How is this acceptable? 8 hours working, 8 hours sleeping already takes 70% of your day...

How is this acceptable? 8 hours working, 8 hours sleeping already takes 70% of your day. That's not factoring in the time you spend commuting or the unpaid preparation before work OR the shitty 1 hour unpaid lunch break.

You are likely spending at least 80% of your life wasting away, and if you work on weekends it's more than that. How is this acceptable? I plan on killing myself over this realization.

Attached: suicide.jpg (638x850, 234K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivorship_bias
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

There are two worlds

Either u become a system slave, or u do what the fuck u want and bear the consequence

The redpill is that making 30k a year doing what u want is 10x harder than making 100k being a corporate slave.

your entire life revolves around working. you wake up in the morning 1-3 hours early. this period of time entirely revolves around getting ready and getting to work. this is unpaid time btw. then you put in your 8-10 hours. you then spend the next hour after work commuting, and/or getting dinner. you will finally arrive home maybe 1-2 hours after getting off of work. you then have maybe another 20+ minutes of cleaning, organizing, preparing your items for tomorrow. By the time all this is said and done you maybe have 2-4 hours to yourself in which you are too fatigued to do anything.

it's literally slavery.

I am still trying to do this, I have spent 4 years and it has failed. I am trying again this year, I hope it works this time or I kill myself

slaves had it better off, their master was supposed to give them food and roof, if master could not provide food, roof and safety from other bandits, the slave was auto-freed to fend for these basic needs himself

this is slaves in ancient world, not niggers, they were treated like animals either way

the consequence is
that you can't even buy a home without credit
that you can't find a woman because no energy
it literally just keeps you alive with some extra money that just enables you to not be completely poor

>That's not factoring in the time you spend commuting or the unpaid preparation before work OR the shitty 1 hour unpaid lunch break.
That shit pisses me off. It's supposed to be "balanced" yet most of your moments awake are spent being someone's bitch. It's horseshit.

yeah working is fucking shit are there any actual positive outlooks in the near future that will relieves any of this? UBI for example?

I also would prefer to not be forced to take breaks just so I could get out earlier. Most jobs are ass. Luckily, there is ONE job I can imagine doing. Unluckily, I fucked up HARDCORE and it will take time to reach that cush job.

Yo I can’t even make 30k as a corporate slave. Who the hell is paying 100k?

Ubi has had test runs. Iirc, some part of california is going to do a test run in the near future. I don't see it helping anytime soon tho

Yup.
I come home from work and I barely have the energy to watch TV without falling asleep. The depression after 7 years of doing this is starting to hit hard. Have not had the energy to pursue anything in this time. Worst part is I'm single and have zero to show for this time. I've been paying off someone else's mortgage and starting to put on weight from stress eating.
At least if I was a slave I would know there were plenty of other people in the same boat. Our generation is consumed by fake social media showing everyone having the time of their lives.

On an unrelated note, don't get yourselves into debt unnecessarily. Car loans, credit cards, personal loans. It just isn't worth it in the long run. Realizing if I just saved money from the time I started working I wouldn't have an overdrawn bank account right now and struggle to pay rent. I guess this goes hand in hand with being depressed from working and spending money to try and keep myself 'happy' in some form.

bois keep grinding until 2024 at least
if nothing changes by then I don't blame anyone for commiting sudoko

>I posted it again for these whinging babies

Attached: images (10).jpg (679x452, 37K)

>gulp gulp gulp gulp
Shut the fuck up, faggot. What a literal cock sucker. You aren't someone's bitch by needing to harvest some food.
You aren't told when to wake up and when to be at work. You aren't told you can only take breaks depending on when the company says when. Etc.

Attached: 1544432649190.jpg (720x764, 142K)

And you certainly aren't being priced out of society via inflation due to your government spending money on your behalf for the sake of wars through (((debt))).

and even if you want to take a vacation, the whole time you will be worried about the pile of work and emails you will come back to

Attached: d19340d87a93f2d7d1fb7bb9d2293e08--school-tomorrow-reaction-pictures.jpg (709x765, 44K)

Welcome to the fastlane my fren

Yeah, well... the resources needed to keep you alive have to come from somewhere, don't they?
Really don't understand the mentality of those who don't want to work. Do you want others to work for you so you can slack off all day?

Attached: 1422656016668.jpg (490x490, 45K)

we just want to work in something thats fulfilling. also the 9-5 model is completely outdated and unnecessary, there are other ways of being productive that dont require being 9-5 5 days a week 40-60 hours. its just the system we are stuck with from a boomer bygone era, all the work but without the benefits (wages have been suppressed since 1972)

Attached: 8a4.jpg (316x202, 7K)

>70%
>16/24
>8/12
>4/6
>2/3
>70%

Attached: B663980D-C741-4941-BA40-681D835185AB.jpg (403x448, 34K)

>Just give me money dad!! Give it give it give it now!! I hate you so much for raising me!!! Waaaaahhhh blub blub why are you SO SO unfair. AghhhHHHHHWGH WAAAAAAAA sniff
Haha, you are wrong youngin, and here's why: Living as 'nature intended' you are terrified all the time that you are about to die if you can't get one more meal to just live for one more day in a world of ruthless competition to the limits of brutality. Preadators, twisted ankles, and if-poisioned food constantly stress you beyond belief too.
Go try it, live in the woods hunting and berrypicking. You will come crawling back begging for the easy luxury of just doing what you are told for hamburger tokens, my young boy.

Attached: nerv-headquarters-evangelion-tent-01.jpg (640x452, 60K)

>what are errands
>what are going grocery shopping, budgeting, cleaning the house, taking care of family shit, taking care of pets, meal prepping, repairing shit around the house/cars

let me guess, youre just a lazy slob who video games as soon as he gets home

THEN GET BACK INTO YOUR CAGES

Attached: 7D7A18D8-2789-4423-B8C0-1E9EC089ACED.png (663x715, 202K)

people with stem degrees

>>what are errands
>what are going grocery shopping, budgeting, cleaning the house, taking care of family shit, taking care of pets, meal prepping, repairing shit around the house/cars
None of which were mentioned in the 70% figure in the OP
>let me guess, youre just a lazy slob who video games as soon as he gets home
Just finished renovating my entire basement on my half acre of property actually. Having a nice cup of joe looking out the window at my enormous backyard.

>we just want to work in something thats fulfilling.
Then do it? There's plenty of fulfilling work out there. Sports, art, cinema. Oh, you don't have any talent for "fulfilling" work? Sucks to be you.

>you are either a neanderthal or a wagie

Your analogies dont touch on the core issues that OP is bringing up. People havent had to pick berries to survive for more than 5000 years but factory workers and minimum wage slaves are a 20th century invention. Before working in a factory could net enough to raise a family. Now working for the richest man alive at amazon doesnt even pay basic bills. See the difference?

>Go try it, live in the woods hunting and berrypicking. You will come crawling back begging for the easy luxury of just doing what you are told for hamburger tokens, my young boy.
Well, retard. Think about it. If a lion is caged all their life, will they survive in the wild? No, because they are not accustomed to the life anymore.
Same logic as to why I'm not doing it. I also find it funny how you actually ENJOY being someone's bitch.
How can you enjoy relying on the mercy of an employer for survival? And most pay shit too. 62% of jobs pay either hardship wages or barely livable wages. Complete ass.

He doesn't. He likes getting cucked with pay.

Most people crying about wagecucking are guys who took the career meme and then realized education means jack shit

prove me wrong, i have never seen a trader or community college guy crying about this, only overeducated people

>How can you enjoy relying on the mercy of an employer for survival? And most pay shit too. 62% of jobs pay either hardship wages or barely livable wages. Complete ass.
You don’t have to rely on an employer. That’s the entire basis of capitalism. Be your own boss.

What do you guys suggest, then? You can't just throw a tantrum and demand 4 hour work days and $30/h minimum wage.

Slaves in Africa were actually treated better than Roman or American slaves m8

Well, they can, it just won't do any good.

You can always move to Niger, Somalia or Moldova, bring the USD with you, even 100 dollars and you can live like a king.

Live like a king, with only one of your mcburgers salaries for 10 years.

Its that simple gois, just work for 1-6 months, cleaning toilets, you can scrap up $5000 dollars, with that kind of money you can buy a mansion and wineyard in Moldova, and fuck any ukrainian and moldovan pussy passing by.

>entire basis of capitalis
No friend the entire literal base of capitalism is the wagie. If everyone owned their own businesses there would be no more employees. Capitalism allows you to sell your labor to a business owner l.

Please tell me how wagies with trash credit sre gonna get a business loan from a bank when yhey have no track record of running a business? Answer: they cant.

Less government interference in my ability to work for myself and less gibs to the NEETs from my wages.

>If everyone owned their own businesses there would be no more employees
And capitalism would still work, businesses would just be smaller until mass automation of labour jobs (which would actually occur quicker than it is today, given the increased demand).
Unfortunately, most people are pussies and don’t want to risk their minimum wage earnings for a shot at success.

all the people defending 9 to 5 itt
never felt more disgusted by people like you

Attached: 1537787660239.jpg (250x250, 6K)

>Please tell me how wagies with trash credit sre gonna get a business loan from a bank when yhey have no track record of running a business? Answer: they cant.
Answer: start a smaller business with your own capital. Prove you can run a business. Then apply for a loan. It’s not rocket science.

>shot at success
That’s the problem. The risk is sometimes not worth it if you already have a decent job.

>if you already have a decent job
If you already have a decent job, then you shouldn’t be complaining about it. If you’re not happy, change something. Take the risk that too few people are willing to take.

Yes, we still do live in nature in some areas. Technology might have blessed us with free entertainment, nearly-free basic calories, and fewer wars, but we haven't eacaped competition in all areas. As population increases, so does competition for scarce rescources.
In this case the scarce rescource is 'jobs' factory output is largely automatically generating bread and butter and basics of life for use, and distrubuted at a low price. This supports a large population of wagies, who them compete for jobs and drive down wages. It's really OPs fellow wage slaves who are the problem... If a few million of them died off, there would be less competition, and the factory job would start paying more.
The alternative is to go live in the woods. But rational actors know that staying here is still a better deal.
Of course the real answer is to gain a unique skill and escape competition: the thing humans have been doing to escape the tyranny of nature in the first place: you your big brain to think up then set a fish net - no other animal can do that so we escaped competition and enjoyed a bounty of fish. Or planning and planting crops and managing them, far too long term for any animal, big brain required. Or learning how to write smart contracts... Few wagies to compete with

Attached: 1547858283239.jpg (880x864, 303K)

And if you fail, you and everyone depending on you is fucked. All for a “chance” at success.

You give people too much credit. Over 50% of America apparently has 0 savings and even more have debt at an interest rate over 20%. What capital?

Its their fault but see how starting a business will never be an option for them? People drank the kool-aid and "success" comes from going to school and making a wage.

To start a legit business you need to register, get licensed, get insurance, applications. Where i live to open a weed dispensary the application cost $250,000 dollars. To open a store to sell a plant.

I have a tough time believing that, but I have about $7k lying around.

Yeah, it’s a risk, I believe I said that already. You can mitigate risk with a good plan. It takes a lot of effort. Would you rather take the chance and fail or be unhappy the rest of your life, wondering what your life would’ve been like had you succeeded?

>You give people too much credit. Over 50% of America apparently has 0 savings and even more have debt at an interest rate over 20%. What capital?

>Its their fault
Bingo. They could start saving today if they want to. Many people would rather live outside their means for the illusion of wealth than actually have money.
Education is also partially to blame, I don’t think we do a good enough job educating kids on the intracacies of the financial system.
>To start a legit business you need to register, get licensed, get insurance, applications. Where i live to open a weed dispensary the application cost $250,000 dollars. To open a store to sell a plant.
It’s not just “a plant”. It’s a controlled psychoactive substance. Barriers are in place to prevent any weed dealer starting a weed business out of high school. I don’t think it’s as dangerous as the government believes it is either but it’s a necessary precaution. There are a million other things you could do first.

crackers treated slaves how they treat their souls everyday...really sad to see.

>At least if I was a slave I would know there were plenty of other people in the same boat

Literally responding to a thread about the same issue hes going thru. lol

also, you might be depressed and thats the reason for your lack of energy. i work 40 hours. 1.5 hr commute everyday. cook my meals and then drive to my studio to paint for 4 hours. sleep for 6 hrs. and at it again.

its honestly the art that is giving me the energy and keeping me from falling into the pit like you have been over the last 7 years. also, stop paying off someone elses debt.

>Time is more valuable than money

>70%

ALSO, men NEED something in their lives that they do FOR THEMSELVES. a pursuit. not money, not women, not status but mastery of some sorts. If you have that then it makes it easier, it still sucks cuz there isnt enough time in the day due to 8hr work days + commute + food. But it helps a huge deal.
Thats why people always say "find your passion" ... "find something you want to master, something which you can grow with side-by-side" and overtime it will pay you back.

>anime saved on computer
>youngin
>preadators
>my young boy
take it from an actual 33 years old boomer, it's painfully obvious you're in highschool

>spending money to try and keep myself 'happy' in some form
this. I'm pretty nicely paid but I spend all my money mostly on weed and alcohol cuz I can't handle this kind of life without it.

>modern work is slaveryposting
>Medieval peasants worked less than us posting

You niggers are the most gullible fucks out there, holy shit.

I'm not defending the corporate culture of our era, and yes the grind sucks, but you aren't serious right?

And most of you live in the developed world too.

>I'm pretty nicely paid but I spend all my money mostly on weed and alcohol cuz I can't handle this kind of life without it
You’re digging your own grave then. Let go of your crutches, endure life as it’s meant to be, and grow your wealth. Sacrifice your present for the future.

if you actually think that work should be a requirement to live in modern society you a fucking sociopath or deluded boomer. Fuck off with this nonsense, that in the 21st century we must now work harder than ever? yeah im sure that its law of nature to go to mcdonalds everyday and flip patties, exact same thing, survival and wageslavery... capitalist fags are straight up retarded.

Well I went to trade school and did an associate's in the electrical trade and personally regret this shit.

becoming a master without making money first is as useful as a dick popsicle

>if you actually think that work should be a requirement to live in modern society
Good lord the arrogance. The entitlement. Life IS work, jackass. It has been since the beginning of time. Do you think you’re above life? Is this what we’re teaching our kids these days?

Stop watching TV

I personally don't mind working, it's the hours plus how fast pace most jobs are (they want to maximize profits so they want you to work like a machine with no room to breathe). Also, employers are cut throat and create a toxic work environment.

One HUGE problem has to do with the cost of living.
Example: home in Texas that is 3.1k sqft costs 185k. In california? Basically about a mil.

If I lived in texas,I'd only have to wagecuck until I paid off the house and could then probably live off of part time.

Basically, homes shouldn't be retardedly expensive. They should be sold cheaply and follow texas's example.

>If I lived in texas,I'd only have to wagecuck until I paid off the house and could then probably live off of part time.
Then move to Texas.

I keep seeing enormous wage and home prices disparities between states like 1m home in cali but 134k home in Texas
And 100k/year or 30k/year for the same job but in a different job.
Can people make like some arbitrage by working in a high wage place with a shitty pied a terre then buy some cheap house?

>Tfw I'm actually 34, but I still don't know how to act like a boomer properly, and still can't be bothered spell checking.
The good part is I can relate to youngins

Attached: 1539582634990.jpg (562x768, 120K)

basicly work till you can retire then move to other country with beneficial currency ratios that will up your standard of living considerably
>unemployed fag myself at 30 in 3rd world country living in rural area with no prospects whatsoever, yeah sucks to be me, and no can't kys because it would devastate my family

Attached: bambispaceprograme.gif (255x212, 1.98M)

I always wondered at what point would the locals just kill the guy moving in with all of the valuable currency.

take the green pill and buy a farm,grazing land and forest for cheap in eastern europe and balkans where its still cheap and close to europe

Attached: 1542175721187.jpg (1022x1220, 716K)

UBI is the solution. We all need to become NEETs.

Attached: DSAKCz1V4AA6rPM.jpg (1200x756, 77K)

based and moldovapilled

Are you homo really complaining about 4%?

The original rationale was "8 hours for work, 8 hours for rest, 8 hours for what you will." It's fucked up beyond hell. If you really want to get mad, read Kapital vol 1 or at least a rundown of its concepts regarding necessary labor time.

dont move to 3rd word country and into the sticks obviously but to some medium sized town with potential for growth

If everyone were neet, there’d be no one to generate income for UBI.
>70% - 66.67%
>4%

>"8 hours for work, 8 hours for rest, 8 hours for what you will."
What is exactly is fucked up about that? Are you another teenager who believes everything should just be spoon fed to you your entire life?

Funny how 80% of the wagies complaining have no idea about what it is that fucks them in the ass.
Protip: its not your boss or company its tje fucking inflationary fiat system with (selected) people that are allowed to run the loan scheme.

Accumulated debt over the years has to be paid back in some way or another. It doesnt matter where it is in the system.

>If everyone were neet, there’d be no one to generate income for UBI.
robots. but big corporations will never let those be taxed. or it will take a very long time (decades) at least.

>get JD
>self employed tort lawyer
>take 5-6 car wreck cases a year that net about 15-20K in legal fees per case
>settle them and never go to trial
>do about 2 weeks worth of actual hard work per year, the rest is emailing and talking on the phone
fuck man the older I get the more I genuinely pity you guys. I don't do shit. I havent been to my office in a month. I am learning how to draw and spend all of my workday learning about perspective and shading and crosshatching. Right now i am sitting on my bed phoneposting and chilling with my dog. I will literally NEVER go back to wagecucking ever again for any reason. You guys got meme'd hard and I hope you find a way out. I intentionally never tried to network or be a bigshot lawyer or work at a huge firm for this exact reason.

We are a long, long way from robots generating enough income to support an entire nation.
Corporations don’t make the tax laws, the government does. If corporations made the laws tax would not exist whatsoever.

I'm my own boss. Thing is if you're not your own boss then you're a slave. Break free from the slavery that is work and become the boss so that other people slave for you and you reap the benefits and profits of being the boss. You do have to be responsible with your slaves/employees if they're not producing.

how do i become a boss?

Attached: 02f.jpg (655x527, 59K)

inb4 people tell you to start your own business without any fucking hints. I have 9 failed businesses

Slash the government budgets
Kill the rich and take all their wealth
Enslave all of africa until we have robots to replace them
Print money for everything else

The NEET dream is a real possibility today

>Trust me goys, being petit bougeousie is real freedom.

What's the deal with these threads? Everyone knows how money is made. If you don't want to work, then there are 3 more ways to make money: business, investing, and entertainment(broadly speaking, means making money off hobbies in a non-job way, or using job skills in non-job way). If not, then going for freelance/consulting/private practice is still better than a normal job. I exclude things like crime, military or becoming a priest, which all seem retarded and not worth it. If you don't get inheritance, marry someone rich, or get rich via illegal deals, then these are your best options.
IMO #1 way of making money/general goal is to build investments or/and build businesses and later getting the most passive income from them, but that requires a ton of money and a lot of work. Trading is 2nd and it's great. Within these three categories, even people who want the best of the best can find ways to be satisfied in their 'work'. Well, that's my opinion at least, maybe it will inspire someone to do anything else than working a job for 40 years.

mech eng 40k euros,
8 hrs a day, sometimes 10hours a day.
1-2 hours of actual work a day, unfulfilling work with lots of paperwork.
1.5 hours commute.

>going for freelance/consulting/private practice is still better

>JUST BECOME A CONSULTANT DUDE LMAO

Failure is good. It isnt easy, the fact that you kept trying 9 times means you have good work ethic and close to success. What did you learn from the failures? Apply what you learned from the failures and your business will be good. Its like walking when you were a child and you took your first steps, you fell right? But then you learned how to walk from practice, in a few weeks maybe you were running around, there's the rare chance a business succeeds like a prodigy child who learn a quickly I suppose the whole point is you learned to put one foot up and one foot down, its all about taking the losses and figuring out why you failed and if you prevent that then you have success. Good luck in your endeavors

You did well. 9 out of 10 businesses fail, so you are at the point where odds are in your favor. I think there are only 2 ways to learn, either self-learning through mistakes or from someone else. It is hard to find someone to learn from that's not a scammer, because you need to learn from succesful people. Maybe you should find a very specific person who already owns a succesful business that you want to build and look for advice.

>Oy vey being your own boss is bad! Slave away for my shekels and you'll be a Good goy! Here's a treat!

I have never said it's easy or just do it...you can probably find everything you want to know on the internet. I'm not an expert, that's just a general segregation of how thing seem to be...Failing at things is punished in school and work, but you can learn a lot from mistakes if you try other ways of making money.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivorship_bias

Also, Ironically enough you're still a slave for the kikes that control our monetary supply.

8 hours sleep, 8 hours work, 8 hours of service to those in need
sounds like a proper day.

The point is I dont have hours, I don't have to come into "work" because I pay someone a salary to show up and make me money. Capiche'?

why didn't you just kys first before posting this and wasting 10 seconds of my day?

Life must suck if you don't enjoy sleeping
At least 1/3 of my life is enjoyable

No but I'd like to have at least half my life to myself.

You missed my point entirely. You're giving an analogous example of your success as the standard for which everyone should strive for. If even 1% of people listened to that advice, the entire small business ecosystem would collapse, retard.

Anyone here worked 12 hour shifts?

Attached: 2.png (268x381, 125K)