Is trading some sort of video game or something? What benefit to people does this money making process accomplish...

Is trading some sort of video game or something? What benefit to people does this money making process accomplish? I fail to see how it benefits any society

Attached: F5B5D8EB-6631-4AA4-ACC5-0E6A5F4B1EEA.jpg (750x605, 373K)

The benefit is the money you can earn. Unfortunately, most day traders don’t actually make money.

Technically you are providing liquidity to the money markets which enable globak commerce. Very important function, very useful to society,
In practice no one gives a fuck about your lunch money go buy some lottery tickets.

Markets need liquidity to function properly. Daytraders provide liquidity. Without liquidity markets stagnate which harms everyone (conventional equities and crypto both)

Profitable day trading is ideally rule based (if a happens I do b, etc.). So it would be a shitty video game.

With rare exceptions it should be boring as hell. Altcoin markets the last 3 days are one of these rare exceptions where it’s actually been exciting and my normal rules would limit profitability, so I threw them out the window temporarily

No, but you must also ask yourself how many people get paid decent salaries from pointless bureaucracy/corporate finance/ office jobs.

The world doesn't give shit about Traders, in fact, it wants them to fail. You fight against all other market participants to scratch something out for yourself. You do "work" for what you get. In terms of getting money, for not really being a mother Teresa towards Society, there are better targets to set your focus on, OP.

Think of it like selling or buying anything else. The benefit is you're selling to someone who wants to buy and buying from someone who wants to sell. That's it really.

It’s basically a boring ass video game that everybody involved competes in then?

What is liquidity

I know the goal of traders is to make money. Obviously. No one would do any job without money being involved or making them feel good like volunteering.

But is it just gambling or is it a necessary force in society? Or just inevitable?

you provide liquidity to the market

thats it

providing liquidity and most importantly price discovery - which is very very important.

it hepls the market determine prices, it provides liquidity

other than that there is not really a benefit, and you're always trying to get richer by playing your opponents. it's a bit like poker, but not gambling like roulette or slot machines

>What is liquidity

Buy and sell orders basically, capital.

If I have 100 btc, and decide to sell, id ideally like to do so as close to the current price as possible. If there is no liquidity in the form of buyers at the current price, then I can’t, everyone else can’t, and it’s basically a big problem.

This is why whales tend to gravitate towards large,liquid exchanges like binance, instead of say, idex or something

High liquidity

Attached: C6248EC3-DC95-464F-A61F-10A5EC32DB4F.jpg (614x1741, 761K)

Low liquidity

Attached: BC7E893F-00F9-411D-8381-51282A535798.jpg (622x1792, 562K)

Damn bro that’s pretty useful...so the more trades done with the most %increase creates profit? Doesn’t it also create many losers, who act in discordance with what is essentially RNG of the market? Or is it not random, built off usefulness or hype?

if you ever used an auction house in an MMO, it's exactly like that

The term 'providing liquidity' is a nicer way of saying "I think you're a fucking retard for selling to me", or "I think you're a fucking retard for buying from me".

Of course, if the person who is actually doing the selling or buying has a shit load of volume/money, then the person who said that, initially, is actually the fucking retard. And that's how you get a loser(s) for a winner.

>what does buying low and selling high accomplish

Attached: d27.png (645x729, 56K)

Why would anyone care what it accomplishes for society? Does everything you do have some ultimate goal of being for the greatest good of society?

actually trading is like a video game

if it never did we would be sitting in caves and shit in the woods right now.

people trading do nothing for the advancement of the human race. if you clean the toilet of some scientist you are of more use.

Price discovery

Yeah, I'm sure the guy cleaning toilets is paying more in tax than the guy who is capable of living off of day trading.

Although this post here seems quite jaded towards many professions:The reality is not everyone can be a engineer/physician/mathematician/low level and compiled language programmer (an even more interesting question to ask is why quantitative finance attempts to draw people with those capabilities into speculation)

And as yourself this: do you think that if a janitor knew how to be a fucking awesome trader, they'd voluntarily remain doing what they do? Maybe they would, if they find some fulfillment from it. But is that realistic?

>physician
*physicist

these guys are the certainly trying to pay as little as possible.

but everyone can do basic stuff. not everyone needs to work on the really advanced stuff directly.
everyone would quit a janitor job if they can make more from trading. that is just natural.

Still more than the toilet cleaner living off government subsidies. Besides everyone in this thread has already answered the question of what sort of value there is in day trading.

What is liquidity in brainlet terms? Just cash?

Liquidity means ability to buy or sell. Like I bought athenes st tokens and now I cant sell them because there is no liquidity. Eg, nobody is selling.

I read that title with Carlos Matos voice

you buy high and sell low so the market can fossilize itself

Yeah, I keep closing trades too early thinking a rally has run its course.

When I started becoming consistently profitable at day trading, my goal was to make enough gains each week to justify quitting my job as a line cook. I still love to cook, but I’m also a price action junky and actually enjoy trading. Now I cook for friends and guests or just go out to eat. You know, provide some liquidity to my local restaurant after I’m done extracting from my broker.