Is this book good reading for a programmer autist or is it a meme?

Attached: 813cb0CcJ5L.jpg (1412x2345, 447K)

has reading books worked for you in the past? or were a lazy sack of shit who avoids actually facing your problems. find a good therapist that pushes you out of your comfort zone. best investment i ever made.

There's a reason why it's so highly recommended

It's a good book.
Combine approaches for max benefit.

yes? I read a lot of economics and software books

>influence people
I'm already so manipulative, I sometimes get sad at what I managed to cause to other people.
Will this book cure my manipulation disease?

How did you found one? I need to train conversational skills and have no clue where I can do it without causing massive discomfort to random people.

Books is hot garbage for anything other than learning how to move up the corporate ladder.

Lmao imagine thinking this
The "corporate ladder" you're climbing was created by a dude who read books.

i forgot what i googled but it was something like social skills coach and there was a good one in my area. also recommend a good CBT therapist to fix broken negative thought patterns.

it is all about practicing though. for that try a bunch of things like Toastmasters, improv classes, meetup.com groups

I meant to say that this particular book is hot garbage. Although, once you reach a general understanding of a skill, most books are indeed hot garbage.

Book should be renamed “how to kiss ass in the corporate word.”

Works pretty good for getting along with your wife too. I liked it.

essentially it boils down to focusing on the person in front of you

It's pretty bad, really. Common sense stuff like "smile!", "be nice to people", and "don't be mean to people". Get a good book on body language and public speaking and practice, practice, practice.

all self-help books are a meme, you are the only one that knows how to improve yourself

so what? If it works for higher salary and position why not

Some of us need that reminder to take a step back and not be a dick sometimes, especially when the person you're dealing with is being a dick.

This book is much better. Red pilled.

Attached: 48laws.jpg (300x300, 12K)

Can confirm. Include The Prince if you feel you want to know a bit extra as well

It could work, but it could also get you killed.

I'm a social person so for me most of this stuff was common sense but if you're an autist I can see it benefiting you. Also it's only about 100 pages so just read it you lazy fuck

it's like buying a fitness & diet book from a fat person

It's old, all that stuff is common knowledge now. Unless you're an alien, robot, or maxed out autist nothing in it will help you.

How exactly will "Never outshine the master" and "appeal to people's self-interest instead of begging" going to get you killed?

2/49
Keep going.

Yeah I just finished The Prince a few days ago actually. It's a surprisingly easy read and only about 100 pages.

I've read the book. You don't have to do all of the things to get power. You can also use the knowledge to see when others are trying to overpower YOU

You are now ready to do what you must to rule a renaissance Italian city-state

When I was 16-17 years old I was re-reading this one out loud and re-writing it until I completely memorized it. I am not even autistic.
I inherited this thinking so well that I have no reason to ever go to Jow Forums or to argue about politics to understand what is happening. Give me a few local headlines and I know everything about the country.
Also I naturally understand marketing and game theory and accidentally reinvent many principles of both before knowing that they exist. And golddigging whores never ever surprised me once.

I want to sickburn you so bad, but given three op I'll instead ask you for a good book on game theory for pleas like me.

Did I have a fucking stroke?
*I want to sickburn you so bad, but given the op I'll instead ask you for a good book on game theory for plebs like me.

Its perfect for autists so they can function like real people

I always felt like I was a touch autistic. I was from before the time where everyone is autistic though, so they gave me Ritalin and I would get into fights a lot.

I have no idea. I am broke, my life was in ruins starting from my very childhood.

Like a good will hunting type deal?

Now this, this is an excellent book. You will learn something in every paragraph throughout the hundreds of pages.

That's one way to look at it. A different way to say the same thing: "being diplomatic costs you absolutely nothing and pays endless dividends"

Self help books are no different than stock gurus or life coaches. They give very vague and general advice mainly for the purpose of appealing to the masses and selling the most product. It's a quick rich scheme for the author

SeeThe book is fairly specific about the behaviors it recommends modifying. Some people are very good at it naturally, just like how done people put on muscle easily; the rest of us need Dale Carnegie and Arnold Schwarzenegger (encyclopedia of modern bodybuilding).

It's not being diplomatic though. I've read the book. It should be renamed how to be a beta kiss ass. The book is for teaching omegas how to be beta and suck up to alphas. Nothing in that book teaches anything that could be remotely considered alpha behavior. It's all kissing ass.

And imo kissing ass worked well back when the book was written in the 1930s because men had honor and morals. These days it's the perfect way to get taken advantage of while getting nothing in return because people have gotten ruder and ruthless nig culture is on the rise.

>kike with a couch
Yeah, that's totally what you need in life, some faggot to program you for maximum NPC level retardation.

Maybe it's not as appealing to employees. I guess i could see that... It's definitely helped me with my own customers though.
Working with a difficult customer takes more aikido than kung fu, if you still want the sale.

I don't know. Maybe. I barely remember the plot. It's a sad movie, isn't it?

IMAGINE BEING A CRACKER AND NEEDING A FUCKING BOOK TEACHING YOU HOW TO BE A FUCKING NORMAL SOCIAL HUMAN BEING!!! HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

CENTURIES OF GENOCIDE AND THEFT HAS LED TO THIS. CRACKERS DONT KNOW HOW TO BE HUMAN.

He ends up banging some English chick on Robin Williams advice. Perfect ending desu!

the bible is also highly recommended, but it's still dogshit

There's no chapter in the book for dealing with niggers, because there's absolutely no benefit to it. Sorry dude.

That's an amazing free thinking radical opinion you got there user

Attached: 1547602215318.png (500x704, 165K)

If you're in sales it works well because the book teaches you how to kiss ass and that's what you need in sales. I hate sales though you have to put on such a fake show and be a cuck. "the customer is always right" would make me was to kms because many customers are room temperature IQ and dealing with stupid people is Infuriating
In any sort of higher level corporate ladder maneuvering this book is useless because you'll get walked all over and get nothing in return.

it works but you'll likely realize you don't like people.

I'm run my own small business, so I think I'm being agreeable in a different way than you're describing. What you're describing sounds a bit like art of war not working on people who've read art of war.

Unrelated (sort of), 59 Seconds: Think a Little, Change Alot is like a modern evidenced based version of How to Win Friends.

Yeah, it helped me. IT aspie here who was always really bad at small talk and just making feel comfortable around me in general.

I recommended it to my friend who is in sales and is naturally friendly / sociable, and he thought it was pointless because everything the book talks about comes natural to him.

See, I was someone in between. People liked me and felt comfortable around me (I guess I'm a bit magnetic actually), but I was still the quiet nice guy. It does help clarify the behaviors needed to bust through that and be dynamic in a directed and constructive way.

Ding ding ding

>It's not being diplomatic though. I've read the book. It should be renamed how to be a beta kiss ass. The book is for teaching omegas how to be beta and suck up to alphas. Nothing in that book teaches anything that could be remotely considered alpha behavior. It's all kissing ass.
This book is about forming relationships/friendships.
Alphas aren't people who generally form relationships with other people. Instead, they lead and maintain superiority. That's why people say it's lonely at the top.
Anyway, there is no advice in the book that tells you to be passive. What they tell you to do is to talk to people about things that THEY'RE interested in, rather than what you're interested in. Because no one gives a fuck about you.

Carnegie
Art of War
Art of seduction
The Prince
Trump's books
Thiel 0 to 1

Wouldn't even call them a redpill. Rather fundamental mandatory knowledge before you even consider to making it.
Also Jow Forums + Jow Forums + Jow Forums

Unironically read pic related before you get into some more serious self-help books, especially if you're self conscious, which is a form of entitlement.

Attached: this-book-teaches-you-how-not-to-give-a-fck-the-right-way-740x400-2-1501583670.jpg (500x657, 29K)

That book is just shit. How old are you seriously? The book is full of commonsense gibberish, that is the ultimate normie book for the sheep.

Upvoted

Of course it's common sense gibberish.
But you're assuming that people have this common sense.
The book is very good at explaining stuff that IS obvious, but sometimes is hard to understand when you experience it in your own head.

way to long and kinda this read this it is enough, if you understand it you will never be bothered by anything ever again

Attached: The_Enchiridion.png (1870x5404, 899K)

This book is 90% common sense. However, Carnegie presents almost all of it through interesting anecdotes and relatable stories, that will help you remember the information better. Also, you'll be reminded of it in real-life situations, since the anecdotes in the book are so relatable.

You might already "know" all the information, but nobody was ever hurt by getting a refresher of common sense.

9/10, I'll probably read it again on a plane ride or something.

Attached: tenor.png (640x604, 237K)

I know all about this book and books on how to seduce women, but whenever I'm in a real life situation my brain switches to autistic mode and everything goes wrong.

well thats why I work as a programmer in the first place...
This is what I need, I don't need a "super management book" just to learn to not be a super autist

I thought calling each other autistic is a meme. I need to re-evaluate my self-image. And rewatch this movie. Thanks fren I guess
I concur. Archaic grammar and language might leave a more powerful impression in memory, might shape behavior better and faster. Just need to make sure that it is based and redpilled, not some medieval schizophrenia.
Pajeetish grammar might traumatize and be remembered forever, it can strongly shape behavior too.

But are you rich?

Lmao

no

It teaches to deal with people. And how to get what you want from them.

So lets propose a "real alpha male" that everyone has here in mind. Like compelty jacked, 6 feet tall and 10/10 facial asthethics.
But if you actually go outside you see that the vast majority of people are just ordinary and dont match that "chad" persona. Ordinary people like they are rather everywhere: DMV, post office, mechanic etc. Or if you have customers/clients of whatever you do. These people will be rather intimidated by someone like that, bc its rather to good to be true. These "ordinary" people spend their complete life mastering the skill "sozialising" - they immideatly smell any bullshit. And you dont want to people that have some power over you , or people that you want a favor of them to be intimiated by you.

Maybe you could grind social interactions and level it up.
Like... Your first bit is go do whatever spergs do now instead of pokemon and yugioh and you practice talking to them, making eye contact etc. until you feel confident that all the spergs there are completely beneath you in social ability.
Then you move up to... I dunno, maybe D&D?

One thing I remember user suggesting was going to coffee shops where old people hang out and watching them work because a lot of them have real social skills from another era plus added to that they know how to confidently approach strangers for a conversation when they know the stranger doesn't want to talk to them.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 121K)

pursue enlightenment, everything else will come later

Attached: 2019-02-03 10.50.32.png (540x959, 94K)

blackmail works equally as well.

I've read it several times through (Carnegie explicitly tells you to do this) and can say it has definitely given me a good boost in my ability to be likable by my NPC coworkers. It really won't mean shit for you unless you both internalize many of the principles/techniques that Carnegies espouses, but also actually engage with people and analyze your successes/failings with them based on these principles. Its a nice book to come back to, and you can always use its teachings in new social realms e.g. I'm hoping to apply some of my newfound social gains in the realm of making new friends and picking up women.

Attached: terry_dance.gif (300x424, 2.56M)

what am I looking at here.

Its retarded Machiavellian that unless you've already been deceiving people your whole life and are good at it, people will see coming a mile away.

Then sell to people who are smart. Sell software, high end real estate/cars. People will be smarter or just more bold either way more interesting than retards coming in wanting a new Chevy truck/200k house

You're just projecting your asshole personality.

everything is a meme

i went to an improv class on friday and misunderstood the rules of the game. i sperged and said i misunderstood - during the scene - in front of 15 people. so at the pub after every person i spoke to came up and said 'ah, is this your first time?"

ive done plays for 6 years

this was supposed to help me get my confidence back Jow Forums what happened

You are still poor loser! Leaving biz forever, thanks

You can literally find all the info summarized for free in a brief article online. Save yourself time and just read that.

It might help you get better at manipulating them.

So plays are much different than improv you goddamn retard. You literally have lines already written vs making it all up.

So it’s your first time.

If I am a car racing pro and crash in the airplane race I only feel like an idiot for thinking they were the same in the first place

Everything Robert Greene writes is just a collection of conflicting memes he presents as powerful, hidden knowledge. Fun book, but if you seriously think it offers quality advice you’re both a sociopath and a brainlet.

>He doesn’t know The Prince was written as satire.

Look it up. Never gonna make it, user.

> He unironically believes the “alpha through sheer dominance and intimidation” meme.

Kys, incel cuck faggot

>this dood
It absolutely was not. He wrote it as a gift in an attempt to buy his way back into Florence where he was exiled from.

Too bad the book wasn't "How to Lynch Subhumans and Influence Real People."

>being shy is a form of entitlement
Imagine being so retarded that you don't even know how to use simple buzzwords properly.

Plays, improv, and standup comedy are all three very different kinds of performances. Don't worry about it. A lot of performers can do 1 or 2, but not all 3.

This is a good start desu senpai.

Attached: triggered_incels.png (140x205, 41K)

Satire presented as a gift to the Medicis, which made it even better satire. Satire isn't necessarily intended to be funny. Some commentators have went so far as to say he actually intentionally gave counterproductive advice in the hope that the Medicis would follow it so they would fail and be overthrown to re-establish the Republic. It was a fucking 100 page shitpost troll of the people in power at the time. Now "redpilled" brainlets read it as serious.

That sounds a bit like a s o y revision of the rather straight forward history of the text, similar to the far left re-interpretations of Nietzsche (mumbles are very adverse to seeing themselves as the "last man"), but I'll take a look at the theory.

*numales are very averse to seeing themselves as the "last man"