> New job
> 14 women
> 3 men including manager
> Very demanding job
> Deprecated software
> Data entry is completely fucked
> Spelling mistakes everywhere
> Worst notes per client I've ever seen
> Phone numbers not updated, duplicate entries of client names everywhere with different and often incorrect numbers
> Unable to correctly do work due to how fucked the data entry is
> Start updating all data as I go along while continuing to do my job
> user your KPI's aren't keeping up with the girls hehe
> Low key telling me shape up or ship out
> Stop focusing on the important shit like comprehensive detailed notes and updating customer details and technical information that is necessary to keep things running smoothly
> user your notes have dropped in quality
> My notes are still more detailed and comprehensive then the notes of the people I'm working with
> Decide to double check
> Yep

What the fuck is going on here? I've been working at this place for a month now and am the guy that is taking on the bulk of the workload and also fixing up the mistakes of my coworkers. I stopped fixing as many mistakes because it was affecting my KPI's even though in the long run it would increase the companies profits and effectiveness in every way.

When I notice my coworkers make a mistake I quietly fix it. When I make a mistake they point it out in front of everyone like a "friendly advice"

I'm learning as much as I can and think I will start a competing business in another six months

Attached: hardatwork.jpg (1000x667, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8566UtalG_o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No money to be made working for other people.

Go it alone

take screenshots of mistakes you are fixing. present them to manager. explain what you are doing explicitly. ask if they want that fixed or not. if they say yes, continue. if they say no, then don't.

You've already solved your own post, you really just wanted to blog, huh? Well I hope you're successful. I'd work from home on 10 bucks an hour for you champ.

That's nice advice.

> Be me
> Fix mistakes that my boss and a fellow coworker makes
> Forced to do tasks that should fairly go to another coworker rather than me repeatedly since boss gave it to me
> Tells me that one of my FEMALE coworkers has something important to do
> Huh why do I get badgered when I don't go fast enough and treated as if these deadlines are super urgent
> Have to fetch stuff for another two women who aren't my official boss
> I'm the go to guy as I do the job well
> More work than the rest
> No extra good promotion for my hard work ethic
> "But hey user all this work is job security"
> Job pays close to minimum wage I don't care to keep it long term!!!

2.33 female employees:1 male employee

Attached: Screenshot_20190119-223543.jpg (1345x1681, 773K)

This so much. Show and document what you're doing to be a better asset to the company. If you can quantify it,they should be happy. Bad information is worse than no information.

For better or worse, whatever you do is considered your baseline level of productivity at companies (or anywhere really). Was trying to find a relevant Dilbert comic about starting off with low productivity, so you can only improve from then out.

too many women ruin the workplace

a few sprinkled in here or there is OK, but they're like uranium, once they reach critical mass a meltdown is inevitable

also if my physics is incorrect pls do not bully thanks

in my experience so far, tons of companies have been riddled with inefficiencies like the ones you are describing. I don't know how they all stay afloat desu.

It's all your own faults for getting faggy jobs in offices over-run with clueless women.
Find a good production job, or a good trade, and the only women you'll meet at work will be making you tea.

> whatever you do is considered your baseline level of productivity at companies

> You work harder than the other employees.
> Say you do 3 times as much.
> Same pay.
> You stop working as hard and do the same as the others.
> Get brought into HR
> "We have to speak about your performance."
> "If it doesn't improve we will have to let you go."

Working hard at my current place of employment was a mistake! Green text story isn't about me but they sure treat me like this as I'm a hard worker.

Attached: Screenshot_20190119-232003.jpg (1310x1538, 685K)

>Female coworker from abroad who regularly hosts the gossip factory crack crashes against machine with a forklift. Ouhps how embarassing. Looks down. Everything is fine honey.
>I'm busy fixing something else and do not notice a still standing machine for 2 minutes. Jannie comes up to me 'user we need to talk about your performance today' 'Can you atleast do x'

Attached: agent of averagness.jpg (665x1000, 712K)

Yeah dude literally just document all the shit you fix for a bit, like a week. Bring it to a relevant person higher up, explain why you did it and ask if they want you to keep fixing things at the expense of your KPIs, because of the long term benefit. But don't put any particular coworker on blast if you can help it. Better to keep your head down on that front when you are so new.

Just walk right into the foremans office, look him firmly at the groin and shake his hand with a big grin

I'm a manager and I've had employees like you. You mean well and have good intentions but let me tell you your problem.
You aren't focusing on the metrics that you and your boss are evaluated on. You are focusing on cleaning up everyone else's shit but that's not what your responsibilities are based on. Just focus on your responsibilities. Your boss is telling you that shit because he is judged on specific metrics of his team. You are spending your time on shit that he doesn't get evaluated on.
tldr; stop LARPing as a punished hardworking underappreciated genius that is secretly saving the company. Just fucking do the shit they want you to do.

Attached: 1472629247806.png (500x398, 92K)

fuck you, people like you should be shot

As stupid as it sounds I used to do the same and he is right

The mentality of a highly finacialized economy. Business owners are diffuse, and only carry about metrics.

Back when people actually owned businesses things like this mattered because the company was more than a 5 year pump and dump/buyout.

this

the problem is that OP cares. caring about the job never does you any favors. there is no reward, no gold pot at the end of the rainbow. we live in a Marxist society now where all labor is equal.

stop caring about doing well and do the bare minimum of what's expected of you.

kys fag

He's right. Treat your job like a thot you're getting something out of for a short period of time. Zero loyalty, zero care.

>It's all your own faults for getting faggy jobs in offices

>work for a small firm
>everyone does their own shit while communicating as necessary
>pretty quiet because headphones are allowed and a quarter of the office are out at any one time
>have own desk, not one of those shitty open office style desks that seats ten people

Feels good man

Attached: comfy (2).jpg (500x373, 70K)

Zero girls in my development team for several years. See a woman from other teams in the corridor and I become a cave man. Wish I was sorrunded by 14 thots like OP

Nah, he's right. Trying to make the whole thing better is a thankless endeavour and not worthwhile for you as an employee. At best you'll just get loaded down with everyone else's work at no additional pay, then laid off when you stop doing it out of exhaustion/disgust. You want to create a better work environment, be self employed and run your own ship, benefit directly from the fruits of your labor.

>When I notice my coworkers make a mistake I quietly fix it. When I make a mistake they point it out in front of everyone like a "friendly advice"

this is pretty much universal across every industry, every company. I'm 41, worked at dozens of companies, there's always some shit rat who will try to climb the ladder by selling everyone else out, often lowkey, as you said framing it as "friendly advice" (women especially do this, but men occasionally do it too)

It DOES NOT pay to be a quiet, helpful, autistic type of worker who keeps to himself and fixes others mistakes and just has the standard busy-bee efficiency mentality. It does not work. I've tried it myself on a few occasions and it always bites me in the ass. Either be as ruthless as they are, or just find a way to cope with lowering your personal standards and intentionally being less detail-oriented and meticulous otherwise you'll drive yourself insane.

Personally I combine the approaches, I'm less metiuclous (against my nature) and also a bit more ruthless. I've sold people out occasionally, especially if they make it easy to do so by being blatantly ignorant at their job. I'll sometimes show mercy if they are just genuinely making honest mistakes, but most people are just lazy and cut corners intentionally so I'll punish that when it's convenient for me to do so.

OP, I agree with this guy You've been hired to do the job in a way everyone else in the company do. If you think something can be improved, make a suggestion to you boss. They'll assign you to do what you want to. If not, but it keeps bothering you then do it in your free time (the time you're not working on a task) and just for yourself.
There is no point to ease other people's jobs. Not only it won't earn you dollar, but also it'll shadow you in your boss's eyes because now everyone is doing the job as effectively as you are.
It's a sick capitalist world and you have to adapt.

>14 women
>3 men including manager
>Very demanding
The bull shit about your KPI's is just to let you know who's the boss. And the bull shit about your notes is a reminder. Try to get cool with the manager and the trio of guys. Odds are they're rotating people in and out of your position and keeping hot ass around for something to look at even if they are the root cause of everything thats fucked. If it's really bad, the double entry's and mistakes/missing numbers are deliberate just to keep you busy so you don't attract attention from the ladies.

>that I'm secretly saving the company attitude
Oh wow what an insecurity. Visit a prostitute and lose your virginity for fucks sake.

today was the day that OP was blackpilled on worker-company and worker-middlemanager-company relations and became a commie

Attached: 1513652184599.jpg (768x768, 69K)

Get out of there. Woman at a workplace are like little children trying to steal each others candies.

I am supprised Not to hear any complains about slender at the workplace from you. From my experience this is what many females get their time going with

No he is not right , my friend works in IT sector and every time he need to develop new modules for an existed project he needs to read and understand a ton of shitcode which takes a lot of time and effort, so in the end the company would spent less resources if the employees wouldn't be so lazy and careless

>Trying to make the whole thing better is a thankless endeavour and not worthwhile for you as an employee.
Imagine if we all would think like you, the whole world would be fucked

biggest mistake at a job is working super hard from day one. You should start at a moderate pace then ramp up work around pay negotiations or promotion opportunities

This is based advice OP. You'll feel a lot less stressed when you stop giving a fuck about others people work unless it directly affects yours. Don't try to actually make anything better. Just do your job the way they want you to, nothing more nothing less.

ITT: American wagecucks telling each other to be quiet and keep on wagecucking

It's the women in my workplace that keep documentation all correct and up to date.

In the meantime I don't update or write anything anymore to make sure the bossman thinks twice before firing me as I'm the only one who knows various details because I don't share that knowledge with anyone. Then again no-one seems to mind that our only documentation on my part of the most recent project is over a year old and describes a completely different thing. I've also noticed that other male devs also don't bother updating documentation on their ends.

Attached: 1525509102915.jpg (1000x800, 172K)

No, you're wrong. The world can improve by bad businesses going out of business so a better one can take its place. You're not going to going to save a company, especially if you get fired for making your boss look bad in terms of whatever metrics the company cares about, regardless of how dumb those metrics are.

No communism is extremely shit because the creative destruction described above can't occur at a company level. Instead the whole country collapses after a few decades. There are far more middle managers and far less personal ownership in communism. You are a fucking retard and completely wrong.

I work for a Chinese company and the women are all just secretaries or excel monkeys, every single senior person is a man.

This happened to me.

I was serving on average 72 customers per day with the next closest being around 44.

I slowed my pace down and took my time and was brought aside to discuss my performance.

>mfw i brought up I used to serve twice as many people per day
>mfw they said "So what"

The only thing that matters in life is improving things so that they suck less or eventually turn into something good and useful.

Even the oh so lazy and no brain evolution has accepted this and adapts even to details like fur color to optimize to improve existance.

Just because idiots lost focus of what they're actually doing and how it affects others things like the OP mentioned are a reality. It would be your job to manage things, Mr. manager. Yet you fail to acknowledge that workers are fucking up, that things run below standards, that things need to be fixed and eventually someone should be hired for this. The only thing you just did was lecturing someone without even picking up anything he stated as -your- part of a job. You're so dense.

I can imagine it's annoying if people fail to do what they're hired for because they're doing something else. Yet you should evaluate whether fixing a flaw or leaving it that way is the right decision and you should actually be reasonable about this, if you take your job serious.
This was just a one-sided quickfire answer with no deeper thought put into it.

If a company or your department is hemorrhaging money your job is to see it is fairly distributed, keep your relationships with your colleagues for after it dies

You're dumb as fuck. Evolution works because maladapted things DIE. You as an employee should adapt to your company environment by making your boss look good to his boss i.e. meet the KPIs. Don't adapt to that? Get fired. You died.

The company is in another environment, the market. If they have bad structures and KPIs they will die. When a better run company takes it's place you can work there since you have a good record of doing what you were told at your last place. At the new company doing what your told will result in better outcomes so you can be happy. If you didn't do what you're told you could be fucking up their market proven system or enabling bad structure to survive longer.

JUST DO WHAT YOU'RE TOLD WAGIE

>one sided answer with no thought put into it
If you're talking about your reply I agree.

I didn't think of it this way. But in all honesty, I think I might actually be "secretly saving the company".

> Have girlfriend
> Modern apartment
> Car
> My shit together

Since joining this company I've noticed a lot of angry clients, complaints, and clients talking to me saying "I talked with so and so and I don't think they did anything" over and over again.'

I've closed new clients while the company has been losing them, and saved many more.

I legitimately, upon reading your comment, believe I am a strong driving force in saving this company with a 1.5 out of 5 rating in terms of customer satisfaction.

And it's killing my soul.

Attached: epiphany.jpg (300x168, 5K)

roasties nowdays are valued on the brap they have. That's why high heels, skirt and sexy collants are allowed in the workplace. Look at how much girls do squat in gyms.
Take this brappill

Its also my general impression that society expects more from men than women
Tougher, more resilient, ability to take criticism, the kind of stoic and strong man depicted in so many cultures
Im not saying that women don't have these qualities
Im just saying that when i got into packaging as a student job i was immediately put into the toughest department, packing 40-60 kg heavy bags for delivery, there werr only men in that department
We got the same pay as the women packing socks and that kind of sucks i think
One day i was packing socks with the ladies because there was no heavy labor left
It was the chillest day ever, we talked all the time (packing stations were closer) and the job itself was the easiest id ever done

I think you're right to take the route of poaching their clients desu, but you're setting yourself a much harder task

>It's okay if this hits the wall.
>manager

Oh who would've thought on which end to find the issue...

Even doing the same mistake twice.

>tfw genuinely enjoy working, being in the office and doing my job

I have had a pay rice twice in two years and have won pretty much every company award and bonus during that time. Just pull yourself up by your bootstraps and work 16 hour days like me.

Attached: 1547335145072.png (240x221, 77K)

>pay rice
Pay rise, obviously. If they paid me in rice I probably wouldn't enjoy working there.

and you'll only ever be a manager with that attitude/ethic

>Work 16 hours a day
Kek

What does this company do that it could afford, without going out of business, that type of ratio? Are you a social justice blog or something? Are you just talking about your department, and you work in hr for some inexplicable reason? So many questions...

Check out the possibility of getting Grammarly for your company.

That should at least fix the spelling errors.

I don't get burned out, and I enjoy the atmposhere and all my friends are there. At here like today all I do is browse online. I don't really enjoy having out of work friends as they make me do stuff.

That'll change in 10 years when every company has a female quota by law lmao.

Unironically this. If your boss tells you to sit and watch paint dry for an hour because that's how he's determined you'll be most productive, you do it.

Also start looking for another job.

Attached: 1534259944229.jpg (1092x1600, 737K)

>work extra hard without getting compensated
>expect to get compensated anyway out of the goodness of your boss's heart

Yeah this thread made me feel better about the small company I work at

This. Let the company burn due to roasties and spineless management, stop fighting it and enjoy the ride

Best advice. I was like OP and did the extra work, countless overtime hours to bring projects ashore and shipped on time.

Resulted in me getting laid off at the first hint of market instability.

>I didn't think of it this way. But in all honesty, I think I might actually be "secretly saving the company".
And this saving of the company, are you praised for it? Are you paid more? Does your boss or coworkers aknowledge your effort?

If the answer is no, then why waste the effort?

>When I notice my coworkers make a mistake I quietly fix it.
never do this

You are unironically overdoing it. Allow me to explain. Clients and managers have no fucking clue what they're doing but by reading into their intentions you're making them look bad. Solution: do LITERALLY what is asked of you and not a smidge more.

just when I thought nothing could be worse than a cube. They start making open offices. Now only the managers have cubes.

Attached: 1547852361901.png (482x427, 79K)

>be me
>work as engineer
>remote jobs, lots of travel to customers
>hire a woman to the team for le diversity
>whole team is 7 men and 1 woman
>girl can barely function, constant needs, sick leave late for work other dudes going back and fixing her mistakes
>still works for us
>challenging gender norms feels great

>But in all honesty, I think I might actually be "secretly saving the company"
Have you been asked to? Stop your fucking narcissism and do what they expect you to do. By "helping to save" the company you may ruin it because you're raising coworkers hate to you.
One day you'll trigger a chain of events, people will start to leave the company because of you, taking friends with them, company price will start to go down, hiring and training new people will become too expensive etc etc.
Finally you'll have to go as well, and for sure you'll be banned in the industry for the damage you caused.

>tfw everyone is in a semi-open office except the branch manager who is the only one in a closed one
>you can see everyday how it sucks the life out of the 55 yo stuck in mid-management

Only silver lining out of this job.

Attached: 1368024010106.jpg (500x500, 38K)

>I'm learning as much as I can and think I will start a competing business in another six months

Careful user. While non disclosure agreement are often unenforceable, trade secrets, client info, and intellectual property can get you into a world of trouble and financial run if your current employer decides to sue you. Not saying you shouldn't. By all means, it sounds like they deserve to be run out of business. All I'm saying is tread lightly.

how to keep team of 10-15 pple pure male these days after you get visit from Gender Equality Department (SVO)?

Attached: 1506799016702.png (1920x1080, 2.65M)

OP, when you lose your shit and go postal, shoot this guys office up first

i know that feel bro. i busted my ass to fix processes and was told i was "pushy and rude" and that i would be let go if it didnt improve

now i dont make the slightest effort and just enjoy the decline and everyone is happy with me

Attached: tumblr_mn5crwbf3p1s5dm4ho1_500.jpg (411x510, 58K)

its why the automation slippery slope will never happen

Okay, mr. rothschild Jr.

Unless you’re an angel investor or a cofounder, your a slave who the company has to put on a show for to appeal to other slaves and brainless impulsive consumers.

Start being more aggressive and putting people on blast for their shit workmanship.

How did you respond?

funny threads on biz on weekends always, totally different poster base than weekdays

Attached: 1522419443597.gif (500x455, 496K)

which job is this?

what's the job like?

>When I notice my coworkers make a mistake I quietly fix it

That's the problem right there. Stop being quiet about it and grow a fucking spine. Everything you wrote here needs to be SAID THERE.

Show your power level and straighten out that place, or just quit and find something else.

Why are you still working there? Get another job and walk the fuck out.

Why does this read like a gamestop manager telling people to just focus on the Circle of Life metrics?

Quit that job ASAP and get out. Only solution unless you want to torture yourself in the Twilight Zone with a bunch of mentally deficient multicultural loving NPC's and retarded women.

lmao what a faggot, shit advice. something a retard who's bound to be a manager forever would say.
>just be mediocre and complacent user

funny enough since this post is objective evidence you have room temp IQ and are a perma virgin faggot

Thankfully the only KPI I'm evaluated on is how much money I save/make the company through my exploratory projects.

Pretty chill.

t. Machine learning engineer

This! I actually have decent documents but I don't share it. Kek they tried to put me under pressure in my previous job. I said fuck it and left. Takes 3 external consultants to continue my job.

>When I notice my coworkers make a mistake I quietly fix it. When I make a mistake they point it out in front of everyone like a "friendly advice"

Fuck me ain't that the truth. My job is a lot of data entry. Constantly fix stuff without telling anyone, when someone else catches a mistake they go off telling the supervisor and shit like that. I'm sympathetic because I know I will make a mistake from time to time too. Like, they get mad at technicalities.

youtube.com/watch?v=8566UtalG_o

Attached: 1468191122229.png (396x385, 132K)

>Takes 3 external consultants to continue my job
In terms of money and big corporations I can't even stress enough how *nothing* it literally means. But they got rid of toxic liability so it's very profitable in long term.

What stuff are you working on

sales operations

document everything user. Take screenshots, notes, etc.

stop giving a fuck about the company and just do the tasks you're asked to do.

what that does involve? How did you first get into the career.

i did a degree in business management and applied, started off just doing some basic excel work and when I did a good job there they gave me something else. I just kept taking on loads of work and then they gave me way a way better contract and money. This year my boss has secretly confided I'm taking his job when he leaves.

pull yourself up by the bootstraps isn't just a meme, if you work like a dog in an office environment, people notice.

I learnt this the hardway. Also, if it's not your company and you have no saying in the decision making, stop giving a shit about the company.

I work at a public traded company, it's insane. I came to the coclusion it's just a fascade to make it look real from the outside.

Lmao at all the people outraged by this sentiment...

Guess what this is the typical corporate environment for any company with over 200+ people.

You will rarely get rewarded for picking up after someone else's shit... if you do it's because you documented it properly and are essentially throwing them under the bus in an attempt to get ahead on them, which is a risk if you don't have connections outside of your team and they do.

I think most people get pissed because obviously being so metric obsessed is probably not healthy for the long term view of the company, considering that people may do short changed methods to cut corners to hit their targets.

what was the job title of your first job? How much did it pay? How much do you think your boss's job pays?

this feels like doxxing so i will stop here.

>Physics final year student here
Nah user that was pretty funny. Got a chuckle out of me

>Doing more than what you should do at work
you will never make it.

Attached: 1ewdzs.jpg (399x385, 44K)

Hire 1 or 2 F to M trannys and give them easy shit to do. The testosterone meds will make them bearable.

do what your manager asks, and if there's anything else you decide to work on, it should be with the intent to make your manager look good in front of their manager. it sounds cucked, and it is, but it works if you're after money. i've had half a dozen managers, all of them fought for me to get better ratings, raises, bonuses, and stock than other people.