/smg/ - Stock Market General

AMRS rises from the grave edition

>I'm new to the stock market, what stocks should I buy?
Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg (embed)

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ (embed)

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
pastebin.com/y9PRQLR3 (embed)

Earnings Report Calendars:
calendar.google.com/calendar/[email protected]
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

Boomer Investing 101
bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC (embed)

Last /SMG/ thread:

Attached: hesafaggotharry.jpg (1080x1350, 165K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/17373451
business.nasdaq.com/discover/market-bell-ceremonies/detail.html#!/!?ceremonyId=8478
nasdaq.com/press-release/material-science-company-gauzy-announces-second-factory-in-stuttgart-germany-to-produce-research-20190201-00471
sendvid.com/tt43sssk
snl.com/interactive/newlookandfeel/4104621/ResearchFrontiers110818.mp3
sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/793524/000119312519028264/0001193125-19-028264-index.htm
compoundingmyinterests.com/compounding-the-blog/2012/2/15/kevin-douglas-the-greatest-super-investor-no-one-knows.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

SSO AND QLD RISE Up

2X IS THE PATRICIAN MODERN LEVERAGE

Do real brokers let you sell option contracts that you wrote?

>having such a short timeframe that robinhood being down for a few hours actually affects your profits

lmaoing @ people who don't hold for months like I do and/or trade options

recession starting early tomorrow morning.
prepare.

kiss your loved ones, short everything, and brace for impact.

Alright, it's the final and official vote for the best meme of January!!! It's the top 4 from the preliminary vote and a few others that popped at the end of the month
VOTE NOW
strawpoll.me/17373451
strawpoll.me/17373451
strawpoll.me/17373451
strawpoll.me/17373451

Attached: drwgs.jpg (423x338, 35K)

When Disney tanks thanks to the failure known as Ruin Johnson and Crazy KK.

Attached: Disney affair.jpg (807x1626, 296K)

>not including LCIguy's trip leaking
tough choice honestly January was a meme goldmine

Attached: ManStatue.jpg (768x1024, 107K)

I was going to include that in the Feb vote because it really didn't pick up steam until this month! And I didn't want the entire vote to be consumed by tripfags

Where are all the DRUS pumpers from last week?

Attached: 1429558380874.jpg (540x423, 59K)

Disney+ is going to take them past the Moon

Why is everyone saying this? Is it some sort of meme people say everytime around this year or something?

>shorting AMRS

Attached: 1x9r18.jpg (225x225, 6K)

Shout out to based BLACK CIGAR MAN poster
You made this Bullrun much more satisfying

Attached: saxz.png (272x240, 123K)

PCG was maximum hilarity.

Attached: moose.jpg (500x375, 31K)

please someone spoonfood me a earnings play I can throw all my money at to get more chainlink

PCG deserves to win because of this image alone

Attached: 1548362802485.jpg (1000x750, 176K)

GIVE AMRS YOUR ENERGY

Attached: 1494100651418.jpg (225x225, 6K)

>mfw index funds and dividends

Attached: 1506884180275.jpg (1663x791, 278K)

you chilled yet, nigger?

Reposting for my $REFR bros

business.nasdaq.com/discover/market-bell-ceremonies/detail.html#!/!?ceremonyId=8478
nasdaq.com/press-release/material-science-company-gauzy-announces-second-factory-in-stuttgart-germany-to-produce-research-20190201-00471
sendvid.com/tt43sssk
snl.com/interactive/newlookandfeel/4104621/ResearchFrontiers110818.mp3

Attached: mo_0201192.jpg (769x513, 317K)

What a dumbass, Disney owns your kids and the future generation of mulattos they will sire

Bought Chubb and Snap for earnings play
the hotstreak will continue

Attached: TimexFuture.png (254x247, 50K)

PCG no doubt

Attached: 1547750178864.jpg (1200x720, 186K)

i bought 1 share of GE at 8.10 before they tanked to 6, didn't buy any more because i didn't think they'd bounce back so soon

Attached: 1468907794475.png (714x574, 283K)

Also this image

Attached: 1548799876735.png (800x631, 670K)

>Disney+ is going to take them past the Moon

I don't think so, I do not know one person who is going to pay for it. Why buy another service when you have Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, Roku, DTVNow, etc...

And what content is Disney+ going to have? Ted Turner is not giving up the rights to SW. Is Disney going to cancel their multiple TV channels to put all of their content on +?

And to think that if Disney tries to pull IP's that are under contract to all of these other streaming services without a major costing court battle. That would be some funny shit right there.

you know where we're going, right?

Attached: New_shot_of_Proxima_Centauri,_our_nearest_neighbour.jpg (2048x1536, 335K)

>meme
shit is going down tomorrow, that's all i'll say.
only bears will remain when the smoke clears.

Canada Goose have earnings on February 10th. I expect it to beat pretty easily.

Attached: heard_you_were_talking_shit.jpg (960x637, 72K)

*wipes an entire town off the map*
Pssh, nothing personnel, California

The moon?

Imagine the smell

Attached: 1549396293062.webm (1280x720, 2.64M)

we're already past the moon, my friend

*sip*

>wipes an entire town off the map
>in california
they deserve praise.

They're letting their contracts with other services expire and putting all marvel flicks on it. Plus the entire backlog of animated films, major Blockbusters like pirates of the Caribbean, decades of tv shows. Hell, even niche shit like bringing back their Disney Channel Original Movies that millennials grew up on will bring people in. Oh and everything Lucasarts related that I forgot about. Disney is a monster for owning cultural icons

Dumbass X 2
Everyone with kids will get Disney+
Every star wars fan will get Disney+
Every Marvel nerd will get Disney+

Want a sneak peak of what their subs will be like? Look at who owns the Hollywood box office EVERY SINGLE YEAR

Your argument that they will pull content from tv confirms how stupid and uninformed you are.

based

Attached: 201.png (1868x1602, 292K)

Attached: SW end.gif (540x216, 687K)

>Look at who owns the Hollywood box office EVERY SINGLE YEAR
This. Just took a peak at box office results, and Disney owned the top selling movie six times in the last nine years. All of those will end up exclusive to their service eventually

uhh you mean buy to close?

hmmm... a property in a good location is for sale near me way below market price.
Because it includes 81 year old lady who has the right to live there for the rest of her life (pays rent).
Should I go and check if she is a smoker?
Any recent breakthroughs in medical research that might keep her alive longer?
Should I short gradma?

>buy the property
>immortality invented
>stuck living with granny and her smelly toes for the next 100,000 years

you know what to do.

Attached: med_1507090481_image.jpg (640x480, 45K)

Would you be living with her or does she has a separate suite in the house? If it's a separate suite I'd seriously consider it. Old people generally make good tenants.

I suppose so. Mostly, I guess I'm curious if there's a market for both halves of option contracts.

I have a question about buying stocks, If I was to buy say $100 stock into Tesla and the stock was at 10% one day and the next day the stock dropped to 1.70% I still keep the stock right if Tesla's stock was to reach say 20% I recover the money right?
Reach time a stock drops am I permanently losing money ?

Attached: wtf.jpg (599x594, 52K)

ya only lose money when you sell
#bagholderlife

Well I am a bear so that's good. But I don't believe what you're saying.... So that's not

stocks are measured in dollars not percent but yeah if you buy a stock at $10 then it dropped to $1.70 then went back to $10 and you sold you wouldn't have lost any money

Unless it's a small house and you two are going to be close together you'd be an idiot not to go for it. But even then if she's nice and sweet then go for it still. Few years it's yours

Stocks aren't "at" a percent. And you can't buy $100 worth of Tesla shares, they over $300 each.

If you buy one share for $321, which is the latest price, you'll make a profit if you eventually sell it for more than $321 (ignoring dividends because Tesla doesn't pay any).

I think you should read a bit about the very basic before you start buying stuff.

yeah there's a market for both sides. That's why there is a bid and an ask.

all the bulls here are dude weeders and anime tripfags, it's pathetic.
that alone proves bears are more competent.

>BST
>red

Attached: 4L_bhND8CKE.png (499x501, 362K)

二日

Attached: ZA_WARUDO_BEARISH.png (608x593, 215K)

Ding ding ding! How did everyone do today? I’m up .00%, perfectly flat. That’s a rarity, everything canceled each other out. Congratulations to AMRS, I was looking on robinhood and realized I haven’t held any since May 2 of last year. How has it been so long Amy-Chan?

Attached: 6EFD7C9C-9FF8-40F5-AF99-E570133BC117.jpg (530x298, 29K)

If you don't know that then you should really not start buying stocks.

I'll recommend you a book.

Stan Weinstein: secrets for profiting in bull and bear markets.

Good so as long as I keep the stock and the stock recovers I am not losing permanent money I just wanted to make sure I am not losing money and my balance doesn't do to zero and having to buy the stock all over again.
Currently I only have about $21.21 worth of stock I have only been buying small shares cause I can't afford to drop more then say $5-10 a month into shares.
I am just trying to put money into some thing so it's like a penny bank rather then blowing all my money on stupid shit I don't need I put some of it into some thing as time goes on to try and work up to $1,000 or more worth of stocks.

newfag here, i think im getting the hang of this.
what are some meme stocks you guys buy.

Attached: 6034F8EE-DBB8-4C33-93C6-27135B8C35F1.png (1125x2436, 349K)

Some of you guys are cool, don't come to the S&P 500 tomorrow.

Goodbye EA

Short AMRN and buy aurora cannabis

Attached: 1546462163598.png (640x480, 296K)

I am just using a place like Stockpile not sure what you think of that site but heard a lot of good reports from others.
Hopefully it's a book for dummies then. I'll look for PDF online.

And when the night is cloudy there is still a light that shines on me... SHINE ON TILL TOMORROW MOTHER MARY COMES TO ME

>not holding AVEO
not going to make it

>missed the dip
maybe next time

>Hopefully it's a book for dummies then. I'll look for PDF online.

Bro, this is the best book I have ever read. Honestly, it's really easy to understand and makes me money everyday. Anyone can understand it. And if you don't understand it read it until you do. It can change your life if you stick with it. Also it's worth buying the physical copy

should have held snap bros ...

Would you shut the fuck up you little shit!!

the prophecies were true. the dumpening has already begun.

Attached: 1545837585063.jpg (720x888, 44K)

> 16%
Solid. That's a great start. Keep an eye on AMRS looking for dips. I'm not saying buy right now, but it's going to be an unpredictable rollercoaster for at least 3 days and it's most likely going to end those three days north of where it is right now. MNGA has huge upsides but a lot of sentiment keeping it down and that sentiment may keep it down long enough for them to mess something up. I'm in for a little. CGPOF dipped due to the issuance of more shares, there's probably 5-8% up left in them by the end of the week. Novavax just got initiated as a buy with a target of $8, there may be some movement in the next couple of days. Take note that I have stakes in all 3 of these companies so I could be clouded by emotion, but I also believe what I'm saying.

now click all and post screenshot

>SNAP puts

Attached: 76833F15-F01A-421B-94D4-AAFEFF1768F3.png (882x758, 17K)

Not a bad day amrs bros.

Holding for over a year and averaging down obvi.

Attached: Screenshot_20190205-161218_Robinhood.jpg (720x1280, 164K)

Dicks out for the user that bought snap puts

Once you've bought a share, you own that share forever (with some exceptions). It's a small part of ownership in the company. If the company does poorly your share of the company might not be worth much, but it's still yours.

I don't know much about Stockpile. I took a quick look and they talked about buying fractional shares so maybe you're really buying some sort of certificate, at least up until you get a whole share?

Would dude weed fare better or worse than cyclical stocks during a recession?
Certainly if more states legalize medical/recreational cannabis or if a legalization-friendly president gets elected or if congress removes weed from schedule 1 those might influence earnings and prices in a positive direction.

wow SNAP ended up not being a complete piece of shit

Attached: 1372023638067.jpg (400x400, 24K)

Kevin Douglas is in

SEC 13G/A

sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/793524/000119312519028264/0001193125-19-028264-index.htm

>Who the fuck is Kevin Douglas

An investor with a really good track record

compoundingmyinterests.com/compounding-the-blog/2012/2/15/kevin-douglas-the-greatest-super-investor-no-one-knows.html

>While it’s interesting to see what others are buying, I find it most interesting to learn why it is they are doing that buying. Sadly, one of my favorite super investors is a man named Kevin Douglas, and he, as usual, will not be filing any planned 13fs this quarter. Who is Kevin Douglas? Odds are you probably don’t know, yet over the past decade he has built one of the most impressive investment track records. Recently he has received some headlines for his thus far poor investment in American Superconconductor Corp., but even those articles reference the fact that he is little known above any other point (see the Wall Street Journal on the topic). If you do a Google Search for Kevin Douglas, it’s almost astonishing how little meaty information comes up for a guy who invests tens of millions at a time right now, in the age where Big Brother (aka the Internet) is always watching.

Attached: 600x600.jpg (600x600, 37K)

Zoom out pls

snap and amrs back to weekly lows tomorrow

Good day. Up on STZ, GOOS, Canadian Tire, Nasdaq long, S&P long, and Royal Bank o' Canadia. Got stopped out on Cresco Labs and Curaleaf for a nice total profit on both. Dude weed looks to be entering the first sell off.

Attached: 18122629289_ffe914f09d_b.jpg (1024x561, 110K)

?

Attached: 37E19B45-67C3-45EA-B97E-DD8C0E2ECE92.png (1125x2436, 350K)

>If I was to buy say $100 stock into Tesla and the stock was at 10% one day and the next day the stock dropped to 1.70% I still keep the stock right if Tesla's stock was to reach say 20% I recover the money right?

No, forget about the percentages. Look at your cost average vs. the current share price in dollars. Percentages are only used to determine how much a stock has moved from a given previous point in time. When you check a stock, the percentage shown will be the increase or decrease from the previous day's closing price.

>EA -9.54% after hours

It's over, bearfags

What has NVAX done worth noting that would bring it to 8? I mean seriously. Just because stocktwit says its a buy doesn't mean it's doing anything to really innovate. AMRS is now doing CBD and that's obviously a big hit I don't forsee it going bear in 3 days it's going to continue to climb.

Meant to buy SNAP puts but accidentally bought calls. Thanks robinhood

Eventually it will start to behave like alcohol and tobacco, which traditionally do okay in recessions. That won't be for several years though. Dude weed is firmly in the speculative investment category, subject to volatility all over the place for a long while to come.

screen'd
will have a nice laff tomorrow morning when it all turns blood red.

Attached: bullcuck.png (871x155, 12K)

L M F A O

Attached: 1548696203778.gif (320x240, 2.61M)

what happened? i thought every kid in the whole world was playing fortnight when ever they weren't in a classroom?

EA doesn't own fortnite

ER is gonna be awful for them this yr. Battlefield ate shit and didn't sell anything, battlefront died, no one is excited for Anthem. Releasing Apex Legends yesterday was a hail Mary pass to keep them relevant.

F

Attached: 1494372332379.jpg (540x304, 45K)

Looks like anthem could be a flop