Crypto Mass Adoption

Will normies ever actually adopt crypto if the media keeps hitting us with fud and telling them to buy shit like xrp? I mean in the US we have stuff like zelle now which lets you send money from one account to another for free. How tf are we supposed to convince normies to fill out KYC/AML bullshit just to buy $10 of some shitcoin.
I am unsure of the future of our magical internet money, anons.

Attached: 46A62776-2776-465A-8891-01A72D34BF6E.jpg (613x503, 45K)

If you believe in an economic collapse or anything similar to it what will happen with crypto?

They will have no choice when the banks start locking them out of their own money

Attached: crash incoming.png (2148x1082, 217K)

Attached: file.png (1828x348, 77K)

Mass adoption is a meme. Blockchain is completely inferior to traditional forms of payment for transaction throughput. People don't care about decentralization that much. Crypto as a private secure store of value (digital gold) makes way more sense. Normies will never get this because protip, most normies are poor as fuck.

All that's required for mass adoption of crypto is one killer use case, that provides the hook and ease of use for normans to make the effort required to join the ecosystem.

For concrete examples, in as little as a few weeks, ChiliZ will begin driving adoption among bread and circuses normans (but I repeat myself), who will need the CHZ token to have voting power on some matter relevant to their favorite sportsball team (Juventus/PSG literally already on board).

Attached: chiliz.png (280x180, 5K)

lol

this.

Bitcoin will be like very large rare diamonds that cannot be man made. they are for the ultra wealthy to use as a store of value. Art is used in the same way in some cases.

Bitcoin will be used by the tech billionaires mainly in this regard, as a store of large amounts of wealth.

Bit Coin by and large stands as a failure, as you say this peer to peer electronic cash system is completely inferior to traditional forms of payment. The cyber gold thing was merely a desperate meme we used to shill our intrinsically worthless bags to norman, it worked pretty well and became mainstream cope.

Nobody is using crypto to store any value, all it is used for now is people trying to gamble their money back which we all know will not work. It is over gentlemen, it has been over for a year.

Bitcoin in particular needs privacy before billionaire types would invest their money in it but other than that I agree.
>bitcoin is REALLY dead this time
Dude, zoom out. If you think speculation on bitcoin is over because we had yet another bitcoin bubble predictably pop you're just outing yourself as a peak 2017 buyer. Anybody that ever thought modern bitcoin was actually supposed to function like peer to peer electronic cash then they're grossly misinformed because bitcoin isn't even fungible. This is why the moniker Bitcoin Cash is such a fallacy. Paying people for services using fucking crypto will NEVER be more convenient than using fiat in our lifetimes.

Companies, with billions of dollars, the best idea men, the smartest engineers, and a finger on the pulse how any given solution can be monetized have spent nearly 10 years searching for a single use for blockchain technology, and...

They've come up completely empty handed.

There's NOTHING blockchain tech does that's: cheaper, faster, safer, done more anonymously or transparently (whichever your preference) than an existing off-the-shelf solution. The only usage, whatsoever, is as the transaction medium for illegal transaction. As mainstream, normie used, drugs become increasingly decriminalized, even that single domino falls.

IF, the aforementioned companies EVER find a practical use for blockchain tech, they'll develop their own proprietary system with a newly developed token. Under no circumstances will they make Jow Forums users the new ruling class by buying into ANY existing coin to power their solution.

The only method, ONLY, to have an existing coin become to new exchange medium would be mass adoption, and mass adoption WILL NOT be reached by using coins as a speculative commodity that is intended to appreciate in value. If you want a coin to make it, get out there and use it. Make everyone you know USE IT. Hoarding it, and daytrading it, will kill it. Only widespread use will succeed in forcing existing institutions to adopt your coin... and even that may not be enough if they can actually find a practical usage and push the world onto their proprietary coin.

sure, mass adoption will come, but only for coins like btc/eth. there's already been mass speculative adoption for altcoins, but thats where the mass adoption stops for them.

you're not going to get a world where normal people are using 5-10 different random alts, so dont expect to get rich holding one of them.

No I never really lost interest before, even through first mainstream gox bubble. But all we were ever really hoping for as far as I knew, or at least for those of us that wanted money, is that the normies would come. I don't really think anyone predicted they were coming in the way that they did in 2017 but nevertheless they had arrived, 10k was still the most important mental barrier, we did smash it but not for any amount of time that matters.

I was under the impression we were meant to sell to the normies when they came. So what are you doing now? Waiting for them to come back? The institutions is a newfag meme, but what if they did come? Would you sell to them? What are you actually trying to do?

The fact is bit coins used to have crazy upside, but that is gone with the normies, we used them up bra

Not until it's as easy as buying stocks. I don't own any crypto because it's a pain to buy and hold.
First open an account somewhere. I want to buy that crypto. You can't directly, you must first buy this one than buy that one with the first one. Can I just hold it in my account. Nope, sorry. You must set up a digital wallet somewhere else and keep it yourself.
When it's as easy as etrade or ameritrade then possibly.

If the elusive bitcoin etf ever comes, it should be very easy to use.

larping faggot, nobody is buying any retarded ETF, like futures but for average boomers who will finally be able to short this gay money.

>store of value
>down 80% yoy
Congrats on this, seriously.

Isn't CMC setting up shop in their blockchains campus with CZ

Chiliz is the sports one right?

Nobody that mattered bought the top. Check back in 25 years.

>Coinbase is hard
This is bait.

>Not until it's as easy as buying stocks. I don't own any crypto because it's a pain to buy and hold.
You can buy bitcoin with the literal #1 ios finance app, it's easier than stocks.

found the boomer

Attached: 30-years-old-Sang.gif (800x370, 182K)

Attached: 89A908CB-BCEA-4272-B610-70A8CBAB8C18.jpg (260x234, 15K)

Attached: EB72CE41-E1BB-46E9-8586-7B3E05149B81.gif (367x219, 523K)

if by mass adoption you mean a bunch of idiots hodling because of speculation, then yes

PLess wuhat movie is it

What about the god protocol?

the currency meme is over

we store of value now

>we store of value now
I wonder where we will be in the next few years!

Based Satoshi

This. Business adoption of cryptos? Yeah, for some use cases. Smart contracts? Hell yeah - but almost all B2B. Dapps? Yeah - but normies won't go out their way to use them, it'll simply be a better & more secure deployment technology for developers that don't want to worry if Azure decides their a Nazi next month because of something randomly posted by a customer. So crypto & decentralised tech has a future, but as a part of the Internet stack - normies will use it every day without noticing it.

Crypto used as an every day currency for buying your coffee etc is literally a meme. There's literally no point paying with fucking crypto instead of a fiat credit card. There might still be hope for dApps/smart contracts/store of value memes though.