Telemarketing Calls 3x

Telemarketer calls tripped since applying for jobs. Fuck these job sites giving away my number.

>tfw 5-year electrician just got a business degree and can't get a job at k-mart

Attached: 1548385346994.gif (160x291, 3.76M)

Why don't you fucking go into business and knock on doors to see if people need any services.
You're already on the phone taking needless marketing calls might as well make some.

Every place I go into tells me to apply online or resume wont make it past front desk

that is a fat brap

You're a journeyman and want to make a career change?

Bro if you got a business degree and your a journeyman electrician just fucking open up your own shit are you that much of a fucking retard yes you are.

Overhead for indipendant services are little to none. If you got a business degree the fucking bank will even give you 60k to buy tools and a truck.
Work for 4 months picking up work and hire on an apprentice. 4 months after that you hire another Jman and you turn office, finding leads on jobs and estimating. Are you that much of a literal Norman my god.

no, my work was only full-time the first year, large scale construction has kinda dropped off after, still 2 years away from journeyman maybe 1.3 if fulltime.

Anyways fuck grunting i'd like to do the business side of things but not much there

Eh, just go into business. Stop outsourcing your client acquisition to other firms.

I'd need contractors license bub.. but a decent idea

>being this dumb and not getting the point
You have a skill and you need to get a job to exercise your skill?
Fucking go knock on your neighbours doors and make some cold calls with a phonebook to see if they need any shit fixed you lazy cunt.

This

Honestly, I'm in a somewhat similar spot as op just with minimal electrical experience and 2.5 yrs of a business degree. It's like op is my future self kek.

I honestly wouldn't want to make an electrical business. Just me personally. Plus long story short, I'll be an inside wireman journeyman, not a residential electrician. There's different types of electricians. I mean I could always one day become a contractor, but honestly it just seems like a fuck load of extra effort.

Also, only reason I'm finishing a bachelors is to be a teacher and make easy easy easy money.

>I'd need a contractors license bub
No you don't. Contractors licenses are protection for consumers for big jobs not $50 light switch installations.

>why am I poor when I don't actually want to work
hmmm......

Dude. You seriously remind me of me.. I went to trade school to be an electrician and totally regret it. Pay is shit outside of a union too (which i have an interview for in 1-3 months).
I thought I would like the business side too and am 2.5/4 yrs done with a bachelors and can graduate with no debt, but personally, I feel I would like teaching kids better. Chill environment amd teaching basic level shit. Higher barrier to entry to be a teacher but the work itself isn't as mentally draining. I honestly find the electrical trade to be skillful but I get anxiety with it so I prefer routine based work.

I mean I do hot tub install and fixture stuff but that isnt sustaining income, and I also prefer industrial work.
lol thinking about teaching myself now, whats with us electrician/business grads that gravitate towards low stress/childcare jobs?

I manage kids at the YMCA during the summer and none of the issues there compare to real life

Also, prepare to get a lot of "electricians make good money why diddnt you just stay with that?"

Attached: 1538522756220.jpg (1200x1813, 191K)

>I prefer industrial work
If you don't know anyone in the industry you're not going to get any industrial work.

And where the fuck are you from where you knock on neighbors doors asking if they need work done? Only a meth head would do that shit around here

Checked

Hey I am dreaming of making an 0verunity generator but only have experience with low voltage- the plans say to use a 120v dc (treadmill) motor geared 2:1 to run a generator head that outputs 240v ac then self power motor from the generator head. But it says you need an expensive boost transformer good for 3kVA. Any way to explain why/ what a boost transformer does and why its needed in layman's terms?

your building a 0verunity generator and dont know what transformer is? Or one rated for 3kVA?
double checked, you need a transformer to lower voltage pretty much just a bunch of resistance coils that brings down high voltage to low voltage, often used in industrial lighting.
If 3kVA is required then you'd need it not to blow system

Anyways what your doing is way way more eng. then most electricians do.

Maybe apply to amtrak for now. They have somewhat lenient job requirements. I went to industrial interviews before and holy chit, they expect you to know everything and don't want to train. Also fast pace and you have to work live. Not really chill unfortunately, but amtrak? Ik a guy in it and he told me he basically has most of the day to himself.

why do you need to convert to AC? Why not just power wheel with the DC power source?
I mean its a toy, your not powering a home..

Move over to the old people who have money neighborhoods like all the smart immigrants who make a living do.

just study up on emergency lighting, master/slave, step-down transformers, its all really just lighting

>amtrak
like working on high voltage train lines? live? fuck that
everywhere has made me work on live and working with one hand is usually the only protection you get

>be electrician
>be afraid of electricity
>wonder why you're unemployed

Fugg that's what I figured. I'll try to read up on It before I buy anything too expensive as I have no prior experience with high voltage electricity. Thanks for the insight brah. I mean if you want to make a quick $40-$80k while you fond something get a job as a Comcast or DIRECTV contractor installer. It should be Childs play to you

if you were a good electrician, had any business sense whatsoever, or didn't get your degree from full sail, you wouldn't be applying at k-mart

Working live is pretty ass, dude. Electricians are honestly underpaid for the work they do. I'd rather make less and feel comfy

You should talk to some teachers. Most of them say its sucks.

They probably don't have real world experience with actually demanding and hardcore jobs so they don't know how good they actually have it.

>underpaid
remember that's not how the market works. You are paid exactly what you're worth. If you don't you're either shit at what you do or a dumb dumb being exploited.

>you're either shit at what you do
Nope. Just a bad career overall. You can't just cherrypick and choose what the top 10% make. Most electricians cap at 60k unless they are in a union. For the work done, that's ass.

>bad career
Oversupply is your problem, move to a town that actually needs your services.

N yea the treadmill motor is justba standalone power source for the generator head, it should output 15a 1500w free energy to power a room of a house or my ideal-a bike or scooter of 4 wheeler that can run indefinitely.

Keep going, go full electrical engineer.

>tfw 5-year electrician just got a business degree and can't get a job at k-mart

That's because they don't want to train someone who's going to jump ship a few months later.