/smg/ Stock Market General

Big Dick Tea Edition

>I'm new to the stock market, what stocks should I buy?
Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
pastebin.com/y9PRQLR3

Earnings Report Calendars:
calendar.google.com/calendar/[email protected]
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

Boomer Investing 101
bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

Last /SMG/ thread:

Attached: c2ad5430-364b-012f-8cfa-005056960006.jpg (625x700, 323K)

Other urls found in this thread:

business.nasdaq.com/discover/market-bell-ceremonies/detail.html#!/!?ceremonyId=8478
nasdaq.com/press-release/material-science-company-gauzy-announces-second-factory-in-stuttgart-germany-to-produce-research-20190201-00471
sendvid.com/tt43sssk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

God bless gains !
Dow 35 k eooy !

Too late to get in on weed stocks? Am I FOMOing if I get in now? What about pot ETFs? Would that be a better way to go?

>LEG did nothing

Attached: x1mz.png (352x397, 169K)

Should I invest in 100% stocks still, even with an impending recession?

t. 1996 zoom-boomer

just fucking buy it

I thought you killed yourself.

Are you a Boomer or a Zoomer? Find out with this one simple test:

>your retirement account is larger than your taxable account: you are a boomer
>your taxable account is larger than your retirement account: you are a zoomer

15% bonds is what i might recommend just so you can pump a dip with your bond money but yeah, you are young, the time to take risks in now, not when you are 50. Just make them calculated, diversified risks and become a master of cost averaging. Time and patience are your greatest assets.

BUY REFR

Attached: 1547841592573.jpg (408x229, 45K)

I want to cum in Japanese pussy

You can't kill that which has never lived.

does anyone chinese here?

Attached: what did he mean by this.png (394x88, 3K)

Aren't you gay or something?

why not just buy options and bet against stocks then? Also why do you believe a recession is going to happen?

There has been a down turn about every decade, so we are due up for one. The recovery in employment and real estate are shaky at best and built on a rotten foundation.

$TENX

Attached: 140139824121.png (1000x1000, 128K)

you must have me confused with some one else

Seagate beat earnings and still took a nosedive. What happened?

>Am I FOMOing if I get in now?

Yes.

Yeah but the msg just kills it for me.

Attached: 5be35de41d00008b0031182e.jpg (482x298, 16K)

Trade deal uncertainty

aww cmon i had this saved and i have no idea what or when its from

The gentlemens choice once you poor fags make it like me.

Attached: 1549237123524.jpg (640x644, 49K)

80-20 bonds stocks.

Attached: slightly higher my ass.png (632x484, 9K)

the gay suicidal guy?

And that 20 percent stocks should not be cyclical.

for all we know a recession will be a big nothing burger or it will be more than 6 months from now, there is lots of time you got to make some money before then.

You'll make more money playing it safe. Sure, we might have another six months. Or we might just have one. You could easily get caught flat footed. If you want to time the market, you need to time it as broadly as possible and with as little risk as possible.

pls tho

stop trying to time the market and just buy SPY and QQQ as often as you can and fuck off and leave it alone for decades

timing the market is for people who make 15% annually during 25% annual bull runs and think they are trading gods

just buy and hold index funds

based VTSAX

You posted this in the last thread you fucking retard.

t. poor fag

Attached: 1549314305494.jpg (640x640, 43K)

hi friends
let's say i buy 2 shares of XYZ at open and sell both shares before close. if i sell both shares in the same order at the same price, is this 1 day trade or 2 day trades? if i sell 1 share at a certain price, then say a half hour later sell the other share at another price, is this 2 day trades?

theres been like a really big moon ass mission on school stocks
look at LRN, STG
GHC is chad staircasing

Attached: Oreo-Cookie-Club-January-2018-0008-733x733.jpg (733x733, 95K)

Real question:

Is it insider trading if I can find a company's internal emails and memos using a site crawler to pick through their corporate homepage?

It is not insider trading.

if you do not work for the company then you are not an insider

based

Grug has two rock. If Grug barter two rock to Longnose Tribe, then it two trades? If Grug trade one rock for more berry later, then two trade?

Attached: 1532871668968.jpg (789x669, 113K)

It's still insider trading if he's accessing nonpublic information.

pls grug i need to know

Attached: asdasd.png (365x276, 6K)

>Insider trading is the trading of a public company's stock or other securities by individuals with access to nonpublic information about the company.

Says google

If you buy/sell 2 shares at once (can be different prices if market buy), then it is one trade. If you space time between them, then it is two or more. I don't use RH, but this is common knowledge for every trading platform.

Attached: 2cf114d271c2af54302cf0785af9e415b8ccbe2c0008c3f42bf2c2111b122537.jpg (610x660, 68K)

Blessed T. - My Fat Yield and Divvy friend. You'll always be there for me.

Blessed AMRN - My fat growth and profit friend. You'll aid me in my quest to make back and then some every penny I've invested.

Blessed DIS - My decent Divvy friend. You'll always be there as long as the kiddies flock to Florida.

Blessed GE - Yes you've sank but oh how you've proved the haters wrong. Thanks to your Spinoffs I'll be making Profit and then some. Plus if you recover that's even more Profit for me.

Blessed FOX - No fault of yours that your owners took the fat bags of Cash offered from DIS. Thanks to them I'll be adding to my DIS position and make profit from the "New Fox" Spinoff.

Blessed COMCAST - Frankly your Divvy sucks, but that ain't your fault. Like DIS you'll always be there long as the kiddies flock to Florida.

Blessed LGF.A - Thanks for the Voting Shares my cheap ass friend. You're gonna profit me greatly soon as someone buys you for a song.

Attached: saupload_2snqpo.jpg (500x281, 28K)

thank you anime girl

you really think GE is fine now? still feels like it can tank at any second

in japanese it say
>got my ticket to lamboland, it cost me 1 gpro

Attached: 08b968cc03a43e01a97902cbbca8d048.jpg (706x1000, 427K)

Reposting for my REFR bros and people interested

business.nasdaq.com/discover/market-bell-ceremonies/detail.html#!/!?ceremonyId=8478
nasdaq.com/press-release/material-science-company-gauzy-announces-second-factory-in-stuttgart-germany-to-produce-research-20190201-00471
sendvid.com/tt43sssk

Attached: 1543463237069.jpg (750x745, 144K)

THREADLY REMINDER THAT DIVIDENDS ARE YOUR FREN

Attached: dividends-monopoly-man.jpg (423x245, 21K)

what div stocks are you holding fren

he holds visa and mastercard

I'm just going to go ahead and say it: that Kia SB commercial was unironically phenomenal. Fuck the haters.

Be honest, how much did you lose falling for the MNGA meme?

$46 here

Attached: 1496552306045.jpg (1280x720, 107K)

Any thoughts on AAPL? I've been hemming and hawing for a week now on it, but still unsure if worth buying.

>$JVA

Currently flying.

Attached: Roasted_coffee_beans.jpg (1600x1200, 598K)

It's definitely good long term.

The best time to buy was when it dropped to $147 and the ensuing media meltdown kept it there for a whole week.

very good!

Attached: 1 please.png (345x72, 3K)

Yeah, don't worry it'll happen again. Just like AMD; it'll tank back down to under 10 just as soon as Intel releases something that kicks AMD's latest to the ground.

should've gotten in below 150

>timing the market is for people who make 15% annually during 25% annual bull runs and think they are trading gods

Wow user you really believe that's what short term traders make?

I bought the top of AMD and I'm down like 50 bucks already.

i hate gpro, i have 1 share with total return at +$0.15

outside dividends from mutual funds, here's my current dividend portfolio:

AAPL, CSCO, DOC, IBM, IP, IRM, ITW, JNJ, JPM, KHC, KO, LOW, MO, MSFT, NOK, O, PFE, PG, PSX. SBUX, T, V, VZ

>JVA

Whoa nelly! What happened?

Attached: AnimuStocks.jpg (1027x600, 147K)

Intel sat on their ass for 10 years and will never catch up.
They lost the mobile devices market to ARM forever, and they're literally falling back to older chip fabrication processes while everyone else is putting out sub-10nm with good enough yields.

not sure. money manager says there's rumors of CBD coffee or some shit.

Damn they sure are keeping the Bezo's Divorce details under wraps ain't they. Surely the gritty details would've leaked by now. You can't keep something that high profile under wraps for long.

You know: what she gets, Amazon stock tanking over fear she'll get a big slice. Fear she'll sell her new shares and cause a ripple effect, that kinda thing.

Release the Details dammit! I wanna bag Amazon on the mega dip at under 1k. Do it! Do it now! Amazon at under 1k would be so very nice. Plz let the high flying Amazon stock tank hard so I can buy on the mega dip and make greedy profit on the upswing.

>rumors of CBD coffee or some shit

Ah. That'd figure. The 2017 'blockchain' effect. I remember when Kodak of all things got a massive pump because they had some kind of crypto involvement. It went from 3.05 to a peak of 13.28 in two days. This was right around the time Bitcoin topped out.

Attached: 1546716521354.gif (500x495, 750K)

$35.

Don't surprise me any. Police in the city today raided some dude who made Xanax laced Gummy Worms of all things.

>Intel sat on their ass for 10 years and will never catch up.
Nah. Foveros and chiplets on that active interposer is a step ahead of AMD's Zen 2 solution. They will be either equal or Intel will be ahead of AMD again when Zen 3 comes out. It depends primarily on how far along TSMC's chip stacking and active interposer technology has gotten.

yeee bouuuuuu
GPRO making /smg/ cashhhhhhhhh

Attached: flat,550x550,075,f.u1.jpg (550x472, 39K)

They have so many divisions some of which are incredibly profitable, they could always restructure their way into profitability if they chose, they would however have to take a short term loss at the expense of golden handshakes and employee buyouts. The chance of them really going under though is close to zero.

men are the producers and women are the consumers. she is going to sell that shit and spend it.

Not only that but the profit you'd make from the spinoffs would more than cover your GE investment. Hell the Wabtech deal alone will net you a nice profit. W is trading at $68 - 70 per. GE shareholders get 24% of W. What that is far as share ratio goes I have no clue but even if it's just one share of W that's still $68- 70 profit for free.

if me were multi-billion dollar CEO
would just have her assassinated :3

would be easiest for everyone

Attached: purgeem.jpg (784x505, 135K)

Speaking of dude weed involved speculative stocks with upside left, I have two on close watch. Or, I should say one on watch and one I've already made some profit on. Crop Infractructure Corp, which I have mentioned before. That one pumped 9% today. Not overbought yet, which is now a rare feature in the dude weed stocks. Second is a Canadian coffee shop chain called The Second Cup Ltd. which has had plans ongoing to convert some of its existing coffee shops to weed shops in future. This one is a little dicey and I wouldn't even bother mentioning it if not for the extreme bullishness of weed right now. Market cap: 39m, EPS: 0.13, P/E: 15. Chart is firmly in bear territory but has potential.

Wouldn't be so sure. Intel owns server market.

>GPRO making /smg/ cashhhhhhhhh

Unironically GPRO does look like it could break bullish soon. There isn't much resistance between current level of 5.13 and the upper descending trend line at around $6. Choppy waters probably around $5.50 but nothing some determined buy pressure can't run through.

if she suddenly died right now, bezos would be the prime suspect

Sorta want to pick up 1000 shares of ACB and short it when it hits 10. I've lost a shit ton of potential profit by being too bearish about dude weed.

Sold my 54 shares at 5.59 today after it dipped the second time and put it all into dude weed, which shit the bed around sour hour, but it's up again post market.

Did I fuck up /smg/ I've followed you guys since around August when I got my first pelgrant kick back, was down 200 Oct. Thru Dec.

Finally made my losses back today, but I started off with $1000 and put $200 in on Friday and today since dude weed seemed to be going parabolic.

As of right now I'm up $60 total, was considering putting a strangle on SNAP since the options are so cheap.

I think my main issue is I keep trying to time the market, and buying the top of the memes retards post on here, I've almost eliminated all emotion when it comes to trading though. My goal is to make an extra $1000 swing trading, and then start buying dividend stocks while paying down loans, I just moved back in with my dad, offered to pay rent, but he never said anything about it so I'll likely be seeing a lot of extra income.

Robinhood is being weird. I sent 5k and they said they'll give me 2k to invest until it clears, but only 200 shows up in new funds. But my buying power went from 20 to 500.. ..

>robinhood

They are going broke

yes, too late.
Top = maximum potential to bankruptcy
Bottom = maximum potential to $$$

What do you need those 50 bucks for anyway?
$20 should be enough for you

if you buy at two seperate times you pay double the commission retard

I sold before the RS thank God. Made like $150. Didn't get so lucky when it happened with CEI

Attached: 1528999999250.jpg (326x960, 64K)

5k is 5000 dollars.

They probably lost it in the tubes desu

So? With that kinda money they could never prove it

I cannot stop buying MKC, McCormick and Company.

My bank account looks like a drug dealer's bank account so I think BofA is a lil suspicious and staggers the amount I can send or receive in a short period of time.
They rejected a couple coinbase transactions over $100 recently.

Greetings all. I just wanted to stop and say.. I have never seen a bigger bunch of retards in on thread.

Thanks for letting me share

Bye

I never said anything contradictionary to your post so...no u retard.

Attached: 1547188119632.png (1600x2162, 711K)

it'd be considered to be hacking.
> inb4 crawlers aren't exploits
in that scenario you're using a piece of software to access non public information (ie not intended to be public).
even if they would misconfigure their mail servers and set you accidentially as bcc you would be a criminal by using that knowledge. it's like someone looses 100$ and you find it and don't give it back but buy stuff with it.
also kys.

She's not going to do anything to damage the stock. That's her kids stock in her eyes.