#Jewelrybro back again to chat with you guys about my projects and hopefully get some solid insights about my plan as...

#Jewelrybro back again to chat with you guys about my projects and hopefully get some solid insights about my plan as it stands.

Sometimes these threads contain insight of merit, sometimes ya'll are trolls. Let's see.

First, a few things about me:
>25 year old living in a major metropolitan area
>Over a decade jewelry industry experience
>Entrenched in the contemporary and pop art spheres
>Occasionally do consulting for brand strategy with startups

Ok, the project:
>Establish my name as a brand, taking internet and youth culture (I feel these are typically sources of what becomes mainstream over time) and applying them to lavish materials. >Somewhere between arthouse, urban fashion - and hype.
>Typically I use gold and diamonds, but also experiment with other traditional jewelry techniques that I feel are often overlooked. (Champleve enamel, different metal pigmentations applied graphically)

Some growth strategy:
>I have friends who've offered interviews in HYPEBEAST, JUXTAPOZ, and others when the ball really starts rolling for me.
>Also could easily swing pop-up shops or exhibitions at a few popular galleries here.
>I utilize likebots on Instagram, targeting the followers of jewelry, culture, and fashion accounts. As well as targeting those that a specific person of interest follows, in order to get their attention. This plan currently nets me between 15-30 followers/day.
>I was recently offered reposts in @love.watts (1.7M followers)

CONT.

Attached: IMG_6ABC1E7BCB43-1.jpg (915x790, 778K)

And general planning:
>The entire production pipeline is in place.
>I'm growing into margins between 4-10x, I've been taking on lower margins to get my stuff out there amongst friends. Cutting deals ultimately works against the luxury brand image so it's definitely a short-lived strategy.
>I'm moving to be selling more on spec, and employ wildly realistic 3D renders (creating 3D files is amongst the first steps in making these works) as it's cents on the dollars to get pieces to market this way.

I know I need a website soon. I do web design so that won't be an issue. But I am finding trouble with capital, it costs me about $2-400 to get new pieces to market, and I'm only bringing in $1,800 a month from my other job, making the pace of self funding kind of stressful. Which is fine, I deal with stress pretty well.

Anyway! Thanks for reading. If anyone has any relevant comments, critiques, questions, assistance - I'll be here to discuss further!

is it possible for goyim to be successful in that type of business?

I live in NYC doing 3D modeling for jewelers who print into wax resin for casting. Where you?

Plenty of Muslims, Koreans, and white people in this business too.

Los Angeles. I have a handful of 3D guys currently, and some hand carved wax modelers but if you want to shoot me your portfolio maybe we can work together: [email protected]

Id say get the website going as quickly as possible even if it's just a landing page to begin with
Are planning to sell online primarily or have a physical location(s)?
Why are you generating a social media following without a way to steer them to where they can buy as well?
I like the idea a lot actually. Very executable business model and you definitely seem competent enough to do it
Do you have a business entity created yet?
On capital maybe try looking for some private investors? Only point I'd say there is keep the $ amounts as minimal as you can and if it's for a % in the biz keep that low as well

Hey thanks for the coherent response! Kind of a gamble posting on here. I've actually designed the site today and should have it live within the week.

The sales will be primarily online, and at pop-up shops mostly at art galleries or hip stores, however I can open my studio to clients as well. Just keeping overhead minimal here. I'm generating a social following because regardless of having a shop live yet, a receptive audience is important. No business entity created, and though I know of some private investors the style is kind of love it or hate it, and the investment crowd I know is mostly tech. The investment I'd anticipate needing would be minimal, just a few thousand to get a collection prepared for market because the model allows me time to prepare the pieces after they're ordered. I would hope to limit the % returns to the series that they go to fund, as everything will be in limited release.

Bump!

Does this sound reasonable?

Looks like this thread might die tonight. Enjoy your Saturday. Chat soon!

Good stuff, OP. Sounds like a solid plan.

Do you recommend any resources on jewelry (making, grading, history, anything)? Seems fascinating but I don't know much about it.

And good luck.

Attached: 91WCsZtNfmL.jpg (2560x1529, 1012K)

Any area is particular strikes your interest? It’s vast.

I don't even know where to start, so I guess where to start.

What’s your goal?

Initially a general appreciation of gemstones and jewelry with and end to collecting/trading pieces.

If you’re serious, GIA offers grading courses. That’s going to be your principle resource in developing a knowledge of gemstones.

Collecting jewelry is going to be wholly different. Pieces from historical ateliers are going to be your safest investment, think vintage Cartier or VCA.

Thank you, friend!

Quick question: do you know how/where collectors generally buy/sell/trade? i.e. at fairs or some online marketplace? I assume they don't pay retail.

Attached: emma aerie 2.gif (500x280, 1.99M)

Major stuff goes to auction. It’s not a part of the industry that I deal with. In my experience with collecting in general, developing detailed knowledge and purchasing pieces from individuals is how that often goes. Sometimes it’s private, often word gets around and it works to inform market price.

So if you don't mind me asking, what exactly do you do in the industry and how did you get started?

Absolutely do not mind. I have bench skills and handle some of the construction of works. My role is largely the orchestration and sale of larger projects. It requires a detailed knowledge of disparate processes (of which there are many in this industry), how they interact with each other, as well as the resources to bring them to life.

For any singular piece I can 5-15 people focused on a different area of it. I started learning and have been on the bench since I was about 10 years old.

>different ID
Interesting. Well thanks for your insights. I am looking into GIA courses for now.

Take care, user.

Attached: emma aerie 1.gif (500x280, 1.96M)