Coding

Best free program to teach you software development?

Attached: B380307A-7835-48DF-8C56-64E6C5A9A99E.jpg (1280x720, 254K)

Other urls found in this thread:

courses.edx.org/
collegetransfer.net/UniversityOfThePeople/TransferProfile/tabid/145/Default.aspx
ocw.mit.edu/courses/electrical-engineering-and-computer-science/6-001-structure-and-interpretation-of-computer-programs-spring-2005/video-lectures/
aws.amazon.com/certification/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

do cs bill yourself as an engineer

software engineering degrees are cs lite

stop learning to code faggots. there's more than enough of us as it is.

Programming socks and HRT.

Go get a CS degree.
You're not gonna get a job without that paper.

I dropped out after a year and am currently making $120k/year
Low cost of living too; monthly expenses are about $1,000

Impressive quads but unimpressive larp.

codecademy.com is fine for beginner handholding. Or just go to khan academy or MIT's opencourseware and follow along with a previous CS degree.

based and pinkpilled

A degree isn't required to get a job that pays well. Just get a good certification, then get an internship. Work as an intern for a while and getting a salaried position is easy as long as you aren't retarded in the interview
A vast majority of employers don't care about your degree. The only thing that matters is if you can do the job efficiently

www.meatspin.com

what kind of certification?

Yeah mit is good but as top1 uni worldwide isin't everybody that goes there are 140 iq + individuals?

I've tried few courses and it's definitely better than random shit on youtube made from basements , but it was too hard for me :(

Most software jobs don't give a fuck about your degree. Hell, I've been told by professors if you have a masters in cs you can't even get a job because they see you as someone who's really expensive to hire.

If you're going to do the CS route and are a nerd or shut in (as in if you aren't interested in or capable of the party life), go to a CC for the first couple of years to get all of your gen ed credits out of the way for dirt cheap. Then, go to a mid tier state school for the degree and get as much FAFSA help and scholarship money as you possibly can.

There are serious diminishing returns for CS degrees. If you apply yourself in class and pick up on what you need to, that is all you're going to need. After MIT and Caltech no one gives a shit about where you got it from aside from the big 4 tech companies, and they own like 1% of the software jobs market. Tons of mid to meh tier companies out there willing to take a graduate from a mediocre school given he learned stuff and can interview.

Don't make the mistake of dropping tons more money for name value alone.

I wish I was racist before I got into crypto. I got #gooked and #chinkd for at least 20K.

Why didnt you warn me biz this page was infested with Vechink and Omisegook threads

Attached: 1533947579805.jpg (1066x600, 699K)

Why not just use University of the People for the first half of your degree then transfer?

Its like $100 per module and they have a program where if your GPA is high enough you can directly go to some other brick and mortar uni.

courses.edx.org/

Is that transferable? Got to be ironclad sure it is or you're wasting a ton of time.

I don't really care though not American. I am just doing the degree through them to give myself structure as I am doing it because I am a chronic procrastinator and its cheap.

However it does seem to be transferable at the discretion of the university you are transferring too but:

Transfer Agreements:
UoPeople currently has transfer agreements with the University of California, Berkeley, as well as New York University's Abu Dhabi campus.
Special Programs:
High-achieving UoPeople students are eligible for transfer to the University of California, Berkeley, as well as the NYU Abu Dhabi campus.
collegetransfer.net/UniversityOfThePeople/TransferProfile/tabid/145/Default.aspx

So these three are ironglad, assuming you obtain the grades.
>University of California
>Berkeley
>New York University's Abu Dhabi campus

>codecademy.com is fine for beginner handholding. Or just go to khan academy or MIT's opencourseware and follow along with a previous CS degree.

i have finished codeacademy and coursera courses (web development, html/css/js), only to realize that i FUCKING HATE TO WRITE CODE. How can people do this shit for a living for 10 or even 20 years without killing themselves is beyond me.

The problem is that i'm a Europoor and coding jobs are pretty much the only opportunity to earn decent money here. I'm also introverted and cannot into networking/social contacts.
A codemonkey career would have been perfect for me, but i just can't stand it.

all those chink coins do not inspire confidence at all. Their use cases are the equilvalent of getting a "degree" in programming language. Moreover just by looking and seeing how their leaders speak you can already know that it's a huge scam

same here, some days its fun but sometimes you just cbf to do it

We probably hate it because code/logic puzzles tend to be quite abstract and detatched from real life. What I've found was that if we can run some metaphors and think of it as building the organs/cells of a digital animal it makes it easier to cope and helps to keep your focus on the bigger picture

The beginning will always be the boring part, just making organs and retarded animals aren't interesting but eventually you can make majestic lions with wings. keep it up fren we make it

most courses especially free ones are completely useless, handhold way too much, and you won't retain very much.
if you just want to pass interviews do something like leetcode.
if you actually like programming, decide on something you think would be cool to build, and google your way into figuring it out (which is what most of programming is anyway).

I don't know if this is worth it though Jow Forums

Professional software engineer here, AMA.

Yes, it does suck. But you get paid well.

Attached: slime-2.jpg (1200x400, 124K)

bullshit
even though it sounds like larp i was at a senior engineer position before i graduated high school.

Degrees in CS are a meme, you find where u want to work and ask to see the manager, use manners and call by Sir, as the manager approaches you, extend ur arm and give a FIRM handshake, no wierd floppy dead arm shit and maintain eye contact, at this stage youre already 70% done, you know the rest.

If its a woman manager turn 360 degrees and walk away

bump

IT is the only field you can go into w/o a degree. You just have to show them you know you're shit and that you're willing to work long hours and also get fucked in the ass by managers.

Attached: 1421892724008.jpg (125x110, 6K)

CS50 for free on Edx

Any web devs in this thread?

Im 2/3 years into a CS degree, I want to make something web related to build a portfolio while on semester break.

Is this worth doing? If so what should be in the portfolio?

wtf is a portfolio? brainlet here

Collection of projects to show knowledge/skill

Sort of. Shit tier companies (HR and engineer led) check degrees, count pubes and demand a cover letter. People who know their shit, look twice at self-taught people to see where they're at, how long it took them to get there, and where they should be able to get.

ocw.mit.edu/courses/electrical-engineering-and-computer-science/6-001-structure-and-interpretation-of-computer-programs-spring-2005/video-lectures/

classy as fuck. only for chads

/thread

Make it, it'll be one more thing to add to your portfolio.
>2/3 years into CS degree
If you do not have an internship in college you will be permanently fucked and you might as well throw your degree in the garbage. This is not a joke.

This nigga gets it.

without a degree you will compete with pajeets (who are smarter than you) and slavs who will fuck you in the ass

ITT: shit eating plebs that think higher education is a job training

udacity.com

they hire you if you complete a course

>Shit tier companies (HR and engineer led)

Lol, you mean all of FAANG?

Learn Visual Basic, Pascal, Cobol & Fortran. Use Access for your backend, & IIS as your main server. Deploy everything using Windows Server 2000. Concentrate on using table based layouts for any Web views, as that's the direction the modern stack is moving in. You can learn everything using Stack Overflow, it's by far the best free source of information. Thank me later.

I know multiple people without cs degrees working at google and microsoft.

FAANG used to be sticky 6 years ago. Some of the positions are considering 3 years industry experience to be equivalent to 1 year of degree work. They're still fucking retarded to toss a ghost in the machine type with 15 years in industry over not having a masters, but they're at least letting old fags put themselves out to pasture now.

>Tfw my company's main product is built off of legacy code that uses Visual Basic and IIS primarily

We've been slowly porting over to C# but it is such a messy shitshow

Place is so comfy to work at though it doesn't matter

Attached: Jeu5rAC.jpg (1604x2197, 717K)

>table-based layouts

Fuck off

for that you have to be a literally top tier, like an Olympic athlete

or sucking some smelly dicks

>uses Visual Basic and IIS

you probably should sue your "architect" and management

Why learn programming when you can browse?

Attached: 1549511774281.png (1028x900, 219K)

If you like coding its not that hard.

Originally written in the early 00's, back when that shit was still hot, or lukewarm I guess. Then untouched for years until new management picked the product back up and decided to expand while modernizing the platform.

It's a meme but somehow this little company is making money hand over fist right now and expanding at a decent clip. I probably can't stay here mucking with this tech forever though, will need to go somewhere with a more relevant stack.

This nigga gets it

but browse is better than streets full of slavs and niggers

nothing is that hard

Argument is that if you like doing something becoming good enough to wagecuck for it in a high job demand market is not hard

No. picking IIS and VB instead of apache and perl (or even python!) on FreeBSD in 00 amounts to a gross incompetence

yeah. this is called a craftsman path. apprenticeship starting as an apprentice and then reach to the top of your craft

this requires a skills and a luck

I really don't know anything about that era as I'm mid 20's. I think the application started as a smaller tool for a major insurance company and then got too big for its britches and the rights were bought by this one, which may explain why no one put any thought into the architecture.

I'm not that user you're replying to, but I have a similar experience
No college at all, but I got this certifcation: AWS Certified Developer, Associate
aws.amazon.com/certification/
I started with an internship working 20 hours a week for minimum wage. After doing that for six months, I found a part-time job where I worked 30 hours a week. Did that for a year and then moved up to working full-time
Throughout high school I really loved the concept of programming and taught myself everything I know through google. This was enough knowledge to kickoff an internship soon after graduating HS

This is called knowing your shit and marketing yourself

Many big retailers actually still use DOS. I wish that was a joke.