>psychology
>behaviorism
>geometry
>python and java
>24 hour sessions absorbing numbers
>did you forget to eat today?
>sleepless nights thinking about meme numbers
>perpetual motion
2 years of my life in a blur looking back, brain obliterated and for what, multiple bots in play that go sideways, until now maybe?
I think I understand now, says amateur retard nervously for the hundredth time.
10,000 backdated trades over 2 years, 3,000 on real markets, 2.5% yield.

couldve all been prevented with 1 bullet to the head, the energy ive burned on this and the lost time couldve been used to get a degree ffs. i couldve become an expert at fucking anything.
if what im working on now fails then i go for the bulletpill, cant spend more time doing this, its a fucking addiction

Attached: 1534348102096.png (1200x758, 845K)

Same, the last year was particularly tough. 2019 seems breakthrough though.
>couldve been used to get a degree ffs
At least you're in control of your fate, unlike those who got high end degrees and kill themselves when efforts not recognised.

how did you learn? You think you can have an edge vs teams of math phd on short time frames?

>You think you can have an edge vs teams of math phd on short time frames?
Absolutely not, impossible, theyve burned more ideas than ill come up with in 100 lifetimes. But their legacy has left mountains of material all over the net for us to catch up quickly.
I feel like I can gain an advantage over psych phds, all my models work to identify the human orders v machine, then counter/follow/destroy on a billion other criteria. I'm writing scripts that are tracking down people and then pissing them off, thats the goal at leas, I want to be the most obnoxious prick on every market and in the crypto world I dont see others reacting the way my code does to moves.
Time will tell if its a success, it has been so far.
The mechanics of it all I learned via google

Algorithms aren't going to work man. If you get lucky and come across the perfect algorithm, others are going to discover it too, which makes it stop working. You can't beat the market unless you're a whale.
Use your data analysis and coding skills to build something that actually helps people and then you'll make some money.

fuck that shit real chads are using renko bars

Attached: renkobars.png (1560x709, 46K)

>Literally burning your life away on this shit when you could just 10x market order a trendline break and outperform 100 years worth of your algos
Toppest of keks

>At least you're in control
Thats the appeal isnt it, though the workload from scratch doesnt always feel like it can be kept under control, no.matter how efficient you are there always something ready to drain you.
Started off as a challenging hobby until I realised what was potentially out there, my mind ran away with itself and now meme numbers have become my lifes work, which could well blow up in my face before bulletpilling.

2019 could be anything, my stops are always tight, I wont have any long term liabilities outside of usd and nothing for long if I can help it.

Initially the idea wasnt to sit at the computer trading, even if its formulaic and fun, scripts can do it all and make better decisions than us (maybe?).
Funny how much work has to go into this considering, Ive probably taken 5 years off my life expectancy.

>cant into TA after 2 years
KEK

Why not just sell the bots you made to other people? And make them fully customizable so they're responsible for their own gains/losses.

See above, if I wanted to sit at a computer or wait for alerts all day Id have done it.
I want to remove myself from the equation entirety, it may well be impossible and the holy grail to some but what I'm working on just now is getting me anxious, its different and working over 000's of moves.
Even if it doesnt last long, I think I'll be able to look back and find value in the process, Ive learned a lot about myself (and others).

that's exactly what i want to learn. I dont necessarily want to make money but im just interested in learning things, know where to start. you should mentor me.
>I feel like I can gain an advantage over psych phds
dude 99% of psych phds have no idea about trading

That might happen, Im considering all outs.
I'm already a part of a few small groups where I've helped others for free, sometimes a guy just needs a thought seeded to get them over the line, having a product to sell them wouldnt be difficult once trust is established.

You read too much into this shit. I missed out on making a lot of money because of that.

>dude 99% of psych phds have no idea about trading
I'd say most experienced traders are probably better psychologists than the fucking academics, yet the academic is still valued in financial communities, we're all.mostly trying to do the same thing.
Just google algo trading, theres a billion websites with roadmaps into it

Curious how Java comes into the equation.

Why not just with simple python scripting?

Been thinking of writing a trade bot to learn python, interacting with APIs and build my portfolio.

Gonna also be taking a Java course this semester. Figured it'd be good to learn too as a ton of devices run it, even if support for it will be dropped soon.

>Curious how Java comes into the equation.
He wanted to waste his time learning about a shitty language that no one wants to use
>Gonna also be taking a Java course this semester
Bahahahahhaaaaaaaaaa

nothing wastes more time than trying to save a little time.

friend I am also working on an algorithmic trading bot. We can support each other through the bad times. add my username on discord:
doublecouponday#0201

Yeah, Java is definitely on the out. Not my choice to take it, but it's required. Actually about to pay for my semester. Thankfully a community college, so not crazy expensive.

Java is very efficient unlike Python and is the #1 used language in the world you retarded larper.

Just buy and hodl brah.

Attached: chadvitalik.jpg (527x424, 39K)

this get me curious, you did backtrace some common TA strategies, right? can you share the objective data how they hold up? like in %, not the typical "sometimes it works sometime not"...

nice, just bought 100k

Lads its not stochastic, it only seems that way because its priced in usd.
If you defined the meter by an arbitrary index of consumer goods set by a central authority politically beholden to no one youd think projectile motion was unpredictable as well.

user... the coding is the easy part you know

>TA strategies
Yes but not common ones, I'm doing a couple if things nobody else is (or coming out with at least), I know as I couldnt google any answers to the questions that lead me here.

2.5% is the expectation, turned over 652,000usd so far, varying opening positions between 400-1200, up $16,100 since september.
its followed the back tested data, theres room to grow volume 10x and still get the prices I want.

Just feel like the grind may be paying off for once.
Or Im being set up by the gods for a massive life ending crash, this thread was a call for help on that front, just knowing theres others out there with similar goals is comforting.

so user, I will start by admitting that I'm way behind you - just starting to collect data to do some mining... but it seems very weird to me that after spending 2 years on it you did not test something as commonly talked about as TA? even just to benchmark it?

I mean even if it would turn to be a garbage there should be at least some value in knowing that some people use it an now you know how they will react in certain scenarios...

what am I missing here?

Attached: no-idea.png (455x290, 212K)

i know your feels.