Crypto is unironically over. Pack your shit guys

Crypto is unironically over. Pack your shit guys

Attached: rip.jpg (750x1188, 174K)

Other urls found in this thread:

crn.com/news/channel-programs/ibm-selling-big-part-of-its-software-portfolio-to-india-s-hcl-in-1-8-billion-deal
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surjective_function
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You know that that thing can also crack bank accounts, credit cards and passwords right? Fiat would be fucked too

20 qubits can't crack shit

>IBM

there's not a more worthless company in the world guaranteed this is a scam

Better buy up all IOTA before it’s $100

What's the benefit over conventional computers?

Good thing we can hard fork to SHA512

it has more quantum and quantum makes it better

its qUaNTuM

QUANTUM

Regular computing started like that: IBM manufactured, room size, slow and prohibitively expensive.
See you again in 2050 I guess. Will tell my granchildren to study quantum programming when it is a thing. My two kids better study machine learning.

Quantum computation is a meme.

>muh quantum
still 3-5 years away fags

>1960
>computing is a short-lived farce

Attached: iq_2.png (662x590, 343K)

>quantum
>ibm
>ibm has a blockchain
>said blockchain will need a quant connector to be useful
BUY QNT

Oh ok cool.

These fags have resorted to dumping their shit software bags on naïve pajeets. It's pretty much guaranteed that this boomer piece of shit will be going under in the next decade.

crn.com/news/channel-programs/ibm-selling-big-part-of-its-software-portfolio-to-india-s-hcl-in-1-8-billion-deal

Try 10-20 years..

Sauce

>20 qbit
pretty sure google already has a better one publicly announced. Btw 128 is the target to destroy 99% of the encryption used today.

>he thinks his little crypto coins matter in the grand scheme of encrypted financial markets

Bullish af for xlm

>20 quibit system
>crypto is over
Moore's law doesn't apply to quantum computers. Btw IBM used to have a website where you can play with their quantum computer for free using their own graphical programming language for it

>upgrade to quantum resistant algos with a few lines of code that are xp rather than np

Literally nothing

>fire americans and hire pajeets
>pajeets create software for x amount of cost
>sell it back to pajeets at 10x amount of cost
IBM will last another hundred years, as a financial services company probably. Pure genius power play

Quantum computing is a scam. Alternate dimensions are bullshit. I can't believe companies are paying a billion dollars for these hunks of shit.

Functional quantum computer soon is the equivalent of flying cars or space travel in the 2000s.

Sounds like a meme.

just buy quantum resistant crypto

>shiny coffee maker
>Crypto is unironically over
okay

Question: Can chainlink theoretically function as a quantum computing network?
Rather than aggregation of similar answers, could nodes not be tasked to all compute different results?

Quantum is a meme and literally impossible
What it means is that a computer treats a bit in its memory as both 0 and 1 simultaneously which is why it could crack any password in the entire world instantly
I know a lot of people throw around the word "literally" in a non-literal sense, but this time when I say literally impossible, I mean it.

Not only possible, but its already here. There are elements that behave like theoretical quibits when supercooled. Now, scaling it to a practical task - thats a huge problem since you can't just layer them on like transistors.

/thread

Based retard

*schlop* *schlop*

Attached: 55262DDC-4F63-4D66-A7B0-9D5A4A027E6A.jpg (1285x1600, 166K)

based schlop poster

Banks can just upgrade their encryption in about 5 hours since it's a centralized system.

Crypto is completely fucked unless all miners/nodes install a new hard fork. That takes much longer than flipping a switch in a data center.

Bullish for POS

>difficulty increases

It's built in

there is about 20 known qunatum algorithms that have the potential to beat conventional system, some of them are just things like sorting list of number, but some of others are useful for prime factorization that can kill previous generation cryptography, but require many more qubits than we can sustain, there is also some algos that are useful for solving obscure math problems and even help physicists simulate some simple quantum system that we are unable to comprehend currently

>upgrading encryption
and what about logs of old data transfer?
People are just hoarding encrypted connections and once the tech is there they break it and the old secrets are laid bare.

it circulates the code around, cooking the jew faster and more evenly.

the damage would be limited as long as they can't access the servers once the encryption is upgraded. yeah everyone might know what my bank balance is, but they won't be able to take any of my money.

with crypto, everyone's private keys can be broken, and satoshi's coins can be market sold. total reset.

/Thread

No one has stable quantum entanglement yet. Chinese will be the first anyway

>chinese
lmao sick meme retard, insectoids only know how to steal technology

I don't think banks are the issue but people will likely get justed. Reason being is those old logs will hold credentials to email&more. Banks can forcefully reset passwords and sent new ones per mail (not Email) but getting access to mail/paypal/amazon is enough to shop with someone elses money.

you realize they literally invented gunpowder and paper before the europeans, right
you're thinking about the japanese who take tech and then improve it eight times over

>thinks a 20 qbit computer is enough to outpace hundreds of thousands of x86 cores at crunching sha.

Yeah ok.

the and now. Chinese today are masters at taking tech apart, improving it slightly and pushing it still cheaper on the market. West is getting absolutely btfo'd. They literally needed only ~2weeks to copy a new iphone.

>what is NXS

>4000 qubits and 100 million gates required to break 2048-bit RSA, used for many ssh keys today.
>2330 qubits and 129 billion gates required for secp256k1, used for bitcoin keys and many other cryptocurrencies

>but muh 5000 qubits in 10-20 years

even if this happened, almost all crypto that matters uses hashes of public keys for addresses. which can't be broken by quantum computers.

go home nerds

>What it means is that a computer treats a bit in its memory as both 0 and 1 simultaneously
This is how I understood it!
Non Binary
FYI tin foil hat on reading this /thread
Silicon is below carbon on the periodic table. Computers i.e. silicon can be represented as a 'body'; the motherboard = circulatory system, CPU = heart, memory = HD, Video card = eyes ect.

TL:DR Is the rise the Zoomers & simultaneous rise of Non Binary computers coincidental?

you're assuming PayPal and banks will keep processing payments if a big quantum computing attack happens

crypto? no one can turn it off. all your wallets will be emptied.

>which can't be broken by quantum computers.
Care to explain? I really don't know much apart from MSM shite...

Hello /x/

Now actually consider who used 2048 rsa just a few years ago? Additionally most shit runs on ssl and downgrade attacks are possible for juicy targets. And if you really want to hurt go a bit longer ago and you're looking at 512 rsa. Not that much of a high goal left there.

>t.gaymer
Au contraire mon frere. If you knew feckall about computer architecture...

>prides himself on an online IQ test result
whew

Attached: 1517418753023.jpg (645x729, 81K)

Hashing is a en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surjective_function
Meaning you can't calculate back as multiple values lead to the same result.

That aside the better argument is there are quantum resistant encryption available and in use among those who need to be more paranoid. The only trouble is if they really are secure or if we simply didn't figure out how. Elliptic curves for example were thought quantum secure until one dude found a solution and then another again found a modification that is again quantum secure.

A bit is either 1 or 0, it takes 8 bits to make a byte which can represent any number up to 256.
A qubit can be 1, 0 any infinite division in between, both, all or nothing.
It's a step up to say the least.
So much so that nt's can't even begin to grok the implementations.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surjective_function
user thanks!
It's great to be reminded about how dumb I actually am!
I have a better understanding but FUCK me, i don't 'understand'!
Thanks!

You're a meme

>Cardano

Quantum proofe secured chain.

Read the whitepaper bro

there are some good points along the thread like and but nobody has pointed out yet that you need near-0 kelvin temperatures to prevent decoherence. unless random people are going to go out and buy supercool refrigerators this will be out of reach for the kind of people who would use it to break rsa. because of the exorbitant expense, access and use would be regulated by businesses and universities that have them

Qu a n tu m

it like, computes faster, and stuff

You are surely familiar with modulo operator? That alone can be a simple hashing function.
Say f(x):= x modulo 2
so f(2) = 0 , f(3) = 1, f(4) = 0,...

When you save the result 0 in this example you don't know if the original key x was a 2 or a 4. That's why you can't calculate back what the key was from the saved hash in the database. You can however always compare hashing results. So you store the result of hashing and when a dude comes and claims he has the key he hashes his key and you compare results. If it doesn't match you know it's bullshit. The important factor here is that the space is much larger than {0,1} in this example and the chance to miss is near 100% with good hash functions.

>You are surely familiar with modulo operator?
*Gives look of when (((you))) connect the printer to the PC*
>when a dude comes and claims he has the key he hashes his key and you compare results. If it doesn't match you know it's bullshit.
Thanks! It helped SO much!

Attached: 1518007079735.jpg (790x790, 113K)