What is it like to own property?

What is it like to own property?
I make 3k a month and have 40k in savings. All I want is a house of my own. I feel like I'm in an awkward place where I could buy little things I want but I'll never be able to afford big important things.

Attached: alien.jpg (1528x860, 200K)

You could always take debt out if your income is stable

>40k in savings
Wtf user that's more than enough for a down payment on a house

*forgot to mention im canadian

You're fucked then

where is that alien from. it is anatomically very similar to my encounter, the structure of the face is similar but the eyes, mouth, skin color is wrong. they can teleport between dimensions, and time.

>being a debtslave for 20+ years

it's great. Fuck renting.
You feel responsible for shit in a good way. Like, you can improve your surroundings and take pride in your environment and actually INVEST in a way which wouldn't make sense if you rented. Life changing.

Feels pretty solid desu. I’m not a part of a home owners association either, which is for cucks btw, so I’m the king of my own fucking castle and do whatever the fuck I want here. Property taxes are low as fuck in my part of Florida, no state income tax. It’s pretty comfy bud. Only things that suck are taxes, insurance, and unexpected repairs. But it’s not too bad and beats flushing money down the toilet by renting

I bought my first home in Canada when I was 23. Only needed 5% down.. I live in ns .. bought a place for 185k. Just had my 5 year renewal a few months back. Feelsgoodman. You take more pride in your neighborhood. My advice would be consider moving out of huge cities like Toronto or Vancouver.. get some bang for your buck. 40k is more than enough for a tasty downpayment and associated costs of buying.

hell yes I couldn't imagine some housewives telling me to mow my lawn or whatever. That being said I'm in a semi historical neighborhood so I can't do things like build a garage or some other minor things.

Still pretty great and a decent tradeoff to live in a decent city.

Bought my house at 22, 25 now. I very much like (((owning))) vs. renting. But I do wish I bought a bigger house, as I have a wife and an infant now. Buying a 2 bedroom house is my only regret, other than that I love it.

move to a non communist country

Yeah exact same situation here. Baby is 1 now.. will upsize in 2 years time. But it was a good fit for a long time so fuck it

I will say that it also helps if you’re handy. I’m a plumber by trade, but being able to replace doors, install fans/lighting, patch drywall, tiles, etc. saves a lot of money.

Those all seem like things you could do after a 10 minute youtube video.

>doesn’t know his own mind and body are his property
>wonders why the state fucks him over for victimless crimes

DIY videos often hide the critical steps.

You never really own property. You rent it from the government via property taxes.

for the most part yes, it can be done from that, but it won’t be done well. Certain tricks of the trade(s) can only be learned by working with/around other tradesmen for years.

>I feel like I'm in an awkward place where I could buy little things I want but I'll never be able to afford big important things.
Are you me?
I'm grossing more than 60k per year but can't afford somewhere to live other than renting some apartment like a cuck. I'm able to shop around for cars and shit I want, but the house isn't happening yet.
Looking at tax rates and local property prices it appears I have to be making more like 100k-120k per year gross to be able to afford a house without it killing too large of a chunk of my money each month. This is crazy.

Don't fall for the big house meme.

I have four beds, four baths, and three living rooms, our kids hang around us and drive us nuts no matter which room were.in.

Do it man
I make like $1,700 AUD a fortnight and recently bought a $415k home, with a 20% deposit to beat mortgage lenders insurance. You will find it infinitely harder to save money and may well lose money over the first few years. Things are expensive though (at least where I live), let me give you some examples of things that are putting financial pressure on me at the moment:

>termite treatment will cost around $6k
>fixing my entire back fence will cost around $10k
>getting my hot water system replaced after it burst and flooded my first floor on Christmas day cost me $3k
>getting carpets replaced will cost $6k, even after hustling it down from $10k over the course of 14 months
>fixing the rusted post on my outside deck will cost $1k
>repaving my backyard will cost $4k
>replacing the pool pump and fixing its fucking issues will cost me $6k, if it doesn't mean having to excavate or fill the entire fucking thing and start again, which will cost me easy $20k
>fixing my pool fence, which is a legal requirement, will cost around $2k
>fixing my aircon will cost me about $1k

That's like well over $20k alone within my first 7 months of shit I'll have to pay / have payed, at best case scenario. Make sure you have 6 months of living expenses saved up before you buy your house, after all house / settlement costs are payed (add 10% extra to that for trouble costs).

Good luck man, still feels infinitely better than sinking it into some fucking landlord's pockets.

Attached: bonitis.jpg (768x1024, 558K)

I have 50k USD in savings and I make 4k USD a month before taxes and I can't even come close to affording a house, even in a cheap area like South Carolina. Even if I used all my money on a down payment, I'd still have to spend 90% of my after tax income on the mortgage/property taxes/utilities and 10% on food. I'd be completely broke every single day.

They don’t want you buying houses now. Wait until there’s an exchange for BTC to Real Estate.

Where I work (inland nsw) houses are like 150k aud, my idea is to buy one and use it as a leverage (idk if it works in Australia) and hopefully a 1 (or 2) bedroom n apartment in Melbourne

T. Yuropoor

Selling my house to a boomer ATM. He's going to rent it out I imagine. Getting out of this scam and living with mommy. If you approach the subject delicately with thots you can still get laid. They love that blunt honest shit. Anyway my house was in a shit neighborhood and I gained 100k since I bought at the bottom of the housing crash. Going to buy the crypto dip with it and eat comfy home cooked meals by mommy.