/smg/ - Stock Market General

Body with organs all over the sidewalk edition

>I'm new to the stock market, what stocks should I buy?
Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
pastebin.com/y9PRQLR3

Earnings Report Calendars:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Basic rundown on lean hogs:
theoptionsguide.com/lean-hogs-futures-buying.aspx

Biotech Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/calendars/fda-calendar

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

Previous Thread

Attached: Body without Organs.jpg (732x580, 102K)

First for SLP

BUY SESN

ORANGE MAN OPEN THE GOVERNMENT AND CUT SPENDING BY 26%

Waiting for my Vanguard to go up

Just bought a MU OTM put at close.

Also, what is this "other liabilities" category on MNGA's financial? I'm looking through their financial reports and can't find any mention of it.

Attached: Capture.png (902x97, 6K)

Ding ding ding! How did everyone do today? I'm up .72%, hit a lil long and short on kind of a boring day. Wish I could stay home and trade every day!

Attached: smgafterhours.jpg (530x298, 29K)

The streak continues. Now we better get some bad news from China tonight so this fucker really tanks,

Attached: 12341234.jpg (792x396, 27K)

Attached: Trump Faggot.jpg (680x453, 61K)

+$1,584
feels good man

You are by far the best trader ITT desu
Except your gamble on Amazon earnings lol

god I hope SLP pulls me out of my 26% loss on SGH

Attached: 1546549777050.png (646x700, 169K)

oh i'm going to lose like 50% tomorrow if we gap up and go on good china news.

convince me not to

Attached: hmmm.png (325x576, 68K)

What's the biggest meme stock?

too much rain Q1 so far in Texas, they haven't been able to do shit. Wait till they report Q1 earnings and then btfd

>Big gains today

Attached: Screenshot_20190109-160355.png (1440x2560, 186K)

great Bloomberg headline

Attached: 18721893712983.jpg (825x76, 38K)

ballin

Good day again today. +1.5% which I consider a fantastic outcome considering I was stopped out of Constellation Brands this morning. Would have been about +2% without the goddamn Mexican beer brigade dropping the ball on earnings.

Attached: 52468494e0749f1.png (232x731, 33K)

Pretty flat at +.13%, based Disney saved me

Don't remind me, and how they crashed a week later is no consolidation.

HMNY

Attached: 1527246589063.png (645x729, 185K)

I'm not even going to bother trying to make money off of this, I'm too stupid. I'll just wait for everything to tank so I can be poor forever.

yikes

I made some weird options plays today and am not exactly sure but by a quick look it seems I closed just about flat, slightly negative from the DB move down. Worked from home today, wish I could do this every day instead of wagekeking in an office all day.

I bought 10 shares on 12/26. I'm up like 12% already

Nice.

Attached: AnimuWut.png (268x437, 73K)

>big5guy
>planes
>LciGuy
Never has someone burned through so many trips

AMRS used to be big on here. Haven't seen anyone mention it for a while now. It did pretty well after the meme days but has tanked recently.

anyone daytrading oil and natty gas?

good scalping opportunities incoming imo, prices are gonna fluctuate like crazy

Attached: pepeyum.jpg (580x563, 236K)

is the guy shilling magnegas lciguy or different guy?

we are all in lean hogs you doofus

the patricians commodity choice

I went short and got burned pretty bad today on energy. Wasn't a big position, but still stings like a bastard.

Attached: 12341234.jpg (756x694, 57K)

Up about .3%. Steady as she goes.

You should take your option money down to the roulette tables instead. Options statistically favor premium sellers; you're going to eat those 50% losses in a day if you're not spreading your risk off.

Nah roulettes not my style. Max odds don't pass bar every roll.

Betting on red/black is 49% if I recall. Buying an ATM/OTM put or a call is

I decided to go ahead and enter a long-ish swing on a Canadian oil/gas ETF just before close. Whipsaw volatility is a-okay with me on that one.

adding to my 2019 ROTH IRA soon, $6k this year boys. What should I buy? Pure index funds/couple blue chippers?

Yeah but they can pay more than 2-1. So what's your point?

It's not like the options I trade have a huge spread. It's like 3 cents with plenty of liquidity the vast majority of the time.

BST is the best way to sell covered calls if you're too lazy to do it yourself

Attached: 1546912081425.jpg (1082x695, 287K)

It's statistically a losing game; over a large number of occurrences (trades), you'll be down. For example, if you were to buy the XLE $62 put for $.49 today, there's only a 32.52% chance of XLE moving down to $61/share by expiration where you'd double your money.

anyone sell puts on triple leveraged bull ETFs? the premiums are massive compared to normal stocks

Dividend aristocrats ETF with DRIP

The way I see it, it's either going to become double or more what it's worth or it won't. That means I'm statistically going to come out ahead since it's a 50% chance and it can pay more than double.

why is this superior for the next 20 years to SPY ?

Go with BST user, it's basically the NASDAQ with a 6% dividend

You know what, I could argue with you, but think whatever you like. I'm always happy to have more people to sell options to.

So was James Cordier.

Just buy NOBL and put it on drip and walk away.

Same level of general retardation, but tough to tell

Thanks for the concern, but I don't sell uncovered. Still glad to have more people to buy what I sell. :)

I think anyone that genuinly considers buying penny stocks like magnegas or pennies in general should consider suicide.

it is actually funny when people compare warren buffet's return they most often compare berkshire stock performance vs. sp500, which is good, but dont realize berkshire's actual portfolio is taking the beating by sp500 by a landslide! so there is either buffet premium or simply people think brk stock equals their portfolio =)

In 2011, Berkshire’s portfolio return was 4%. (The S&P 500 was up 2.1%.)

In 2012, Berkshire’s portfolio return was 15.7%. (The S&P 500 was up 16%.)

In 2013, Berkshire’s portfolio was up 13.6%. (The S&P 500 was up 32.4%.)

In 2014, Berkshire’s portfolio was up 8.4%. (The S&P 500 was up 13.7%.)

Attached: 1491404222268.jpg (2048x2048, 349K)

the way I view it is put and call options are the only way to trade certain stocks on margin. especially if you want to short. statistically, you're correct. But if I want exposure to shorting on robinhood buying puts are practical.

VFIAX or VTSAX?

Takes care of itself rather quickly in my experience

I have about 29 grand in my employers 401k that's doing well and that I don't fuck with. I downloaded robinhood just to fuck around with shit. How does my paupers portfolio look?

Attached: mememyshitup.png (1032x366, 32K)

needs more MNGA

His long term returns though
Boomers rise up

Attached: Warren.jpg (1790x808, 138K)

thanks just bought 1

THREADLY REMINDER THAT DIVIDENDS ARE YOUR FREN

Attached: dividends-monopoly-man.jpg (423x245, 21K)

its really insane hes cucked the SP500 that god damn hard and he makes so few moves

how much of his profit is from things only he has access to though?

If you're talking about buying puts as a hedge or something, that's a totally different thing. But if you're shorting, I can't think of a good reason why you wouldn't spread your risk off. You could do a short call/long put vertical spread, long put ratio backspread, synthetic covered put, etc.

Up 1,9%, doing well! Finally recovering, though sadly my oil companies (my largest investment) aren't recovering that quickly.

Recently he has been cucked by the zoomer tech shit sadly, but yes his returns since 1980 is better than bitcoin
He's worth a lot, so probably a lot :^)

Attached: zoomers.jpg (1803x814, 173K)

Buffet had like annualized 20% retruns for 50 years straight or something, but nowadays, been decades, it's abysmal and their portfolio looks more like index fund, just slighty worse

i guess he rode coca cola, mcdonalds a lot, both beat indexes for 40 years

get a load of this sucker

in europe its 47.5%
in america it can be as low as 45%

I am relatively new to trading options but I am basically doing something similar to long put ratio spread without shedding any of my risk buy selling a put ITM. I am also not risking very much as I am buying the puts close to where I think the price is going and trading the expected volatility. I am not planning to hold these options to maturity.

Wtf elaborate?! How does he do it?

by the time he dies BRK will be getting 100% dividend cost on yield on his shares of KO. It'll basically be free money each and every quarter, not to mention the price accumulation

he accumulated that much in assets. lol.

Should be okay as long as you're routing it for a credit so you have no upside risk, have a decent amount of time on the options, and are doing it in a low IV environment since vega is very high on those.

Imagine if he put his assets onto DRIP. He would own the entire world in less than 10 years

BRKA and B owns 400,000,000 shares of KO and will get approximately $650M in dividends next year. fuck me running

what's a diversity visa lottery?
I'm listening to this cute spic on the t.v talk about it right now

>300% gains betting on red/black
Don't be a pussy and put it all on 27 red

thats based as fuck, how close to outright owning KO is he? how many companies does he buy into that he has to worry about owning 51% of them and then having to run the stupid thing?

TTNP got me 75% returns late last year. I only put 100 bucks in but whatever, it's more fun than index investing

There is a right and wrong way to play penny stocks. They can be traded successfully but steps need to be taken to manage the high risk exposure.

i think he has around 10% of KO

Up 5% today but still down 8% overall across my portfolio.

Was down 30% a couple weeks ago though, should scrape it all back together over the next week.

it's where they randomly give out visas to shitskins just because they're not white (seriously)

>he didn't buy ORGO

what happens if he DRIPs KO for the next decade lmao

how lovely
/sarcasm

KO is a pretty decent stock. They don't miss earnings often. I'm looking at maybe entering at around $46 if markets stay bullish, maybe $43 if the indices go back to retest lows again.

Attached: 1538878113273.jpg (720x720, 54K)

i like KO but something that worries me is how they have been having lower revenue and net income in the last couple of years.

does anyone know other forums for discussing biotech stock?

-50%on ttnp here, also gambled 100 bucks so who fucking cares .

reddit

Yes

so at 39 cents a share I could make a DECENT amount in dividends?

i own a sizable number of shares in KO and their dividend is by far my favorite day. I'm thinking next years dividend will be 41 cents per share. I don't DRIP though because I"m very overweight on KO and I use it to purchase other stocks I think are undervalued

Trading forums tend to be shitty. There are boards on plebbit et al for that sort of deal but nothing is good to provide good useful information. It's generally best to research on your own about promising biotech stocks and plow through several charts to find something worthwhile.

Eh? Depends entirely on how much you want to put in and what you're looking for in terms of dividend value vs. share price growth.

I wanna be able to sit back and pay my rent in dividends while I watch anime
I am a simple """man""" with simple needs

based