I was in a car accident last year going into my 3rd year of college...

I was in a car accident last year going into my 3rd year of college. I had to take a year off to recover and became disabled in some respects. For example, its difficult for me to use executive functioning, like keeping appointments, making phone calls, alot of anxiety etc. I havent gotten back to school yet due to medical care. Now the student loan company is asking me for monthly fees. I was a finance and accounting major if you're wondering. Btw im 100k in debt.

Am I certifiably fucked or is there any way I can get accommodations? All i feel is numbness. My mind is dissociating from reality.

what types of finance/computer jobs did you guys have in school?

Attached: Dmm28-0V4AA7qpV.jpg (1024x1024, 58K)

Does your insurance cover it?
If not, you are fucked.
You'll be working ten years just to service that loan.
You should try claiming disability checks if possible

>3rd year of college
>100k in debt
>what types of finance/computer jobs did you guys have in school?
enjoy the next 10-20, it's almost like prison, except you have to pay for it.

Attached: wagecuck.jpg (1280x720, 72K)

Go on disability and tell the loan jews to fuck off

yeah but I have alot of experience under my belt with internships and co-ops in investment firms more than the average college student with a finance undergrad degree. I unfortunately had to put my life on pause to focus on self care. Asa result, I havent taken part in academic and campus life for awhile now. My reality has been shaken up a bit. However, the student loan company cares little about this. I do have an option to defer my student loan payments until i go back to school, but this will obviously increase the interest.

I also may have an option to go on permanent disability but I feel guilty about it even though I am disabled in certain respects.

Go on disability through the school? or the loan company? I'm not currently working.

bump

>became disabled in some respect.
mentally disabled?

>I was in a car accident last year going into my 3rd year of college. I had to take a year off to recover and became disabled in some respects. For example, its difficult for me to use executive functioning, like keeping appointments, making phone calls, alot of anxiety etc.

What kind of accident this was? My friend was in a huge bus crash years ago returning from some skiing holiday with his family, he saw his mother crushed to pieces from some heavy paper roll carrying truck that had loose cargo at the moment when the bus and truck crashed and the heavy paper rolls entered the bus from the cargo crushing people inside. Like 20 people died in that crash.

My friend survived, but he also got lifelong disability in a sense that he could not keep a job, would forget everything constantly and could not really function anymore like going to an appointment. Same kind of stuff you describe.

I don't know what kind of insurance you have
but my friend had to fight the insurance companies for like 10 years. It took lots of neurologial testing but in the end the doctors told he had suffered brain damage from head trauma. This is in Europe so I don't know what kind of insurance policies you have in the states.

I would suggest you to get some opinion did you suffer some head trauma.

bumping for good karma since i have no idea how to help you.

final bump since op seems gone.

Sorry to hear about your friend. I had to go under double jaw surgery to fix my face and position of my jaw after the accident. What I forgot to mention is that I have also gotten unintended permanent surgery complications from that surgery. Which made my recovery that much more grueling. This includes permanent nerve damage on the lower third of my face, jaw discomfort/pain., etc.

I feel like i have a case for the trauma out of the surgery as well. I debated over suing my surgeon or the insurance company to at least accommodate a students expenses for the negligence during the operation. But I dont know how to take the initial first step.

you honestly sound like a little bitch. i have had epilepsy since I was 12 and i'm not on disability. can't remember shit? write it down. also you're dumb as fuck for spending 100k on college.

Yep. When I say i lost aspects of my executive functioning that means the ability to be punctual, make phone calls, make appointments prioritize, etc

As a college student, you can image that this is the last thing I wanted to lose. After my surgery I had permanent never damage on the lower third of my face. Not only do I feel mentally numb, but physically.

start looking into the process of hiring a lawyer and seeing if you have a case. I think some lawyers out there wont charge you unless they can get a settlement but not 100% sure. GL

you need to get a really good lawyer who isn't a kike

Thanks for your input user. I'd rather have epilepsy than be the victim of car crash desu. I don't want to play the disability Olympics.

Being about 100k in debt already is a challenge, yes. I had potential job opportunities/prospects that were there if it weren't for my medical leave.
Some things happen that are simply out of our control.

Thank guys

If you are still technically enrolled in a program the university may have legal council that it offers to its students which you can use to figure out how to navigate all this shit.

You're not disabled you fucking pussy. Go join the military and they will pay for most of your student loan, or there are programs for debt forgiveness for the entire amount. I found this out in 5 minutes...

Godspeed user