Is learning how to code the only thing that really matters in this world?

Is learning how to code the only thing that really matters in this world?

Attached: 1548892229049.jpg (750x766, 338K)

Other urls found in this thread:

poringa.net/posts/imagenes/3310069/Muy-Sexy.html
youtube.com/watch?v=bHNIyeirfIQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

thats a weird outfit. has the classic insta ass wedgie though

dios mio

learning to code is a huge waste of time at this point. Market is going to reach equilibrium by 2020. You're also going to be competing with hordes of indians that work for 5-7 thousand US dollars per year soon. Don't get me wrong, I'm a software engineer and make decent cash, but the writing is on the wall and everyone is scrambling to make become a manager and insulate themselves from the correction, sell their start-up, FIRE and retire, etc etc. Its bleak. If you wanna do it for fun, then by all means. But the tech good times are over. Top companies have unbelievable amounts of talented people desperately trying to get in. Smaller companies are running out of funding and offshoring their work, using SaaS products instead of hiring in-house, etc.

no

WHO IS THIS GIRL???????

Attached: imadeit.jpg (1337x1337, 382K)

>2019
>still dont know a single programming language

Should i just end it all?

>betting your career on a profession that has zero barrier to entry that any pajeet can figure out with an internet connection
what could go wrong?

great now you know how to code
now you are competing with literally everyone

coding is becoming a McJob

I sat in on an interview last week. They wanted me to rotate nights and days each week, so my sleep schedule would be flipped 12 hours every fucking week. Why? Because we're in a "le global economy" and you have to be up to support the chinks in Singapore. The previous company I worked at was starting to move towards that direction as well.

Love

the gravy train was 2005-2014.
you could make $250k just writing a few lines of shitty PHP everyday and get free onions lattes at work.

now software is no longer the Next Big Thing and is becoming commoditized, especially after the big movement to teach how to code for free. coding is the new clerical work. (unless you’re really good but that applies to any field.)

sauce on brapper

Attached: deckedout.jpg (1130x1076, 594K)

Dem BIRTHIN’ HIPS

Attached: 4943545D-ADD7-469F-9A50-4542D056B296.jpg (634x476, 56K)

>but that applies to any field

yeah. the many self-made billionaire philosophers, women studiologists and biologists are proof

Knowing a programming language or two wont hurt you. Creating cheap prototypes of things is a good skill to have. You can usually leverage a bit code in pretty neat ways in any business.
But programming for the sake of being a "programmer" is probably a waste of time long-term.
I work in manufacturing and I compare the programmers role to the drafter in a producing company; both produce solutions to problems with common theory. Drafting is kinda chill; easy interviews, not that much pressure. Programming takes months just to prepare for a job interview. The IT-industry seem to spiral closer and closer towards a tournament model almost.
You work with a codebase that never works. You will get gray hair and erectile dysfunction in your 30's because you're so cucked at work.

Looks like a female version of 6ix9ine

Attached: 916C9A36-487F-4302-801F-DB681D74F100.png (563x542, 157K)

coders are ants bro.

poringa.net/posts/imagenes/3310069/Muy-Sexy.html

I work in an engineering consultancy and the only valued employees are the
>boomers who have industry experience + networks of people + great personal skills
>zoomers who have technical knowledge from university + the python/VBA skills to automate work

Learning how to code is essential, not to get a coding job.
Learning how to code is essential for being the best at any of your other jobs.

I make a decent living out of it in the financial sector as an IT contractor with my own limited company.

You can get a pretty sweet balance between working hours / stress / salary. If you gotta wageslave, do it right.

>this whole thread
Never gonna make it boyos

how did you get started?

this. programming isnt hard.

You need to be good at logic and math to be decent programer.

If you are good at both and like puzzles and challanges, go for it.

If you arent, you are going to have a terrible time.

there are a number of dev jobs out there

there are the legacy jobs where you work on a ava/c# code. this is like a third of the jobs.

jobs where you have to learn the latest language and technology this is most of web development. this is like half of the jobs.

then there are the niche jobs like embedded development and the rare cobol job

then there are the really math heavy, cs heavy jobs that pay 500k plus and they're working for some hedge fund but they only hire 150 iq harvard students or phds who code in c++

the last two are the rest of the jobs out there in software development.

for the first two and arguably the third you can get away with a bootcamp and maybe some moocs here or there.

The redpill is hiring pajeets and singaporian code monkeys to code for you and for boomer companies while you only take care of sales.

this so much

madalingiorgetta

indians will take your job and dance on your grave

youtube.com/watch?v=bHNIyeirfIQ

coding is hard cause you need a lot of concentration to do it. You will be on your computer 10 hours a day.(WE ALREADY ARE) BUT not to play WoW or shitpost, but to write lines and lines of code.

Attached: 98775676.jpg (1200x628, 55K)

the armies of pajeets deliver shit work. this only works for large companies that have experience dealing with them and are tooled for it. for every 7 pajeet devs, you need 1-2 managers / architects with brains.

arent there tools like calculators to do your math?

Attached: 2324222@@@.jpg (730x410, 153K)

you need to be good at logic. beyond basic arithmetic, you dont need a math background. being creative and curious will get you further.

Fuck off Rajesh, the following topics are mathematically heavy and will be of great use to someone looking to produce something of value:
>linear algebra, algebra, calculus, differential equations, advanced calculus, PDEs, Fourier analysis, special functions, calculus of variations
>sets, number theory, combinatronics, graph theory, probability
>numerical analysis/methods
>algorithms, automata, computability theory, complexity theory
>computer graphics
>machine learning
>optimization
>signals, systems and control theory
You don't need all these before you are able to start working on solving problems, and you likely wont need all these depending on your field (especially if you are in webdev). But what I can say is that being familiar with these topics and learning how to apply them will drastically increase the range of problems which are trivial to you.

Attached: 1548741514919.jpg (240x206, 6K)

What is your opinion on enterprise programming languages? I'm an ABAP (SAP ERP) coder. I'm concerned about being too niche.

Sad truth really, there are some hot niches right now in software field such as AI.

You might still make it by getting some experience, knowing right people and starting your own "software house".

Maybe in training and management of projects you won't see those cheaper employees that soon,
but it is hard to tell currently one is sure that anyone who was working in IT in early 00s will tell you it might not be falling to the end yet but things have changed A LOT.

I had friend who in 00s started a company that would make websites, run and build servers, and setup internet hardware wise.
He made millions during 1999-2007 era, he went from poor chap from suburbs to guy that had pretty much any hot AMG and Porsche product released during that period.

Only other person I saw get so successful so quickly from nearly zero was a guy who was biggest seller of "designer drugs"
(it is a structural or functional analog of a controlled substance that has been designed to mimic the pharmacological effects of the original drug, while avoiding classification as illegal)
But as you can imagine he didn't last for long government went after him, shame he was such a nice friendly and helpful guy probably best person I met during my college.
(To give you idea how rich he was, he had apartment in Monaco, Yacht, and every fucking modern day Porsche back then).

It's still good for your brain. You can't find better hobby than is coding.

Girls like this with that big gap in the legs have what’s known as a wide set vagina which means you gotta have a thick cock if you want it to feel good for either of you. Good luck user.

thanks good sir

pee pee poo poo

aaaaand the boner is gone

You should learn how to program (or what a universal Turing machine is) just for partaking in the experience as a human.
If somebody is born without the sense of hearing and won't ever listen to music, then this is considered tragic, but for some reason (for the higher entrance barrier I suppose), not knowing what the range of processes that can be caputred algorithmically is not considered sad?
Granted, again, one needs to consume quite a bit of math to enjoy it as much as music, but my is that tje question of whether one should learn computer science isn'tjust dependend on wage cuckery options. It's more like "Jow Forums, should I learn to read or is it not in high demand on the market?!" It's not about waging you loon

>all the brainlets saying no
If it’s so easy why are the salaries still so high? Being good at coding is an equivalent to being good at math/science in your high school/uni. People have known for centuries that it’s good to know these subjects, yet there were few people who excelled in this anyway.
The only thing that’s different now is that a bunch of people that would have been scientists/mathematicians/boring engineers are now going into CS instead. This will maybe double the supply of talent but not more.

My brain says this is not attractive but my penis disagrees... what do?

I write code for money. I live in one of the bigger IT cities and I had no issue finding a job. Idk if the market changed but if you're good and have something to back it up (git, finished project, anything related to the job) people will want you. Its not a bad job, you sit in a comfy office, listen to music and can slack off a lot. A lot of my coworkers are total idiots when it comes to writing code so I guess you dont even have to be that good to find a job - depends on details.

But I think you should learn it for personal gain. We're in a time where you can program your own apps and build your own hardware easily, take advantage of it. Why not make that app you always wanted to have on your phone?

100% this

i came late to the party at 2014, mobile app boom was from 2008-2012, now everybody is DYING to work at the big 5, everybody else is scrambling to get it together. Coding is so accesible nowadays and ther just isint a demand for millions of programmers anymore because most start ups are very lean, employing less people who know more tools means way less overhead.

a company that hired 200 people a decade ago could make do with 50 or even 25

if your not SAVING EVERY DOLLAR you earn as a programmer your going to be stuck on your ass when the music stops in a few years

>a company that hired 200 people a decade ago could make do with 50 or even 25
This. And the number decreases drastically when you account for those actually doing work and weren't just diversity hires. So cut that current number in half at least.

I'm curious about this. I'm in my final year of university (econ) and my uncle works in the SAP ERP field. Did you have programming experience prior to working for SAP? I've heard that most of the training is on-the-job, seeing as its a proprietary language.

What skills would you recommend someone interested in your field? Any free online resources I could utilise? Has the launch of s4 Hana changed your work dynamic?

If you're halfway decent at navigating and utilizing SAP, you're a relatively rare asset to, for example, every retail enterprise and other fields that utilize aspects of it.

I've got like 20+ massive documents full of SAP instruction manuals etc on a drive right now, and it's nuts. Whoever can navigate this and get to the level of understanding niches and hooks (like one of my colleagues - he's a legit SAP wizard) can probably command quite a bit of weight purely because the skill and knowledge that comes with time invested in learning the ropes is invaluable.

i forgot to add, a decade ago, 100 web developers would have a position work in

now that advanced web development tools exist, , 10 web developers could do the work of 100, so the problem compounds

what do you think the 90 out of work developers do now? they crowd the market, reducing demand even more. There is no solution as far as i can see, everyone is just maintaining to survive

Do you have any advice for someone wanting to enter your field? Any important skills you need to know? Anything you wish someone had told you before you got into the field?

Bamp

No.

OH MY GOD

BRAAAAAAAPPPPPPP

just jack off and they will agree

>girl

knowing how to code is like knowing how to read / write 500 years ago.

I had the opposite problem. My brain says it's attractive but my penis disagrees.

Solved the problem by masturbating to a wide hipped asian qt instead.

yikes

This

Legalize rape

Imagine thinking webshit is a real developer job.

>now that advanced web development tools exist, , 10 web developers could do the work of 100, so the problem compounds
Yep. We can already see emerging tools greatly increasing that number

>There is no solution as far as i can see
Agreed. It's why I don't recommend anyone take it in college right now. Better off learning a trade to keep putting food on the table

THOT.

indians cannot program and have no capacity for critical thinking, but that doesnt make this user wrong

Madalin Giorgetta

>a company that hired 200 people a decade ago could make do with 50 or even 25
we need a war for population control then

I'm a developer, mostly mobile.
I'm currently doing freelance and oh boy it's boring as fuck. The work Im doing is super boring. I was an employee before and thought freelance would be more exciting and bring more $$. Its not that easy.

Anyway the only real thing in this world is to run and grow a business. Watch out for my next billion dollar app.

Not sure why, but a 6/10 all hotted up can seem better than higher ratings - I think it's the believability factor. Like, they're far more likely to be what drunkenly gobbles your cock at a party than some princess that's so aloof from being dawned over she won't give you the time of day.

Doesn't even look human
>BRAPINATOR B9000

Nope. Know why? Because shit will still need upgrading, better tools will keep emerging etc. And there remains massive segments of the population still employed with jobs replaceable with a bash script or robot arm. 99% of government beauracracies can be replaced with code. So programming isn't going anywhere - last job left since it's the one to destroy all the others.

Well, I'd say buy low.
It will take a couple years for IT to become unpopular again and then you can start winning again.
Look at the dumb zoomer kids, they just consume the tech, at best they vlog and play fortnite. Roasties are absolutely cluelless and programming is one big EWW for them.
True wizards are still scarce.

Attached: 1509308126097.gif (200x200, 160K)

Applied high IQ is the only thing that matters in the world.

>they crowd the market.
No they don't. The current common stack using Javashit for everything is an abomination of overengineered & fragile complexity - which is good for the real coders. The frontend pajeet web coders that couldn't make the jump are gone - anyone good at real coding (ie actually understands serverside, embedded etc) suddenly has high demand again. I'm writing front end in C & Rust for compilation to Webassembly for use in optimising a slow set of computations being done clientside in Angular - think some pajeet who did a 3 week PHP cert has a damn clue how any of that works? If you're struggling to find work, you need to git gud.

Software dev here.
This is a pessimistic view but its not entirely wrong. Software is becoming more and more assembly-line like with more and more tools to track your productivity. That usually makes for a shit working environment especially if you're dealing with creative parts of the application. Outsourcing to India and Philippines is absolutely huge and is ramping up unless you work in a bespoke consulting shop a la ThoughtWorks or the FAANGs where the overseas people are worth their salt (most of them).

If you want to implement your own ideas, its still worth it to go into software. If you want a gravy job, those times are over. I know people older than me who started (yes, started!) at $50/h in the glory days of the first bubble. Now you'll be glad if you get $30/h in a medium cost of living area, or $50/h in a high cost of living area where you're pissing your money right out as it comes.

>Hugh Mongus wot
I used to code .jsp, javabeans, asp, and php. Yes that was development until my job became managing Indian workers and I left to get an MBA. So what were you saying again?

The big money is in teaching code

Good on you, but you have to be fair though, 99% of projects out there don't need these types of skills. 80% of work out there is building the next CRUD. 19% is taking data, running it through a transformation and pumping it somewhere else. The 1% of real work that requires creativity and thinking is there, but first all of - you have to get in to work on it, second of all - the wages aren't compatible.

Exactly. idk what this fucker is talking about. I've heard so many stories pf companies hiring shitskins to code for them. They write shitty code, and then the company has to spend all of the money that they thought they were gonna save on some White guy to come in and fix everything that they did. You can't have it both ways. Coding is still worth it if you're white.

she's not that attractive but if she dressed up in a sexy modest-but-tight-and-semi-revealing dress and some "classical" makeup she'd look like a knockout IMO

is she supposed to be white?

Unironically dated a girl with the exact same body and face two years ago. She was fucking crazy.

Am I gay if I'd genuinely pound that hoe?

gib link

Attached: 1492363862277.png (619x453, 46K)

Just quit my job as a retail manager for obvious reasons. Got some bucks saved, also got a useless degree. What next boys? Would quite like to re-locate from the UK as well.

This. It's all about logic.

she is sailing la vagabonde on YT

search nikumikyo

Attached: 005.jpg (1920x2560, 1.92M)

orange braces... what the fuck lol

>Learning to code
Going into the most oversaturated market in the world currently is not a good way to make it

Looks like 6ix9ine

whats with opsec?

>noticing the clothes

Woman or fag. Which one are you!

If the programming bubble is popping what's the next thing? When will there be a nexy thing?

Attached: 1539659046450.jpg (655x527, 59K)

If the programming bubble is popping what's the next thing? When will there be a next thing?

Attached: 1539659046450.jpg (655x527, 59K)

it's not popping though, there is plenty of evidence that companies are more worried about access to labor than capital in the software field. When demand > supply, wages go up.

being this insecure

That would be really nice, lowering tech salaries would do a lot fix the absolutely fucked housing market in CA

Bullshit, not everyone can code that easily. There is still a lot of technical things you need to know. You making it sound like any bum off the street can read Khan Academy and suddenly become a master coder.