Honestly this bear is horrible and all, I've lost hundreds of thousands and I'm still hodling like a retard

Honestly this bear is horrible and all, I've lost hundreds of thousands and I'm still hodling like a retard.

BUT I've learned a LOT about markets, market cycles, risk management, investing and money management.

TL;DR:
>when fucking cab drivers and cringy normalfags college students start talking about something, GET OUT
>if it is mooning, and you want to buy in because it seems like it will keep going up, it's usually TOO LATE
>when you're up 10000% or even 100% in a year and the bull seems to be getting weak, SELL
>when all hope is lost and almost no one even talks about moons or bulls, BUY

Actual oldfags and good traders please correct me if I'm wrong.

Attached: 1544468622954.jpg (1080x1080, 313K)

Pretty based imo.

with wisdom like this, the market is your buffet.

Seems dead on. Also point out that some coins have decentralized stable coins you can sell to without ever having to touch fiat.

>when all hope is lost and almost no one even talks about moons or bulls, BUY
this one is a meme. this was true pre internet but now it's not

>>when you're up 10000% or even 100% in a year and the bull seems to be getting weak, SELL
As a newbie who is looking to learn, I don't get this one. If I double my investment, let's say go from $10000 to $20000, you're telling me I should sell all my shares?

you don't make money unless you sell you tremendous faggot.

>>when fucking cab drivers and cringy normalfags college students start talking about something, GET OUT
this only applies to degenerate bubble ponzis like Bitcoin

when normies start talking about anything else, like starting to talk about Facebook in 2008, that's when you should start getting bullish.

so no, your experience unfortunately doesn't generalize to any other market except other ponzi bubbles (if you are lucky enough to see another one in your lifetime)

Attached: 1545245636255.png (1019x640, 51K)

Accurate.

>>when fucking cab drivers and cringy normalfags college students start talking about something, GET OUT
thank sir u seem intelugiant seling my goggle and amezon stoks since 2005

don't talk about crypto in public unless it's technical stuff to another crypto nerd
otherwise you'll put a target on your back or lose brain cells

also if you talk about bitcoin in public
family and friends will assume you're rich even if you never held much and never sold
I've talked about it but still live like a poorfag because I never want to work again
no I'm not lending you money or investing in your house flipping venture

Real big boy financial analyst here.

>true
>wrong. Buy low sell high is a false ideal, trend following is all about buying high and selling higher. If you buy low you are by definition buying against the downtrend which means the probabilities are against you.
>Half true. Forget about any numbers. Forget about goals in general. If you are even just 1% up and the trend looks weak, get out. Numbers don't mean anything when there are millions of other trades you could be doing.
>not necessarily but if what you mean is that specifically, the public (aka dumb money) is not talking about it then yes but not on its own. You should have some kind of analysis that says it should go up.

>degenerate bubble ponzis
You mean something like your ego?

he means like pot stocks which were hot last summer and all college students and boomers talked about think of tilray rush

also 3d printer stocks before that bubble

and bio stocks bubble b4 that etc etc

this market turned me homosexual

>hurr dur Im so wise
You dont know shit. You dont even trade real markets

Attached: 1484093320123.jpg (1175x1248, 131K)

Attached: ArtisticScholarlyKillifish-small.gif (445x250, 1.24M)

I meant like buying stock.

Of course Google/Amazon/Facebook have been mainstream for years, but you NEVER heard normies preaching others about buying stocks because "it will make everyone rich".

honestly, the biggest indicator is the chart. When you see the price increasing directly upwards on a log chart, it’s time to sell. Look at the last bubble and you see it goes from 0 degrees (flat) up and up and up until it’s forming a 90 degree angle straight up. That’s how you know it’s time to sell.

If you look at your portfolio, and you get this giddy feeling inside that tells you, "oh jeez! I may never have to work again!" then you need to sell. It is the mark of a good investor to be hopeful when others are depressed and paranoid when others are euphoric. It goes against every tenet of human pattern recognition to buy low and sell high. Psychos make good investors because you literally have to turn every fiber of yourself against your emotion. If anything, listen to your intuition, your instinct. It takes a lot of willpower to listen to your instinct, because you feel like you are acting on impulse, but it is simply a decision that you have been debating for days in your subconscious.

youre a retard whos never seen an investment go to zero. you can lose everything its not a video game.