Any thoughts on this bad boy?

Any thoughts on this bad boy?

Attached: ledger-nano-x-.png (408x600, 84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

saleemrashid.com/2018/03/20/breaking-ledger-security-model/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

make sure you flip the cover down before you stick it in things. You dont want that boy flipping open inside your butt. Just something Ive heard.

overpriced shit imo. still no support for erc20 even though their website says they do. the "support" is "use mew" which I don't need the ledger for. there are cheaper and better ways of managing keys.

nonsense, its obvious OP wants

Everyone in crypto already bought the Nano S, and since you can't resell or give it away, nobody is gonna buy it again

scam

I owned a ledger product tried to update the firmware one day and it bricked just like that. There fucking scam cunts.

keke thats me, I bought 3 of them badboys

What interests me is the chance to secure crypto safely on mobile...that's kind of James Bondy and cool..crucify me.

+1
overpriced shit, out of the 5 ledgers I've held all of them have had at least one sticky button
trezors arent much better. I still would recommend them as the best option for normie cold storage, goes to show how bad hardware wallets are

It's fucking SHIT.

You can't even install more than 5 or so apps. Why? Because there isn't enough storage space.

Whoever is responsive for the technical design needs to be shot

should I buy a ledger or trezor

>FUDing hardware wallets to make people loose their keys
smart

Attached: 1480525355082.png (365x367, 35K)

Are the people getting hacked through infected LEDGERs just FUD or does this happen?

I bought mine straight from the Ledger.com site. The package seemed fine, there was the normal "welcome" screen, everything looks just like authentic, Ledger. Generated the seed phrase myself etc.

All withdraws from my address have to be confirmed through the Ledger, physically etc.

But there are people insisting on the web that they have still lost their money or getting hacked? How the fuck is it possible?

People will buy it just for the extra storage space. As more wallet support comes out people will realise this one has hardly any as well and will want to upgrade again.

Crypto is dead why would you buy a ledger?
Even cryptopia know it's dead.

Buy direct and dont be a lazy retard and you are fine.

Always update with verified upgrades from supplier when required, and visually confirm addresses for transactions on screen and device.

That’s a security feature user... look it up

It’s not. If you use one, even on a heavily infected PC your crypto cannot be stolen.

I own a nano S and a Ledger Blue, only problem I ever encountered was a screen getting frozen for 30 seconds. They are great tech. I keep my wallets offsite and locked away, and the private seed cards also far away and locked up. My crypto literally cannot be stolen. It’s a great feeling. Even though I only have 2.3btc it’s nice having some alts on them too.

Bump and ignore ledger shills in thread

I like mine, I only use it every now and then to make sure my linkes are safe and secure. It's easy enough to use with MEW, I haven't tried with meta mask yet

It's full of shit. I use on MEW got erc667

Got mine yesterday. Couldn't be more satisfied with the purchase.

Attached: moneyfren.png (991x672, 206K)

It's excellent from an opsec perspective. Simply put the best product out there. The desktop clients are a bit flaky on Linux but that's a painpoint I'm willing to indulge on because the chip (SecureElements 5) is literally the best thing you can get on the market. It's also pretty expensive which explains why it's priced so high. Their margin doesn't sound that great.

f00dbabe

whats the difference?
"we added blue tooth." so?
who tf is taking this out of their house to spend bitcoins on the go. no one.
it doent even support LN anyway. if anyones ever gonna spend money on the go theyre using LN on their phone wallet

Haven't updated mine since february, any risks in never touching the firmware?

>I owned a ledger product tried to update the firmware one day and it bricked just like that. There fucking scam cunts

Attached: images-4-the-autistic.jpg (225x225, 10K)

Good morning Ledger CEO

I'm confused; there's no mouthpiece to inhale from? Fake and gay.

Based and techpilled

No native support for erc20 tokens is fucking nuts. wtf are they doing???

>overpriced
if you cant buy some $100 product for crypto without thinking about it, you don't own enough crypto to need it.

the old ones suck for storage, these have a lot more storage so they might actually be useful for shitcoin holders

trezor is fundamentally insecure hardware, with a passcode it becomes better, but i dont know if you can even enter passcodes on the device itself. entering it on the computer is a broken design.

ive never seen a legitimate instance of one where the clear reason was exposure of the mnemonic.

did they ever show being able to actually load compromised firmware and not have the device detect it? accord to everything ive seen, they weren't able to.

the main feature is that they fixed the old broken security model and you can store more than 3 things on it. ln is an easy enough add, a third party could get a client to work with it without much effort.

Bought one from their Amazon official store. No plastic wrap but otherwise fine. Amazon refunded my money. Died within days so had to use refund for a second one. Almost got one for free

Also the price premium of the X over the S is only worth it for people actively trading lots of different coins all the time. If you're holding most long-term then the S is perfectly fine

Just use two fa and you're golden dude I been in crypto since 2013 and have never once took my shit off exchanges they are pretty much all fdic insured banks at this point

Skycoin's will only cost around $30 and will support decent coins like BTC and LTC along with SKY, of course.

Attached: 1547582837852.jpg (750x1000, 115K)

Completely overpriced, shit team, still the best on the market (I guess not for long).
Good for holding 80% of my linkies, preventing me from swingtrading with them.

Ledger is the best hardware wallet on market but then ETH is the best smart contract platform on market. Bottom line is it doesn't matter their security is actually not as good as they make it seem cause there is no competition. They can afford to be shit.

Honestly what's the difference between a Ledger/Trezor and a storage USB?

Immune to electrical infetterence

>multiple faggots complaining about space
>want to have storage for shitcoins
>owning anything other than ETH, BTC and LINK

Not gonna make it.

explain how it's not good? Literally unbreakable given the physical button sign off on transactions. There's never going to be a secure solution to storing private keys or seed phrases, unless you can memorise that shit.

saleemrashid.com/2018/03/20/breaking-ledger-security-model/ not first, not last
Ledger's security response was shit, they didn't acknowledge, didn't release a fix, they just keep reiterating how secure and unbreakeable they are

I prefer the simplicity of the trezor. You don't have to download all these "apps" for each crypto you use. It's just a key private key store.

Works great, but limited storage sucks because you have to uninstall apps regularly in order to view your whole portfolio if you have more than one coin