Since CS is cucked, what profession is worth it?

I used to want to do Computer Science but after realizing that the computing gold rush is over and all companies are now just out sourcing work to pajeets with exception to a select few.

The days of getting a 6 figure salary straight out of college with a bachelors in CS seems to be over. So what should I go for then, Jow Forums? Would something in healthcare be better?
What about:
>nursing
>physiotherapy
>Emergency Responder
Are these better and higher paying jobs than CS? In 2014 CS seemed like the king but now it just seems cucked as fuck.

Attached: im_a_pussy.png (655x509, 21K)

>nursing

Attached: 1547258488660.png (637x653, 463K)

Where do you live? RN Nurses in LA make HELLA bank with just an associate's degree (so no debt).
If you think you can handle the responsibility, I'd do it. I couldn't imagine it tho. Putting shots in people, sewing cuts, might kill someone by accident and lose your license, etc.
But also has an amazing work life balance.. 3 days in, 4 days off. Sheiiiit. I wish it was for me.

>make HELLA bank

Attached: 1529365775597.jpg (491x415, 38K)

My school just ended it's logistics program so I'm pretty much being forced into business administration, going with finance speciality. I already have a career so it really won't do much for me professionally, but I figure the shit I learn could help with my own portfolio.

I live in BC, Canada. I always thought about moving to the US if I got a CS degree.

Honestly I was also considering nursing but everyone always considers it a female job. What physiotherapy be better? I don't think I'll get a masters right after getting a bachelors though

He is right, it is good money and the 3 days off 4 days in is nice. You can probably get more done in 3 days off than you could worker shorter 5 days and having 2 days off.

However, I don't know how well males do the nursing industry. I read an article once saying patients feel less safe with male nurses/males tend to not enjoy it as much. Females are more programmed to be caring so some stranger can have a wound and it is literally harder for them to fix it than to not. If you are caring person fren, you should do it.

Also, some user made a thread the other day about being a firefighter, it seemed decent. I think it would feel good to do that job, also I feel like even though the pay might not be as good I think women find it somewhat attractive that you aren't just an office paper pusher.

Attached: 1543369287619s.jpg (250x197, 6K)

Tree nursery

You'll never find a high paying niche asking things like that

People know high paying fields that are difficult and require years of time investment or a prestigious network e.g. doctor and lawyer

Anything that's high paying and low-med effort input will inevitably end up a race to the bottom, and if it's a niche it's likely too late when Jow Forums burnouts are talking about it

OP I am a land surveyor. You should look into that. I walk around the woods all day and dig for buried treasure.

Licensed guys are DYING for fresh blood.

So much so in fact, you really don't even need a degree to dip your toes in these days.

Do it. At least you won't be at an office. And you will be making maps all day, which is neat.

Attached: colvin-1.jpg (218x351, 45K)

Attached: const ratchet.jpg (4032x3024, 1.83M)

>Anything that's high paying and low-med effort input will inevitably end up a race to the bottom
so like CS/software engineering

Seems comfy mate. Do you have contracts with mining companies as well?

Exactly I thought it was self evident that CS is a good ex

I don't do that shit, but you sure could.

currently going to college for CS and im thinking about getting into a niche. i have an interest in scuba diving and aviation as a hobby, does anyone else know if those would be lucrative to get into? for example perhaps i could become really knowledgeable on dive computers or avionics. please tell me another user is tangentially related to this field.

javascript/web devs arent the same thing as actual high level software developers who know their shit.

but of course, op could learn java or some other actually gay shit.

not my problem

Get a job as a firefighter. Either join the military and be trained up there, or join a volunteer fire department that trains you for free. max out free training , get industrial fire job at a mine or plant.

Get a good paying job where you work outside! You will love it while you're young. Take your time and go to school for a career in the future.

I've been in construction all my life. I love that every couple weeks i'm somewhere different and getting fresh air. I don't go to the same office building and see the same people everyday.. I meet so many people and get a good workout. One day I plan on getting a job inside but not till i'm older.

Trust me.. you will love it.. but make sure it pays good or you're just going to be feeling like a slave everyday. The pay has to be good!

all new RN's require bachelors minimum in CA

Attached: nlRomV1qzr81to1_400.jpg (400x324, 23K)

CS is a vast, vaaast field. Of course that low hanging fruit positions will be easily outsourceable! Find a promising niche!!!

Is CS really that fucked? I’m a freshman, what would you guys suggest I major in now?

Don't listen to these salty one-cellers user, either major in something useful like CS or math or engineering, OR, get fucked in the ass repeatedly trying to make a living in something totally unrelated to your major. I did CS precisely to avoid the latter option and it was probably the best choice I've made in the last 10 years

These guys are retarded. Pajeet work is outsourced to pajeets. But the whole point of getting a degree in engineering or CS is so that you can do the work that pajeets can't. Major in pure math and minor in CS, you'll know what I'm talking about. If you aren't being forced to solve complex differential equations or prove Markov's inequality you aren't being pushed hard enough

I’m horrible at math. Calc 1 was a struggle for me and I still have plenty left for only a CS degree. I don’t think I could ever major in math.

specialize in a particular software that most people don't want to touch: vmware, splunk, netsuite, office 360, SS_S (all the microsft stuff), markit etc. Even some of the more fun, recent stuff like kubernetes, azure & azure devops, graphql...
i interned at an investment firm while doing my soen degree and saw the consultants there making bank doing any one of these. They would work for 12-18 months, switch over to another bank/investment company and rotate back and forth to keep their consultant status and those tax deductions.

I've also seen full time employees get stuck just below middle management because they only had technical degrees (usually 18 month programs, or cegep here in quebec) so dont give up a cs degree just yet.

Where can I learn azure/azure devops? Any good resources? My Comp Sci degree is fundamentals for the most part

That’s what undergrad degrees are meant to provide. No one graduates as an expert. Self study, lab work will get you sitting pretty. Also what’s this meme biz buys into where CS work is only shit tier development? Infrastructure, ops, security, etc lead to great careers.

at a startup that uses azure as part of their stack dumbass. Or you can get a certificate or someshit and give hiring managers a good laugh as they toss your resume into the trash

Yeah, I know the fundamentals are important. Just wondering where I can learn the Azure stuff to get a job in that direction. Don't wanna get stuck in some gay web application shit

desu i would love to sit and write some react front end all day but like you implied thats really not where the money is

D:

good luck getting into those as a newcomer as the economy is stagnating tho. This isn't 2012 anymore. You're competing with people who have 5+ years of experience and grind leetcode hards all day

there's lots of money in react development. easily 170k base in the bay area. Obviously lots of competition and there will only be a surplus of jobs until 2020

im comfy in montreal right now. i've been doing netsuite for about a year now and can see a career in it. My buddy was offered 120k with oracle here where cost of living is significantly lower. $1800/month gets you a hella nice place downtown, and half that if you move into the immediate surroundings. are you in the bar area?

why until 2020