/smg/ - Stock Market General

SPY reverse double back opposite inverteed short squeezed edition

>I'm new to the stock market, what stocks should I buy?
Before you buy anything, stop making the general with trips, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
pastebin.com/y9PRQLR3

Earnings Report Calendars:
calendar.google.com/calendar/[email protected]
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Basic rundown on lean hogs:
theoptionsguide.com/lean-hogs-futures-buying.aspx

Biotech Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/calendars/fda-calendar

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

on the last episode of /smg/:

Attached: 1545931745111.png (626x579, 195K)

smells like golden bull in here

Attached: df.png (388x439, 163K)

NUUUUUU MESSED UP ON PICUTE AND Jow Forums NO LETTING ME DELETE NUEEUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Attached: 1545931745111smg.png (577x732, 213K)

Why aren't you investing in PCG?

They're literally too big to fail and due for a nice comfy california bailout any day now!

Attached: ferris nyaaaa.jpg (540x540, 61K)

First for self flagellation when wrong. Sorry comfy

Attached: self-flagellation.jpg (376x307, 37K)

how's everyone doing?

Titanium plated diamond resistance at this point in the chart, we're all fucked.

First for RKG being my waifu
Luv you bby

just freed up $1000 in buying power. first 3 replies tell me what I buy

Attached: 1486675659865.png (599x598, 776K)

>how's everyone doing?

Rather flat. Some performing rather well, others, not performing at all. Resulting in flat.

More importantly, how are YOU doing. MNGA down 2.3% today. When do you exit buddy?

BAM

PCG

Youre just useless arent you
(rhetorical question)

Attached: 02.jpg (2893x4092, 2.13M)

QLD AND SSO RISE UP

TAKE THE 25% AND 35% ANNUAL GAINS IF YOU HAVE IRON HANDS TO HOLD THROUGH DIPS

if $1000 matters to you, buy SPY

NBR
MNGA
LCI

Attached: Market thumb.jpg (398x431, 41K)

hmny

they still might be broken up or w/e in case of the bailout

I might still buy one-year calls like a retard

RICK
NFLX Puts

unironically PCG, will get saved like always by corrupt Cali politicians

Liquor and whores

Please buy LCI

>exit
nigger you must not know who I am
I either make a killing or I let it all burn my nigga..

Attached: this fuckin guy...gif (480x270, 1.36M)

QQQ calls.

Attached: 1546694552813.png (1000x1000, 216K)

Nice try, Farnsworth.

Attached: 1508539647254.jpg (346x450, 22K)

so everyone is locked in on puts for NFLX, right

Buy DB fren

>he fell for the bearish crash meme

Attached: 1512240787963.jpg (399x385, 29K)

Attached: kaiji-2.png (699x393, 256K)

No you wait for it to gap up post ER and buy puts around 390-400

Short
P
Y

Long
C
I

buy DB PUTS

here we go lads

Attached: big five'.jpg (870x910, 87K)

Attached: a8e.png (404x399, 11K)

Who's fucking dumping? Stop it!

Attached: 1425343954999.jpg (601x601, 85K)

Good times.

Attached: CapybaraAerial.jpg (720x676, 59K)

This is your captain speaking. I've turned off the no smoking sign so feel free to light 'em up because we're going down.

Some whalefag is manipulating it at 9.30, it'll probably break one way or the other before the close

Attached: 1518711096768.jpg (853x620, 327K)

My last two digits is the number of days it will take Comfy to sell BST

NO MAN

Attached: FUCKKKKKKKKKK.jpg (261x193, 9K)

what city?

any yuropoors here who buy US stocks and ETFs that don't report to their countries for tax info? How do you do your taxes in general? newbie here getting a bit confused..

No idea.

Attached: Capybaras.webm (720x404, 953K)

STOP SELLING

Attached: 318271da980706f7a18a811c3456a77d.png (633x758, 16K)

Wait, so the Bogs are telling us its the top and to sell?

>TLRY starting to moon
Too bad I'm still like 70% down on my calls

Attached: 1518125592716.png (394x450, 17K)

DELET

Attached: 1510859165349.jpg (1000x1000, 107K)

This is the beginning of the new bear market. We're going to go up at times really quickly, then long and slow slides down.

What was the most destructive meme stock?

Attached: 1523452096685jpg.0.jpg (800x1596, 383K)

Nasdaq 100 smacked in to the falling trend line. Thinking about trying a short again. Maybe tomorrow if it doesn't push through.

Attached: NDX2.jpg (1820x944, 529K)

I've been holding my SCHK ETF since Christmas.

Attached: 1485881978562.png (1200x700, 519K)

nothing is decided today
If we end tomorrow above 2640, in the green
end tomorrow below 2570 -> bear awakens
in between -> purgatory continues

these little moves in the afternoon today aren't important - yet

probably HMNY
nice trips
shame its pretty

No, there was one biotech that used to get shilled here all the time, I forget the name

Some user here kept averaging down and had like $20k in it right before it got delisted and dropped another 80%

Who else here BA puts?

Attached: ba.png (1547x909, 170K)

Lol, nice dubs. This general has an abnormal ammount of gets.

See y'all tomorrow, hope you got some puts at the close.

DRUS

Attached: AA_AAA_AAAA_AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png (525x422, 309K)

They are EXPENSIVE!

Does anyone else have a scentbird subscription? I'm looking some ideas to put in my queue.

Ding ding ding! How did everyone do today? I'm up .07%, incredibly boring day. Made no trades.
I'm looking at them but premiums are high. Even most spreads I'm calculating the risks outweigh the rewards. What strikes and expirations are you looking at?

Attached: smgafterhours.jpg (530x298, 29K)

Anything shilled here is destructive cancer take your pick there are dozens of scam meme stocks to choose from fren

+.78% hopefully DB crashes some time before 1/25

Nah man, they're closing deals all over the place. They're going to be the outlier going higher or flat while everything else burns around it. Calls for sure.

I just wear curve, chicks like it and will suck your dick if you wear it.

Hi guys is pcg a buy now?!

.86% today. BAC and JPM carried me entirely, shout out to NRZ too.

Up 2.04%, due entirely to GALT.

Splendid day! Up 4% overall. Trulieve put in a lovely +8% with good buy volume. TerrAscend had a spike in buy volume five minutes prior to close that I contributed to. Dude weed speculators are sleeping on TerrAscend. They have financial backing from Canopy Growth's venture capital arm and are moving in to the hemp derivative market in the states. I initially became interested in TerrAscend when I noticed they were one of the very few small cap dudes weed that had product on sale on provincial retail sites on day 1 of legalization in October. Since then i've just been flipping it for small profits here and there as it's overall bearish. Seems to be on the cusp of a breakout for real though. Support isn't budging any lower.

Attached: Terrascend6.jpg (1820x941, 548K)

green day. Made infinity dollars from C and BAC

not sure what to do with the new wealth. Probably buy more UPS or something depending if we get a dip or not

Attached: NBUVTBqC_400x400.jpg (362x362, 34K)

no, they've got further to fall.

we are up $300 USD
not actively trading tho, trying to raise some cash in order to move towards my optimal allocation. way overweight US equities right now.

Up BIG on DB
Down a bit on AMD
Very much net positive

I'm up $1600/40% from BAC calls

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: when you see a californian.jpg (350x253, 29K)

I'm from California! great state ruined by libs. And I really do mean ruined, my city has the worst roads, worst homeless situation, "highest stress" (a made up measure composed of unemployment, high rent, lack of insurance) in the nation. people basically vote yes on every tax increase or bond measure that's offered without thinking about it. my city spends $40,000 per year per homeless. its insane.

if the libs were destroyed, this state would be amazing. great weather, great outdoors, intelligent engineers, best business people, fast internet

+3.4%

>I only had $30 to play with

I live here my whole life. The commies came here in like 1935 First to destroy hollywood then everything else

California could become a great place that people are proud to call home. You just need to do something about the regressive leftists who want everything for nothing, and you'll be fucking golden.

the worst bit is the progressive brainwashing. every 5-10 years, the libs pick a new hot topic to brainwash kids into believing
in 2000 it was that Bush was a monster, in 2005's it was gay marriage, now it's "you're probably a tranny." no one believes this except the kids in of middle school

>sold to bonds at dow 24.8k
>didn't buy the dip
>capitulated today for a 2% gain when I could have had a 20% gain if I bought the dip earlier

Attached: 1525388794348.png (380x349, 77K)

dont sell
dont capitulate
fucking zoomers man, almost as bad as boomers

Who else is excited for tax return time!?
I should get back around $1300
Earliest you can file is the 29th, and I plan on filling that exact day

Attached: 1547579002343.jpg (1024x937, 166K)

THREADLY REMINDER THAT DIVIDENDS ARE YOUR FREN

all aboard the divs train to Gainsville stop at Passive Place & Income Street

Attached: dividends-monopoly-man.jpg (423x245, 21K)

HMNY
it impressively went down 90% from its initial shilling
Then it went into a reverse split that was a scam because of how it was calculated, and dropped 100%

>I only had $30 to play with

Doesn't matter. You're in the market with something and you're learning how things work. I wish I had started all this in my early 20's even with the little amount of money I had at the time. Instead I waited until I was 30 to get around to it. Now 35.

Attached: capyhotsprings.png (742x988, 960K)

I'm getting an extension and will be filing personal income taxes around september.

Checked

And which stuck had a reverse-split billion dollar per share cost?

>Who else is excited for tax return time!?

I'm not excited about all the data entry I'll have to do. I made twice as many trades in 2018 than i did in 2017 due to all the volatility opportunities.

I have 5k to play with after getting wiped in crypto. I can't decide if I should open up a robinhood account or buy more Bitcoin.

I feel there's more fun in Robinhood but I would get bored at night/weekends. But there's probably more potential for gains in Crypto.

there's forex in the evenings and trump tweets on predictit on the weekend

>But there's probably more potential for gains in Crypto.
lol

the one rule of /smg/ is we dont talk about crypto. make your decision and come back if you want to trade stocks

>I feel there's more fun in Robinhood but I would get bored at night/weekends.
ya

>But there's probably more potential for gains in Crypto.
nah

I'm about 5k short of having 25k in my RH so I can daytrade (and I don't wan't to pull money from my other brokerages), you should give to me

You can get bigger gains with options than crypto

Does Robinhood limit you to one trade every three days because of that settled funds law? I remember having that issue when I closed my Scottrade account. Is there any way to get around this as a small time investor?

If you're going to blow it on crypto, you may as well just buy fancy clothes or something instead. That or you could pay Comfy and Pendulum for $50 blowjobs.

Attached: Shampoo flower.gif (500x282, 1.52M)

What resources are there for me to learn how to create my own trading plans?
I see people always talking about their plan for the day and I usually don't have anything of the sort. I'm losing money and want to learn how to do it properly.

Does Robinhood trade options?