/smg/ - Stonk Market General

sector rotation edition (also bears on suicide watch yet again)

>I'm new to the stock market, what stocks should I buy?
Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
pastebin.com/y9PRQLR3

Earnings Report Calendars:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Basic rundown on lean hogs:
theoptionsguide.com/lean-hogs-futures-buying.aspx

Biotech Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/calendars/fda-calendar

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

Previously on Stonks Makets Ganral:

Attached: Sector-Rotation-Economy-Model-090516.png (776x526, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hQo1HIcSVtg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Angry white male

fuck pendulum

THREADLY REMINDER THAT DIVIDENDS ARE YOUR FREN

ITW divvy coming up on the 10th

Attached: dividends-monopoly-man.jpg (423x245, 21K)

Attached: 1546819920552.png (892x535, 143K)

Where does gold fit into the market cycles?

Attached: retarded.gif (218x228, 1024K)

Gold is for boomers, doomers and retards

official thread theme

youtube.com/watch?v=hQo1HIcSVtg

stock/gold ratio favors stocks for majority of the time. it just happens that metals are extremely undervalued for some reason now.

After careful deliberation and intense shilling, I'm convinced this is the golden egg that will save me from debt stricken poverty. Thanks magnebro!

Attached: fuck it.png (386x687, 60K)

SESN
SN
VUZI

But wait my entire memefolio is 100% in GDX derivatives. Are you saying that I fucked up?

quit using fucking trips every goddamn thread jesus christ

BUY SESN
BUY X CALLS

You should put on a trip. It gives the general a sense of community and and stuff.

lmaoing @ bears

mistakes were made, buy some scam chinese stocks instead

Why didn't I buy the dip? fuck this gay earth

Attached: thewormturned.jpg (820x461, 106K)

yes and no. you'll make some gains, but you probably can make more from buying calls on qqq.

This, he's easily the worst trip.
>Uses tripcode in the OP just to be an extra cock sucker.

but according to my meme-anal-sissys GDX is going to moon tonight.

get

If you filter two tripcodes you basically nuke every SMG thread it's annoying why can't they just find a discord server to fuck off to or something

Swing and a miss friendo. Check ‘Em.

Thanks Boeing.

Who /boughtthedip/ here, lads? One question though: What color Range Rover should I get?

no, gommie is the worst trip by a country mile

Where did the tripcode touch you? Oh I get it, you guys filter tripfags and get pissed off when you've filtered the OP. Hahaha tripcode haters btfo.

that pendulum dude is pretty weird as well

this

Attached: 1543724427922.jpg (1440x1416, 66K)

just get two my man, dipbuyingchads deserve it

My Portfolio has no pathetic stocks Kaiba!

Attached: YUGIOH.png (475x326, 121K)

I hope you pieces of Shit are buying up these cheap JACK shares

Attached: jack-in-the-box-fries.png (205x300, 81K)

You're fine baggy, you post on topic (for the most part), actually back up you posts with proof of position, and you bring a much needed sense of humor to this general. Still a fag for using a trip though.

That's like one of the nicest things anybody's ever said to me here. Next time I make an OP I'll try to remember to drop the code.

Pendulum sucks lmao. He is about to get rekt

Go out today and try the dollar menu Tacos

Attached: Jack-in-the-Box-French-Fries.png (664x458, 251K)

dump it

Attached: 1545090370480.jpg (1841x1862, 469K)

United we stand. We are in this together now brother!

Attached: zawa.png (710x651, 35K)

based gwim

Financial sector suffering today, poor JPM-chan, she's trying the best she can
PCG plunging to the center of the Earth again, but I still wouldn't buy it
LCI stalled today, but shorting it would be stupid since the squeeze has been activated
DB boucing, SHORT IT
Also making a thread with a trip is very offensive, I've only recently realized this and apologize for my past mistakes

Attached: 1546712090363.jpg (540x542, 88K)

>it’s the quarterly tripfag hate threads
Time flys

Attached: 6627F6A0-0AA7-4EDB-B651-2AB890FED749.png (638x450, 60K)

That is a lot of red

guys this next wave on VIX is going to be harder and stronger than what we experienced this morning. We're going down, there's nothing we can do to stop it.... This is completely normal due to that natural and organic growth we experienced, just wait for an entry tomorrow.

I'll probably FOMO into NOK on my next deposit, wish me luck
I heard gold started paying a dividend
Stop using baby talk, you sound like a faggot

Attached: 1546715905528.png (150x140, 29K)

You're thinking of GLDI. Comfy as fuck, and it pays monthly.

Power Hour is gonna be a banger

sell programs starting up soon in a big way

Do not underestimate todays Power hour

Attached: sdut-jack-in-the-box-tries-bbq-but-not-in-san-diego-2011oct04.jpg (1000x708, 177K)

Just to rustle the haters. CGA

Orange man bad

Anybody wanna gamble? SN is binding waiting for a move

thoughts on QYLD? this fund looks comfy if you can get in during a vix spike.

Can you post your LCI holdings?

Why? I literally posted it not long ago.. like no more than a month ago?? Maybe your butt buddy comfy can tell you...

post it again please, nobody is going to dig through archives

Because I'd like to look at it, I'm studying LCI and I've been listening to everything you said. No need to get defensive, but if I could see your current holdings on it, they would definitely provide a lot of credibility.

Attached: 1540262880661.png (370x242, 61K)

How do I determine what is the best financial decision for me, if I can currently save about $1500 a month, is it worth saving up to around $20k for a house downpayment/closing costs, or putting that money into the markets every month instead?

I have to 'season' my down payment by having it in cash for a while right? So I need to hold pure cash for a good long while before a bank will accept it?

im 25 years old and have $10k in the markets and $3k in cash

bro, your post reeks of FOMO. Watch your self...

I'm not interested in buying at all. This is my first time witnessing a possible short squeeze. I'm just looking to understand it.

Just know I'm in the green.. maybe if all of you weren't complete faggots I would but seeing that for months all anybody ever did in here was complain I don't feel like I have show anyone here shit especially someone like grim that never ever post a stock pick and just spends all day sucking comfys dick..

Fugg this is a good find, might add it to my BST section

change your tampon already

Already there brother

Attached: 4BAEEDB0-A8F2-41A3-B55B-A72258313AE1.gif (499x330, 429K)

All you need to know is that I have 3700 shares around 6.90.. I really don't give a shit if you believe me or not.. I don't need credibility... especially not from comfys butt buddy. Ill make money either way.

short squeeze is when the shorts are margin called and force to cover, but nobody is selling shares so they're forced to cover higher causing more margin calls, and more covering. Then the stocks up like 20% and you guessed it, people get greedy and try to short sell it, but more people start buying and nobody is really selling the float, so they get forced to cover and the stocks up 50%. Which in turn attracts more short sellers, until people who are actually holding decide they want to sell and finally the bubble pops and finds a happy level to set a new support and trend from.

I am so suprised by that reply.....

7.17-6.90*3700 ~ $1k

roughly the same as fagdulums entire portfolio, I wasn't lying

I've posted my portfolio numerous times and talked about my picks. Not sure why you're so upset with a simple question, especially considering you've spent hours upon hours shilling the stock, posting a screen cap of your holdings shouldn't kill you.

Attached: 1541127478427.jpg (476x474, 27K)

After all this time of being a faggot and taking your butt buddies side(who doesn't know shit about stocks) now you want to find out what it is?? After ive been telling this thread for months what it is??? Please tell me you arent this retarded... wow.. just... wow

Filtered

Jesus christ buddy, take a breath. You clearly can't tell the difference between shitposting and genuine posting. Taking sides? Is /smg/ some kind of High School to you?

Attached: 1543957600761.png (620x640, 260K)

Why so defensive all the time? You're in the green but so salty.

Attached: 1546379941032.jpg (1000x1000, 177K)

we all know youre at a net loss considering how hard you shilled it at $12
Youre just an angry faggot

Here's one account.. I'm out and about and don't feel like doing all that shit.. this was taken yesterday from an account that has 2800 shares....

I have another 900 in rh... if you really really must see... just go ahead and fuck yourself grim

Attached: Screenshot_20190107-123349.png (720x1280, 150K)

is this Feb/Mar low price level going to just serve as resistance for SPY? I mean if we can't break this point we're in serious trouble.

I'm in the green and you're missing out on the easiest trade of 2019... cool bro... hope you do well in life.

>tripfags

Attached: 134855463257.jpg (225x224, 13K)

Thanks, literally all I wanted to see.

Attached: 8k9ymyg943w01.gif (376x354, 1022K)

I don't get why you care so much about this stock. Every day you berate people for not buying it and when someone shows an interest you get even more furious that they dare question you're word.

man I have no idea if that is true or not

in general, the advice is the younger you are, the more equities and less cash you should hold.
right now though, we could be looking at buying opportunities approaching, in real estate and equities. that makes it a pretty OK time to hold cash; however, you never know how long it might be until the proper time comes.

I would suggest going to your bank, and talking to a mortgage loan officer about your best options moving forward towards pre-approval, even if your goal to buy a house is 2-3 years out. You don't have to start the pre-approval process, just get an idea from them about how much cash you will want to be holding around moving forward, what sorts of interest rates to expect, etc.
It's nice to be pre-approved and ready to move in if you see a good deal, even in slow markets there can be good deals on houses that get snapped up quick, you want to be ready to move.

for investing, you can always slowly add money to a robinhood account form your bank. $10-$100 a week, invest it safely and slowly. get a feel for it

Thanks baggie! I've never seen it happen in real time. I don't really learn so well from reading about things, I enjoy witnessing or doing them.
Sorry, I just had a question. I didn't mean to make bigfivegay have a breakdown again.

Attached: image-1-1.gif (321x241, 13K)

I kinda want to eat a day trade and go long on some VXX...

Now go Kys faggot. Take comfy with you.. you two are seriously the biggest fucking retards and some how rub each others dicks constantly even though neither one of you have ever made an actual winning or trade let alone post one...

But this isn't shiny at all.

I can tell you can see what's going on... lol

Its honestly mainly just you.. comfy.. and rkg that piss me off to no end

>bullying grim
don't be the aids-filled trap-loving faggot we all know you are

GuyGentile has an LCI thesis video on YouTube if you have time to watch. It's a decent overlay on what could potentially happen.

Attached: 1546566337020.gif (193x217, 42K)

>longing vix when fed is lowering vix
um no, don't fight the trend.

Yeah I took a look at that, very interesting stuff!

You sure you aren't mistaking him with gommie?

At one time or another you've old man yelled at everyone here.

>bears getting uppity

Attached: 1531789834063.jpg (500x662, 55K)

>I'm special

all of you faggots should just fuck off

Awww

It's not your fault for the sperg out, some people are just naturally unhappy and project this negativity online

youre way worse.
Id rather see shitposting than some Angry fag having a midlife crisis everyday

are we all just putting our trips on now?

Im maxing my ROTH IRA for 2019 soon and beyond that I am indeed holding cash for not really sure what reason though honestly....I dont watn to invest if i want to have the cash within the next 12-18 months to buy a house, but also just letting cash sit tehre and lose 2% inflation a year blows some big dick bro

I want to get a house and live in my own building and start accruing home equity as soon as I can, but during this current bear market everything is so cheap I want to buy up as much equities as I can....its a hard decision what to do long term I wish I had more cash on hand to do it all but I don't make enough to make that possible.

Grim is actually really nice and rarely shitposts. I think you may be mistaking him for another.
Either way you shouldn’t let them get to you like that. You better than that.

Attached: DEF620B0-5D51-4742-8982-D3EDE83A1EB2.jpg (440x367, 36K)