What was this board like when btc rapidly rose to 19k?

Attached: Capture.png (801x386, 154K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/y1DSVIVsNIY
youtu.be/KTf5j9LDObk
youtu.be/XbZ8zDpX2Mg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

learn 2 warosu newfag

Euphoric.

Seeing portfolios jump by 2k monies a day from mere hundreds invested was intoxicating. Everybody was completely delusional. Bobo did not exist yet. The concept of shorting BTC was not popular.

The amount of shilling and discord begging and scamming was off the chart. Every fucking retarded teenager who went 300x on his lunch money stack of shitcoins thought that he was an expert trader with infallible instincts and skill.

It was a lot of fun.

About the same but a lot more BNTY threads.

Full of smug BTC maximalists showing their 100% BTC folios and shit talking alts.
Also full of absolute newfags asking the same "How/where/what do I buy" questions over and over again.
Also tons of post volume.

tfw I bought in when it was like 16k, tfw never have known what it felt like in a bull market, only ever experienced long slow bleed out over a year.

Attached: 48909543_218222172428732_2818907866679738368_n.jpg (720x960, 135K)

this. but there were also some cuckfolios jumping 200k a day

Jow Forumsbuttcoin has always been smarter & knows what's going on. Not to mention the constant bans & censorship

LIBERTY, FREEDOM

youtu.be/y1DSVIVsNIY

Attached: 3aa.webm (1280x720, 1.28M)

BIZ WAS CREATED TO TEMOVE CRYPTO FROM G

>Full of smug BTC maximalists showing their 100% BTC folios and shit talking alts.
false, being a BTC maximalist was not popular at all, everyone was in alts. Everything else you said is accurate though.

the board was a better place, tons of volume, everyone was friends and super nice to each other generally. tons of portfolio threads lol. tons of price discussion, almost everyone thought we were gonna keep going up

Nah. I wish I'd bookmarked some stuff. There were a few guys that sold everything when BTC dropped from $2,900 to $1,900 (ETH from $390 to $120). Also, a lot of people sold when the China ban occurred and BTC dropped from $5,600 to $3,100. Charlie Lee tweeted with a tip off from his brother.

People who were in earlier than 2016 were always nervous of where the top was. $2,900 chart looked like a straight climb to a cliff. Then China ban as for sure going to pop the bubble. Then segwit2X worries came. I didn't believe we'd hit $10,000 ...that seemed absurd.

Only in retrospect can you say you sold too early $2,900 couldn't have been the top or $20,000 you know you can't go any higher.

Attached: fomo3.gif (400x246, 1.95M)

shill threads everywhere. you know those pajeet scam coins that sometimes get shilled? it was the same but 10 times more and everyone was actually buying, because even absolute scam coins would give you at the very least a 2x

thats why i keep saying that 4k bitcoin is not low. i dont think some people realise how fast we went up. full blown euphoria happened at 10k and after that the market went full blown retard.
i still sometimes go back to watch this video.
youtu.be/KTf5j9LDObk
good memories...

Retarded to an exponential level... and you thought Chain Link retards were bad....

It was all smug green wojaks, lambo, and we're gunna make it threads

also a bunch of newbie fomos from other boards "pls guis PLS just tell me the easiest way to buy Bitcoin"

Attached: 1069341c.jpg (169x169, 23K)

I got super lucky during the crypto boom. I started with like 500 bucks and peaked at over 100k in Jan. I went all in on stellar before it's huge pump. I remember waking up one morning,checking blockfolio and my portfolio had gone up like 40k overnight or something. I was freaking out, went to have a shower and when I came back I was up another 10k or so. It was a crazy fucking high and it throws all your logic out of the window. If I cashed out that money would have changed my life

Pajeet shill central.

why the fuck didnt you cash out

Same but with BNB and NEO and all its shit. Invested 1500 of my own money, turned it into 35k. Now worth 2600. Lessons were learned

We talked a lot about what colour lambos we were getting

I also hit 100k from an initial ~4k investment, everything was happening so fast, bitcoin might as well have been on it's way to 25k or 30k+, nobody wants to sell something where the value is literally going vertical week to week, and if it went down, most weren't expecting 75% crashes because it was so prevalent in the news/everyone knowing about it, seemed like it was gunna stick.

seems like we need to wait till everyone thinks it's dead/the fad is over like the $1200 crash to $220 which lasted 2 years, we easily could have a 1 or 2 year wait for new highs.

Attached: bbx.jpg (531x719, 48K)

>r buttcoin

Wasn't that sub made when bitcorn was like $3

i hit 700k at ath, sold enough to cover 30k in taxes from flipping and trading ico coins. i have 29k now. initial was 4k
didn't cash out because my goal is retirement and I need 1.5m to retire. i had no idea 700k would be the top, it could have just as easily been 100k.
if i magically did sell the top at 700k, i'd still have ~8 more years of wagecucking to retire.
i'll keep holding for 8 years thought and i'll only really kick myself if i'm not retired by then.

think it was supposed to be a parody sub but then normies flocked to once when they got scammed
might still be parody, i can't tell if they're retarded or just pretendin
i guess none of them have watched this youtu.be/XbZ8zDpX2Mg

It's pretty hilarious that it's so fucking hard to sell near the top. That's why holding is so retarded.

wait, you paided taxes on the value of coins you never cashed out???

It's better now imho. The board moved too fast back then.

Attached: 1546823729472.png (783x711, 128K)

there was actually a lot of despair because everyone heavily in alts got ass blasted until bitcoin topped out

lambos on the moon

Attached: mfw stock image.jpg (720x720, 205K)

imagine a board with 100 times more activity and constant shilling 24/7. every single shitcoin you can imagine being shilled constantly.

BNB is a long term investment, when I got in I assumed long term meant you just buy buy buy hold hold hold and sit on it for 5 years. Really, you should account for the entire rise and fall cycles and sell around the top, wait for it to crash down and buy back in 10x lower. Thats a real long term investment strategy. BNB is something thats going to be good in several years, with how they burn it etc

it's the same as now just in reverse, everyone was saying it will go to 50k, it's the new global currency

like now everyone is saying it will go to 2k, it's shit and so on

kys my dude

too fast
It's better now.

He traded. Every trade gets taxed 40%. Every single trade. Most traders didn't account for this and are fucked.

Any time you trade, you have to make at least 50 to 60% profit because of fees and taxes that will be taken. 48% goes to taxes (short term PLUS sales, you have to pay and account for both) and the rest, 2 to 12% in exchange trading and withdrawal fees.

The shills were much higher quality, even the pajeet OPs would give quick rundowns and further resources for the scamcoin. Literal pajeets put in more effort than late adopting zoomers.

people were taking loans to buy more and quitting their jobs. it was mad

the same as it is now

wtf are you talking about, you get taxed for what you profit from the trade, you dont need to get 50-60% profits, you can make 1% and you will pay 0.4% to the govt

besides, just trade anonymously lol, its ez

filled with pajeet ico scams

Attached: expectations.png (975x1017, 1.1M)

>$2k a day
lmao. i remember one day i unironically made $120k

Aye, making an entire months wages over the course of one lunch break at work was crazy.

I bought BTC and LTC in 2013 and sat on them without checking prices for four years. Then I saw BTC on the news and shit went insane. I got burned by alts in 13/14 so was scared to go into any at first, finally joining the party in late December/Early January. There were a few weeks where I was "making" tens of thousands every day. Could absolutely have retired at the top, but rode shit all the way back down.

Yea, I remember day after day pumping more than my entire annual salary. It's one hell of a fucking drug, nothing quite like it. Probably the most compelling feeling available to us.

Yep, at the time the top could really have been anywhere. As it happened, I did correctly call the top WRT futures, that was the final cuckening. But I still didn't sell, lol.

Attached: patel.jpg (413x531, 85K)

Did you miss 2018 when Bitcoin went down 5x during the bear markret while most alts tanked 20-100x, I WISH I held less alts.

>He traded. Every trade gets taxed 40%. Every single trade. Most traders didn't account for this and are fucked.

Idiot. You pay taxes for the profit of each trade and subtract the losses for each trade. It's a perfectly fine system. Just use one of those websites for calculating the total loss/gain.

Are you me

>It's one hell of a fucking drug
I agree the feeling of absolute financial freedom lifted such a weight off my shoulders at the time

only hard thing about selling near top was sending so much money to exchange and hold it here

say what you say but if you are comfy holding life changing money on exchange that has zero legal obligation to you you are simply not very clever

Awful, literally unbearable. Thank god many normies have left/killed themselves since then. You can chart Jow Forums average IQ from 2015 as an inverse graph of btc price.

>throw money at random shitcoin and triple it in a day
>portfolio shooting up tens of thousands every day
>people quitting their jobs to become "crypto traders" (lmao)
>faggots like pic related thinking they were geniuses and giving out harebrained investment advice

Attached: How_to_make_it_Q1_2018.png (731x310, 57K)

absolutely infested with absurd euphoria, pajeets shilling scams and idiots.
There were folio threads all day with people showing their paper wealth.

It's going to return eventually, not identical, but similar. I now know how peak of the bubble feels like and will sell in time.

The stupidity was contagious. I remember buying shitcoins in cryptopia like there was no tomorrow, "reading" 50 whitepapers per day and throwing money like within a videogame with cheats on.

Hahaha hahaha that guy is now dead

Biggest marker will be multiple boomers talking about how they can buy bitcoin and the markets going green for days on end.

it was the same but with more shitposting and faster

>That feel when xrb went from 4 to 18 in the same day.
Not happening again, fuck this life

Before 19k was like how the Democrats felt leading up to the election.
2018 Jow Forums meltdown was like the libtards after the election.
I think the extreme euphoria then massive crash was good for us in a way. Between now and the next run we'll accumulate plenty of new fags but we'll be the old heads with the accumulated wisdom of boom and bust. Our counsel will be summarily ignored but maybe we'll all make it next time around.

If I had gone anywhere near r/buttcoin between it's incipience and 2017 and actually bought their bullshit and not gone in on crypto I would unironically absolutely positively kill myself. To think those jerkoffs "got it right" when they could all be multi-millionaires right now had they did the opposite of what they preached is massive ignorance. Hell, if they had bought $1000 worth of BTC when that board started and held it all through the boom and bust and sold it today they'd be millionaires.
>pic very much related

Attached: 1517287603212.png (401x116, 12K)

This, exactly! Every call made 20-150% gains, you had legends like FistNigger calling you a retard and shilling DBC... and then it would 5x. Coins like DragonChain, UUU, Banyon, LINDA, were all unheard of and you could buy them for 1 or 2 sats, maybe not DC, but the rest, yes. Now it's just frog memes, wojacks, pajeet name calling, Link shills and "rate my portfolio" / "will I make it" threads.

I thought I was gonna be a millionaire

Saw a shitcoin on cryptopia that went from 1 sat to 700 in a month

Fk i am glad i was part of history

man that blonde cunt has a pretty face, wish I could spit in her asshole

I bought during the 2013 craze. It took me until the beginning of 2017 just to break even. But I'm a glad I did it and I'm a lot better off financially.

I vividly remember reading a post on here as we approached the absolute tip top of the market. I wish I capped it.

Essentially the poster (clearly a completely green investor that got in around November 17) was asking, almost rhetorically, about why people found investing so hard and that it was so easy to make money, everything he touched turned to gold etc.

I commented to him something along the lines of it being a completely bananas bull market, almost in an unprecedented way and an obvious bubble that clearly couldn't keep going (at this point the mcap of even #100 on CMC was >$300m).

Wonder what happened to the guy. I suspect he got turbo justed but the delusion and lack of awareness of that one poster was really intriguing to me.

Found something similar to what I was explaining. Ignorance is bliss.

Attached: ig.png (700x652, 157K)

There were some real quality shills back in December, I remember falling for Opus and Elix based on the quality and professionality of their shillposts here. Nothing like the verbally abusive NKN and FLO shills we have around here nowadays.

yeah this is all I remember too. this board was absolutely flooded with the most annoying shit coin shillers.

Problem is everyone knows what bubble euphoria feels like now and they'll all be rushing to sell as soon as the vibe starts to hit them again. That won't do, we need totally credulous HODLgang retail retards en masse to reach another euphoria phase. We probably unironically need to wait another decade+ for it, because we need another generation to mature into young adults who don't know what bubbles feel like yet. Be nice to 10-year-olds, they're going to be buying your bags at the top in 2030.

>i guess none of them have watched this youtu.be/XbZ8zDpX2Mg

that's great. A guy can dream, right?

>>i guess none of them have watched this youtu.be/XbZ8zDpX2Mg
>that's great. A guy can dream, right?
Just know when to sell bitcoin. Somewhere between 10x and 20x

I used to be in a Telegram group which bought xrb at 2 cents

>There were some real quality shills back in December, I remember falling for Opus and Elix
It was Signatum for me. Dear God that was a learning experience. 2017 was trial by fire and I am 100 times the trader today vs. then because of it.
I predict there will be plenty of new frens to dump on when the next run starts around 2022 or 2023. Human nature never changes.

Attached: Selection_004.jpg (1571x990, 37K)

>people quitting their jobs to become "crypto traders" (lmao)

Attached: 1546519791772.jpg (332x1024, 22K)

I miss the pajeets :(

Attached: pajeet1.jpg (1218x680, 392K)

>It was Signatum for me.
Same. I was lucky to scrape through that ordeal (somehow) without losing any bitcoin. What a complete shitcoin scam.

Threads like this fascinate the hell out of me because I caught the tail end of the euphoria in November 2017. I'm a genuine newfaggot but didn't lose anything because I barely had any money to put into crypto back then.

I remember hearing about it all over the news, etc. and I kept refusing to look into it. I had a vague idea of what crypto was and didn't want any part of it, because the feeling is ALWAYS "It's too late." I'm a skeptic at heart. But when I started really browsing Jow Forums, that excitement of the tail end of the bubble was awesome to see and feel, even if I didn't have anything to win/lose. Can't wait for the next time around, whenever that may be, now that I've got skin in the game.

Attached: 1509943499561.jpg (720x642, 44K)

it was a meme sub originally used for posting bitcoin/crypto memes. Once the bullrun hit it turned into salty psuedo-intellectual posters who believed they were truly above bitcoin investors.

It now exists as a sub to mock crypto investors as a way to feel morally superior.

I didn't realize Lambos had so many cuphoders
People have been saying it's too late since like 2012. Take it slow and steady, don't put in more than you can afford and steadily accumulate on the dips. Do research on promising projects and you'll be well positioned for the next run. It's important to keep a finger in the wind as you want to accumulate not just coins but experience in the market so you'll know what to do when it's time to get the fuck out.

Lol same. I started watching crypto in Dec 2017 and didn't make my first buy until last month.

Made $80k in 1 day, felt like I had a huge dick. Felt good.

>came to Jow Forums during the Jow Forums mania but before the mainstream mania
>got in the game 1k despite knowing absolutely fuck all about stocks or markets (still don't understand why companies have stocks and how they profit from them despite constant attempts to learn)
>left the game after tripling my money to 3k
>massive crash immediately after I cashed out and has been a bear market ever since
It was okay I guess

Attached: 1515706171168.jpg (500x253, 34K)

Me except I didn't cash out :(

The dotcom bubble ath was around 2.5 trillion in market cap. Last crypto bullrun was less than half a trillion, next one will be bigger than dotcom

bruh last bull run was like 800-900 b

>next one
bitcoin is going to be plagued by bagholders for a very very long time. who knows when that will be

Attached: bags.gif (320x392, 1.93M)

sticks and stones

If you had surface knowledge of the bitcoin protocol it would be relatively trivial to figure that out

Attached: 48328765678.png (721x953, 1.03M)

It was amazing. Coss went up 50x in a month. I bought at 6 cents, and sold at $2. Then I was upset when it went to $3 just before the epic crash started.

Everyone thought they were going to be millionaires.

Then most of us held through each dip thinking it was going to bounce back any time now. You know how that turned out.

lol, here i am being stoked because my 3k investment is now 5.8k over 7 months

I remember that exact retard thread

cringe

Yeah. I've know about BTC from '09 but there was always this nagging feeling of already being too late to invest. But when I heard from my buddy in the work place in the late Dec/2017 that he just bought BTC and thinks it will go up forever I knew it was too late.

That's a great indicator of bubble about to pop. When cabbies and other normies start talking about buying it's time to start selling.

shit like this

Attached: vendingshits.png (696x931, 868K)

I bought at 0.7 after testing it and being totally rekt by bmc instead of icoing into link.
Literally went all in after watching it took 0.1 sec to appear on my wallet.

INT on Jan 18: $.62.
INT today: $.017

Just

Also it was so fucking stupid the fact that even dust you had from months ago was like 100 dollars.
I had XBY that couldn't be sold at the moment because it was too low to even cover the fees and then boom. 80 dollarinos.

I sold a large majority of my bitcoin at 3k. There was just no way of me knowing that it was going to blow up and climb all the way to 20k. Hindsight is 20/20 I guess. But I held onto a small amount (2.6 btc) that I promised myself I was not going to sell for 10+ years.

It was working out well. Bitcoin was nearing 20k and it really felt like it was just going to go up forever. I only realized when I was playing blackjack and the person sitting next to me started to tell me about bitcoin and how hes a bitcoin and Ethereum trader. This guy looked like a typical nobody and him trying to explain it to me made me realize he had no idea what the fuck he was talking about. I came home drunk and bitcoin was around 19k and I knew right then and there that this entire charade was over and I sold my remaining bitcoin that I promised myself Id hold forever.

You can always rebuy that BTC. No harm really seeing you made a decent profit