Is majoring in STEM a guaranteed path to riches?

Is majoring in STEM a guaranteed path to riches?

Attached: EB8F467B-066D-40BF-9AC4-BE469954476E.jpg (828x1033, 694K)

Depends, how tall are you?

Over six feet

150k a year out of school then.

Is accumulating a lot of debt and delay your work experience a guaranteed path to riches? ..so it would appear.

No. Plenty of people in science and tech make jack. But depending on what field you go into it could put you on better footing than most of your peers.

Easily 300k after three years. More of you live in the Bay Area or NYC

>Trying to keep the supply low

Real engineering fields that act as a guild due to having to have professional certifications to sign the drafts are where you wanna be. Software is still great if you want to make your own product but working for others is assembly line tier job

Can anyone confirm this?

6'3 electrical engineer here, it's comfy

What exchange is STEM on?

it's a guaranteed path to a comfortable salary if you're of average intelligence and average motivation

currently in school for electrical engineering also. do you make a lot?

manlet here, why does that matter in engineering?

Doesn't matter, unless you want to be upper management, but in that case you need psychopathy instead of being just tall

Biggest issue is that if you live in America you probably will fall to depression before graduating if you are a manlet, so it's likely you will drop off or don't even care about working at all and become a NEET

But don't despair, it's only illusions, once you graduate you will see that it's only business majors lankies working in uber who try to get in your head

No.

Explain

I'm 29 years old and I haven't had much issue with my height but then again I'm not a normie

I worked with mechanical engineers for a while. You can wake money but the work sucked in my opinion. It was just wagecucking. I rather do something more fun and fulfilling than sitting in a cubicle all day staring at a computer screen.
>inb4 wasting time at mexican bean counting forum
Yeah but I actually find a bit more entertainment value reading what the morons here have to say

Yes mech eng working for Japanese automotive company not exciting with lots of paperwork, not sure what to do.

Bump

Hahahahahahahahahahaha no. guaranteed path to unemployment though if you want the neet life

Then why do people claim STEM jobs are the future and everybody entering the field are early adopters?

They are not (((They))) just want to flood the market in order to supress the wages.

>2019
>still thinks a degree guarantees success
it'll help MAYBE

yea, you may be a stupid nigga actually

Because other paths are even less likely to give you this opportunity. Not everyone can just become a successful entrepreneur.

Pee pee poo poo

More of her?

It’s just an indicator. You are either smart or smart enough to pretend you’re smart. Either way, engineering helps more than other majors in gaining wage and respect faster unless you have daddy hook you up.

Not necessarily riches, but at the very least stability.

No, it ends with absolute disappointment unless you are a networking Chad.

>No, it ends with absolute disappointment unless you are a networking Chad.
cant that be said about every job>

Whats the best STEM choice for someone who's 5'6 and 24? CS?

Attached: 1548556000533.jpg (1200x1200, 105K)

Are you white?

No. Major in engineering or CS or engineering if you want an actual career out of school.

For most sciences and math, you need an advanced degree to get a job that doesn't pay garbage wages. I learned the hard way.

Better to go to coding boot camp if you haven't started college yet.

He's lying. Earning 200k by the time you're thirty is absolutely rare and spectacular.

are you me ?

Yes
Do you have a suggestion for a good bootcamp? I've got a college diploma as an electrical technician but all that's good for is an apprenticeship
Maybe

you had issues, you only didn't notice them
not that it matters that much aside from 35yo roasties
Most manlets can even use it to build up psychopathy and hatred for normies to eventually come on top like Zuck, Bezos etc.

>you had issues, you only didn't notice them
I mean personal issues. I guess I could theoretically have been passed over for a job for a taller guy or something but I certainly haven't noticed as you say

Height stuff mostly seems to be losers scapegoating

I know one person that earned that much as a programmer right out of high school, but she's exceptional. every STEM graduate I know is struggling to even break above 100k at 30 (they're not in silicon valley though).

this, STEM identifies talented individuals. thats it. most of the time, these talented individuals are extremely useful by solving complex problems for companies and need challenges (the reason they are in STEM is because other degrees would be arbitrary and easy to them. most often companies pay a lot of money for complex problem solvers

This right here. I make $3k a pop designing backflow preventers and doing HVAC calculations from the comfort of my home. I have a day job that pays $100k a year too.

I crack 100k in systems engineering, the seniors make over 140k a year. Theres no bachelors that beats EE/SE.

EE is godtier, going to get a masters in EE, have a math degree currently

The way it works is like this:
-If you're born in the west and go into stem then you'll develop autism and will have to compete with immigrants who can't speak english for jobs. This is going to be highly difficult for you because STEM education in the west is absolute shit. As an added benefit you'll turn into an incel because your interpersonal skills will go down the shitter and you won't be able to hook up with tinder sluts, because your STEM brain is going to be over analyzing everything.
-If you're an immigrant in the west it's a good deal for you because your math and tech skills are decades ahead of any dumbass A+ student in the west who will struggle to calculate the answer for 2+2*2 tier problem. Sure, you won't get paid as much as the westerners, but you won't go hungry either. The only downside is you'll be facepalming and cringing way too much while looking at the work ethic of your western stem colleagues.

>riches
only if you're smart and can invent something useful. It's not impossible, just unlikely.
You're guaranteed a decent job if you're not a total sperg. Pick the right major and you can be out of the office most of the day, too. My brother in law is an electrical engineer and he travelled to the US and China to work on power plants, and had a decent pick of jobs when he wanted to settle down more. He's tall but an ugly mother fucker, but a really nice guy.

>if you're smart and can invent something useful.
Yes, but then he'll have to fight a powerful hurdle in the form of (monopolizing capitalist) and his pack of (assault IP lawyers).

nice try pajeet, shill chx next time

Depends on if you can tantalize the HR lady and get her moist.

Don't major in anything w/ > 10% women and you have the greatest chance of learning real skills that the economy actually needs 9 times outta 10.

Look at the department of labor and statistics for wages by area and occupation. See what people are making. Project how many hours they have to work. Think and then take action.

3-6 months emergency fund in cash, dollar-cost average into the markets, and accept market level returns for 10+ years (life - never sell). Work your ass off in your 20s. Rise through the ranks quickly or work 2 jobs 9-11 hours a day. Your savings rate is what really matters for the first 3-5 years. You will be a millionaire before 32.

Life is long.

Most people do the opposite. Find themselves in their 20s lol. Get fat on beer lol. Don't get laid anyways lol. Broke in their 30s and then decide to save late 30s lol.

Too late. Missed 15-20 compounding years forever.

Good luck.

>No, it ends with absolute disappointment unless you are a networking Chad.

Being a networking Chad only works up till a point, but he still relies on others to prop him up and most workers in STEM are passive aggressive autists that hate Chads, so they'll do the job but Chad will need to do extra work in grabbing the credit.

STEM is a scam. I make less than school teacher as a mechanical engineer.

I work in STEM (kind of, business analysis). You break into six figures if you are talented, experienced, personable, and organized. If you want a purely autistic developer role, you need to be REALLY good at the hard skills to make six figures, but don't need to be so good at the soft. If you want to break into management, you need a solid foundation in hard skills and then need to push your ideas and confidence to "drive value" and "increase efficiency".

If you're a run-of-the-mill engineer or developer, you will be hard pressed to make six figures, but it isn't uncommon in a high paying area.

It really all comes down to if you know your shit or not.

So what's your argument? Oh you don't have one. Thanks for coming out and proving me right.

If you pay attention to the Public Edjewcation scam timeline, the marketing jews always start pushing the careers that the jew plans to destroy through massive unchecked immigration within the next decade, leaving every dumb goy that was suckered into taking out a hundred grand worth of loans from a jew bank fucked when their jobs are all being bid on by Pakis at 1/10th the wages.

STEM is next on the death list. This should have been obvious when the jew started pushing niggers and women into the field.

>labor surplus combined with anemic job market

This. I just asked for 180k and the recruiter bitch told me their top people max out at 160. And for that you need ivy league or google on your resume.

Oh and if you are honest and say you are maximizing your income like everyone else they stop the process. You literally have to pretend to be a cuck and say you're "looking for the right fit"

It depends on the major, available opportunities and experience. It's pretty much like any other discipline, you have to make yourself appealing in order to fully reap your rewards. I'm in geology and I've seen plenty of times students go into oil, make a good chunk of change and then go back to school to finish up their PHD with their saved assets.