I lied on my resume and said I have a college degree, and I got the job...

I lied on my resume and said I have a college degree, and I got the job. Will they ever found out and how do I make sure they don't?

Attached: 1547458411712.jpg (1000x645, 154K)

Depends on the scale of the business. If its a small thing, they likely don't have the time to make those kinds of checks, and as long as you're good at your job, it should be fine.

If it's a big corp, then maybe they make those kinds of background checks once in a while, like once a year.

Just double down when they accuse you of not having a degree otherwise counter sue their ass.

Sounds like employment fraud. The number of years in prison you'll get are really dependent on how much you gained from the alleged fraud. If you only have a couple of paychecks, it might be low level and you might just get probation. Stay there long enough to collect $10k in pay and you've pretty much guaranteed yourself prison time.
If you have already accepted the position and started, make an excuse that will still look good on another resume and get out now, then go get a job where you don't need to lie.

>how do I make sure they don't?
by actually getting your degree. they most likely won't find out especially if this is a small scale operation. and if they do, there's a chance they'll let you go. what's important though is that you hopefully acquired some experience that could help you land another job in the field.

Disregard if you're black, they don't really give a shit about your qualifications anyway, they hired you to fill a quota. Not even kidding, I worked HR for a company of 300+ employees that accepted some government funds, and we were specifically told this by the partners - basically, get a few black people who can get along with people, don't have a criminal record, and aren't high drama, don't worry about their qualifications, we don't really care as long as they don't piss off the other employees because firing them is a pain in the ass too. The criminal background check was the hardest part, we lost literally over half of the black applicants on that one so we were really struggling.
So long as you don't fuck up your job incredibly badly, you're safe forever as long as you don't want to move into a position that actually requires a degree. In other words, don't lie twice. Maybe quietly go do a bullshit University of Phoenix online degree or something in the meantime, you can check off that box in case the employer needs to document that you have a certain degree for a certain position that he's receiving a grant or contract for.

help!! i start fri im not gonna go to jail for this shit but I need this $$ badly $14 / hr boys

How does one find the motivation to wake up in the morning and go do HR work at some company

its air traffic control

You might be fucked. I thought about doing this for engineering only to find out they really do check that shit kek. Imagine that... I have to stay as a lowly designer until I get a degree I guess.

lmao op you'll go to prison if they ever find out that a high school dropout was in charge directing air traffic

14 an hour? Jesus, go push shopping carts at Costco

top kek

sounds like theres an opportunity here for somebody to make a database of people with actual degrees, details of level and in what subjects.
whoever builds it into a business will be set for life

bait

Be a woman. HR is "Gossip and Passive Aggression: The Job"

Intredasting

I mean I have no actual experience here but I would say if they didn't check to begin with they won't check at all.

At the end of the day you can write whatever whacky nonsense you want on your resume and its their job to check them. If they don't that is their fucking fault.

Keep trucking OP.

Wait its air traffic control? Now that I don't believe. Air traffic control firstly make WAY more money than 14 dollars an hour.
Secondly they're extremely highly qualified.
Not only will you not get by without training you'll probably have a heart attack.

Seriously, at least where I'm from, Ireland, you need to pass several tests to get into air traffic control. I tried. There were 3 rounds of problem solving tests before any interviews or anything were conducted.

>employment fraud
Lol k

Enjoy prison

You’re fucked, as you should be you degenerate.

I've done it a few times, most places won't check and if you are good enough that they don't want to lose you they really won't care.

Stay late, sneak into HR, grab your resume from the file, and replace it with an honest one.

Universities already have these databases. Finding out if u have a degree is as easy as sending an email to the university.

This isn’t the 70s boomer, it’s all stored on computers.

help Jow Forums Im this close to just coming clean. if I confess now do you think I wont get in legal trouble?

Really? I’ve been busting my ass to maintain a 3.8 gpa for no reason then. How can you get paid for a bullshit token African American job?

Can I lie about my GPA too?

thanks, just canceled my flight

Do your job well and theyll never have reason to suspect you lied

IF he's really doing air traffic control then i'm pretty sure they'll find out

>If it's a big corp, then maybe they make those kinds of background checks once in a while, like once a year.

Background check employees once a year and not when hiring? Pls guy be realistic. Education checks are not like drug tests.

Attached: 1489975632255.jpg (600x637, 43K)

Depends on where you applied. I got a job at Bank of America and they absolutely checked everything on my CV: Past employers, reasons for leaving the job, time periods worked, past education, degrees obtained and verification of graduation.

The only thing they didn't do, which surprised me, was drug test me. Bank of America does not drug test you

LMAO'd

Attached: 97489423.png (188x309, 37K)

holy shit my fucking sides

lmao if not a larp, you need to back out right now.

It is super easy for them to check by sending an email to your university.

Hope you listed a shit-tier university that doesn't reply to emails or have a degree verification portal.

Pilot here. Kek

Surprised to say that I like spending some days with those goes at local airports. Most are beta late 20’s/early 30’s dudes. Pretty chill guys

Which city OP?

Attached: 01740819-D959-459B-B9AB-194BB087BE46.jpg (4032x3024, 1.12M)

hes probably talking about those guys that stand on the runway waving around lightsticks.

Don't tell them you dolt. If it really is air traffic control, and you really are worried, do what that other user said: make your excuse and move on.

Lol employment fraud is committed by employers not employees. The only way you’re getting prosecuted is if you forge a degree to support the CV, otherwise your CV isn’t a legally binding document and no employer is going to bring criminal charges if they found out you lied on it, they’re just going to fire you.

>t. Lawyer

Attached: b6a.png (500x529, 376K)

how does one become a pilot? can a high school dropout do it provided i can pay for flightschool etc?

Attached: 84B884EE-1F5C-4AD7-88BA-7E256B397374.png (480x456, 254K)

don't tell him he's going to rat you out OP

Have you ever fucked a flight attendant? Is it common for pilots to fuck flight attendants?

>mfw I'm on a flight and the crew is all men

Attached: bored pepe.jpg (960x960, 75K)