/smg/ - Sasuke Market General

What I have is not a dream, because I will make it a reality. I'm going to restore my portfolio, and short a certain index.... edition.

>I'm new to the stock market, what stocks should I buy?
Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks, Comfy is ok and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
pastebin.com/y9PRQLR3

Earnings Report Calendars:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Basic rundown on lean hogs:
theoptionsguide.com/lean-hogs-futures-buying.aspx

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

People who lack Hatred:

Attached: smg2.png (1200x1099, 651K)

Other urls found in this thread:

marketwatch.com/story/stock-market-investors-its-time-to-hear-the-ugly-truth-2019-01-05
youtube.com/watch?v=OyCJk7vCjpU
finviz.com/map.ashx?t=sec
investopedia.com/millennials-load-up-on-battered-apple-facebook-amd-4582768
ft.com/content/1d6ec1a2-a77f-11e7-93c5-648314d2c72c
youtube.com/watch?v=Fi313ZjiQLo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

kys weab

First for red day tomorrow

"no"

Okay :(

Attached: 02b0e26cacde2b4d0aba800f6f238262.jpg (2541x3276, 2.55M)

do the needful jerome

Attached: 1545105924284.png (288x251, 186K)

short vix and keep partying bros.

Attached: 1546694552813.png (1000x1000, 216K)

>Predictions for how long this 'rally' lasts until the next leg down? 2 weeks is my guess. Money will pour in in expectation of earnings (see, Netflix) and run for the exit after the first round.

Thoughts on this article?

marketwatch.com/story/stock-market-investors-its-time-to-hear-the-ugly-truth-2019-01-05

Attached: 1546626082425.jpg (502x432, 48K)

Fuck you, this is hilarious.

Attached: 1539075605485.gif (200x200, 594K)

How many of you are gay?

Just Pendulum, and probably Comfy.

>Who ya gonna believe, me or our lying eyes?

.... Amaterasu

Attached: sasuke.jpg (1280x720, 107K)

my hairdresser told me she is quitting to start short selling the S&P 500. what does this mean?

Attached: 1546738299699.jpg (800x668, 52K)

SPXL

Attached: 02.jpg (2893x4092, 2.13M)

short vix and own them.

Attached: 1546360611097.jpg (1242x808, 36K)

all known information, been known forever. don't fight the fed or the government in their plans to juice the markets -- they've been doing it forever. go with the flow and make some money, but consider holding some gold as a hedge.

youtube.com/watch?v=OyCJk7vCjpU

no but I've shagged as many men as woman

honestly this is my opinion too. As much as I want this shit to burn, it never will. The government/fed will juice the market to ensure boomers (voting block) can retire-- ethics be damned.

based and redpilled. short vix to make money to buy assets (cash, bullets, metals, crypto, and land).

wtf that's gay

>that hairline

Attached: anime-cringe-gif-3.gif (640x381, 164K)

Why do people say "invest" instead of buying in cash, say something like a car.

If say you get a loan at 3%, doesn't that mean you have to get a 3% return at minimum if you decide to invest instead of paying cash?

If you had invested $30k in stocks last year, you would easily be down $10k by now.

Or are there easier ways of making money?

what makes you say that

Who cares if his hair is shit as long as what hes saying is true?

why does he bother selling subscriptions to his service if he knows whats going to happen? should be easy enough to just take your money and go long/short accordingly instead of spending time making videos and marketing.

if he cant even get symmetrical hair lines, what makes you think he can make competent TA lines?

Attached: 9652577.gif (500x349, 1.5M)

you shouldn't have money in the market that you'll need within the next 5 years, for a car or whatever else.

Yeah the dude needs to preform TA on his head lmao

kek

Attached: mfwwattchingratsudie.png (298x245, 106K)

what the fook is the name of the Kaede-san backstory

stop shilling your youtube channel

its Kaede-Sama to you, slave
(its called Fragile (am cannot find complete copy of it anymore(theres another one too but forgot name)))

Attached: maple.png (954x867, 501K)

this is dumb. this is boomer bullshit. you can put in and take out money from markets at your will. you'll just pay higher tax percent. but if you can generate bigger returns than leaving the money in, then you should do it.

Thats pretty gay...

Attached: 1546761669863.jpg (480x480, 47K)

Since everyone is fearful of a crash right now, we should be greedy?

Imagine thinking we should be greedy right before the earnings recession kicks off and companies follow in Apples footsteps

Attached: E3C9000F-F398-436C-9517-63F2027EEE5C.png (1242x2208, 1.11M)

correct
retail is bearish now, so there's likely going to be a while before any actual crash occurs

see

Attached: 1525966141482.jpg (604x604, 47K)

imagine automatically assuming there's going to be a recession because one tech company missed earnings

Attached: green day.png (699x482, 940K)

Another day another dollar, am I right, /smg/?

Attached: boomerwaifu.jpg (1200x1333, 175K)

January feeling breddy bullish tbhfam.

Attached: 1546718430282.gif (500x374, 234K)

Here's to show it's not just about buying the dip. I set the time for time invested in bonds after a yield curve inversion for 9 years, when stock markets have usually recovered most of their value. It's also a part of the fact that interest rates are usually at their height at those points, making bonds a comparatively good investment.

Attached: Rplot 9 year inversion re.png (723x484, 4K)

>working on the sabbath

Attached: 000.jpg (900x900, 77K)

Looks like the Jews aren’t bringing the market down. Short VIX? Long SPX? It’s time to BTFD boys.

Apple missed
Nvidia missed
Netflix missed
Facebook missed

Imagine still thinking this isn’t a bear market about to experience an earnings recession when the largest tech companies of the past two seasons who didnt miss were only Msft and Amzn

Oh boy you thought the Netflix, Facebook, Nvidia, Apple dramatic sell offs on earnings was a one off thang?

Attached: C546EF87-EE8E-46B3-AD88-FD1EE4B26E01.jpg (673x753, 542K)

Another day another prayer, am I right, /smg/??

Attached: 1545269421565.jpg (400x400, 40K)

We have already priced in A WHOLE YEAR of missed revenue from all major tech companies then. Yes, they may will sink but other tech companies will take their place very quickly. Just buy QQQ you dumb goy.

>FAANG and Nvidia missed
>this means the entire market is going to crash

there are also stocks that aren't in the technology sector, believe it or not

Look at the contents and weighing of SPY and QQQ and you'll realize how much they matter

Beat me to it. FAANG is the market.

People will buy after they miss again this time. Why? Because it won’t miss next time. Powell is printing more money as we speak.

Fair enough
I don't deny that the market is late cycle, and I do think that defensive sectors like healthcare, utilities, and consumer staples will outperform the general market in coming years
That's why I don't have exposure to any tech companies or broader market ETFs

It didn't occur to me that all the smug bull posts I've been making imply that I think tech and growth investments will continue to perform well
Both my current portfolio and my personal watchlist are actually very defensive

Attached: 1546393297173.png (1200x1200, 409K)

literally all non arguments from morons who can't see trends

Fixed the labels. This is the 9 year reinvestment and doesn't include the great depression as an instance of inversion.

This is why you pull your money out when the yield curve inversion happens, if anyone's still betting on a bull market, I suggest you get out now. Even if it's a false positive, you'll still make so much more money by keeping the value of your investment, even if you miss out on some gains, than eating the crash.

Attached: Rplot inflation adjusted.png (723x484, 5K)

For real.
It's one thing to be a contrarian via permabull, but not recognizing their importance and dominance doesn't make sense

Attached: Screenshot_20190106-103305.png (1080x1920, 154K)

Read the news. Apple and the other tech giants are starting to show legitimate declines in their bottom lines. The fundamentals just aren't there anymore. Makes me wonder why there is still such a bullish bias.

I'm not about to start taking advice from a YouTube channel that has a $30/month insider course.

there literally isn't a single company in my portfolio and/or watchlist that isn't in the healthcare, utilities, or consumer staple sectors

Attached: 1546309139395.jpg (1138x638, 71K)

Doesn't matter, the entire market is so interconnected via ETFs and mutual funds flows from the massive tech sector will tank everything

That may have a negative effect on defensive sectors, but I think it will be to a much lesser degree and largely short term

Attached: 1540504258721.jpg (768x1200, 97K)

time to move to OTCmarkets...

Do you read the magazine Tdameritrade sends out every quarter?

There would still be inflows as people seek safe havens.

Also it's intellectual dishonest and uninformed to classify GALT as defensive
It's biotech, not healthcare

>falling for the its priced in meme
Yeah thats just false no one has priced in these misses and thats exactly why all the stocks I mentioned above Apple, Netflix, Facebook, Nvidia not only dropped off dramitically but never recovered

>FA(A)N(N)G and Nvidia missed
You know its redundant to say FANG and Nvidia because Nvidia is interchangable with Netflix as Apple with Amazon for the name.

>this means the entire market is going to crash
Yes it does. Where do you think we had the most gains in the S&P500 last year from? Tech. Everything else finacials, utilities, etc was in a rolling bear market since the beggining of 2018 sell off. Tech was the only sector spared and what happened when Tech got hit in October? Oh yea we finally hit -6% on the S&P 500 far below the feburary lows of 2018.

So Yes big tech missing and selling off abosultely drags down the entire market because if you havent been paying attention all of 2018 it was the biggest contributor to growth in the market indices

Attached: DC4FF325-A64E-4D6C-A6D1-2B23EDD4A496.jpg (1242x1528, 1.22M)

biotech is a part of the healthcare sector

finviz.com/map.ashx?t=sec

Attached: HURRRR.png (738x301, 30K)

Attached: HURRRR.png (619x307, 34K)

Attached: HURRRR.png (1103x327, 39K)

these tech companies actually do create *that* much value in society. there's a reason that they're valued at where they are. it *is* priced in.

Wow shes a bad influence

Attached: x65.png (213x224, 58K)

I don't believe it

Attached: 1545865262062.png (1811x1531, 2.75M)

Whether it's part of the category or not, biotech is still pretty risky and I have trouble believing it'd be treated as a safe-haven in a crisis. What makes healthcare stocks defensive in the first place is how the demand for healthcare services continues regardless, because people still get sick and injured.

I do! It's a valuable resource, I read that and Warren Buffets letters

>What makes healthcare stocks defensive in the first place is how the demand for healthcare services continues regardless, because people still get sick and injured.

the role of biotech companies is to develop new treatments that fill an unmet medical need
until we figure out a perfect way to treat every disease on earth, there will always be a demand for them
it is true that it's a very volatile sector, but in the long term, there's just as much demand for them as there is for other aspects of the healthcare industry
without biotech, none of the drugs that the other areas of the industry use would exist

depends if traps are gay (they arent)

i think they could beef it up.. but i have come across some cool info for options in there.. wasn't sure if anyone else actually read it..

I rather invest in the drug companies that just sell the drug after it's been researched and developed.. i'll speculate on some biotech clinical trials tho.... that being said... LCI is looking real good.

That can all be true, but what makes a defensive stock actually a defensive stock isn't just whether i's non-cyclical. It should also be low risk or outperform the market in declines. I don't know if people would see biotechs that way, and if they did certainly less so than other less risky options.

pic related

>(they arent)

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (474x369, 40K)

Can you post your portfolio senpai

you niggers better know rising interest rates causes Defensive, consumer staples to underperform Tech and SPX
until that slows the Golden bull for Tech will continue. Netflix will boost to 330 after earnings

Attached: mecha.png (298x300, 115K)

A broad biotech ETF could arguably be defensive, but individual biotechs are not

Medical stocks ≠ biomedical stocks

The risks are not even remotely comparable, nor are the supply or demand

They absolutely are gay, no matter how deep your denial is

Attached: 49371746_382673879154663_143285971624919040_n.png.jpg (800x800, 41K)

I need a good a
Stock pls

LCI

Are you god's joke. Or saviour?

Can you give some info about lannett company inc? Some basic info. What do they produce.

investopedia.com/millennials-load-up-on-battered-apple-facebook-amd-4582768
>robinhood reveals popular trades for 2018
This is what /smg/ has really been buying?

My calls are sitting pretty

Attached: 212325423523.jpg (1080x1920, 232K)

forgot pic

Attached: defensive stock.png (783x349, 20K)

Is Evil Bank Manager on Steam any good?

LCI's my biggest winner so far, holding KODK for the inevitable scalp when they announce anything new concerning their meme cryptocoin

Attached: memestocks.png (1559x516, 87K)

>Sprint
>My calls are sitting pretty
Pfft. Not on that network.

biotech is among the higher-risk options in a defensive sector
if you make a good pick, biotech stocks are very capable of outperforming during a market decline, like GILD, CELG, and AMGN did in 2008

ft.com/content/1d6ec1a2-a77f-11e7-93c5-648314d2c72c

i've been asking myself that my whole life...

LCI has been shorted very heavily.. They aren't going to renew a contract.. that contract was already known to be ending in march 2019 but shorts have been using that old news for far too long.

LCI has already been replacing all that revenue from that contract and have making a lot of reductions in their expenses.. they've been signing more deals and launching new drugs... I think they've launched like 12 drugs in the past 8 months and are planning on launching another 15-17 before end of fiscal year 2019. That means there will be a lot of catalyst to come in the next 6-8 months.
institutions own 85% of the company but yet over 50% of the shares are short.. where will shorts get those shares to cover?? they should have covered on this drop but haven't.. Big institutions that would have sold.. already have the remainder of the institutions holding obviously aren't selling down at these levels and shorts eventually need those shares.. The company is extremely undervalued and shorts have overplayed their trade.. Guy Gentile has over $20mill into it, he sees it.. i'm sure plenty of other people see it.. heres Guys take on it.. if you don't know who Guy Gentile is you should look into him..

youtube.com/watch?v=Fi313ZjiQLo

*should add that i'm dumping my positions monday, and reassessing a new portfolio, probably going to be a mix of calls/puts

Milennials might be the dumbest fucking retail investors in a while. Millenials are buying fucking Ford and Ge seriously?

This has to be a reporting mistake by Robinhood. I can see 18,19,20,21,22,23 year olds buying these poor man stocks along with buying into the marijuana bubble but they wouldn’t be millenials. Millenials wouldnt be the 19 poor fag buying this shit nor would a millenial be the 21 year old trading Tilray at the campus library. Millenials are 30 and up lower bounds around 27-28. These people probably have years of jobs or just got decent ones they wouldnt be gambling on cheap shit and marijuana stocks I dont believe it for one fucking second

Attached: 433413FF-6318-4DE3-9815-E6BB451E7B7B.jpg (1156x1339, 1003K)

I’m worried about my puts do I sell at open Monday and eat the loss or hold and see what happens, risking they expire worthless?

>more fags just buying options outright
You deserve to lose money.

what's the expiry date? What's the position?

probably in for some pain for the next 2 weeks, then massive gains.