What went wrong?

>Smart Economy

Attached: Backtohongkong.png (1200x1200, 102K)

still actually the number two platform after ethereum, which is crazy and shows how fucked this market is right now

bad code foundation and lack of developers

basically, they have to start everything from scratch. and NEO forks occasionally, so it might be a problem in their code or a flaw of dBFT, but I'm not quite experienced to confirm that. what I do know, some of the best minds worked on Bitcoin consensus and I'm sure they carefully examined all possibilities before settling with PoW as best consensus mechanism

bitcoin used proof of work under the assumption that 1 cpu = 1 vote, they couldn't keep up with the impovements to mining tech though.

true proof of stake (i.e. what so far only ethereum is attempting to do) is the only other possible decentralized and secure consensus algorithm we know of, everything else compromises heavily on the intentions proof of work was used for.

>bad code foundation
I don't know about the other stuff you claimed but as a computer scientist working in software engineering I can tell you NEO has a better code foundation than ETH does. Specifically, they made a way smarter call just virtualizing the Common Intermediate Language which opens their platform up for use on dozens of languages with a high performance VM and compiler rather than trying to invent Solidity for no reason.

No marketing.

ethereum has the EVM. solidity is nothing special in terms of ethereum's infrastructure

Is this korean or jap

It's gonna pamp soon anyway. Likely more than most considering its fall relative to the top 10. Fundamentals mean nothing. Just ride the PND.

only ethereum? cardano have published a working PoS model

cardano's is mostly a copy of ethereums with some concessions. besides, we won't know about proof of stake's security until a large network actually uses it, and that means bitcoin or ethereum.

The cringe itt. NEO is dbft, a consensus invented by Eric, one of the founders of NEO. NEO cant fork and the problems its had in the past only knocked nodes out of sync and no not the important nodes, its still working fine and a fix is about to be deployed. NEO should be top 5 right now but this market gives zero fucks about the product and market makers are just drying up all the NEO they can to send it to $1000. Stay poor biz, NEO is $7 and is guaranteed to hit $1000. Every big mac you buy is $1000 right now

Chink scam.

1k, Delusional.
But I agree its being accumulated.

Smart Economy = Digital Assets + Digital Identity + Smart Contracts.

Antshares 1.0 was just a digital asset ledger. NEO 2.0 added smart contracts and a VM.

NEO did not add digital identity and so far that has been vaporware. Eric said in an AMA that Identity is a huge piece and too much work and that they'd only be starting researching it in Q3 2018. Da Hongfei said that identity would not be a core module (hint... this means that another project or community would be contributing it).

Identity instead got ignored and fanboys thought it didn't matter because TKY and ONT do it. But wait, NeoX for crosschain is also not implemented, so what the fuck, right?

Years in, a Smart Economy proof of concept isn't even possible because NeoID hasn't fully happened. That is what went wrong.

Instead, the developers are focusing on "enterprise scalability" of the VM. That's all cool, but it makes their solution (theoretically) no different from any other fast, shared, programmable ledger.

In short, NEO gave up on the Smart Economy because it is hard.

He did not invent dBFT. He just had a very early implementation and a belief in "good enough" decentralization + the importance of immediate finality.

>guaranteed to hit $1000
lmao. this chink scam can't even hit $10.

Anybody going to Devcon in Seattle?

But the number one platform is EOS, sweety

The NEO C# code base is passable, given that it was effectively written by only one guy (Erik).
The Western community build a huge load of good software around it, form the Python node and wallet implementation to all the code standards, token contracts and wallets. There's also lots of marketing and more events.

Why it went to shit is because Da hardly did any management of it afterwards and they didn't develop the protocol further and take years longer than promised to decentralize.
The tldr is that he's not just rich as fuck (billions) but also knee deep in other more effective projects and spinoffs, such as Ontology, and in general just $$$$$$ without having to deliver. Basically yes, there's no autistic personal like Vitalik behind it and hardly any incentive to actually make it good. What they do is throwing money in Western and now also Chinese devs groups and hope they will keep the interest up. Somewhat scammy, if you ask me.

Attached: bdom.jpg (1000x1000, 187K)

This too. Hongfei doesn't run NEO any more, he only oversees it occasionally.

NEO and ONT are just PND scams they keep running, so that they can PND on everyone when the next bull market comes.

Attached: neo.jpg (364x520, 84K)

Where does NKN stand in all this

Pretty much. Even CoZ is slowly moving to their own chains and distancing from NEO. It's fucking retarded given what they could have done with it if they were a bit less scammy.

One of their worst PND's. Bad timing P with all the D.

Will PND in future though.

Attached: fund1.png (1811x871, 76K)

Their "marketing" girl just went on expensive flights around the world. They did almost no digital marketing.

Shes gone now though. Good riddance.

Attached: cat5.jpg (603x686, 116K)

Ontology supply is still in hands of developers and hasnt attracted the businesses they wanted. NEO Devcon 2 is coming up and hopefully this is the last year of development before adoption otherwise they wasted YEARS only to be overtaken. I still think NEO is the best bet in crypto for all-ins and hopefully Devcon 2 changes everyones opinions

1 neo = 1 Beach house

*Blocks ETH,NEO,XLM,EOS path*

Attached: holo.jpg (1024x576, 55K)