Had an idea for a piece of software

>had an idea for a piece of software
>proposed it as a class project, wrote 99% of the code on it
>word gets to us that investors are interested, teachers start putting me in touch with people
>excited to start a company, run a business, put my name on something I created
>lawyer recommends minority female partner on the project who contributed jack shit receives ownership so that my brainchild can be flaunted around as the project of a le minority woman in tech entrepreneur and receive more government funding/tax benefits

Is this really the way the world works? I thought it was a meme

Attached: 1521402070055.jpg (550x550, 81K)

Nice made up story faggot

This is unironically happening to me right now and I'm hoping the 5% of this board who aren't just cryptoautists can give legitimate legal advice on how not to get completely cucked

say no. be your own man

or just get some knee pads

Which country? This makes a big difference. In some places this might actually be good advice. By give ownership how much are we talking about?

Attached: 10E7F3D1-FC1F-4CF2-9615-35B0CD7382FF.jpg (400x326, 20K)

USA
Just making her the majority shareholder from what I understand, if I do this stupid shit I'm not letting her get more than 51%

>receive more government funding/tax benefits
I was onboard with your viewpoint until this. If your company would greatly benefit from the funding/tax benefits, then it is irrational to not do this.

Companies can't survive just on great ideas and legwork. You also have to play the system right. Perhaps you can think of the funding/tax benefits as her contribution, and accordingly limit her ownership rights commensurate with that contribution.

just give her 15% to be the pretty face

>lawyer recommends
Then don't. Unless he has investors lining up to offer you more value than you'd be giving up, give up 0 value.

Get a lawyer. NOW.
Not even fucking joking. Don't even waste any more time reading replies itt after you see this.

>class project
>teachers

How old are you? I thought you had to be 18 to be a director.

so badically some lawyer runs your already failed company while you sit on Jow Forums talking to aspergers

In an off chance, does the lawyer practice judaism?

The lawyer is trying to rob you so he can rob her stupid ass later. Say no and be a man.

OP, are you retarded?

Some boomer wageslave gives you advice to give away ownership of your company for free?

And you’re thinking of taking this advice?

Thank you anons.

I didn't even think about this. OP your lawyer is anti white, their career exists to cut you off. Get a personal lawyer NOW.

Yes.
I built a killer app for learning management systems.
Took on a badly disabled engineer as a practicum student.
Had to let disabled engineer "explain" the app so that .he could get his degree.
University was so proud that the disabled engineer did something that they wrote a front page article claiming he built the app (that was in the wild years before he started the practicum).
Our PR department ran with it.
Situation was out of control and I had to eat a consolation bonus so that we could continue using the disabled person of colour in future projects.

It is not a meme.

Yes but you didn’t give away your ownership to the disabled person. That is pretty key.

If it's a software product, just incorporate in no tax/low tax jurisdictions (cayman, panama, hong kong, etc). Then none of these stupid tax benefits/govt funding BS matters and you will be able to keep all your money.

>Is this really the way the world works?
No, nice larp though

NO FUCKING RETARD, ITS YOUR FUCKING PROJECT, IF YOU FUCKING SUCEED THAT SHITTY STUPID WOMAN IS GOING TO TAKE ALL YOUR MONEY. YOUR PROYECT, YOUR NAME, YOUR OWNERSHIP. DONE.

Record everything, make sure you have proof you're the one who made it. Get your own lawyer too. Thy might try to fight you so that they can gain control. Watch out for basedboy judges who want to reward minority leeches. Always have hard physical evidence you're right.

Just be grateful that you’re actually getting an education. Uncommon in schools these days.

I wagied for a company until they pulled this shit. The woman was the wife of one of the partners. NEVER work for a woman.

Wow, wrote basedboy and phone corrects it to basedboy. Fucking phone is cucked already.

Don't listen to the lawyer, simple as that.

The fuck Jow Forums changes onions. Boy. To basedboy? What have they done to this place?

Pretty much same thing happens when bidding on government contracts. They're more favorable to companies that have minority status. You'd have private companies that subcontract minority status companies so they can bid on contracts with their minority status. After they get the contract they either dump the minority company or refuse to dole out any work for them.
Like it or not, there's money in minorities.

holy fuck
why are they trying to cuck us so hard?

Lol

>claim ownership
>ask second party to provide proof they participated
>drop out second party
>claim full ownership
>profit
is that simple

Unfortunately this user is right on the money, these small sacrifices some times need to be made for a "greater good" although im with you on it perpetuating the culture of letting these women get an easy pass on life. Just strive to work hard for yourself and feel comfortable you can rely solely on your intellect in life and can be a contributor to the system instead of gaming it and other unfortunate individuals.

>more government funding/tax benefits
If you're a black/Native American lesbian veteran with a disability, you're in high demand to sit on a board. They are also, be if course, aware of this and easily manipulated.
Your lawyer is shrewd. Like sharpness in a knife, it is at once necessary, useful, and dangerous.

The advice I'd give you? Someone is recommending you turn over control of your property to a third party in order to become beholden to the government. That sounds like a terrible idea to me. Does that sound like a good idea to you?

Fuck the lawyer, honesty. They don't know how to run a business, they only know how to save face. Don't give some moron equity just for SJW points, that is a recipe for failure

this is the big thing to me, pride aside I can understand the pragmatism behind it if it's done in the correct way but I actually wanted to sell a product that would turn a profit, not just shill for gibs which is what it seems like all these fucking startup people are really trying to do

>Like sharpness in a knife, it is at once necessary, useful, and dangerous.
Take it easy, Confucius.

This

Fuck all of that what you should do is take your idea and put it on the blockchain. Move to Malta and start an ico then give yourself 90% of the supply. Pay some people in discord to shill biz and reddit on it and then pump it slightly to make it seem like there's volume. THEN DUMP ON EVERYONE HAHAHAHA

Newfag sóybóy

Attached: shutitdown.jpg (408x632, 32K)

Just let her have it dude. You don't know how much harder you have to work as a women instead of a man.

Fuck the jew lawyer and the cunt roastie. It's YOUR project. I wouldn't let any cunt take ownership of my project. Also get your own lawyer to go through all of it and only make a decision AFTER that like many anons are saying.

the lawyer is fucking your minority female partner

Just give her a 15% stake. Cofounders don't have to have equal shares. It's very common for there to be a primary founder and then lesser secondary founders that come on later.

Commercial lawyer user here. Terrible possibly negligent advice. You can be cut out of the company at any point as she will have majority voting rights. You could literally lose everything.

Keep her on as an employee in some capacity and give her an important sounding title that means fuck all, if you want to play the minority card. This option actually sickens me though- you will compromise your own integrity and the credit that is due to you will be given to the girl.

Do not give her any equity in the company whatsoever.

Fire the lawyer asap.

If you have a quality product the work will speak for itself. Furthermore, the fact that investors are interested means there will probably be no need for government gibs.

Put her on "the board" or some shitty fake position. Do NOT give her any ownership. These people want you exterminated, they will not hesitate to destroy you.

It is and you just made this greentext up

Sounds like a bad deal for short term diversity PR. You won't come out on top if you hand over the keys to your kingdom.

The grants/tax breaks/PR are short term benefits. In the long term, she reaps the benefit, while you will be forced to watch from the sidelines.

Don't be stupid. Take pride in your work and stand behind your product. Don't let your lawyer for some bitchass bimbo take credit, money and fame for doing nothing.

Do not agree to any of this.

>Just making her the majority shareholder from what I understand
what the fuck is wrong with americans
your lawyer is literally a commie trying to push his leftist anti-racist agenda by empowering undeserving shitskins like that. You get literally nothing out of it and the probability of you being accused of rape and forced to step down out of any position in the company exponentiates when you do that, especially when its a majority stake. The MOST you should do is hire her as a regular employee and even then you're taking too much risk

It's extremely bearish how many brainlets are still on biz.

>this is the big thing to me
Your gut says it's wrong. Go with your gut.

don't fuck up your business by giving her ownership. she'll steal your fucking money.

maybe come to a compromise - have her involved or some shit

Just go with it and make money you retard. Plenty of right wing companies do this shit for the tax benefits.

make sure you never have below 51% ownership

>teachers start putting me in touch with people

If they know industry big wigs, they wouldn't be teachers. Most likely, they're running some sort of racket with investment companies like they do with text books with publishers.

>>lawyer recommends minority female partner on the project who contributed jack shit receives ownership s
fuckt that.
Give her onbly what she actually deseves. Do shit get shit.

Attached: 15490783702516201999160065055350.png (1024x407, 299K)

say no. lawyer cannot do jack shit user. YOU WROTE 99% of the code. you can document it. if you get less money then so be it. DO NOT SELF KEK. FUCK THOSE LEFTIST FAGGOTS.
>welcome to the right user

This is how the world works and it affects all fields now. Let her take credit for all your work and get 20% of the profits so you can increase your shot at sales. Would you rather be anonymous but rich or have your name on something obscure? Just find some thot to make rich.

jesus fuck user, do not give away your work. you will regret it forever. she will fuck you and slap you to the fucking curb within 5 years.

you are a complete fuckwit. giving away your work and ownership in your idea & work is fucking stupid as fuck. kys

No fucking way you make her majority shareholder. Fuck that lawyer. Hire a thot to help sell in exchange for a minority stake, maybe. Otherwise this lawyer is telling you to cuck yourself for a SJW agenda.

>lawyer 'reccomends'

So it's nothing at all. Talking about shit like this is some financial law, shut the fuck up and get on with what you're doing.

if you give her 51%, then you're not the owner anymore. do you want to gift someone your business? ridiculous advice.

She bought out your lawyer it's as simple as that, don't listen to another word of advice that simple piece of shit lawyer or noncontributing whore has something to say. You own it, don't you dare give it to anyone who isn't giving you money for your rights, if you do you're a complete fucking retard, don't dox yourself user. Get a new lawyer and do whatever you need to do to buy out her rights and kick her off of the team, then keep developing the project until you are rich. Don't fall for the trap, good idea's get funding whether they have a minority or not, don't fuck yourself over please, just get rid of the girl and keep building, even if you don't get as much money now, you'll get so much more later and not want to kill yourself because, you gave up your ownership rights. THIS IS NOT HOW THE WORLD WORKS, THIS IS HOW YOU GET MANIPULATED INTO BEING A STUPID BROKE ASS KEK, DON'T DOX YOURSELF, DON'T DO IT!

This is a bait thread and you all fell for it, lol.

Lmao this

Attached: IMG_20190128_140005.jpg (720x960, 74K)

For what is your software?

I don't know shit about coding but I've seen more than a few stories of people putting in some sort of extra code that terminates the project and makes it unusable after x amount of time. You could do that.

Women have eggs for now. Soon we will have the eggs and grow babies in our testicles.

Soon brother.

Attached: c6b.png (1000x1000, 177K)

Just tell them to fuck off and do your thing on your side.

If you truly believe that this is your brainchild and your project, Don’t make her the majority of anything no matter what you do.

Fake

I got a comment fucking deleted for calling it out. Unfuckingbelievable.

this, if investors are actually interested in your product than tell this kike lawyer to eat a pile of his own shit and just do it on your own. Talk to other lawyers in the area and ask them about this lawyer. They all know each other and I'd be that the decent lawyers in your area will tell you this lawyer is a scumbag kike

>had an idea
>proposed it as a class project
you deserve everything that is happening to you right now
how can you be so fucking retarded?

OP: I work in an industry where it's literally required to do this (not giving minorities the majority but having them be a cofounder).

Make her an advisor or put her on the board of directors, and give her 10% of preferred stock and 0% common (common carries voting shares). Preferred gets dividends first anyways so she'll probably want those gibs more than voting shares.

If your idea actually has some legs and she seems apprehensive, make a basic financial model that is VERY optimistic but still obtainable, and show it to her. Put her picture on the team page of your website/business site. You'll get all the potential social benefits of having a minority, with little of the risk that your sociopathic lawyer is pushing on you.

Or just say fuck it and

I would guess this is the case.

I really had no idea it was worth anything, I was expecting to just get some pajeet tier code monkey wagie gig on graduating

Fuck you

She should be grateful that you don't turn her into mulch for daring to opposse you, not fucking handing over ownership. Is this fucking bait or not because there really is some niggers this stupid.

tell him you identify as a black woman you moron. dont give away more money to lazy minorities than we already give them

I can't believe you are doubting this for some tax shekels that will ultimately contribute to almost nothing in the early start

You can evade Tax by billions of ways and you are using the worst one to do it, honestly your story is like those guys who get marriage because they fear being alone

Don't give away your company to a nigger just because some Jew lawyer tells you to do so you fucking idiot. Don't worry about government subsidies, just find private investors.

are u fucking stupid

absolutely no

if its ur software and original idea, never give any ownership to anyone

The only thing you ever want to give equity away for is funding, and only as much equity as you need. Run a tight ship and you'll get ridiculously rich.

well, you can say "No"

as anons have said, call the lawyer, tell him to go have anal sex with his mother in her ass, get just a few investors money, you don't need too much, they will try to get control with % stake or board seats, take just enough to neet it up for a year, then spend 1 year coding until you have a polished mvp, then take the big bucks and rent offices hire people etc...

Just don't. There's no advantages to having a woman automatically. You wrote it, it's your IP.
This. Have you got it up on your private Github repo? If so, the history will help back you up.

Why are you afraid to even mention your industry?

Satan knows what's up

Kys

Ez OP, just pretend youre gay and voila, youre also a minority.

Or you know, OP is a fag anyway, you might not have to pretend.

some points to consider:

1. it is true that she would get more funding than you.

2. they could take legal action against you to get the rights to your software (class projects are a legal mess).

3. even if you are 100% in the right, they could fuck you over badly. the law does not care what is right or wrong, but what seems to be right or wrong.

i am afraid, that you are in a really bad position. if you try to keep or take control of your creation, they will fuck you over. if you let her run things she will run it into the ground. all the money you will get from funding will be wasted on marketing / useless shit that appeals to normies.

also, to be completely honest, i would just walk away. you have no idea how popular your software will be and the competition is pretty fierce.

minorities trump gays. even if he rolls around in a wheelchair he cannot get more oppression points.

skin color is above everything. so black man would trump white females or white lesbians.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

'Murica…

nice larp, stormfag.

If your product is designed for government contracts then unironically yes, having a female placeholder is unironically common. There are a couple of metrics the government will use to prioritize contract bidders and woman owned businesses is one of them along with disabled veteran business owners. Look up the FAR if you need proof. Ive seen multiple companies owned by females while it is being run by their husbands. This is the world we live in.