What the hell is this

Alright moneyfags, I know you are out there. Wanna help a fellow user out? What is this?

Attached: JPEG_20190203_150821-min.jpg (3120x4160, 1.18M)

That’s a jpeg

Worth $950 apparently

No it's 100 you retard it says right on it

Its a limited edition banknote from the Shanghai Bank from 1902. The banknotes were printed to be given out to foreign diplomats among them some European Monarchs. The Bank of Shanghai wanted to stimulate economic trade with Europe and thought it would be a pleasant gift to give them a limited edition collectible.
Hence they are worth a lot of money, especially if you can proof to have one that was in the possesion of a monarch. Franz-Ferdinand carried one of these notes whilst he was in TsjechSlovakia and got shot. There's a small bloodstain on the note, this note is worth about $60,000 today. Because of WW1 and a lot of Monarchs fleeing their countries these notes have gone somewhat lost and can range anywhere in value from a couple hundred dollars to tens of thousands of dollars.

$950? What the hell is this thing? Lol. It was found in a wall after a cleanup crew cleaned out a burnt down building.

I looked it up and similar ones were sold around $700-950 range. What makes this one special?

Well it depends, if you can proof it belonged to a monarch it will be worth atleast $5000. Each note has an unique story, and collectors pay for the history ofcourse.

I don’t think it’ll be possible since he randomly found the note, but good luck to him I guess

Well you can find out by squeezing a little bit of lemon juice on the left side of the corner of the bank note. Each note bears an unique mark to be used to identify the holder. The holder could then in turn return it to the bank of Shanghai to receive 1/2 oz of gold. Because of its lightweight structure, the note was very populatr in the 1920's. People would use this note as a symbol of status.

That’s actually pretty interesting. How did you learn all this? Are you a collector or just a history buff?

No just a random dude Larping, hope you enjoyed the story.

Lmfao 10/10 larp. So it’s really worth just the $950 that I saw it listed on the collectors site then.

I don't know, seems worthless to me

Is this some kind of old timey scam, OP? What the fuck is going on here

Nah

Attached: CA51A9E0-4B3B-46CD-8814-BC78E0F110DB.jpg (1049x2058, 316K)

Ops shitnote is torn, has creases and a signature.
It wont sell high

Oh. Idk anything about collecting currencies. That’s why I fell for the other anons “lemon juice” larp.

Hahaha. I fell for this. Topkek

Turn it fren

lmao

I know shit bout note collecting too, but the rule of thumb for any collecting is : if u can find it in mint condition, you are not getting the full price for a damaged condition.

It has to be smt extremely rare for buyers not to mind buying a damaged item. Like, if items were destroyed at some point, or have rare production defects, or are illegal to trade.