How do you deal with shaming for *not* being a workaholic?

How do you deal with shaming for *not* being a workaholic?
I work in a non-American company and my boss expects us to stay after work regularly. He constantly wants us to finish a task even if it requires several hours of after work time. The tasks we are solving are not critical, they can be postponed easily, but he's got this obsession to finish them asap.
It's not like there is a punishment for refusing, but you'll get that accusing look if you leave early. At the same time on the performance review you'll be told that you're not paying enough attention to work, your results are mediocre and you have to work out a passion to the project, so no raise for you this time blahblah.
Every evening I feel guilty for sitting at home instead of working. Am I doing something wrong? Maybe the world adapted to such things so I have to as well?

Attached: 233537917-300x284.jpg (300x284, 22K)

If you want the raise, you have to play ball. Otherwise, if you want more money use your time to create another revenue stream instead of working late for them.

Do you get paid overtime?

If you're not a fit for the co, move on. Great time to do it; don't get stuck.

>i only read the first sentence, because I don't care

Read your contract of employment carefully. Catch your boss using wording that explicitly violates the terms of your employment. If your state is a one party consent state catch him on a fucking wire. Make sure that the audio/video is timestamped. Catch him repeatedly if you can. Gather more evidence, particularly get one of these performance reviews on tape. Get the shaming for leaving on time on tape.

Weigh your options in civil court with an attorney before you decide what to do next. Particularly see if an attorney might consider referring the matter for criminal prosecution if they happen to know somebody in the local prosecutor's office *wink wink*.

Now after you've done this consider the change in your perspective. What does the world look like to you when you deal in leverage instead of selling your time for money?

Attached: 071-Seal-of-Dantalion.jpg (1349x1373, 443K)

No, that's dumb. You should work to live, not live to work. I hate employers that want you to suck them off 24/ as if you're a machine instead of a human.

No, it hard to bill so he *may* offer you a day off. But if you stay for 1-2 hours per day you'll be granted nothing.

Does this work with implications? He's never been telling me specific words, I just feel being silently ashamed because coworkers comply his will and I don't.

You feel guilty because deep down you know that you should be doing something better with your time, not because of evil eyes from your coworkers.

The guy who isn’t there ALWAYS gets trashed by the guys who are there. Every workplace, ever.

You'd need to talk that over with a lawyer, but the more explicit you can get him to be the better your case will be.

Bosses tend to think that it's normal to work for free, and when you don't, then the typical excuse is that you are not motivated enough and bla bla bla. It's his company, not yours.
You can try to do it a few times and you will notice that next time they will come with another excuse to not raise you up. If they want you to work overtime, they need to pay you at least that hour that you worked overtime, no raise involved.
Remember that your time is the most valuable thing you have in your life, once it's gone, it's gone! And they are the only ones who benefit from it.
Tell them you have a second job and that you need to go because over there you get paid for the time you spend there and that your life is valuable to you. Even if you are doing nothing at your place it's better to be doing nothing than to be working for free somewhere because the day you need something, they are not the ones who are going to provide it to you because you worked free for them. The day you get sick or something like that, they are going to be the ones who are going to kick your ass out of their company.
Nobody who asks his employers to work for free is a decent person. They know how valuable is the time we have on this earth and asking someone to give up his free time without compensating them is like taking them for slaves.
Are you a slave?
Are you working to have a decent life or are you living to have a boss that's "proud" of you because you work for free?
Go ahead and work ask the others how long they are working for free for that "raise" and you'll have your answer. Once you start doing it, it will never ends.

You sound like someone who doesn't have a life outside of work.

Actually, I don’t work anymore. Stay home dad, now. I’ve put enough time in to know the game, though. You sound like a lazy kid who will stay poor forever.

Welcome to salarycucking.

You are promised to be considered for a raise/bonus for working overtime, but in the end nothing is guaranteed, and the employer will justify overworking you with deadlines.

My brother got a job for 50K/year and was led to believe he would be working 40 hours a week. The boss promised him a bonus/raises if he put it some extra hours.

At the end of the year, he got a 5K bonus and 4% raise (barely above inflation), but after factoring in that he was working like 50-55 hours a week.

So being quoted $25/hr pre-tax, he ended up making $21/hr pre-tax, and each incremental hour was paid at $8/hr or like $6/hr after tax.

So yeah, unless it's clear you are getting a 20K+ raise per year by working more than the bare minimum, you're better off focusing on learning skills in the extra time and applying to other jobs.

>lazy kid
>btw I'm a stay at home dad
KEK

We called it “Chinese overtime”. The more you work, the less you make.

I worked 50-60hr weeks for years to pay all the bills until my wife got her shit together. Also, if you think a few hours overtime is bad, try spending all day with a two year old and also maintaining a household.

>try spending all day with a two year old and also maintaining a household.
Niqqa, that's nothing. Working 50-60hrs a week under some ahole employer is muuuch worse than spending time with your kid..

And sure, you worked out of a necessity, but working more than 40 hrs a week under an employer isn't something to be "proud of".

>if you think a few hours overtime is bad, try spending all day with a two year old and also maintaining a household
This. I have a wife and two little kids who I love dearly, but holy fuck, a full day of watching the kids on my own is way more exhausting than a 14 hour day at the office.

That’s true if they’re older, but watching a 2yo is like having a retarded monkey stapled to your face all day.

>be a warehouse lad that works for about 8h a day
>when shift end, there is interval that lasts roughly 30 minutes, the time of doing anyshit but work, it lasts roughly from last 15 minutes of shift and 15 minutes of new shift
>we got fuckton of work, big time lads
>boss is snooping around the hall to find "volounters" for overtime
>ohshitspaghettioutapocket.jpg
>gutten tag user, can you stay 2 more hours at work ?
>sorry i cant stay 2 , i can stay like 1 hour
>sure, its still good enough , thenk you for your "co-operation"
>tfw i fuck around that extra hour doing absolutelly fucking nothing
>still counts as overtime
every single time they ask me for 1 hour, i know its gonna be fucking anything other than work, before we warm up, the extra hour is going to vanish... and if (you) dont feel like staying overtime at work, just say NO, be fucking assertive, dont be scared, think about the job you got like another bar, if you dont like the beer in it, just fucking change the bar

Attached: dumb post.gif (487x560, 898K)

You're good.
>change the bar
I think can get a new job with better salary but I like this company. The project I work on is cool and the people are nice.

>people are nice
>project i work on is cool
>i like this company
well senpai, those are the things that are always gonna weight you down if you think about getting new job. they will always be in favour of staying at the job you got, instead of getting something "probably" better, you also have no idea if you get worse nor better job ... the lads i work with always complain about
>this company / boss / job fucking sucks, the other lads at another warehouse got luxuries, why wont we transfer there ?
my reply ? grass is always more green on the other side of the fence, there will always be assholes / fucked up days at the other job... you gotta deal with it and have WYJEBANE [basically known as polish martial art = kage i dont give a fuck jutsu ]

Attached: bebsi.gif (350x272, 1.41M)

So what do stand for? I don't get it from the post. Is money driving you?

Tell him to fuck off. Get a new job or start or your own business.

Kek. You’re looking after 1 kid. Calm down autismo.

>is money driving you ?
desu ... i dont really care that much ... 1.5k monthly for 150 hours is enough for me to buy shit i want, rent is 500 nazi dolars... and even then i have still something to throw into my piggybank, im really set for now, but it doesnt mean im gonna sit in place. im currently working at that warehouse i mentioned earlier, 9 months already, i wanna gain some more experience there and move on for something better, there's plenty of better jobs at the place i currently am ...
>So what do stand for? I don't get it from the post
what i meant was that you shouldnt give a slightiest fuck about the job, do what you need to do and get out

Attached: VRVA SAS.png (1072x526, 858K)

Learn to not care or find another job. Don’t feel guilty because you aren’t me.goldsteins shabbos goy.

>work in a non-American company
there is your problem buddy

Quit.

You can accept bad treatment or look for something else.

Loyalty is dead. You should always be looking for (a) a better job with the same pay OR (b) an equal job emotionally but with better pay

>loyalty is dead
half true, half false ...

Attached: qurak.png (470x333, 175K)

The raise is not worth the overtime, so look for a new job instead.

almost laughed but there isn't a single neckbeard in the room that could spend more than an hour with a kid

my brothers gf is in 3 month, i really fucking hope its gonna be boy, if so, im gonna play shitton games with nephew, i hope i will be fucking great uncel, also that will help my bro and his gf "relax" a bit
>tfw my bro is 21 and got a kid on the way, meanwhile im 24 and i still beat horse to death
im ok with this

Attached: popico.png (220x220, 53K)

if I've already put in decent time during the week I'll just get up and fucking leave

boss won't fire me because he can't replace me without paying another candidate more. he should be grateful for getting even 1-2 hrs unpaid overtime a week.

Attached: 1549278043227.jpg (750x790, 37K)