How does this not BTFO LinkPool?

clcg.io/
>Run node on AWS
>Use Honeycomb API Marketplace to find data
>Get Nodarized (oracle certification service) which gives access to all external adapters on Honeycomb marketplace.
>Get listed as a viable node
>Reputation solid
>Profit

Attached: Screenshot_20190205-153938.png (1130x2048, 268K)

Other urls found in this thread:

clcg.io/whitepaper
forkdelta.app/#!/trade/0xdec2a83cf1f29cd9570f9d63bb91cb777ee3cbc1-ETH
bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5101456.0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>competition is bad, goy

I don't think Johnny would have helped with their whitepaper if it was some sort of "threat" to Linkpool.

clcg.io/whitepaper

It's actually great. This seems like it could be an even better option.

The founder of Linkpool is an official member of the Chainlink team, so I'll go with Linkpool

If you liked Linkpool ICO for the insane returns, Umbrella DAO is running a reverse ICO on forkdelta.

The entire market cap of the ICO is $120k. There’s sure to be a huge return.

details:

forkdelta.app/#!/trade/0xdec2a83cf1f29cd9570f9d63bb91cb777ee3cbc1-ETH

bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5101456.0

Or just join the discord to get some free tokens.

alternatively get a NaaS from Linkpool and serve APIs from Honeycomb

I don't see them as competition at all, as clcg.io provides certification service and API marketplace, afaik linkpool only offers NaaS and regular staking. oh and clcg.io provide ext.adapters

Both of them are here to scale and grow the ecosystem... based jonny and based finnish CEO. 2019/2020 gun b gud

fuck off faggot

do we require shares for this like linkpool?

This will still very much be a hands-on process. You have to set up AWS, run a node, think about good APIs and etc while with LP jonny would just take care of everything

you pay for every API call, no subscriptions or deposits needed. there could be some sort of ICO for investment purposes though

The clc group members in the discord are a bunch of normie faggots

all of these things are based on the assumption that contract operators are just going to blindly trust any node on chainlink to complete their job, which is insanity. nodes are going to carry trust, weight, and that has nothing to do with how many pointless tokens they're "staking".

if you want to run a node thats used for important purposes, you're going to need to be a well known company or figure, either serving your own data directly, bypassing chainlink, or serving it over it. nobody outside of hobbyists is going to trust anybody on the network to serve them data.

So we are back to square one?

What do you exactly offer as a solution?

lmao you don't understand chainlink

chainlink is trying to outsource trust, given the data is coming from centralized apis anyway, it makes no sense to allow any node to be the middleman, especially given how api operators will be very aware if their data starts being scraped by chainlink nodes, given the huge influx if duplicate traffic that is necessary to trust random unvetted nodes.

you do realise this is fully endorsed by smart contract.com, Sergey et al.

the success of the chainlink network largely relies on the greatest and most diverse distribution of link nodes.

If node operation is made so simple by SaaS, the average hobby tech idiot will soon be able to spin one up and contribute to the network scale, whilst earning a tidy little profit from his efforts. It's a win win for Sergey and node operators.

Obviously the majority here can envisage how profitable running a node will be and token price potential, hence the 100K+ stacks eagerly waiting to get staked.

once this thing is serving up API's more frequent than a soup kitchen spoon, the price will follow.

Attached: 1546123726013.gif (309x421, 2.75M)

isnt this against the whole point of LINK anons?
> runs node on honeycomb and then the other nodes chosen run honeycomb
single point of failure? what's stopping these pajeets from giving bad data?

This was reviewed by Johnny & Thomas.

Basically this.

>be smartcontract requester from insurance company
>want flight times to be decentralizedly validated for security purposes
If your flight arrives 5 min late, I pay your ticket. I'd rather want 1000 nodes with low stack validating the flight time instead than a big fucking identity that can falsify data / be hacked / have security vulnerabilities. You truly don't understand how Chainlink usecases affect to the different outcomes and the network usage.

You don't "run a node on honeycomb". Did you read the whitepaper? Be honest now.

you don't run nodes "by" honeycomb, they're basically uber or airbnb for APIs and nodes.

inb4 this whole thread was just the finnish ceo larping with his team members

I thought Burak was a turkish name lol

t. burak

Oh shit you caught me

Can ANYONE tell me what tier AWS you need to run a good link node? I cannot get an answer about this anywhere. Do you need enough storage to hold the whole eth blockchain (250gb+), how much is aws going to cost a month? Is it possible to be cost effective?

I dont understand why noone else cares about this. If you need a $250/month aws package to run a good node then aws is completely unviable for most node operators.

A shit ton. Go with fiews Eaas or with Linkpool's Naas and you will still save money if you are willing to be a high reputation node.

thats why you subscribe to fiews or linkpool's EaaS so you dont have to sync the entire chain

The best way that I can think of would be to use linkpool's NaaS and browse APIs with honeycomb, or just LP all together

Im generally against using LP because i dont want to waste my money of their spastic as token so i can have a node with more than 2 link in it. Ive got 80k link right now, will probably buy up to 100k later this year and i dont want to have to sell 1/3 of that to buy LP scam tokens.

instead of buying that new car, or that latest 5d TV set, or expensive sneakers for your shit faced kids...

get a dual comms line with gprs backup or satellite service, decent hardware setup for nodes, with a UPS and back up supply generator. run reliable node 24/7 365, make passive for foreseeable future... then buy the bullshit.

Attached: 34577646356246526.jpg (410x539, 175K)

You don't need LP tokens to use NaaS, only for priority staking for the first months. That's a common misconception around Linkpool and the consequence of intense FUD campaigns against them.

Are you me? My ebuyer list is literally what you just listed out, good shit user. See im trying to decided whether to pull the trigger on all that gear or get aws. Im leaning toward hardware right now.

Thats good info actually cheers

thank you for reposting my meme fren

Attached: 1541101411375.jpg (400x402, 84K)

tfw you realise operating nodes will be the next dropshipping craze, only this time instead of shipping overpriced fidget spinners for retarded zoomers you're shipping data that literally powers the 4th industrial revolution and will be responsible for mass automation of jobs and human suffering

personally im all in

fortunately I already have the aforementioned equipment at home for other reasons. however I'd wait to know all your options before pulling the trigger on a load of gear.

as per , the intentions are for node operation to be as easy and cost effective as possible to speed up network scaling. it is all that matters to some degree.

one of the few I've saved.

thats one angle friend.

>later this year
Not going to make it

ooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: clcg-disrupt500.png (482x500, 181K)

Better hope the Honeycomb data source is legit otherwise it could fuck all your staked LINK.

This is my fear do I won't be jumping into this or linkpool for a while until I see how the early adopters are getting on.

In a previous job, we were stung by being early adopters of a new software version and since then I've always been cautious around being the first on new software.

If an API data is incorrect every other node pointing at that API will return the same value, hence not being penaltied.

if you dont see an issue with that then I dont know what to say to you

The fud around the Umbrella DAO ICO is unreal. That should tell you it’s worth buying

The thing is that we need several APIs data sources, not just one. It's not a Chainlink problem.

> contract creator picks 5 nodes
> all 5 nodes use honeycomb
> honeycomb returns wrong data

Hey man great info, can you redpill me a little on the specific hardware you're talking about here? I would be interested in running a node of my own if possible

>honeycomb returns wrong data

honeycomb seems to be a marketplace to subscribe to api sources. you can get those sources from other websites regardless of honeycomb. what are you trying to say?

>he thinks chainlink solves the human trust problem

we've been through this fud by now...just ask for multiple sources as a requester to add security for your usecase

t. brainlet

> clc pajeets 'accidentally' roll out adaptor update that always returns incorrect data all the time
> sorry about the technical difficulties

>contract creator picks 5 nodes
>all 5 nodes use honeycomb
"Using honeycomb" can mean having 10 different data source and aggregating them offchain.
It's still not a Chainlink problem. If you distribute the trust, you minimize the risk.

through one service owned by a bunch of anons

kek

Agreed. I'm not a shill and I dislike the fact that I don't know much about them.

what a fucking dumbass.

>through one service

you do understand you can get 10 diff data sources as if you were getting them without honeycomb? think of honeycomb as a website that just shows you different API sources you can pay to use.

why do I even try. some linklets are braindead

im not spoon feeding you idiots read the wp
> clc run adaptors in SaaS

Some are undead and trustless.

THIS IS BAD NEWS FOR LINKPOOL HOLDERS

>you do understand you can get 10 diff data sources as if you were getting them without honeycomb? think of honeycomb as a website that just shows you different API sources you can pay to use.
t.