/smg/ - Stock Market General

because you lack... leverage edition

>I'm new to the stock market, what stocks should I buy?
Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
pastebin.com/y9PRQLR3

Earnings Report Calendars:
calendar.google.com/calendar/[email protected]
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

Boomer Investing 101
bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

Last /SMG/ thread:

Attached: smg2.png (1200x1099, 651K)

Other urls found in this thread:

equedia.com/the-starbucks-of-cannabis/?utm_source=Westleaf January 2019&utm_campaign=WL Jan 2019&utm_medium=email
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for dividends are not your friend

Is it smart to load up on SQQQ calls because i think trump will declare a national emergency?

QQQ is mooning. Can tech ever fail?

Should I buy REFR

>Dividend meme

>Tech meme

Attached: 6a00d8341c68f553ef01310ff3f483970c-800wi_7998.jpg (399x276, 17K)

You should buy reefer

EU newfag here.
Cancelling my trading acc with Santander due to insane commissions.

Interactive Brokers, Degiro or something else?

Is natty gas at the bottom?

Attached: hope gordon whites house is ok.jpg (586x906, 113K)

guys ive been awake for 36 hours and im pretty sure i have schizophrenia my conscience has been playing Galileo Galileo Galileo Galileo Galileo Galileo Galileo Figuro on loop for about 6 hours and im going crazy

I cant think straight I and I really want to buy DRYS right now but I cant remember if its a meme stock or an actual good buy, do i buy it or not

halp

fuck you

Try using benzos (or high dose melatonin and essential oils) to knock yourself out, after 72 hours the hallucinations get AGGRESSIVE. Also DRYS is trash nigga, worse times than now to buy in though I guess

I don't think so, but it's almost time to start moving into oil. I mean this whole bull shit with venezuela combined with traditional seasonal moves in the commodity are making it a prime opportunity to stock up now while the price is cheap as fuck.

>Chinese female billionaire
what could go wrong?

Attached: chineseFemaleBillionaire.png (538x571, 307K)

THREADLY REMINDER THAT DIVIDENDS ARE YOUR FREN

no u

Attached: dividends-monopoly-man.jpg (423x245, 21K)

QQQ is a growth etf, not a dividend meme. Tech companies actually can scale.

THREADLY REMINDER THAT DIVIDENDS ARE NOT YOUR FREN

no you don't buy DRYs right now unless you plan on selling it before the end of the day.

>>Chinese female billionaire
>what could go wrong?

She could try to buy a car and drive.

SQQQuad, am I going to make it?

Attached: 1521555347757.png (1000x1000, 88K)

checked

nope see dividends are not your frens they're literally crumbs

Threadly reminder that GALT

why does it take so fucking long for robinhood to process options?

which would you move into?

Collect enough crumbs and you have a deconstructed bread.

Do I buy this LCI dip?

>tfw holding GALT bags from last time around

who did she divorce to become a billionaire?

S&P doing the mythical "racing heart rate" pattern

nasdaq will see new highs

why it have so hard time break out @_@

Attached: sweatysnaek.gif (364x489, 526K)

If you're buying weed stocks why not do it with science? CBIS, been mooning for almost a week

whoo here we go
srsly tho how to trade this nonsense

Attached: ZIP.png (405x426, 31K)

everybody who payed for the premium subscription got the memo greater depression is scheduled for Wednesday

If you are interested in weed stock with possible potential read at your leisure!

equedia.com/the-starbucks-of-cannabis/?utm_source=Westleaf January 2019&utm_campaign=WL Jan 2019&utm_medium=email

It is a somewhat bias article due to those who posted in it are also invested in the company... However they have a decent idea and worth a read. It is a canadian stock but is open on US stock listed as WLSFF

The volume is crazy low but its a small price to pay for a decent chance of success. Not trying to shill. Just a decent sounding stock to hope is successful and share the possible wealth

i received 10K in crumbs last year. coupled with my 10K from capital gains, thats a decent amount of crumbs for doing absolutely nothing.

Rolling my eyes. It's just bankers trying to shake out the moronic retailers.

Ok, I like dividend stocks. But a very small amount of dividend stocks.

There's usually the one oversold company that is currently paying a really high dividend and you know they aren't going to go out of business and will eventually recover. For example Kraft Heinz right now.

The dividends are a hedge in case it takes longer to recover than anticipated because at a nearly 6% dividend you can accumulate more shares while waiting for the golden bull that you know is going to come a year or two down the road.

However you gotta know what is a dying company and what is just cycling through market trends. For example I would not buy T despite it fitting this criteria because I feel it's more going out of business than suffering from marketing cycles.

Short SNAP into earnings tomorrow?

tingle tingle 100 day MA

Attached: 18327489732947324.png (413x373, 17K)

So what's the safest dividen stock or etf to be in rn?

Come on ACB. Get to 10.

d-did you not see T's earnings report? record free cash flow. T is going back to 40

Just added to my KHC and IP positions today.

Thoughts on Halo Labs?

IIPR has now become must best performing stock, jesus christ

LOOONG . CGC

Yay made profit from that break out

What me did is make bunch of small stop trades at each candle

Two got stopped out but last one finally made it !!

take a look at

vxxb

pls help ;_;

TWTR

Attached: 1545686524946.jpg (646x700, 150K)

I was too cowardly, also it's too hard for me to tab between my lvl 2 on thinkyswim, tradingview for my notes and lines, and then robinhood to execute. Too many "nootropics" my fucking heart is gonna explode

Attached: XLR8.jpg (752x1104, 185K)

does not look appealing at all am I missing something?

i'm from eu and i use tastyworks. 1$ commission for options, 5$ commission for stocks iirc

anyone riding PHIIK

big DIICK

do not take advice from this man

anyone's thoughts on MU? Will there ever be another memory shortage like last time or is this an avoid?

riding it down, you mean?

Probably a good buy now. We're in the bottom of the cycle for semis.

ok im not gonna buy DRYS but i have to work 8 more hours so im just gonna sit here and hope noone fucks with me as I try to defeat my schizophrenia
also can i get neetbucks for being a schizo?

There might be another leg down (though no real indication there will be unless its triggered by general stock crash), but honestly, if you're going to hold for a few years, MU is an extreme steal at current prices. There won't be a prolonged DRAM oversupply situation. By late 2019 or early 2020, DRAM should stabilize and start trending upwards in price again. Micron themselves predict Q3 2019 as the turnaround point, but I think they ignore the global economic slowdown and the global delay in 5G buildout due to the retarded sanctions on Huawei in those calculations, so another quarter or two might be the case.

>doesnt trade on robinhood
fuck

I'm STILL disappointed this isn't a weed stock

SN

>leg down

Attached: 1547246570916.jpg (255x191, 19K)

weed stox are unironically bullish now

I regret all dude weed memes

wrong post to quote.. mb

Yeah, you can definitely get neetbux for mental illnesses that interfere with your ability to function

legs

Neat I got a few shares but I am slightly in the red so I was wondering if I should keep holding or not. I am basically at break even point so if it ever gets close to the moon I will be in a good position as long as I don't sell.

EU always insane comission ripoff, you are better off just saving EURO cash the coming deflation will buy anything

I'm waiting for the happening that's going to cause greater depression and oil moon mission Wednesday.

Exit your AMD shorts now at 24.24 - 25

ye, saved yall

I'm wondering what you guys think about emerging market etfs. They tend to have high yield with solid growth. My concern is that high yield is a sign of the lack of further growth.

Bears eternally BTFO

Attached: Screenshot_20190204-115140__01.jpg (1080x1185, 79K)

I have no idea what I am doing. Why shouldn't I put all of my money into GGN and collect double digit dividends? What is the real risk here?

If companies grow too big they are no longer part of those ETFs.

Vix isn't bouncing off 16. It seems like that it's safe to say that we're heading to 12...

im extremely short on having hair on my head. new earnings report show its way worse than analysts feared

fucking kill me

How do contracts get assigned?

Say I want to buy a call of F at $9.5 on Robinhood, would that ever be assigned to where I have to buy 100 shares?

Attached: 1548015762117.png (800x500, 730K)

>it's safe to say that we're heading to 12...
i wouldn't bet on it yet

nice graph brah

bulls really need to shut the fuck up

Attached: 1546666427660.gif (300x222, 294K)

short SPY at 2720 and get a hair transplant with the profit

it's your option, you decide whether to execute or not
that's the whole point of paying money to buy the options contract; when you hold the contract you get to make the call

mine's approaching 3 ft long lol
Also yes do this but at 2712

Attached: Sinister Kot.webm (640x640, 1.39M)

you should sell a call to close your position when you're profitable

did some reading and it seems that the dividends from REIT ETFs are taxed the same as REITs

CRON officially parabolic now. Looks like another Tilray situation.

If you're looking for a dude weed that isn't already overbought, check out Crop Infrastructure Corp. It has broken bullish but isn't overextended yet. All disclaimers regarding penny stocks apply.

So i think i wanna throw a stop loss on MGNA. What's a reasonable price where bounce back isn't really a viable option?
Was thinking $2

Attached: 1547300389389.jpg (426x400, 13K)

SMG
ACB
CGC
IIPR
KSHB
MRMD

Soaring to new 420 heights~!

You will lose all your money! You have to invest at the peak for maximum profit! TQQQUAD WERE YOU AT?

Attached: 1544213739664.jpg (450x418, 30K)

do hair transplants actually work?

>not buying SMG

How is goog looking going into this earnings call?

Attached: 1534179346712.png (646x700, 169K)

Bought a fat chunk of REFR. Getting bogged rn but I’m expecting to be green by the end of the day.

LCI taking off.

Attached: 1548466619432.jpg (295x300, 13K)

sell 271 SPY dailies. Yeet on these bulls

You can still look good, just go bald and shine your head bruh
At least you're not a pencil dick with a -10% portfolio like me