Tell me about software sales

tell me about software sales

i like that its sales, but you need to be smart enough also to understand how the software can boost their business

i think software sales at least keeps the jock chads out because its more complex

anyone here do it? how is it? tough racket?

Attached: Marissa-Cooper-the-oc-L7-920x690.jpg (920x690, 99K)

DELETE PIC
I KNOW THAT SHOW, BACK WHEN I WAS SEMI NORMIE
ALWAYS THOUGHT SHE WAS ADORABLE
BOOMER NOW, NEVER GOT ANYTHING LIKE HER

Attached: 061.jpg (642x960, 51K)

All I needed to know about software sales I learned when my boss ordered a new program which amounts to no less than $ 120,000 a month.

I can't comprehend how 0's and 1's can amount to that much.

Easy af. Most jockchads are too dumb, all the real spergnerds went IT/ Finance/banking, and if you’re an introvert sales will do wonders for rounding out your personality.

They’re hiring minorities and women to try to diversify out the field so competition bar is being set lower with every brown wave.

I’d highly recommend it because you’re going to get a broad view of modern business across many verticals. Additionally you’re going to see what separates the wheat from the chaff in every business.

Pays great, women are turned on just by hearing your career, and winning gets your testosterone flowing like a mofo.

Would recommend 8/10 unless you have a more optimal career path set in stone.

Attached: 2729A05B-4199-4508-B413-E0890C480880.jpg (500x579, 32K)

what does this software do? I must know
where did he hear of this?
how did he justify spending this?

fuck i remember that show

i didnt ask for these feels

thank you for the notes

this is actually what i envision it would be like, but what is the reality i have no clue

Attached: PictureofNDTandKatelyn-1.png (768x431, 260K)

I work as a Sales Engineer in enterprise tech and shit is so cash. This and pharma sales are truly the best places to be right now. None of the decision makers understand shit about tech cuz theyre old af, and if you build the trust and authority they'll just let you make the decision for them. My last sale was over $3 million dollars. Unironically, when blockchain b2b software becomes IT enterprise ready (some already are), this will bring so much money because it will both help and will be SO hard to fukken explain/understand, people will be just throwing money at you if you get a good proof of concept

Probably saves the business much more in the long run through efficiency.

Pay 2 people $65k a year to do the same thing as software and you’re losing money by comparison.

Software Engineer here. I need tips for finding clients and sales in general. I can make basically any software that one can conceive but need help making the jump to actually achieving sales.

Any tips? Willing to work for me for (large) commission only?

I do it. There are definitely still jock chads but fewer than in other industries. It's still very competitive, at least in the beginning, since the barrier to entry is low. Like most careers there are a handful of guys at the top that make bank and everyone else fights over the scraps. Overall I recommend it but only if you can handle stress/lack of job security. Most places you could be the best salesman ever but you have 2 bad quarters in a row and you're gone. I hardly know anyone in my field that hasn't been fired at least once.

I’ve been doing enterprise b2b tech sales for roughly 10 years. Average 250k a year across base/commission.

Specifically ERP systems to hyper growth pre-rev startups.

Work about 35 hours a week from home. Truly one of the best careers that not too many are aware of.

While making sales and software is a big part muchaho, finding an industry and a real problem is harder. My best tip for you to find an industry and/or identify a problem, go to a conference for that, see the competitors/meeting prospects and talk about their problems. That's 80% of lead generation, honestly. THis is the equivalent of "walk up to a business, look confidently in their hands and give them a strong eyeshake " that boomers did back in the day in their sales.
After you do that, sit down, get a demoable/POCable product that addresses your issue and come back to the conferecnes to get more meetings. Then just follow the meeting process: pitch -> demo -> questions -> requjiremetnts meeting -> architecture meeting -> questions -> negotiations -> negotiations x100 -> sign the contract
the caveat here is that you'll need to support your product after and during implementation, so by this point the hope is you have at least one other engineer that would help you with that
that's the gist. a typical low level enterprise tech software would be able to be produced within 6 months of really hard work of like 2-3 good engineers, preferably Java/Javascript web developers that know devops in Azure for ezpz cloud deployments
if you have an actual good idea, shoot me an email on [email protected]

^
I was kind of a spaghetti monster until I got into recruiting for a few years. Now I'm looking boomers in the penis and firmly shaking their eyes running my own business.

Appreciate the input. Unfortunately I don't have any ideas yet. Currently my "team" consists of my brother and I. We're both officially trained (4-year CS degrees from a state school) and personally trained from various projects that interested us. We both have a few years of experience as full-time software developers. We can do anything for software, but the business side is completely unknown to us.

Go to as many blockchain conferences/hackathons as you can. This is an emerging field for b2b enterprise tech sales, and people are trying to figure out what they're even building things like Ethereum for. It will be huge, no question about it. I'm personally going to ETHDenver Hackathon, going to pick upm some ideas there.

Thanks for the tips. It will take some effort since I live in a very rural area and any conference will definitely be at least 2 hours away from me

Wait what the fuck, you can work from home???? Is this typical? Do you still have to live near an office or can you live whereever you want?

Forgot to mention, there is no reason to ever go into work. Practically half the people in this field work from home, as well as everyone in the office leaving at 4, coming in at 9/10am on MTWTh, then usually leaving ~noon or 2 or Friday. Super lax schedule & location is one of the more appealing parts of the job. Plus you can visit cool places & drink a ton with cool people at cool businesses, all on the corporate card...

....Balancing it out, when you’ve got a hot deal, expect to be in the office/working 12 hours a day for potentially weeks. Pic related. But you don’t REALLY mind that, because you’ll get paid $5k-60k on that deal if it closes.

Attached: E17ABB70-3BB4-4F2E-9FA7-FF60BF1205F8.png (800x821, 682K)

What is the name of this thot? Do you think she made that pic for Chad? Why Chads can have all that georgeous guys? Incels are left with nothing than their own hands and prono nad prostitutes... why? It's natural to look for good looking partners, but girls were used to be objects back in the days, now they are still objects but for Chads.. why? I hate girls with big butt cause I can't have them... WHY AM I UGLY?

Did software b2b for a company in my city selling artificial intelligence products and services for people. Shit is so cash. Long term residuals plus large commissions. The only problem was dealing with taxes after losing 53.6%.

Ryan Atwood gave us manlets hope. What a fucking lie the world is.

Can you recommend any erp systems for a fast growth e commerce company

What is the name of this thot? Do you think she made that pic for Chad? Why Chads can have all that georgeous guys? Incels are left with nothing than their own hands and prono nad prostitutes... why? It's natural to look for good looking partners, but girls were used to be objects back in the days, now they are still objects but for Chads.. why? I hate girls with big butt cause I can't have them... WHY AM I UGLY?

Mischa Barton. She got really fat after the show then turned anorexic again. Chad is also shorter than her, something to consider.

OC was a shitfest because she was supposed to be considered "pretty"
he has no ass and looks like a skeleton

>Mischa Barton. She got really fat after the show then turned anorexic again. Chad is also shorter than her, something to consider.
I meant the second girl posted by the user at the beginning of the tread
the thot in fishnets

Curious about this