How much drinking is too much? I received a 1.5L bottle of whiskey for christmas and just finished it...

How much drinking is too much? I received a 1.5L bottle of whiskey for christmas and just finished it. Am I an alcoholic, anons? Is this affecting (effecting??) my trading abilities? I don't drink because I'm depressed or anything, I just like to drink after a long day wagecucking for the man.

Attached: 1518911892839.jpg (1080x1244, 670K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/x-YhWpfFlxc
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

depends if you drink a bottle like that a day, then i assume you dont have long to live.

lmao I thought it would be a bottle a day

I drink a few drinks every few days. There have been times where I have finished a bottle in a day, but that is not typical.

Also, my portfolio is down from 150k to 20k, and the 20k is after investing another 10k+ USD since it was at 150k. My family and friends are starting to doubt me. It's coming back r-right, anons?

If it's having an effect on your productivity you should probably drink less. Also, if you're used to drinking, you should know that problem may arise later in your life. You'll age much faster, unless you're a string individual otherwise.

I drink a 0.75l 10% alc stout every day after work so I can work on private projects all night. My gf says I'm alcoholic but it's literally the only thing that can make me work 16h a day.

problem with shit is, even if you dont feel drunk you are now an alcoholic and your body can go into shock if you suddenly stop.

You should smoke weed on the weekdays and drink on the weekends.

You know that you're drinking too much when you get blackouts. You know you need to stop drinking when you stop worrying about the blackouts, and joke about them instead.

You know you're an alcoholic when you wake up and it feels like your stomach's full of acid. You're about to drink yourself to death when you start having heart problems. It's very difficult to accidentally drink yourself to death, or 'have too much,' because it tends to come up on its own unless you're a battle hardened alcoholic with 20+ years of experience.

Burgers are such pussies at drinking, 1.5 litre 12 days ago? We drink that for pre drinks in the UK

Quitting alcohol was the best decision of my life.

LSD may free you from alcohol.

What the fuck that's not even that much

It's very difficult to actually quit it. When you do drugs, you're always relying on doctors, drug dealers, or other people in general to enable your habit. People can take your happysauce away, they'll bitch about it, regulations change. You can always go buy vodka. Vodka is always available, always cheap, and no matter how much people bitch, they can't forbid you from destroying yourself, or take away your supply.

A lot of 'functional alcoholics' stay alcoholics, or dip into their old habits, strictly to anger family and friends.

Even when you're too young to get your vodka, you can still get the fucking vodka. Drinking when you're underage only ever gets the responsible adult you accuse of giving you the vodka in trouble.

If you drink by yourself, or for anything other than a special occasion, you're an alcoholic. Smoke weed if you had a hard day at work, don't take it out on your liver.

When i smoked weed, i smoked 8 joints a day. I stopped and now i drink 3 beers a day. Honestly i feel 10 times as good.

going long on ALT and AST

Ow boy, you just got on the alc train

- just a glass after a day of work
- just 2 glasses because I can sleep better and it makes me relaxt
- mmm a glass of wine with dinner nice
- why do I buy these expensive whiskey , from now on I will drink these heavy beers
- nothing like relaxing in the weekend with a few beers during the day
- getting shitfaced every Saturday
- getting shitfaced Friday, Saturday, Sunday

Then the real fun starts
- buying wodka instead of beer
- live goes to shit (due liquor but you won't see it), started drinking to cope
- shots during the day
- unemployment

The end

youtu.be/x-YhWpfFlxc

Attached: 51UMJKS6nyL._SS500.jpg (500x500, 39K)

You also get very tolerant to it. Doing a couple shots just isn't enough. A vodka in the evening? Gotta have two screwdrivers. This 80 proof trash isn't even that strong. Get 100 proof. More economical, too, since it comes in 1 liter bottles, not 700 ml bottles.

I realized it was really bad when I counted my monthly bottles, and I had only two less than Robin Williams.

I smoke daily and make 6 figures, I can barely even afford to smoke 2-3 joints a day without going dry... how in the flying fuck were you rolling 8 joints a day!? Did you live at a dispensary, or were you rolling joints sized for ants?

Alcohol, especially beer, is fucking disgusting and inferior in every way shape and form to buddha, but that's just my opinion and how my body reacts to things. To each their own.

Thats 1 beer. It doesnt do shit

Its basically just to let my shoulders down for a bit with a slight buzz. I guess the only negative aspect is that a day without it feels completely ruined

I probably will be by the time I leave my current job.
>get hired at massive upscale wine/liquor store
>start trying a different beer every night
>nightly beer becomes regular routine
>start looking forward to getting off work so i can go home, have dinner and sit down with a beer
>find a beer i really like but have to finish off current fridge stash before i start buying packs of it
>get curious about whiskey
>get jar of moonshine to try after im done trying beers
>get free bottle of rum from work, tastes fucking awesome
>get free bottle of wine from work
>need to drink that at some point to get it out of the fridge
>have to finish off beer stash so i can finish off the rum and then work on the moonshine and wine before i try other whiskeys and rums
>find myself thinking "a glass of that rum would be fucking awesome right now" and then realize its only 7 in the morning

At least they know how to make loyal customers.

Drinking alone is dangerous, i started 4-5 years ago, basically i had no friends and no gf. Spend all my time alone, so i would start buying a six-pack on Fridays and drink alone.
Then i also began drinking on saturday and week days, i became increasingly tolerant.

Somedays i don't drink, if i have some important thing to do the next day, but most days i drink a bottle of wine (1L bottle, because the 0.75L is way to little).

Don't drink alone, it is nice and chill, but it can escalate and before you know it, you browse Jow Forums +3 hours a day semi-drunk or hangover.

Ask me how I know you’re Asian.

If you don't down a fifth of liquor in one go it's not too bad. But people who drink alone, drink often and/or can't control themselves when it comes to drinking are considered alcoholics.

t. alcoholic. fuck it, I still function normally and it makes wagie life bearable. Also I'm single and live alone so it's not destroying my family.

How much do you drink?

I'll tell you kids something they always wait for you to figure out yourself, but then it's too fucking late. Addiction is like any other disease or disorder, but they pretend it's not. If you bust your knee, that's gonna stick with you for life, and few people would suggest that you should only take painkillers, do proper exercise, mind your steps, and avoid certain activities 'when it hurts real bad.' They'd never suggest that maybe you should abstain from walking for the rest of your life, either, or go to a busted knee anonymous whiners club, where people spend 4 hours a day forming destructive enabler relationships with others who have the exact same complex relationship to their condition.

Once you figure out you're addicted to the feels, and not the substance itself, that's when it gets really bad. You'll start looking for a more optimal way to get it precisely the way you want, and you'll find yourself actually abstaining to make the feels all that much more special, magical, and higher than ever before when you do indulge. You'll let it build and develop into a whimsy, nostalgia, even, ritualized. A shot's a shot, and should only ever be thought of as a shot, never a ticket to Nirvana.

Attached: boomer 30.jpg (1024x584, 43K)

Jesus Christ, how can you guys drink at all. In December I drank a bit of Baileys and was absolutely disgusted by it. Lesson learned, will avoid that brand completely and will probably do the same for all alcohol together.

I used to drink a 4-6pack of beer or a bottle of wine every single day. I'd have a huge pile of beer cans and bottles next to my computer by the end of the week.
Started hating feeling like shit every day at work and now I somehow manage to only drink a bottle of wine or liquor during the weekend. Mostly.
I still dread going to the store because it's like my brain turns off and I just buy alcohol and get drunk and hate myself the next day. And I realize at the time I will hate myself the next day but I'm like fuck it. Don't be like me.

There's a reason boomers drink aged hard liquor instead of the trash on the bottom shelf.

Weed fucks with your brain way more than alcohol does.

If you're have existential doubts about being an alcoholic, then you're already an alcoholic, user

A normal person wouldn't be having these doubts if they weren't dependent on the drug.

Baileys is full of sugar, did you barf?

This. Asking the question answers it.

Nice trips for truth.

Taking a break from alcohol and drugs in january-february. Drank a lot during the holidays + some coke and ketamine. I highly recommend drinking hemp tea with high cbd concentrations during the evenings. It's healthy and gives you focus.

untrue drinking kills your kidneys too.

if it's negatively affecting your life, then it's a problem. if it isn't, then its not. quantity consumed is not an appropriate measure.

This board is filled with faggots

You are alcoholic when you feel you control alcohol and everything is under control, but you drink everyday and if you dont your body shake or have abstinence behaviors. If you drink once or twice until you pass out its just some specific case where you cant control yourself.

When you become alcoholic its like a curse, my friend died because he had several organs failure because he drinked gasoline and the parfum of his grandmother, he was 23.

You are obcessive compulsive, search for treatment.

Alcohol is a disgusting drug. One of the most vile drugs out there. I can't believe I used to routinely drink 1-2 litres of vodka every weekend/every other day from ages 17-20. These days I don't do any spirits, just an occasional bottle of beer or a glass of prosecco. Anything more than 2 bottles of beer makes me feel sick. 2 bottles of beer is my limit. 1 bottle of beer is usually enough for me to enjoy. The thing with alcohol is it peaks so fucking early, and then just nosedives. If you go on a binge it leaves you sick as a dog and full of bad memories the next day. I don't know why so many people gravitate towards it. Fits the work/sleep/consume culture I guess, like coffee.

Yea, when i pick up a drink i just don't stop. They call it the allergy in AA. Stopped going to AA because they are a bunch of losers. I just dont drink, i dont need to add 12 steps between that.

So you drank 1.5 litres of whiskey over 9 days. I once drank 2.1 litres of whiskey in 12 hours, coward

AA isnt shit, AA is made for people who need group motivation to stop, I already was in treatment with 2 psychiatricians and they dont recommended AA for me because they knew I was introspective.

>drinking hard liquor
>smoking weed
>not being clearheaded with an occasional glass of wine to unwind
bunch of low-life junkies ITT lmao

Alcoholic since the tender age of 16, but haven’t had so much as a drop for close to a decade now. If you can’t moderate your consumption and do stupid shit while inebriated, it really is better to abstain altogether. Not feeling like shit everyday, saving money and avoiding chronic, long-term hepatic damage isn’t a bad thing. Some of us aerent equipped with that switch to stop once that first buzz kicks in.

That stuff can totally change your pov

The group motivation is little more than a circlejerk full of self-destructive thrill seekers, who share warstories with each other.

Dude, its your personal opinion. Some people need group motivation to change, others not, that doesnt mean that a free group created to help people in need are useless.

Listen man, my mom was an alcoholic and Ive seen how that shit can completely destroy someone. She also started small, with a glas of vine every evening when I was around 5. Then it went up to two glasses instead of one from time to time, then three and so on. And suddenly it became normal for her to start drinking in the afternoon or even earlier. By the time i was 12 she was drunk everyday and couldnt stop drinking without showing withdrawal symptoms.

Im not saying you should stop drinking, just try to stay sober at least 3 or 4 days a week. Your body will get used to it otherwise and you will need even more.

The efficacy comes from talk therapy and access to resources. If it keeps people of the bottle, who are you to say it doesn’t work?

You get numbed very quickly, but the onset is very slow. When you smoke up, it hits you right away, and you either go to heaven, or it doesn't do a whole lot, so you hit it again. There's a limit to how many times you can hit it, and it doesn't sneak up on you.

You take a shot, then a shot, then a shot, then a shot with red bull, then you get poured a shot while you have a shot, you knock over a shot, your friend gets you a normal glass, you pour a shot, down it, pour a quarter of the glass, then the red bull on top, then the last of the rum. Suddenly everything gets kind of blurry, but it all comes really fast, and you never get used to it.

I used to drink 100 pints and 2 litres of vodka a week for years, had multiple stomach ulcers and consistently vomited blood. I still drink, upto 50 pints a week and a couple of bottles of wine. Its not easy to get drunk as my body is so used to drinking for the last 17 years nearly everyday. Alcohol is dangerous and so easy to use as a crutch as its so cheap

You are an alcoholic. Read you are not your brain and chigiddy-examine-yourself

>Im not saying you should stop drinking,
Of course he should. By the definition he's already an alcoholic.

drinking is degenerate and leads to long term depression and anger issues
without alcohol you will be happier and a better person overall

you're fine.

>thread

>Am I an alcoholic, anons? Is this affecting (effecting??) my trading abilities?
Yes and yes.

>need to drink that at some point to get it out of the fridge
You don't have to keep a closed bottle of wine in the fridge.

Alcohol is an extremely degenerate fucking drug. I do meth instead.

Attached: 5710D598-664D-406B-8864-ABDE591BF57B.jpg (600x600, 95K)