Bittrex Stole My Money And I Lost My Houme In Earthquake

TL;DR: I lost my house in an earthquake and also all my crypto on an exchange because U.S. government sanctioned normal Iranian citizens like me and now I'm homeless.

You can read the full story here on my blog:

medium.com/@collapsed/how-i-lost-my-home-in-an-earthquake-and-all-my-life-savings-on-a-cryptocurrency-exchange-called-26411b5a4416

For those who might say you shouldn't have held your Bitcoin on an American exchange: we couldn't buy hardware wallets back then because Iran was and still is sanctioned. Online wallets were mostly following U.S. laws too. We contacted Bittrex (evidence is posted in my blog post) a few times and they said they have no problem with Iranians using their exchange and they didn't have any lines prohibiting Iranians from using their exchange in their TOS. So Bittrex appeared to be the safest option for us since it was reputable back in 2017, but alas!

Attached: donald-trump.jpg (618x410, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/BittrexExchange
steemit.com/bitcoin/@michaelmatthews/warning-how-i-lost-bitcoins-using-a-paper-wallet
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1. You posted this yesterday
2. Get a lawyer

Sad story mate. Bittrex truly is shit. Good luck.

>Trump destroys Iranians
Noice

I tried to get a lawyer but i couldn't afford it. Sorry for the double post but i really need my money. They stole it.

kek, guy lives in a tent. Some international lawyer which will not be able to do much if anything gonna cost me him like 2000$. That was his folio worth.

Fuck off man, stop spamming this shit everywhere. It's your own fault for storing all your money on an exchange, how many times do people have to say that?

Complete bullshit about not being able to buy a hardware wallet. Just print your private key, or use a wallet on your computer encrypted with a password. Many options have always been available to anyone in the world... If you think you have to have permission of the US to use bitcoin in any country you're completely retarded.

Stop posting for pity trying to beg for money or whatever it is you're doing.

You keep posting this crap on here and on /pol.
Go neck yourself.

I want my money that was stolen from me. If you don't like it close the thread and walk away.

blame your terrorist government. Not ours for doing the right thing by America for once. It will be worse if you get NUKED. So just pray that doesnt happen

>I want my money that was stolen from me.
OP, you never had the private keys...it was never yours.
If you are Iranian why would you use a Mutt exchange...
Fuck your dumb

I am a normal citizen living in the middle of nowhere. I have nothing to do with politics and U.S. government stole my money.

Wish you good luck on getting it back. Write on their reddit and and reply to bittrex tweets with your story. Make it costly for them PR wise until they take it seriously. Try to write it as if it might have been a mistake on their end so they have a way to resolve the issue while saving face.

For the future, remember, paper wallet, airgapped software wallet or even just a software wallet on your normal machine is better than trusting an exchange.

Centralized exchanges are the devil. Bittrex is one of the worst when it comes to suddenly preventing people from withdrawing their own stuff.

>why would you use a Mutt exchange

Because it was the only reputable option back then and we asked them if Iranians can have accounts and they said yes. Poloniex gave a 30 days deadline to Iranians to evacuate their platform but Bittrex stole our money without prior notice or warning.

LOL

No one will help you on Jow Forums, Reddit would be a better choice

so you think coinbase will break US law/regs for you?

bittrex that is

Yeah, just keep spamming them on every Twitter thread and keep tagging them. Get all your Iranian friends to do it too: twitter.com/BittrexExchange

Otherwise ask for some donation help from an international charity such as Red Cross or whatever is available there.

We did that. I explained it in my blog post. They just blocked all of us.

any US citizens donating to this terrorist better get ready to get v& and sent to gitmo

This. Fucking based orange man can’t stop winning

Contact the US mainstream media with a sob story about how you were trying to circumvent the iranian regime's stranglehold on money in your country because you dreamt of being free and thought an american exchange would help you. Sound as naive as possible.

I posted my story on Reddit. They just upvote no one helps. I am almost not expecting to get my money back at this point i just want everyone to know what happened and that this U.S. exchange is a criminal company.

>Bittrex stole our money without prior notice or warning.
BASED
Better start using my Bittrex account again! As I said it never was 'your' funds...Bittrex had the private key!
Here's an idea, get a suicide vest, Go to Bittrex HQ
(((ALLAHU AKBAR)))

you fucking degenerates smuggle people and weapons for thousands of yeas, pretty sure you could get some damn hardware wallets if you wanted..

Their address is fake. They posted a parking lot as their HQ address. Read my blog post.

years*

>U.S. exchange is a criminal company
>MUH BREAK THE LAW TO DEAL WITH TERRORIST NATIONS CITIZENS

they are following US law in closing your account. by definition: not criminal. there is nothing that anyone can do, including bittrex. not even if they wanted to. think about that.

>you fucking degenerates smuggle people and weapons

Hardware wallets are rare stuff. Stuff that get smuggled are already there but you have to know what a hardware wallet is to smuggle it and also there are no customers even if you do so.

They could send us a notice to evacuate their platform just like what Poloniex did. They literally stole our money.

>printers don’t exist in Iran
You’re to stupid too print out a cold wallet?

steemit.com/bitcoin/@michaelmatthews/warning-how-i-lost-bitcoins-using-a-paper-wallet

>Read my blog post.
Fuck off sand nigger, I only came here to laugh @ you for being SO FUCKIN DUMB!
>Be from a nation that is enemy's with 'Merica
>Decide Bittrex is the best (it was for a time).
>Bittrex is a corpation that is based in 'Merica, your nations enemy
>Decide to leave your funds in enemy nation Corporation
>Account gets closed
>MUH THEY STOLE FROM ME

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

you obviously never cared about your financial future!

And? They describe the workaround in the link you posted

not if it would have been illegal for them to do so. what good would it do to freeze funds if you tell everybody to withdraw their funds before they are frozen. think about it. there is nothing that anyone can do now.

You found the 1 article talkin bad about paper wallets..
How many posts are around about ppl getting fucked by exchanges!!!!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Same thing happened with Bitfinex. They also sent a notice to everyone telling them to evacuate their platform. It was only Bittrex who stole millions of dollars this way. Are you from Bittrex? You are trying to make them look innocent.

You realize that theres tens of thousands of people who had the same problem with Mt Gox for like 10 years.

Ever heard the expression "those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it?". Well guess what? You doomed yourself retardo.

It was too risky for me to use paperwallets. The link explains it enough. When i got my crypto stolen on Bittrex crypto was not as popular as it is now.

I'm sorry this happened to you, in future remember that unless you remove your cryptocurrency from an exchange, you don't own anything.

You

not trying to make them look inncent. show me what bittrex was told to do. (you can't). perhaps they were orderes to not notify. you cannot know. the US govt froze Iranian funds because of actions of Iran. sucks to lose funds that way but these are the actions of world govts and such entities do not give 2 fucks about the little people who get caught up in their political manuverings. this is reality. game over

>perhaps they were orderes to not notify

Then how Poloniex and Bitfinex sent notices to their users to evacuate?

Burgers in this thread are so fucking obnoxious. Iran unironically did nothing wrong foreign policy wise, and even if they did (they didn't, they always support the nicer side against the evil scum saudis, israel and the US supports), then an individual citizen wouldn't be to blame.

Are all individual burgers to blame for their psychopathic government and deep state?

Attached: 1544290942882.jpg (720x888, 334K)

ask the NSA

You are claiming that they had to do so when in fact other exchanges just sent notices to their users. Don't make claims if you cant back it up.

Bump. Let's expose bittrex, folks. We need some media attention.

>Contact the US mainstream media with a sob story about how you were trying to circumvent the iranian regime's stranglehold on money
>thinking this would get anywhere and the media isnt completely on the same page with the government when it comes to any kind of serious business like financial sanctions
>sounding as naive as possible

lol get fucked

no. i am saying that you CANNOT know, nor can I. if you cannot excluse the possibility (and you cannot), then you cannot say that they should have notified you. perhaps some iranian whales had bittrex accts. perhaps perhaps, we do not know. end of the day you do not know what they were told. nobody does. what we do know is that the US govt said to shut it down. that's it. game over

Thank you user. What media outlets should i send my story to? I tried to reach for crypto outlets and they even published some articles about this but my account never got re-enabled. I explained this in the blog post.

Bittrex doesnt have the right to steal people's money regardless of their nationality. We need to bring in some journalists to report on this.

Attached: 1547864307069.png (657x527, 64K)

>game over

No. The game is not over. I will expose them as much as i can.

>but my account never got re-enabled
why isn't bittrex breaking federal laws for me, the thread.

Just keep posting your story here and in other boards until one of them picks it up

they should just lock trading functions in his account, allow withdraw only and enable it for 14 days starting at his next login. it's not illegal. we both know that's bullshit. bittrex is just trying to steal their money pretending they need to in order to follow sanctions, when sanctions is actually just that they can't let them use their financial services.

>government makes agreements
>take over government
>shit all over those agreements for no reason whatsoever
>LOL IRAN DID NOTHING WRONG FOREIGN POLICY WISE

Thank you user.

Israeli here kekking at your misfortune
got all my bitcoins locked up in hd wallets :^)

Attached: israel-chan.jpg (1139x1185, 632K)

Are you trying to say Iran should be beholden to the agreements made by the Shah? Seriously?
US fucked over Iranian democracy in 50s to install him. May 80% of burgers get eaten by spiders from the inside. The rest of you are okay.

What do you goatfuckers even need crypto for?
Go fuck goats or something.

US is shit for intervening but the current regime is not some shining example of a democratic republic, to say they did nothing wrong is retarded
Two wrongs don't make a right, 1905 was the only good revolution

youre a cunt moishe

>US is shit for intervening but the current regime is not some shining example of a democratic republic
Sure, and neither was Libya or Iraq. Look what happened there when the US "intervened".

Get the fuck out with the invasions, sponsored civil wars and color revolutions. Let the people of these countries change their countries organically.

Anglozionists go in and makes everything worse for ordinary people just so they can have puppets in place, pilfer countries and destroy anyone who doesn't bow and do whatever they want.

Attached: 5a69d5e4b769a.png (910x1136, 1.46M)

I might be a cunt
but at least I'm not a broke cunt

Attached: 1528157864500.jpg (750x960, 453K)

Holy shit, op, do you not understand what a completely futile exercise this is?!?! Literally nobody on this planet gives a fuck about you or your money except maybe your mother, and she can’t get it back for you. This company could just come out and say publicly, “yep, we stole your money. Haha, you suck and are gay. The end.” And NOTHING would change.

Who cares about your $20 in crypto lmao

If i post the story more and more people would know about these scammers so i will post it as much as i can.

Not with that defeatist attitude
no wonder you goyim are poor
OP should keep shilling his gay little tale
maybe take a pic of some street urchins and claim he's got no money to feed his kids, and start shitposting on twitter and reddit, make it sadder, nobody cares about a single guy down on his luck.

not your blog sandnigger

Anybody dumb enough to hand money to a company using custodial wallets deserves to lose it.

I'll tell you what I said yesterday
>sand nigger
>fuck you
>die
>sand nigger

My situation is so fucked up that it doesn't need me to fake anything. I am alive on humanitarian aid.

I agree but none of that translates into "Iran unironically did nothing wrong foreign policy wise"

Well they scammed you but they dont scam us because we are not from Iran

You already admitted its your fault!

You can lay on the street with your guts out
nobody will care
you need to throw children and women into your situation and keep reposting your story (on places other than fucking Jow Forums), at best you'll change bittrex policy, at worst people will give you money.
But don't post your sad story with a crypto address attached, people smell the begging from a mile away.

Anyway try harder, if you can't see, on Jow Forums nobody cares.

True. However, they literally did nothing wrong foreign policy wise after the Shah was ousted unless you count meme things like not adhering to agreements made by an ousted puppet ruler.

That person is not me. I only posted me story on another thread here yesterday.

So he admits it his fault, but your to dumb to realise its your fault?
The other OP kept some of his private keys...
Why the fuck where you so fuckin dumb?

It has nothing to get to do with the Shah, Iran joined the UN before the Shah and the Shah made the decision to stay.
Post-Shah, Iran has signed UN agreements that they consistently break for no reason. Literally no reason. The people of Iran aren't entirely at fault, but you can't say Iran did nothing wrong just because they aren't a puppet state anymore.
Aside from the UN, Iran has also made agreements with other international organizations. It's not just some UN conspiracy, the state of Iran is at fault.

Are you alright buddy? This happened a year ago. That faggot who is LARPing as me didn't even care enough to read the story and acted as if this happened right now. Read his OP.

>Are you alright buddy?
Yea i am fine, i have all my crypto, Don't you?

Just broken

Yes

Bittrex is an American company. How stupid are you to put it there as an Iranian? Should have picked a Chinese or Russian exchange.

Read the thread.

>when you have to verify an exchange's physical address to see whether they exist
Money of the future!

why are poor people always like this... congrats on rubbing salt in wounds... definitely not insecure urself LOL

pathetic excuse for a being

Retard posts thread again.
Again, The only possible way to pressure the U.S. government in your situation is through american public support and media.
But... NOBODY GIVES A SHIT ABOUT HEALTHY YOUNG IRANIAN MALE
topkek
Stay dumb
Stay mad
Stay poor

Attached: 1528751091294.jpg (727x639, 62K)

They didn't steal anything. As soon as you give someone else the private keys, that money no longer belongs to you. This is crypto 101

>They didn't steal anything.

Yes, they did.

Holding your own private keys is the whole point of crypto. You made a stupid mistake giving it to someone you don't know. Next time don't do that.

They stole my money doesn't matter how much more youre going to rant about private keys.

Wrong. You gave your money to people you don't know. Don't be stupid next time. Learn crypto. Keep your own private keys.

They were one of the top 5 exchange of the world in 2017. Again, they stole my money. Nothing you write down will change the fact.

Fact: You gave your money (private key) to someone else
Opinion: Giving money voluntarily is now theft
Nothing will change the fact that the rich and smart get richer while people with bad judgment like you will get poorer

Thanks for bumping my thread. Bittrex stole my money, period.

Have another one. Won't get your money back from poor decisions though