached: wanna-go-out-tonight-first-of-all-im-broke-and-29341117.png (500x654, 46K)

Yes? I wasn’t samefagging mate

I really really really like this picture

This implies the holder will literally max out then eternally bang against the limit. This is pretty common, but more a zoomer problem because they have no control over retarded wants, they need to bang against zero dollars instead to save them from the cost of interest, but they generally have less real obligations so it isn't much of a problem for them to be broke all the time.

For boomers there are bigger fucking obligations than paying a credit card, if by the time you are a boomer you are still literally spending all of your money and living check to check then you need to make some serious changes or KYS

Credit cards are ideally how you are supposed to pay for everything. There is literally no reason to have cash money sitting in a bank account. It should all be in a brokerage generating interest and dividends. You get your credit card statement and settle only the funds you need to pay the balance. This is literally how rich people live.

Pretty much this, but I am not rich people so I merely keep expense money on hand, I don't spend enough to be moving money in and out of a brokerage like that

Actually most rich people have ~10% of their money in cash. They recognize the importance of liquidity.

>tfw own a visa infinite cc, never missed a payment, credit score slowly increased to 850, and have enough points to fly wherever i want
theres literally nothing wrong with this

>2 million dollars in cash

They do not. Unless you are talking about middle class who would feasibly keep 50 - 100k on hand, but more likely it is tied up in their home

>Yeah, I'm excited for the new IPhone. I've owned every generation of IPhone so I HAVE to get this one. When are you getting yours, user?

Why would you not keep100K in your safe? Cash is so fucking convenient. And yeah they do.

0% financing is actually amazing retard.

Sure rich people might keep 100k, but a net worth of 1 million isn't rich, 20+ million is rich and 10% of that in cash is fucking retarded. Literally only poor people need 10% of their wealth liquid 'in case' they need to buy something like an impulse buy television not a fucking yacht.

Credit cards are great if you don't carry a balance. If you use a card for everyday expenses and pay it off every month it really is free rewards.
Another benefit is when you want to refund something. YOUR money isn't tied up if you have to charge back.

Well if we're talking 20 million, then cash and cash equivalents. Either way, rich people hold sizable parts of their wealth in cash.

>if you don't carry a balance
I don't quite understand what this means. My statement balance is on auto-pay, but I usually have $200 that applies to the next statement. I've never not paid off the statement balance in full. Am I missing something?

Seriously user, should I just go to a community college for 2 years and then transfer to a 4 year for 2 years?
>in4 zoomer
I know, but im a senior and dont want to end up like a some damn millenial $80k in debt when I could be half as much

This just proves that people who whine about soiboys are mostly just underage faggots who can't drink or grow proper beards.

I don't understand the 10% in cash thing. If your in your 20's you should be taking on more risk. So why would I keep any amount in cash? Why not just keep a line of credit open?

>It makes no sense to use leverage or have revolving debt when you have are literally sitting on cash.

Yes seriously very smart move. CC is so cheap and it's the garbage core requirement brainwashing classes for the first 2 years regardless of where you go
Pay less for the same trash, the last 2 years are the important ones

There is not one proper beard in that pic

>not buying everything on a credit card and paying it off instantly
it costs you no additional money, and it gives you a leg up if you want to get a house

Basedcuck

Come at me at the octagon faggot

Attached: 1543901015305.jpg (1050x1080, 462K)

I know you're being facetious but you made me laugh a lot. Upvote.

Credit Cards are great for people with self control, which are honestly most people that have credit cards.
Most people think they are some sort of scam and the credit card companies / banks make so much money off of you, but really they don't. The fees are all on the merchants. (1-3%)

>fool me once shame on me
>fool me twice, thats a new car

Attached: 756e023873a6142183a947edc5e087dcec63a4768d14ccfc834d7a830802ee12.jpg (240x255, 9K)

No. It's one of those ideas that sounds OK in theory but in practice rarely works. The savings vs an in state 4 year college aren't that great, and odds are you'll just burn out or never get around to transferring.
cnbc.com/2017/05/17/starting-out-at-community-college-seems-like-a-really-good-idea-until-its-not.html
>Just 16 percent of students who began their education at a community college in 2010 successfully wrapped up their degree at a four-year school by spring 2016, according to data from the National Student Clearinghouse Research Center.
>In comparison, 62.4 percent of students who started at a four-year public university completed their degree within six years
Assuming you can't get into an elite (lets say top 30 or so) university, what you should do is go to the best in state school you can get into. If you can get into your state's flagship university, great, just go there. From the moment you set foot on campus. focus as much energy as you can on being as socially connected as possible. Talk to everyone in your dorm and join any club, organization or team that seems even remotely interesting. This is probably the best shot you're going to get at building a "normal" adult social life, so don't let it slip. Additionally, you should planning out your summers in the fall so that when the year ends you already have an internship lined up. Every school has resources dedicated to finding students internships, so figure out what they are and take advantage of them.

I promise you this will be much better for you long term then trying to save a few grand at a community college. It's just too easy to isolate yourself and drift off into some other shit if you're not surrounded by friends in that structured 4 year environment. You don't want to end up as a future 25 year old Jow Forums neet burnout wondering what the fuck happened to your life.

Attached: CrabLegMan.png (636x312, 95K)

Heli is landing with tailwind, not smart

>Credit Cards are great for people with self control, which are honestly most people that have credit cards.
This works until you get a woman in your life. Then the banks reap their harvest.

>be me
>military fag
>special debt reductions and bills in place to “protec” me
>abuse the fuck out of it.
>platinum card no annual fee no application fee
>use it for literally all bills
>accumulate free mileage points
>use the points and fly for free
Hur dur user, where’s your cash?
>cash can be stole
>debit cards are often times not refundable if stolen
>credit cards offer protection and instantaneous cancellation
>Not linked to your bank acc

CReDIt BAD hur durr

It bothers me when friends are bad with managing credit cards.

When you get out of your 20s you'll gain clear thinking and realize that the best beers actually are the cheap rice lagers like Michelob Ultra and that craft beer is a meme

Average person spends 15% more on every shopping trip when they use a card compared to cash. But don't worry you are getting 3% back in (((points)))

>>"I own and use a credit card, i get airline points for all purchases made"
Why would I not use a credit card? It costs me nothing. No fees, no interest.

I don't understand the deal between credit and debit card, why is credit card considered bad?
Ps: im 20yo living in a 3rd world country, pls no bully

Does brainlet or NPC Wojack have a higher power level?

In the third world credit cards are shit as you don't great rewards for using them.

Though they are amazing in the west as you get interest free money for 30 days, free rewards (I get 1.5% back), and you increase your credit score.

However, if you fuck this up the bank rapes you with like 20% interest and shits on your credit history.

>the average person does this and that
The average person also isn't very intelligent.

Be careful of residual interest (interest paid even when you pay the card off in full each month, it's on amount owed between the statement is sent and actually paying), otherwise you could be hit for 30%+ on some amount of what you spend each month

So as long as i pay (((them))) back in a timely manner im ok?

Yes, also set up auto pay so the payment comes out of your account automatically and you won't have to pay interest if you forget to pay on time.