What makes a good salesman?? Are they people that are just really good at shilling...

What makes a good salesman?? Are they people that are just really good at shilling? Ive gotten like 5 friends to buy chainlink? Does that mean I should embark in a sales career?

Attached: 4D21E10C-C8BC-43F0-B10E-EFCB51B266C4.png (225x225, 81K)

Get rich or die trying, try MDA and die now! :)

sales isnt that hard desu you just need to look like a trust worthy guy (tall, in shape, looks) and recommend only what customers truly need

kinda like one of the 48 LoP where you should only give compliments that are honest to how people think of themselves

Do you buy link for them or do they buy it themselves? There is a learning curve to purchasing chainlink.

So whats the answer? How do people become good at sales?

A good salesmen is delusional
unless he is shilling you christianity, which is true btw

People dont buy the product they buy the person selling the product. So when you shilling you gotta be likeable.

t. Salesman

might stick round to reply a bit. made 130k+ in software sales last year ama

t. 25 years of age

>tall
:(

well tell us what you do, how the day-to-day was and how you closed. dont just leave us hanging

ignore this idiot, manlet salesdude here theres a reason there exists "inside sales" and outside sales. the handsum folks are outside sales people.

I compete mostly with AWS in cloud computing and other areas as well. Day 2 day i have a few meetings with prospects and shoot the shit with coworkers.. its very relaxed compared to most sales orgs in the industry which tend to be very cutthroat

a note on closing in b2b:

you have to align to a strategic business initiative or you will not succeed and its mostly because of risk. ive seen many cases where were able to offer 100k+ sometimes even a month less than AWS but because of the perceived risk in migration, there is hesitancy, and when a business isnt in agreement for an initiative its very hard to get the sale.

having a champion to fight for your deal is crucial, try to develop this type of relationship when prospecting.

howd you get the gig and is there anything you regret/dont like?

went to the best public uni in my state and followed a friend from the year ahead of me into entry level sales development roles. it was the better option of the two between that and 33k to work at a bank with no trajectory.. i think they got automated this year lol..

get into tech if you can.

No one got fired for buying AWS user

Hope u are gcp or azure. Ibm and oracle are not actual competitors.

forgot to say, i dont like quite a bit. sales managers are always going to push on you for more, and more, and more revenue. updating crm sucks the life out of you, forecasting meetings suck dick, actually calling customers all day kinda sucks and id imagine im pretty fortunate as my company isnt quite like this but ymmv because its all down to the culture of your direct management chain.

im one of the above mentioned, and what you say is fair and true. thinking about leaving my company

psychopathy

Ya if u can sell an actual cloud ull do way better - ibm is shit and oracle is vaporware

I would totally take a job at OCI until it fell apart tho - they paying devs pretty well.

I just started selling cars 3 months ago and it’s a bit hit and miss, I’m a good people person and have some product knowledge, and in my 3rd month I’m leading the dealership in sales (with no prior experience) I always had a feeling I’d be good at it, and it turns out I am. If you have that same feeling go for it, don’t worry about experience etc you just have to be hungry. Get after it user

from what ive seen, this is true in some of the sales floor. much is greed, and then people who unironically realize its the best way for them to provide and have a career without real skills.. (harsh, but true)