0xBitcoin Thread

0xBTC centrist here. I don't really give a flying fuck about proof of work issuance and I don't think it's particularly important for Ether to lose store of value status.

That being said, if you think that 0xBTC will go entirely under the radar, you're not really grasping how it fits into the overarching ideological discussion surrounding major protocol changes in BTC and Ethereum. It's actually kind of a big deal to have a deflationary, pure mined asset reside on top of Ethereum instead of on its own chain. It challenges many long held beliefs inherent to the BTC dominant era of crypto (which we have lived in but might not live in 5-10 years down the line).

0xBTC is to crypto what postmodernism is to art. It deconstructs the Bitcoin idea (in Satoshi's whitepaper) into smaller pieces. It intentionally separates network security from issuance, and makes the claim that whatever vision Satoshi had for a global currency can exist within a localized environment (Ethereum), even an environment that explicitly rejected the core tenets of Satoshi's whitepaper upon creation. 0xBTC brings something new to the table that has merit for real ideological discussion, which is a level beyond discussions on novel solutions to technical challenges (oracle problem, fair gambling, distributed computing/rendering, etc).

You don't have to think 0xBitcoin is useful. You don't have to like it, or use it, or even think about it. But don't brush it off just because you don't see the need. You can think something like postmodern art is stupid (pic related) but it's actually quite revolutionary for an artist to make something so unbelievably kitschy that it causes the word "kitsch" to lose all meaning. At the end of the day Jeff Koonz makes balloon animals that sell for orders of magnitude higher than traditional "high art" precisely because his art is significant in the centuries long debate on the purpose of art. 0xBitcoin will be seen, in time, as just as significant in crypto.

Attached: Jeff_Koontz.jpg (1000x563, 668K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fKMDSc7-AA4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Shame about the liquidity and price at the moment. But the fundamentals are through the fucking roof. Don't dismiss 0xBTC, especially if you're knowledgeable enough to like Bitcoin and Ethereum. DYOR.

0xbtc is just yet another dead token, who gives a fuck. the value in crypto is only in real money, and that's btc and nothing else. there's also value in a dominant developer centric platform, with strong network effects and tight coupling, and that's ethereum. "invest" outside of those two coins at your own peril.

Yeah, I’ve been considering making this part of my portfolio.
>Link
>OxBTC
>Quantstamp
>REN
>iDex

This is something that takes years to develop

This will never hit ath again
Its not the next doge, its the next garlicoin

inb4 shit will make me rich

Attached: 2e158a.jpg (776x528, 78K)

>It's actually kind of a big deal to have a deflationary, pure mined asset reside on top of Ethereum instead of on its own chain
I own some 0xbtc but, I'm hesitant to buy more because i don't understand why ethereum needs it's own BTC when i can just use ETH to buy tokens. please explain that to me more

It's explained further down. People buy kitsch things all the time, and those things are either redundant and unnecessary. Bitcoin's philosophy was rejected by the founders of Ethereum, and so 0xBTC exists at the center of the whole crypto debate; POW vs POS, Ethereum vs Bitcoin, ICO vs no pre-mine, etc. It's like Jeff Koonts' artwork, which is retarded but sells for $54,000,000

Attached: Jeff-Koons-balloondog_blue_KUB-feature.jpg (1600x1071, 206K)

Neither of those work with the largest smart contract platform so you can't really compare them.
Ethereum is gas and has stated its not great hard money because of its changing monetary policy. 0xBitcoin mimics the best parts of Bitcoin to create an even harder form of sound money. 0xBitcoin is immutable and that's a hell of a strength.
I agree Ethereum is generally against PoW, but that's because a platform can scale better with PoS and it just makes sense. However they have yet to provide an alternative to PoW that makes a better currency and hard money. I'm sure many ETH devs are against PoW because of the energy use or whatever, but a simple hash function has so far been indisputably the best way to distribute a scarce resource.

The tokens would then come from a "magically generated" supply that started in the hands of the deployer, so tokens distributed that way would not be a particularly good currency

I'm still buying. We'll only know if this has staying power during the next bull, and when Ethereum goes POS. Those are the tests. Personally I think it's brilliant, but we'll see what happens.

If Ethereum succeeds and 0xBTC doesn't, oh well, I still have my Ether. If Bitcoin succeeds and Ethereum doesn't, oh well, I still have my Bitcoin. If all three succeed I'm gonna be freaking rich.

Attached: e.png (1200x500, 79K)

This is sad

>Muh artistic license.
>Muh teleological engineering.
>Muh bite sized tumors.
KYS slowly and painfully you arrogant rotten cunt. Fuck you and your jewish psyop. You deserve to be cut up into pieces and sewn back together with all your limbs rearranged so your skeleton as jewelry wearing writhing mass with its grunting staccato breathing that causes its scrotum to inflate ass can go on display in an art museum. That is what postmodernism is. Deconstruct everything in your scheme to remove those elements from the context that gives them meaning to create an abomination, succeed at convincing your retarded victims that its legit. You gloss over the gross malfunction of your designs by quickly moving on to the next project. Postmodernism exemplifies the way a degenerate elite masturbates its hubris, showering execrations upon a spiritually impoverished population intoxicated by the novelty bukkake. This leads directly to the failure of mankind to survive in a dangerous world that does not care.

Chill man, you don't even know me

The founder of Compound wrote about 0xbtc positively so that’s at least a start

You know, except for angry weirdos like you jumping in (obligatory?) the 0xBTC threads are some of the most civil on here

The violent language is meant to be taken figureatively.

Yeah, you overplayed it

Interview with Infernal Toast:

youtube.com/watch?v=fKMDSc7-AA4

Attached: 3TguxOie_400x400.jpg (400x400, 23K)

>Pajeet

For the people working passionately on ERC 918/0xBitcoin related projects, hearing their hard work either claimed as that of "some biztard trying to get rich", or conflated into a Jewish conspiracy, is utterly baffling