I think the secret to living a work free existence is to buy cheap shit(if you have to spend money:otherwise don't...

i think the secret to living a work free existence is to buy cheap shit(if you have to spend money:otherwise don't spend it) and not necessarily to make a high wage.

normies who make high wages tend to spend their money on dumb shit(overly expensive cars, overly expensive houses, go to sports games every weekend, etc) and have to be wage-slaves as a result even though they make a high wage

Attached: tumblr_ple5blOjJ51s7in0vo2_500.png (500x500, 299K)

Having a job isn't that bad.

Cheap shit breaks and doesnt last long, you end up wasting money buying it over and over.

actually it iis if it's menial labor that has no intellectual or entertainment value

i wouldn't mind mopping floors but i would spend so i didn't have to do it as much

>Having a job isn't that bad.
fuck off

You get to hang out with your friends, feel important, do cool shit and GET PAID while doing so. What's not to like?

>Cheap shit breaks and doesnt last long, you end up wasting money buying it over and over.

this is myth

i bought a 100 dollar tv a decade ago and it still works

i have 5 dollar phillips ear plugs and they lasted for more than a year compared to 15 dollar ear plugs i used to have

You have to know bookkeeping. It's the most basic of business and financial intelligence, and the most important. You have to know where you are so you know where you want to be. Most people here don't even know if they made it or not, and think they NEED a million or two.

In an extreme oversimplification, if your spend $5000 and earn $5100 passively and have liquidatable assets stowed away for emergency funds, you're already wealthy.

Sounds great

Attached: 23.jpg (400x400, 32K)

>i think the secret to living a work free existence is to buy cheap shit
Work free? How do you afford tendies? And electricity. And internet. You need at least a grand a month even for the most miserly existence. Selling plasma only gets you about $300 so where's the other 7 bills coming from?

i would spend less*

in the beginning you can buy solar panels. that takes care of the electricity. Even if you decide not to use solar panels, just use one outlet and no lights. your electricity bill will be very low

>You need at least a grand a month even for the most miserly existence

if you already own your house, i don't think you need a grand. you probably do if you have rent or a mortgage and high property taxes

This was true back in the boomer days, nowadays expensive shit tends to break a lot more and requires a shitload more maintenance, see Apple products and German luxury cars

that photo was filtered out the fucking balls

FWIW, I own a condo in Florida that I got for 25k at the bottom of the real estate crash. Live a few miles from the beach and walking distance to Starbucks and The Home Depot. Perfect. Mortgage and HOA together are $289 a month. Lights are less than 100, internet is about 60 and food costs me around 100. So altogether I get buy on about $500 every month. Anything above that is just me spending money for entertainment. So, yes, it can be done and in a major city like this one but you have to be kind of lucky.
>nb4 Florida

>normies who make high wages tend to spend their money on dumb shit(overly expensive cars, overly expensive houses, go to sports games every weekend, etc) and have to be wage-slaves as a result even though they make a high wage

Correct.

This is call lifestyle inflation. In other words, as most people make more money they tend to upgrade everything.

Especially alcohol and fine dining.

The secret:

Get rid of the keeping up with the Jones' attitude.

Aim for 40%+ savings/investment rates after paying monthly costs.

Millionaire status in less than 15 years for most careers.

how can you save 40% when you have to invest in your schemes?
Last year, I saved 50% of net income
half went to bitcoin
half went to a product based scheme
just blew january savings on a domain ($1k) for a SAAS scheme

but youve got to spend money to make money, right?

The key to a happy life is an asian wife

Your net savings rate is great but you are thowing too many insignificant darts ($) at the board and nothing is sticking.

A 100% gain on 1k is... 2k. Nothing.

Google: working years vs savings rate

Check out the "Early Retirement Calculator"

>buy cheap shit
Nah it's buying stuff that's a good value. Stuff that is a good value is things that work well for a long time and cost a reasonable amount of money for what they offer. Sometimes paying slightly more for clothing, tools, electronics, and etc goes a long way.

Its the opposite actually.
Ur room to cut costs is very limited compared to ur room to make more.

Hav

most importantly, wake up early

some balance between pinching pennies (squinting at the price per ounce, repairing things instead of replacing) and spending what it takes to get the job done

as long as I save 10% of my income, I don't beat myself up too much about what I choose to spend on

occasionally work on developing some skill to either increase income or decrease spending... developing a trade, putting some effort into some passive (or not passive) income, or learning something like gardening or cooking

and find some time to relax and meditate

i cant stomach that slowlane shit
i cant really bare working for another man for another 6 months let alone 20 years
but i think my latest SAAS idea is good enough to get into ycombinator so that would pretty much save me

For me it's incel prevention regime.
Otherwise I'd probably leave an apartment once a month and shut-in completely into a vicious cycle of fap/gayming.
I'm kind of respected and just command a bunch of roasties while being competent in the field.
My life outside the work sucks more, if that would extend into 24/7 I'd kms in 2 years.

Attached: 1522015530856.jpg (720x960, 87K)

this post is starting to trigger me
I'm having trouble determining if you are trolling me or really just that much of a cucked wage slave that you think pursuing business ideas is too "risky" . PS its not risky if the only alternative is hari kari

Hes not saying that you shouldn't pursue business ideas, but that you shouldn't put all of your eggs into that basket.
If you are repeatedly failing, you are doomed to be a wage slave when investing 100% of your income.
if you only invest 30-40% into your business you get opportunity of that taking off while still having a safety net.
Remember, a business isn't a business unless it actually is making you money. lol

fuck FIRE
fuck working 20 years under any condition
fuck 401ks
fuck working for another person
fuck spending 80% of my productive hours in a cube with no window in the cold ass NE USA
fuck giving away my 20s to a corporation and being told to be thankful for the opportunity to do so
ill stick to my guns and imo thats the only way to win.

Cool, have fun

there are other options to wage slaving endlessly (anything longer than 5 years is endlessly)
no one is going to present them to you, you need to find them yourself

>friends at work

"Hey user, how was your weekend?"
"Too short, as always!"
"Alright haha, good talkin to you"

25k? How the fuck? Is it a shack? How bad is the area?

yes & no i would think, cheap shit = simple design vs more expensive shit (on avg) = added useless flashy functions or over engineered to justify higher price.

Friday's comin'!

There's diminishing returns though. Yeah, $50 shoes are far better than $10 shoes (for example). But $250 shoes aren't proportionally better again or something. Basically, shop in the mid tier, experiment with the lower end.

$250 shoes may have higher quality materials and workmanship which is not easily distinguished if you're just window shopping

fashion is still full retard though but there is something to say about purchasable social status, it does help in some situations

Beyond $40-$50, there's not much difference in quality. It's still going to get scuffled, stinky, and worn out all the same. This is in light of the fact that a lot of the high fashon shit being made in sweatshops in 3rd countries.

Jannies live a free work existence

Attached: 1543258039083.jpg (824x800, 104K)

>mfw i'm in upstate ny

>taxes straight out the ass
>house payment + property taxes sky fucking high
>heating, electricity, water, internet, repairs
>rent is not much of a savings than buying to own, plus you don't build equity
>you could rent in the ghetto for $600 not including utilities, but only if you want to deal with niggers and some of the most suboptimal living west of somalia
>emergency savings
>basic groceries like food, toilet paper, soap, vitamins
>cell phone
>car payment, gas, car insurance, car inspection, car repairs
>out of pocket medical and/or dental expenses if you're uninsured
>student loan payments (thank fucking GOD i didn't listen to my parents and rack up any credit card debt as well)

Luckily I am hermit mode so I never EVER go out, no bars, no restaurants, no pleasure travel, no luxuries, no gym memberships, no pets, just pirate all entertainment, no gambling, no lootboxes or subscriptions of any kind including netflix or hulu, plus no dating or any kind of social event.

I still need to work until I die, though. Don't move here. If you are here, I'm sorry.

Why stop at 50%? I live with my parents and have saved 95%+ the last few years. This allowed me to buy rental property 2 years out of college with high leverage (3.5% down) and a 54% debt to income ratio, had to live in it for a year though. I also paid off all my student loans and maxed all my tax deferred accounts every single year.

Now I'm worth 338K just 4 years out of school and looking to buy a 2nd rental. My peers can't really say the same.

>T:Somebody who knows jack shit about shoes

Just for your information. Sometimes expensive shit is expensive because of quality.

>Luckily I am hermit mode so I never EVER go out, no bars, no restaurants, no pleasure travel, no luxuries, no gym memberships, no pets, just pirate all entertainment, no gambling, no lootboxes or subscriptions of any kind including netflix or hulu, plus no dating or any kind of social event.

We Syria tier now? Sounds like hell, no thanks.

>No rebuttal

High quality in what? If you can't explain it, then you're a mindless pleb buying expensive shit under the belief that it's high quality.

>feel important
I never get this. Even if you’re a senior mid level manager in a big corporation, who cares? Most people’s jobs are unimportant to the world and are just cogs in a machine but so many NPCs get duped by bullshit titles and make a big deal out of it like the kid who got made milk monitor in school

Good lad I hope you make it

Some people are too scared to risk an average life for the possibility a great life

>friends
Nobody is your friend at work. They don't share your upbringing, passions or goals.
>feel important
If you're creating value for a business that you don't own, you are unimportant to yourself and any feelings to the contrary are cope.
>do cool shit
What's cooler than doing what you want to do, when you want to do it, and in order to satisfy whoever you damn well please? Nothing
>GET PAID
Payment for the time you whore out is actually cope.
The only legitimate reason to have a job is so that you can eventually afford to not have one.

>Payment for the time you whore out is actually cope.

It's a necessity. Most people can't afford to be a NEET. You sound you're coping.

Ideally you do and make what you want without the desperate need for money to distract you. Getting paid lets you cope when you fall short of the ideal. Of course I am coping, I have a job and I get paid to waste the best hours of my life for other people who couldn't give a shit about my non-work talents and personal aspirations.

What industry you work in?

I left Sewercuse 3 years ago. Never looked back. Now living life on easy mode warm year round with no income tax in florida. Best decision I ever made.

Taxation, i hate it and i wish it never existed. By paying taxes you're supporting all the things you dislike about other people and reforcing that treatment since you make irresponsible people remain irresponsible.