Quant is Proprietary Software by a For Profit company and Not an Open Protocol

How does this affect its adoption?

Attached: quant.png (356x142, 4K)

I have the same question. Saw pic related yesterday, but have no idea if that's really how it works.
Could anyone smarter explain it to me? Thanks

Attached: 1549484735187.png (1095x2000, 429K)

Their core code is hidden so the hard part is knowing how it works under the hood or if gov't backdoors are built into it.

People buying this now are going to regret buying at a high for something thats just a literal softwsre program running on aws.You have been warned,I warned everyone about jibrel too.

this. dont buy this shitcoin at ath biz. also dont buy lto

Holly shit, I thought you were all scammers here.

Newsflash: Enterprise doesn't give a fuck about open protocols or anything of that nature.

They WANT to work with for-profit companies too. Why? Because for-profit companies have a reason to continue providing professional support, upgrades and services to the system, and also have the money to invest in that.

Do people honestly think that huge enterprises, governments and banks are going to spend millions and trust their major infrastructure on "open source" projects where developers are just doing it out of the good of their own hearts and have zero monetary incentive to stick around?

Everyone seems to love muh open source muh decentralization muh free us from government grasps blah blah. In reality global adoption will arise from cost, efficiency, time and security benefits being delivered in ways that are affordable, easy and low risk. Projects that understand this will succeed.

New open standards are being created, like the internet. Remember when aol charged people to use the internet? It worked for a while until people realized they didn't need aol to browse.

>Enterprise doesn't give a fuck about open protocols or anything of that nature
What is Linux? What is http? What is tcp/IP?

Based and redpilled
The joy is short. The pain will be unbearable

Is the token really necessary? What prevents them from simply taking their payments in fiat?
Even if they use the token, wouldn't the treasury just use the fiat payment, buy the tokens, then immediately sell the tokens?

AHEM GENTLEMAN
>”why is Apache the most used http web server software”?

Attached: 42A3D615-BDEA-4DCE-90C8-3CF219EA0AA3.jpg (220x330, 28K)

It doesn't matter.

Like I said:

>> In reality global adoption will arise from cost, efficiency, time and security benefits being delivered in ways that are affordable, easy and low risk. Projects that understand this will succeed.

It's about return on investment. If a platform does this, and the ROI is good, they will pay, as has been shown with the massive amount of interest in Quant so far.

Enterprises, governments and banks are desperate to leverage blockchain tech. This obsession with open protocols is holding that back. DLT is very much a case of first-mover advantage at its current stage with huge benefits to be had. Do not be surprised if for profit systems take hold quickly.

QNT must be held as part of the license mechanism.

They could have a first mover advantage but I highyl doubt a for profit proprietary software will become a international global standard. It's a long race and first out the gate isn't necessary going to win. Quant seems better suited for private consortiums where trust isn't as big of a problem. Also, we don't really know if they will be more cost effective that and open smart contract platform mixed with something like Chainlink for interop using APIs

It kills it.
I went 80% in back in september and have enjoyed the gains. I was in the top 100 holders on Idex. But there's nothing special about this project.
It's literally a centralized middle man for blockchain transactions. Something that can be remade internally for any blockchain company. Or something that can be achieved by LINK.
They haven't delivered on their exchange listings. They have clarified the benefits of tokenization.
I've about dumped all mine and moved it back into SKY, LINK, CHX, and some other Idex gamble coins.

Nothing wins forever. There will probably be a day when the likes of Amazon and Google no longer exist.

In the here and now though, and for the foreseeable future, people must realise that enterprises, governments, banks and all the other institutions want the benefits of DLT with minimal cost, hassle and risk.

And people must also realise that DLT is still nowhere near mature enough. We still have lots of competing "open protocols" with barely any adoption. Big institutions will sit it out until that settles, which may be a very long wait.

The key Quant provides is that institutions don't have to do this. With so many blockchains available through the platform, including the ability to use more than one at the same time for multi-chain apps, there's no worry. Just connect via Overledger, and if one blockchain becomes redundant (which many will), their systems won't go down with it.

There is simply no reason right now, and there won't be a reason for a LONG time yet, to integrate with one blockchain directly instead of using Overledger as a middle layer.

I',ll buy back in at $1

Sold my QNT for LTO

Its a fucking shitcoin with no use cases.
Sell and buy aion.

Adoption.....lol

Its being used by major banks...i think adoption isn't an issue.

scam
ceo hypes up unreal bullshit
even ripple isn't used by anything and ripple is at 13 bils mcap

This is not a blockchain, it's a tollbooth. Why would corps. bother with this when they can work with dag, hedera, ripple, ardor or any other company that provides blockchain solutions without usage fees?

Because Quant's Overledger will let corps use all of those at the same time.

If you are a corporation or big institution, you can use Overledger to create a multi-chain app that uses the Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple and Hashgraph networks simultaneously, with different parts of the app using different blockchains depending on the strengths and weaknesses of each blockchain.

Why WOULDN'T corps bother with this? It's like night and day compared to the current difficulties, barriers and risks of direct blockchain integration.

I get the benefits of it as a sandbox for POC's across multichains but that's about it. Especially as systems become very good at certain functions, they won't need to be across multiple chains. It's a short term solution, which I agree can be profitable but not as long as you seem to imply and def not a standard.

Also, when oracles take root, you can call legacy databases or other chains, feed those inputs into smart contracts, and then use those smart contracts to send data outputs to other systems or chains. Open Global API system makes more sense to me and not that far out.

>be corporation
>want to use blockchain
>decide to pay middleman for no reason
u retarded

finally just sold my last stash on some wallet that was out of circulation
feels goods desu

OK shut the door on your way out please. See ya.

Attached: car.jpg (700x433, 83K)

thats what gilber is going to drive when he scams all of you dumb fucks dumping his 5 mil stack

And that's exactly why no one will care about it.

You are saying this like this is easy to build and easy to deploy an app to multiple blockchains. It isn't and there's no fucking chance this will see the light of day anytime soon. In the meantime, companies will just start deploying directly to already working blockchains.

lol imagine falling for this fud. You still have time to buy before it goes top 10.

It's a fact and I asked a question. Nice try moonboy

Inside info from oldfag, fud or shill makes no difference to price...

>Inside info from oldfag, fud or shill makes no difference to price...

Yep, this has been under control since the beginning. It's one a Chad Fad staircase to the top.

O R G A N I C G R O W T H

Yeah I agree. It doesn't really follow typical open source principles that other coins have adhered to, like Monero, zcash and all the other big name cryptocurrencies that boomed in 2017. Still good for a pump though and making money is really all that matters.

>typical open source principles that other coins have adhered to, like Monero, zcash and all the other big name cryptocurrencies that boomed in 2017.

Last-gen coins are dead. Quant is the first in a new wave of for-profit, enterprise-level projects which will drive IRL adoption.

> 2013
One-dev scamforks and literal garbage

>2017
Fake-professional chink teams and silly startups

>20XX
Western businesses with legit industry/govt ties