My old schoolfriend

who manages a hedge fund in NY, just asked me if I got rich "selling cryptos". He knows I used to have some BTC, years ago.

I did not get rich selling cryptos.

Attached: 6511e1350278733o5208[1].jpg (582x761, 33K)

Tell him yes, very rich, and weasel a high-paying consultant gig out of it. You’re welcome.

sounds he like he's just being petty and spiteful. why would he ask you this now (after bitcoin dumped 80%) instead of january or during the bubble

> everyone in 2017 laughed at me for being the bitcoin guy at the office
> bosses always made crypto jokes
> traded shitcoins throughout 2017
> made my way up from 8K to 330K by end of 2017
> everyone now asking me how to buy bitcoin
> same boss who constantly made fun of me and who i explained how blockchain works 20 times wants to give me $5k to invest (i made a thread about it and everyone luckily said no)
> due to inexperience, even though i traded throughout 2017 i for some reason decide to hold shitcoins
> watch it bleed down to my original $8K
> mfw it was all for nothing
> mfw everyone thought I made it
> mfw I could have taken that 330K and lived a different life but still wagecucking

does anyone else in here understand? guys?

No, I sold at the top. How you didn’t see the signals is beyond me.

>Tell him yes, very rich, and weasel a high-paying consultant gig out of it. You’re welcome.

Good idea, I never think of lying. SHIT.

>How you didn’t see the signals is beyond me.

Oh we all saw it. I made my friends sell, I told everyone to sell. But I was scared to sell, myself. WHAT IF IT KEEPS GOING.

why wouldn't you just sell as soon as it falls by like 10%?

if you have this kind of mindset
investment in general just isn't for you

>why wouldn't you just sell as soon as it falls by like 10%?

What? Then I'd have sold years ago, what are you talking about? How many times has bitcoin "fallen by 10%", fucking lol.

People like you are why we cant have nice things. You’re the reason why retail investors are considered a joke. Why didn’t you cash out at least some of it with a plan on the way up?

>mfw I could have taken that 330K and lived a different life but still wagecucking

Wtf you got too greedy

Attached: 1548598553997.jpg (220x229, 13K)

If you bought them a few years ago, you still must have done solid gains even after the 2018 bear year.

How did you manage to lose over 97%? Losing over 90% seems already like an achivement to me.

>If you bought them a few years ago, you still must have done solid gains even after the 2018 bear year.

Why "must I" have? How does that work? Give me a worked example of how my crypto finances "must have" progressed and panned out between, say, 2013/14 and now?

Not sure if you're trolling or not, but I'll humor you.

Because current BTC is over 3k per coin and if you purchased them previously years ago, you're still up pretty damn big if you just HEDL.

Of course if you're a miner, numbers may not be as great but you're still probably in the net green.

>If you bought them a few years ago, you still must have done solid gains even after the 2018 bear year.

>Why "must I" have?

>you're still up pretty damn big if you just HEDL.

That's different - yes, IF I just held then I'd have been up. But who the fuck does that? Do you think that HODLing BTC without touching it during all those years, is normal? Or even common? Or even, at all likely? As it happens, I got heavily involved with shitcoins and also made countless other mistakes last year, as well as putting in MORE FIAT at higher-than-2013 prices.

My story is common as fuck. There were a million ways to "lose everything" no matter how early you got in.

I have made crypto purchases at a number of points from November 2013 up until just yesterday. Overall I am currently 4% down on initial investment :)

This is primarily due to a small number of extremely big mistakes I made a various times which wiped out any gains.

Easily done! This is an extremely treacherous market. Noobs should be aware that even if there is another market-wide bullrun, there's absolutely no guarantee you'll make it. Not everyone can. In fact, most have to fail.

sounds not gr8 m8

Much worse than you think. There were some other reasons behind it all as well, but one way or another "most people" got severely BTFO. That's how markets work, after all.

>does anyone else in here understand?

yes, i went from 15k to 800k in 2017, now i'm back at 110k+ 30k cashed out. luckily i never outed myself as the "crypto guy" like you did, why would you ever do that? if crypto dies, you're a joke, if crypto moons, you get surrounded by gold diggers and "friends" that need money. also, how the fuck did you end up back at 8k? it's been 14 months now, have you never shorted or tethered up? have you never bought something that mooned afterwards like hot did recently? or bnb almost a year ago, or eos 10 months ago? it's like you bought deepbrainchain and dragonchain in the vaporware altcoin phase and just held for 13 months

>made 700k at the top of the bullrun
>made goyim friends buy the top of various shitcoins
>they bleed out
>laugh about them and flaunt my wealth in their faces
>invested the money into the family business
>now running a business that earns me 50k/month
>rub my hands like pic related

Attached: 97C0351D-EC81-4536-89E4-9D49FA2D13E1.jpg (501x504, 72K)

Oh okay, so you're a fucking idiot that can't get rich even when handed a slam dunk.

It sounds to me like you're rationalizing your brainletism and not being honest with yourself about what happened.

You're not a fucking day trader. You convincing yourself that you are lead to you losing a vast amount of wealth.

HODL isn't a meme you fucking idiot. Find hot prospects, buy them, hold them for X Number of years, sell them. It's that easy.