MtG Magic Gains

Just offloaded my entire stack.
Easy 3x.

Attached: Screenshot_20190204-132107~01.jpg (800x1280, 182K)

I left my wagie cagie to become a mtg stock trader. Now i buy cards i think will be big in the future and sell them once it happen. Comfy.

Attached: 20180202_015606.jpg (4128x2322, 3.14M)

how do you know which cards will be good

How do you know what's going to be big?

kek I have a huge pile of these. still not selling because its too much effort for not much money

I play since 15 years, and since 5-6 years at a pro level. I'm simply very good at the game and understanding the fundamentals. I made a grid with 15 differents standards a card should meet to become a future staple. If the card fit my standards, i invest in it. So far upon the hundreds of cards i invested in i maybe missed 2 or 3 times, so pretty accurate so far. Also it's important to know the numbers of reprints, the approx. printrun sizes of sets, and many others infos. If you aren't passionated by the game and not a very good deckbuilder, don't even bother to try, you will fail 100% sure.

Attached: 20180702_183039.jpg (4128x2322, 2.84M)

>it's to much effort to pick up literal 20$ bill and buylist them

Sell them you lazy fuck, they will reprint the shit out of the card and it will become worthless once again in few months, just like mishra bauble.

why would they though? that card never should have been printed. it's fucking broken. I remember scooping them up from piles people left on tables after drafts the week they came out thinking "these will be worth something eventually, they're too good"

hydroid crasis

Are you the faggot from the podcast m8

>implying jew of the coast give a fuck
They reprint to oblivion everything who have value because they are jealous of the shekels made on the secondary market and want their share of the pie. It's owned by hasbro, and hasbro shareholders only care about money, wake up user, of course it will reprinted.

considering how shitty is my english accent you wouldn't even be able to understand what i'm saying if i was podcasting.

Do you do online? I do a little of online trading with moderate success but it's a chore.
For example on the electrodominance spoiler I bought a bunch of restore balance at ~ .10 but got tired of clicking. I often have decent hunches. Went in on tempest djinn at sub .10 for example.

This one is pretty good

Attached: 1549040696344.png (375x523, 200K)

And another question, don't you think people inside wotc preempt the market and secretly sell on the secondary market.
It's obvious they leak info early to big stores like starcitygames.

Yeah course they do. Doesnt mean you cant profit off a shadowmoor common thats in loads of meta decks before it inevitably gets a 2nd reprint.

better dump it bro that cards not going anywhere

I trade real cards via online the biggest EU platform : mcm. It's a pain in the ass to make letters everyday.

>And another question, don't you think people inside wotc preempt the market and secretly sell on the secondary market.
Yes

>It's obvious they leak info early to big stores like starcitygames.
Yes, just a hint for you : look at the buylist prices of staples from scg or cfb. The buylist suddently go down 10$ but the card price didn't moved an inch on the secondary market? You can bet it will be reprinted within 6 months.

Anyone think there is a possibility for arbitrage between europ and usa markets? I'm in eu and cards seem somewhat cheaper.

Look at the date fren, purchased them for 3$/p in february of last year, unloaded them for 15$ the month after. Ultracomfy.
Recently i made a killing with RIP, purchased them few months ago for 5$, they more than doubled since then, i wait them to reach 16$ to unload.
Currently ending purchasing ensnaring bridge, it will soon become a big thing again very soon.

Maybe an /mtgfinance/ general would be an interesting relief from shitcoins.

No way, we yuropoor make so much less money compared to americhad it's not even fun. Tho what started to happen since march 2018 is big US stores getting a mail address in EU, creating an account on mcm and draining out all the RL cards away from the platform. I tracked few account owned by what i think were SCG and CK and they bought shitloads of duals and various edh RL staples like rector, replenish metalo or gilded drake last year.
So the bigger the price difference is, the more this practice will occur.

How big is the magic market? Ie, How many people try to stay current on meta, and how many of them are suckers/low information? I have no sense for the volume of people you guys have to sell to.

I saw many price differences but when I did the math after shipping and taxes it kinda evens out, then there is shipping risk and price change risk.

It would be indeed. For a moment i was doing a weekly finance thread on /tg/ giving away free advises about good spec and bad spec, and answering to anons asking me about cards, and i told them why they should go in or not.
But they were so many manchild crybabies commies complaining and raging about "muh scalpers" instead of taking advantages of the infos i gave for free that i said fuck it and stopped. (I am financeanon if you are a tg crossposter).
But i think it would be way more comfy to do it here, no trannies and raging commies among Jow Forumsnessmen.

if you knew how to play magic, you would see that that card is broken. buy a card for free and the 2 manas become whatever color you want. fucking dumb card.
a friend of mine also made bank by buying a shitton of jayces. broken fucking cards make massive bank once they become the meta.

This actually looks promising! I sure hope there's a Magic The Gathering Online Exchange for me to trade on.

Most mtg players hate the financial aspect of mtg, even though it's baked into the game.
Ironically the game targets a group of people that is trying to escape reality and it's capitalistic nature :)

nice!
>ensnaring bridge
really? that card's already expensive as fuck, why do you see it going up?

Well for common mortals like us it surely isn't worth the hassle, but for big stores with hundreds of thousands of liquidity it's pretty easy, they purchase for 100k of RL,get them delivered at a fake address who happen to be a friend lgs who confirm the arrivals and conditions, then get delivered it all at once. Now the price difference isn't large enough, but you wouldn't believe how HUGE it was just one year ago. Exactly one year ago, in january 2018, i purchased a playset of revised badlands for 32€/ea and a playset of bayou for 40€/ea. Could you believe it?

Why not just counterfeit?

Wow I just realized I got about a 10 bagger on those guru lands I bought like over a decade ago.

Undercosted spells, low mana cost in general, unique, strong or key abilities, single or no color, archetype definers, "best in slot", etc etc, play and love the game and you will get a feel for it.

>that card's already expensive as fuck, why do you see it going up?
KCI ban. Now all the players who spent a thousand buck in the deck wont let it go that easily, they will understand that half their now useless deck are pieces for lanternless and will build it. Lanternless alrdy started to get some visibility on various local top8's. The deck is strong in the actual meta and the worst matchup, tron isn't a big thing rn because of the hollow one and UR phoenix prevalence who are too fast for tron to handle.

MTG market is done. Fakes from China using the same printing method by wotc are everywhere and completely indistinguishable from the real thing.

Unironically the only way to have authentic mtg cards now would be with some sort of encrypted rfid tagging system and validator with a distributed ledger.

I still think they smuggle it to usa (maybe pro players who go to tourneys) because you don't want to pay tax over the true value, but you also don't want to send them uninsured in a box.

>tax
I mean customs tax

Really? If so, congratulation user, you just offered yourself a new Mcmansion and lambo.

>say the increasingly nervous chink for the 15616161661th time this decade
Get lost with your fake shit, even blinded and with my hands cuts i could spot them a mile away. Just the smell alone is enough to spot them. They still look like shit.

>thinks he can spot the good counterfeits because he can spot some bad counterfeits.

Kek.

Yes of course they don't pay tax on it, it's because how anonymous, unregistered and how customs are totally clueless about their value these assets started to interest cryptowinners during the great bitcorn bullrun.

I wish i screencapped the article from last year explaining how sicario in the US and some druglords were payed in alpha/beta RL staples to make their contracts because it was untraceable, super discreet (which cop will suspect a black lotus to be worth 100K $ seriously ?) and you could have hundreds of thousands worth of money in your pockets and mindlessly take the plane with them.

Man selling card is my fucking job, of course i can spot even your best 10th generation batch chink shit. Anyone with a 5$ x60 loupe on amazon can in 5sec top chrono: you can't reproduce the L in the green dot :). I'm not saying one day you won't be able to mimic new cards very nicely, because how jew of the coast don't give a fuck about quality control and how plastic-y and glossy are the new cards.
But you will never be able to reproduce old stocks. Simply because the paper used back then by cartamundi don't even exist anymore since almost two decades, nor the CYMB color pigments they used, nor the glue, nor the bluecore.... The day i believe modern cards are jeopardized i'll go back to the fundamentals and trade RL cards only. Also maybe it's a common occurence in muttlands because your circumcised shithole is full of liars, soulless scammers and shitskins cheater.
But here in yuropoor we maybe eat dirt but we still have principles for most of us. We simply don't want fake cards, nor scam honest anons out of their shekels. It's called being white.

Even if you know what's going to be good, everything not on the reserve list can be reprinted or banned on a whim by Wizards. And don't even get me started on speculating about unbans.

So I wouldn't call a children's card game a good investment.

I drafted Shadowmore a lot back in the days. Must have thrown away dozens of Manamorphoses....

Its why you spec on cards just after they rotate out of standard. You don't risk challenger decks and you are reprint-safe for 4 years in average. Bonus for cards with set-only keywords and tokens.