Is silver a good investment?

Is silver a good investment?

Attached: 27086_Slab.jpg (900x900, 130K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FeNYjYA2lVg
youtube.com/watch?v=u9mLLdIohr8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no
Look at this shit

Attached: silverlol.png (856x572, 70K)

All precious metals are a scam. Worldwide, precious metal extraction rate is suppressed by governments to avoid inflation of their reserves.

Lmao, that's what yoh assholes have been stacking?
10 dollars ahoy

Do you value it?

The market is cornered. The price controlled by derivatives. It's the house's domain, more than crypto by far.

youtu.be/FeNYjYA2lVg

Attached: 1aa.webm (1280x720, 1.29M)

Bullish. Always do the opposite of this shit board

looks like sub $10 incoming

Silver is the next JNT

I don't know what that means

it's a scam because to get physical metals you have to pay a markup from the dealer and a sales tax for buying and selling.

so you're already like 20% to 30% in the hole from day 1 on an asset that just grows with inflation, sans the volatility.

also if things go to shit we have crypto. there's no reason for gold or silver anymore.

but if you must buy a metal, at last make it gold and not silver. normies can't even tell silver from steel... so good luck using it when things go to shit. at least we all know what gold looks like

Attached: 1544479227168.jpg (610x440, 215K)

Checked and based

Most undervalued asset on the planet.
But it's price is suppressed by the jewish banking cartel. As long as they will control the globex market, the price wont move.
Historically gold : silver value ratio was 1:12, it's 1:85 today.
In the earth crust the ratio is 1:9 (1gr in each 12 tons).
On the surface, there are 6 oz of gold existing for only one of silver (because of its massive industrial use and the fact mining silver isn't worth it at the actual price).
There are 180 ounces of paper silver for each physical ounce on the exchange market.
Price of silver was the same in $ in 1918 than in 2018. Dollar meanwhile lost 98% of it's value.

It's the most shorted metal on the futures since 30 years.
An ounce of silver normal price should be 800$. But it wont happen as long as the market get rigged by the kikes. Betting on silver is betting on kike incoming shoah.

Attached: 1545713756753.jpg (720x579, 81K)

Do what you want to, skate & destroy

>you have to pay a markup from the dealer and a sales tax for buying and selling

Same goes for crypto dumb ass.
Good luck using your crypto in a tight spot when it crashes 95 percent of its value in a week and over half of people have no idea how to use it lol. Good luck using it when you have no internet connection. This is even more delusional than precious metals maximalism

The average IQ of boomer tier Jow Forums meme posters on display right here

Probably, I stack metal for a currency crises and as a savings account. I don't expect it to do anything exciting until the crises happens.

No other currency or investment has ever suffered a 51% attack.
Crypto is cute, but lay off the drugs kid.

Attached: 1545769920650.jpg (500x332, 29K)

>BTC has been 51% attacked
The average boomer 105er here

Did you even read the post or did you mean to reply to someone else? You are low IQ lay off the fluoride

If you don't have money yet for gold, it's long term investment and a means of storing wealth. Don't buy if you want to be some hot shot trader trying to make a quick buck

Why don't you take another look at this chart and get back to me in 2 years. ATH incoming.

This chart is a more sensible way to look at it

Attached: uploads_1536602670694-goldinf.png (737x396, 53K)

that one was for gold, silver is even more tasty

Attached: clark071017-1.png (899x488, 124K)

based and silverpilled

goldbugs and silverbugs are some of the dumbest people in the investment world. 90% of them are nutcase old men who believe in conspiracy theories. Dont get pulled into this horseshit when there are a million better ways to make money

Do you mean conspiracies don't exist?
The absolute state of NPC zoomers my God....

Attached: 1492830161746.png (600x497, 8K)

>Doesn't believe in conspiracy theories

Wew lad, you must be one dumb fuck.

>doesn't believe in conspiracies

Attached: 1544673730078.jpg (257x196, 8K)

Precious metals is boomer-tier shit. Literal 70 year old poor idiots buy it. It just sits there and does nothing. The gold merchants try to convince you the world is going to end in 5 years and your gold will be worth a fortune. In reality the market just returns after a recession and all is well. Buy something that's actually worth a shit.

It's a terrible investment, but I bought 1oz for myself and 1oz for a friend recently. It just arrived in the mail today, and I can definitely see how people get into collecting this stuff. It really feels special, like you're finally holding real money for the first time.

Typical shitcoin charts, enjoy hodling to zero lmao

Yep this about sums up Jow Forumslets. "It's at the bottom so don't buy it"

Buy more Bitcoin at 20K. And when silver hits 50 dollars again be sure to FOMO in then too moron. Not buying a commodity because it's at a multi decade low is classic dumb money strat

It can't go to zero you dumdum, we alrdy are at the bottom, mining an ounce of silver is at the price spot. Most of the silver mined now is a byproduct of copper and gold mining. Read

Why do you think it feels this way user?

Attached: 1544367752179.jpg (201x251, 7K)

This, Jow Forumslets are sheeples for the most, that's why they fall for every P&D and bart moves. No long sighted vision.

Yet
Misreply, sorry. Shoulda been

I'm not denying that a gold standard would be a better (but not perfect) system than what we have now.

But that doesn't make it a good investment.

1500 ouncer here:

No, Silver is a terrible investment.
It's a savings vehicle to place some of your wealth outside of garbage fiat currencies, nothing less nothing more.

>t.based

>It's a savings vehicle to place some of your wealth outside of garbage fiat currencies
exactly this is what we are saying in nearly every PM thread

You buy PMs to store, save and keep your wealth, no matter what fiat shit is doing.

All asset classess are going through undervalued/overvalued cycles thus depending on the scale of the cycle you can easily make a lot of money even if you "invested in PM".

With gold you can take the period between 2000 -> 2013 when gold did a magnificent bullrun.

Yep. It depends on where the banks are parking their money.

5 silver quarters are worth 14.10 in todays market.

Attached: 1546651780790.jpg (622x621, 70K)

>Buy

Sitting on over 250 oz here.

I stack old silver coins that I pick up on thrift stores etc. Last week I found two ads for silver coins worth about 1k in silver, and payed only about 300 for it. People don't know the value of their old silver coins, so it's easy to stack it below spot value.

If we see a total collapse of the system, then yes. People have gotten a decent amount of silver before the bullrun that went up to 50 dollars and were able to put a down payment on a place for cheap.

Sitting on 200oz over here. Also own cryptocurrencies. Do you people not see that bitcoin is based on gold and silver? China and russia has multiplied their gold reserves by 4 in the last 10 years. now tell me why its worthless? The only thing that is coming to an end in this world is american domination. We all know it. Russians and chinks will rule the world.

The precious metals traded on the market are mostly imaginary , 80% of whats traded has no backing. The scam is real but whenever it falls appart anyone holding phlysical will make it.

based

Those are my kind of odds.

Basically this. Unless you are gonna try and corner the market, any metals should be a pretty small percentage of your portfolio.

Okay I admit I was just shitposting there but why can't the price of silver go below the mining cost? That's the same circlejerk argument we had for bitcoin but miners are just dumping, they apply no buying pressure. If demand simply falls below a certain level the price will fall below the mining cost, all that means is that miners or mining companies will be pushed out of the market and have to stop or run with losses.

what the fuck?

It so cheap. I boght now

>normie
RRRRRREEEEEEEEEEE

>also if things go to shit we have crypto
I don't want your shitcoins

>Betting on silver is betting on kike incoming shoah.

I'll take that bet. Silver going to the moon folks.

Attached: 1545945264516.png (1228x692, 174K)

Excellently put. All true and succinct. Please everyone cap this for future reference.

why did it crash 2008?

for any uk poorfags that want to buy silver no tax.
youtube.com/watch?v=u9mLLdIohr8

Silver is an safety, not an investment. Over decades inflation, decrease of silver and industry use may have effects on it's value but midterm gains are just speculation or the effect of precious metal volatility. If you want to invest in that branch you could invest in a stable mining company so you profit of growth and dividends. Beware penny scam stocks though.

tfw born in 1980 and missed the bullrun

based

are you fucking retarded? Silver will yield sweet fuck all and you will be liable to pay insurance and storage costs. Unless you decide to keep it under your mattress like a crazy person.

Don't speculate on metals.
Buy shares in god tier companies like Nintendo or Disney that will yield dividends.
Fucking noob

Yes. You aren't going to go wrong stacking silver.
That being said, you need to think of it more as a challenge of where your money is best spent.
First, pay off consumer debt before you invest in anything, really.
Second, put some money into ETF's. Aggressive growth index funds would be my choice.
Third, buy silver. Constitutional/junk silver, American Silver Eagles or Canadian Silver Maples, or recognizable bars. It'll grow, just don't expect it to go through the roof.
When you have a shit ton of money and want to pull it out of the market and put it in stasis with very little chance of losing it even if the economy goes to shit, buy gold. Don't buy gold as an "investment" for growth.

Zero chance of that. Strong doubts we'll ever even see 14 again in the next decade. 20+ by EOY, maybe slow growth beyond that with a couple of possible brief spikes when people do stupid shit in the rest of the market.

Nah. Invest in stocks or a hedgefond.

Bullshit. You don't pay a dime in tax buying or selling in the US as long as it's US coins or bullion (Canadian Maples, other foreign coins you have to pay tax).
For American Silver Eagles and Constitutional/junk silver, markup is very low. You buy at slightly over spot and sell at slightly under, that's where the middle man makes his money, and if his margins are too fat then screw him and don't do business there.
The only aggravation is with bullion that carries a premium, like American Silver Eagles or Canadian Maples, but that's basically the cost of someone taking raw silver and refining it and putting it into a nice identifiable and marketable coin. Yeah, you pay maybe $2 more, and you'll be able to sell at some small premium also. If you don't like it, stick to Constitutional/junk silver which you can usually get just slightly over spot price. If you're paying more than that, screw you, you're part of the problem, don't feed the fat margin middlemen and they'll keep their prices more reasonable through volume sales.

I only have 7 ounces stacked but here's my opinion:

>reading Jow Forums list on finance explains that you can keep up to 10% and prob more like 2-5% of your net worth in pm
>im poorfag but for a while i chose to quit drugs and spend money on silver instead

Its the kind of thing that pump n dumps once or twice in a lifetime. It won't lose you money but it's not a get rich quick scheme.

Right now it's at $14-$22 whatever. Well, it is becoming scarce and it is useful in electronics industry. You might not get to dump your silver for 40 years but if you have the patience you can maybe 5x your stack ONCE.

Idk I like playing it, it' satisfyingly heavy and fucking shiny. I get it out and rub it and rub my balls and get hyped up about money and building wealth n shit.

>silver is no diff than crypto if fags have it they shill it so you buy it, it gets more scarce and the price can raise.

Is this no tax on silver eagles a state by state thing? I don't see Maryland not charging a state sales tax. In fact I'm pretty sure I have paid sales tax when I bought ealges.

Yeah it's state by state

You guys do know Silver and Gold prices are manipulated by the Federal Reserve right?

Maybe I'll have to take a drive to Deleware some time soon.

It should be worth $600 USD per ounce right now

especially considering the mexican and peruvian mines that have been supplying the planet for centuries are finally drying up and should be completely exploited by 2025

Bear Stearn was the biggest shorter of silver on the globex back then. When the subprime crisis kicked in, BStearn was the first to fall. JPMorganchase bought it for cheap (2 billions$ if i remember) and when they saw the market position of BStearn they decided to go even more all in on the short and flooded the market with paper silver. Meanwhile they started to accumulate the biggest stock of physical silver ever in the history of mankind and on the cheap thanks to their own price suppression. Totally illegal ? obviously yes, yet the CFTC let JPMC doing it, covered their back and even cancelled few class action lawsuits. That's how much rigged is the silver gamu.

Attached: uploads%2F1527879676048-jpmsilver.jpg (760x575, 118K)

Well, if it's good enough for JPM....

What exactly are they doing with all that silver? Resell once everything goes to shit and silver skyrockets so they become even more rich?

>silver
>investment

its a way to preserve your wealth not make money on it.

If you believe we're headed for another recession buy some gold and silver and sit on it. then sell and go balls deep on stocks

Going balls deep into stocks right now is like going balls deep into a chick with syphilis from all the pajeets pumping it up

yes