ETHEREUM CLASSIC 51% ATTACKED

*inhales*

AAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

blog.coinbase.com/ethereum-classic-etc-is-currently-being-51-attacked-33be13ce32de

Attached: Screenshot 2019-01-07 at 20.02.18.png (1170x1046, 242K)

Unironically bullish

Listing ETC so they could dump their bags will come back to haunt them in a few years.

It already has, coinbase is a complete joke already

this

Attached: checkemyspace.gif (400x400, 320K)

Double checked actually very nice

Probably using nicehash.
Pow really isn't very secure.

Attached: 1516324807425.png (969x617, 34K)

Imagine buying an outdated version of ethereum with literally no good ico

LMAO I JUST bought 1 ETC afew minutes ago (my first crypto transaction) for shots and giggles for real

LMAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

KEK

What made you choose to do so? Just curious.

Wew

probably shillbert upset that his scamchain failed miserably

>be coinbase
>list a dead shitcoin to dump bags on your customers
>shitcoin gets abandoned by devs
>shitcoin gets 51% attacked
>don't be coinbase

same with shitcoin cash
they should have never went into that territory

This garbage should be dumping harder. I guess nobody even cares anymore.

Attached: 634626245645.png (875x99, 8K)

Attached: 100% sweetie.png (680x680, 416K)

same i did the same just fucking yesterday

You know what miners can't double spend?

XRP

Brian Armstrong needs to be forced out by CB's investors.

Attached: losing-money.jpg (1080x810, 104K)

Why are XRP bagholders the most butthurt of all? They talk shit about about Coinbase constantly while simultaneously begging to be listed and their only actual gripe is that they weren't let into the club earlier. You mad. We get it. Just grow a pair & STFU about it already.

yeah XRP can't be double spent because it's completely centralized

that sounds like a good thing.

My USD bills in my physical wallet also can't be double spent.

Attached: 1545987450256-0.jpg (1004x1024, 105K)

so buy it then. you'll like EOS then too.

>negative IQ: the post

XRP does whatever it wants because it's an excel spreadsheet and not a blockchain
in other words: a complete scam

It's more decentralized than china-coin or any of its derivatives. Stay in denial and stay poor though. Who cares.

Yeah he does need to be strong-armed outta there.

Excel can transfer money internationally?

lmfao ripple will just make up a billion coins and dump on every bagholder on the planet
stupidest fucking idea of all time goes to "centralized private blockchain"
basically stealing money from retards

Tpbp and checked

this is not a joke, ETC has over 500 mil MCC. This is only going to hurt crypto even if I hate ETC, fucking shitcoin.

they lost all credibility when they added roger vers scam to their platform.
the kikes running coinbase dont give a fuck about anything else except their own wallets.
they list assets just to insider trade them.
most corrupted kikes in crypto tbqh

Always seen a few things here and there about crypto. I knew Jow Forums talked extensively about it too. Decided to see up a wallet with bitconnect or whatever and bought the cheapest one that might somehow in a million years be worth the 6 bucks.

good job. you bought an outdated version of a platform that will become the global supercomputer. Meanwhile, your holding will go to 0.
Congrats on this. Seriously.

Yup and they were forced into admitting it by twitter fags

Let it be known I shall own $5.14 worth of the supercomputer tho

Yikes

10000 XRP costs only 3600$

just sayin'

Attached: 1546863094085.png (1454x1083, 1.84M)

They should fork it again pre-double spend

where do we report cuck coinbase to SEC for fraud and security manipulation ?

Attached: image.png (403x482, 392K)

whats a 51% attack

LINK too

AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH

I HOPE THE MENTAL KEKODS HOLDING ON TO THIS ABANDONED RELIC LOSE ALL OF THEIR FUCKING MONEY

Its the same as meeting a 56%er

Attached: C718439D-4F54-4E5C-838E-DFF234C55AC9.jpg (540x542, 24K)

ETC needs to die. Too many shitcoins in top 30. Many of them need to disappear.

If the US government or whoever got pissed off at cryptocurrency for some reason wouldn't it be trivial for (((them))) to rent a bunch of asics and permanently shrek the bitcoin blockchain? I mean if it's only $319,703 to 51% BTC for one hour that's like what, the cost to fly an F-35 for one hour?

Pretty sure they'll do this some day.

Instead of laughing at ETC, ETH holders should question why ETH is delaying the move to POS and at the same time reducing the mining block rewards. These actions could make ETH itself more vulnerable to a 51% attack in the future as more rental hashrate becomes available due to the proliferation of ASICs.

Attached: 47E1B93F-031B-4B45-AF5F-207EC03AAC68.jpg (361x408, 19K)

if youre one of the traditional mega bank youre allowed to double spend

Attached: file.png (366x137, 19K)

What's the point of buying Hard Forked coins ? ETH >>>>> ETC or any other hard fork that will happen . Same thing with BTC >>>> Bitcoin Vishnu and all other crap forks

Yes.

Attached: hqdefault (2).jpg (480x360, 14K)

Coinbase might be behind it. They've dumped they bags, now they need an excuse to delist the shitcoin.

makes no sense they would start with classic and not bcash first, which causes much more negative attention to coinbase.

yeah mate, the legitimate business making legal money off you is going to get involved in exploiting a vulnerability to manipulate a currency. Jesus there are some retards here

>next is Ethereum
my shittokens are in Ethereum FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
then Bitcoin
only one is immune as such attackers would be recognized and rejected no ddos possible

Bcash has a much larger community and there's still chance its price go up. ETC is pretty much a dead coin at this point.

LMAO found the coinbase shill.

You have no clue of what goes on in crypto. Manipulation is rampant. Coinbase is not a 'legitimate' business. It's just a bunch of crooks who will do anything to put money in the pockets of their shareholders. The only reason they listed ETC was to dump millions of coins in retail investors who can't tell the difference between ethereum and ETC.

test

You will have to sustain the attack and waste millions to billions in electricity to what ends? A new coin will just pop up later and become hardened to the attack

rip

>the real eth
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>nuhuh, it has twenty nodes!
It's centralized.

Holy shit, is this the state of Jow Forums now?

Bad PR for coinbase. Caught playing the censorship game with the gab and WikiLeaks ban and now this. I guess it's karma for being a Jewish company

fuck off kike

this tbqh

XRP and EOS are both more decentralized than shitcoins like ETC

Attached: reddit.png (770x789, 510K)

Yes Sirs, this is why you should buy Ethereum Classic Vitaliks Vision. Dr Craig S Wright is the REAL Vitalik Buterin, and he will restore Ethereum to its original glory. You Blockstream shills won't distract me lmao. Do the needful Sirs.

You act like all of us are holding bags. Most of us are well above buy-in.

>babbies first reorg
this happens all the time

It's where 51% or more of the token holders have a meeting and vote on a block reorg, essentially hard forking the chain and accepting the new fork. Didn't you get your invite to the livestream? ETC holder here, I voted yes

Found the dumbass

Does anyone know: is this a flaw of PoW?

Yes. All transactions are mutable in PoW because two miners could (unintentionally in some cases) mine different blocks at about the same time. To prevent a permanent chain split one of the blocks has to be rolled back. This creates the "51% attack" where a new longest chain can be secretly mined and broadcast to the network at a convenient time to double spend.

Therefore PoW should be thrown in the trash heap where it belongs. Not scalable, not secure, not decentralized.

PoW is king, ETC(ETH) is a DAG
it is inherently asymmetric it is not a true blockchain

Blockchain - PoW
DAG - shit
Hashgraph - steaming pile of shit

The ability to fork/split is a good thing thirst and foremost. You have your vision of a chain, you can have it. If it is seen as positive, people will back you and the shitty status quo chain will die.

It is the best currently, with attacks costing a fortune to attempt. Not that one person can hack around in the protocol and break it.
Perhaps avalanche might prove itself better in the future. No other contender available, and ones claiming to are talking out of their ass and usually have a horrible track record as far as honesty is concerned.

ETC is a DAG?

Directed Acyclic Graph

>The ability to fork/split is a good thing thirst and foremost. You have your vision of a chain, you can have it. If it is seen as positive, people will back you and the shitty status quo chain will die.
You don't have to create the 51% attack vulnerability to have your own vision of a chain. Even if you did, PoW still doesn't give you that freedom, because if you can't incentivize millions of dollars a day in PoW then your chain won't be secure.

Just saying that attacks are expensive is not good enough. A network worth tens of billions of dollars can't rely on incentives for security. Especially when there are much simpler options available that solve the problem for free.

thanks, is there a difference though with the likes of IOTA or constellation? These are always promoted as a different method for blockchain, just surprised to hear ETC and ETH are dags

PoW is a
method of distribution
method of governance (might is right)
method of securing
method of avoiding democracy

only Pow coins are able to survive hard times, mkay

You're surprised because they're not

if it is not PoW then it is shit
it has to have real world value

PoW means, the blocks are produced by a miner
Master nodes are not staking

Staking is when the block is produced out of nothing.

If you have 1% reward for the miner and 99% reward for master node it is ok.

But the block of a blockchain has to be produced by a PoW miner or other means, maybe proof of capacity or proof of network. Any means that are real world commodity.

>method of distribution
A poor one. The rich invest in more asics and get richer.

>method of governance (might is right)
Like a government? Might is right is a terrible way to operate. Maybe they decide not to process your transaction or threaten to stop mining (weakening security) if you don't support the changes they want.

>method of securing
As long as the "good" miners are willing to continuously spend more money than any would-be attackers (to the tune of billions every year), then it will probably be secure. Probabilistic security like this should be avoided.

>method of avoiding democracy
Dictators are good as long as they do what you want. Cross your fingers.

>only Pow coins are able to survive hard times, mkay
What do you mean by hard times? How does the fact that billions of dollars are being sucked out of the ecosystem every year help it survive anything?

suck on it liberal

eat shit liberal

hack me if you can liberal

democratic liberal

you are not going to make it liberal

No answers? Definitely not a liberal.

yeah I thought so cheers

yep I know the principle of PoW and PoS

> The rich invest in more asics and get richer.
Unironically the rich support the price and they are rich because they are long term thinkers that will support it no matter what

> decide not to process
Then a competing pool will process them and get the money from the TXs. That means you have zero incentive to censor.

Might is right, forever and ever.

PoW because it is supported by the long term thinkers will attract the speculator that will pump it and get dumped on. It all balances is a perfect symphony.

While staker coin will pump at the start and then always go into death spirals.

Sell your ETH at the top of the staking mania.

Gonna be hilarious when all the serious projects go PoS and all you brainlets are still holding the chinky PoW bags. Get rekt

Attached: 148905792334523.jpg (692x800, 73K)

Get rekt you shall commie.
We the based PoW are just fine.

There is nothing communistic about PoS you fucking moron. Where do you brainlets get your info from?

Attached: 1534989604.jpg (645x729, 57K)

hey hey hey
show us one good chart of a PoS coin

>Unironically the rich support the price and they are rich because they are long term thinkers that will support it no matter what
They put constant downward pressure on the price by selling their block rewards to cover the electric bill. They are not "long term thinkers". They only care about making as much money as possible. Their interests are not aligned with that of the users.

>Then a competing pool will process them and get the money from the TXs. That means you have zero incentive to censor.
Only if you forked over enough money for someone else to process it. If not it could sit in the mempool for weeks. Very poor short term censorship resistance. We do not need a system of rotating dictators.

your second point is mute and void

first point
to have a currency you have to have incentive to bring the currency into the real world. With PoW some of the miners do have to sell and that makes sure some supply will be available at competitive price. In PoS you have no incentive at all to sell, therefore you do not have a currency because it is not flowing.

But the miner since the start is looking at 3 years cycles at the shortest. Many miners mine to speculate they just what coins at the cheapest possible price, to dump on rallies and that balances the price.

The market is too small, but it will mature and saturate.

>mid bear cycle
>oy vey! show a good chart, goy
sounds about kike

Attached: 1525787257341.jpg (426x481, 29K)

Have a look at chainlink