Welding Meme

is beeing a welder really a meme? im about to drop out of university, i cant take this shit anymore and as a kid i played around in the workshop of my uncle who build mobile radio masts for big mobile carrier. i really loved the smell the heavy mashines, so is welding a meme job or could i make it in welding?

Attached: Blog_Schweisser_iStock-deimagine.jpg (640x427, 219K)

welding is good if you're low IQ and don't care about your health. HVAC is top tier skilled trade.

t. instrumentation tech.

Instrumentation + electrical ticket = comfy

Not a meme job but its "labor intensive" and you'll have to endure lower tier pay/jobs until you have enough experience and/or certs

my mind is very analytical but did many hard working jobs in the past besides university. how dangerous is being a welder?

I personally hate the trades and will be finishing my bachelors to become a k-12 teacher.
I don't think they make a lot of money unless you are lucky. Example.. electricians in LA cap at about 30 an hr as journeyman.. that's not the WORST pay, but for the experience and work you do, It's not worth it. A teacher here has an easier job in everyway, and they cap at like 75k.

You can cherry pick and pick good places (i.e. this one union caps electricians at 44.35 an hr), but they are rare.

As for welders, I hear the ones that work underwater(?) make a lot, but you should research yourself.

Different strokes for different folks. Personally, I would recommend just finishing a bachelors and then moving unto a trade. Trade school degrees are useless outside of the major you got in on.
Idk what yr you're in, but even if it's some shitty degree, I think your better off finishing it. If you're a 1st or 2nd yr, I think you're better off just taking all the cc classes you can that can substitute for university classes. MUCH cheaper.

At the end of the day, you should strive for the thing you feel will give you the most pleasure so if you genuinely feel you can like welding, I GUESS go for it... but I personally don't lile the trades and regret it everyday.

Sometimes there are explosions. If you're smart enough to get into university check out higher tier trades. HVAC is comfy as fuck and there's always open positions in my union hall. $45/hr, can quit any job you want if you want to fuck off for 6 months and have one guaranteed when you need it.

$$$$$$

Hey, can you really do that in a union? Quit whenever you want and just come back randomly whenever you feel like it? They don't say shit or kick you out?
I'm about to join one (though I will probably be changing careers sooner tha later).
That would be badass.. vacation time whenever you want?

I'm a deep space welder and I made 5.3 million post tax last year.

Too bad we don't have any good shops on the space station.

Total shit gig. Learn to weld, but don’t be a welder. You can put the skills to better use if you go into fabrication or something.

I have two teacher siblings, one with a Masters. I made more then both of them combined as a mechanic with no degree.

Cherry picking tho... those jobs are out there, but they aren't typical.

Depends. For certain trades/halls there could be a thousand guys ahead of you on the 'out-of-work' board that have first dibs on dispatch calls. There's so few HVAC guys in my union that there's always open positions available though.

t. UA member.

What is the actual process of getting HVAC certified? Interested in your anecdotal experience and opinion desu, also googling - but please, educate me. I have an associate degree(unrelated field) and could go back to school at any time

Who needs welding in space? Just bring sandpaper

Find a company that will start you on an apprenticeship. You work for around a year then go to school for 2-3 months, write a test and then you're a '2nd-year apprentice.' Repeat a few times until you're a Journeyman.

Good money dirty shit hot hard job you don't want to be doing into your 40s and most boiler makers I've come across are generaly putrid cunts. Maybe there's more to it but I'd rather just be a carpenter or a plumber

Spot welding will be fully automated in the the next year.

If you're totally green and no one is willing to take you on you can take a 1 year HVAC program that gives you credit for '1st/2nd' year apprenticeship schooling.

hm i think i'll just learn to program

What yr are you in? Cause I'd recommend going to a cc first and doing an AA-T if possible so you can at least have soemthing in case you want to take a break or just straight up drop out.
Not to sound like a pessimist, but my friend's sister was doing some engineering major and she dropped out her senior year (had 1 yr left. She got extremely depressed.. maybe because of the difficulty of the content) so she now has no degree and is seen as the equivalent as a highschool graduate to employers despite being clearly smarter.

I dont know about welding, but i dropped out of college and learned CNC machining. its dope, i get overtime, and i basically just browse Jow Forums and Jow Forums all day. read shitty kindle scifi. i love it.
I don't work with women or minorities. i dont have to worry about looking super nice. trade life is best life

Do it If you like staring at brights lights in darkness for 12 hours with shit wage. Most welders are also borderline retarded, it might be all the fumes they are breathing

T. Foreman of welders

im in my second year of my LINK apprenticeship. I'd recommend it so far, the income starts off pretty low but after 4 years (2021-2022) i'll be making millions