I have a college degree in economics and I can't find a job

I have a college degree in economics and I can't find a job

what should I do? its been over a year

Attached: CDaAYNWWoAAexNA.jpg (350x334, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

indeed.com/q-Economist-jobs.html
academy.microsoft.com/en-us/professional-program/tracks/data-science/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

im about to graduate with a degree in econ and I also can't find a job. only hope is starting ur own business

Take your entire net worth, 100x long on bitmex and if it works out you will have a great life. If it doesn't you were going to kill yourself anyway

do you have a BA or PhD ?

BA. should I apply for a PhD? its ganna be 20x more difficult than the bachelors

glad is studied business informatics. Get a job offer like every few days.

Attached: deoy09kfyhy11.jpg (625x500, 43K)

sounds made up

can someone please give me a job

I can pay u 0.5 eth to punch urself in the face. That’s kind of a job

all the sweet federal/ gov jobs are for PhDs it seems
indeed.com/q-Economist-jobs.html

Sounds like a meme degree for brainlets.

all those jobs require 6-10 years experience

Similar boat here. CS degree. Been a whole year unemployed looking for jobs. I deliver grubhub to get by.

Become a k-12 teacher.

should I just go back to school and study something else?

Attached: 1534351228967.jpg (236x253, 11K)

K-12 teacher brah. Name me one middle class job easier than babysitting kids.

I graduated 4 years ago with a BA in econ. Shit degree, had to settle for a job in account management because I have good soft skills. Pay is decent but I'm miserable. I'll be going back for my masters in finance next year.

Get a PhD and become tenured prof. or be homeless.

no. its 2019, teach yourself with google unless u wana be a doctor
this

Having summers off is nice but you’ll make less than a shift supervisor at Taco Bell.

teach myself what tho? I was thinking data science, but its so mind numbingly dull jesus christ

All I know is if you have no experience and go for PHD you still won't get job because people will think your ”know it all” perma student, friend has phd in econ and now its harder for him

do metalearning or unsupervised learning. data science should not be dull wtf are you doing

>tfw earning my B.A. in economics right now
pls tell me the grass is greener on the other side

never heard of that, what is that? python?

its not. get a minor in comp sci, law, or accounting or real estate

Fields of research. Learning to learn is meta learning and unsupervised learning means segmenting data without labels, a first step towards true agi.
read whitepapers, search google, build shit and plug it into crypto. Nothing about that should be dull. Challenging or confusing, maybe.

you are absolutely wasting your time. go for the finance MA after or just drop out now

dont I need to do some fundamentals first?

Hows this program? academy.microsoft.com/en-us/professional-program/tracks/data-science/

How many applications/interviews have you done? It took me 300 applications and 8 different in person interviews to land something. Job market is brutal so unless you know someone it’s a depressing grind just to get your foot in the door wage slaving.

what if I want to go into law and specialize?

Attached: 1539083168651.jpg (1115x1129, 425K)

200 applications, 3 interviews (through recruiters)

Lol, this is about what you should expect when you ask for advice on Jow Forums.

Attached: elrisitas.jpg (600x600, 41K)

I have a friend who graduated economics. Couldn't find a job for 2 years was working in a grocery store so he went back to school for premed. Except he dropped out after the first year when he couldn't pass organic chemistry. Now I think he's studying to be a K-12 teacher

>couldn't pass organic chemistry.
That shit is scary. I hear many people have to retake it just to barely get a C.
>Now I think he's studying to be a K-12 teacher
Um.. can't he just apply to a place with his bachelors and then they hook them up with a job or some shit ?
Pic related. All they ask for a k-12 teacher is to have a bachelors

Forgot the pic

Attached: Screenshot_20190207-121304.png (1080x1920, 192K)

Not where we live. Teachers have a union here so they have good salaries and everyone wants to get in. You have to have a Masters to be a teacher here. My friends sister is a 4th grade teacher and she says it's tough nowadays

Someone redpill me on data science. Where can I learn SQL, R, and Python?

Attached: 1534687270639.png (601x508, 127K)

Gonna have to up those numbers my man like I said on average it’s 8 interviews before landing a job, if you’re an autist it’s gonna be more like 20.

SQL is pretty easy to learn, the problem is being able to practice it. Lynda has some good courses on all of those.

job market is pretty good right now. what kind of shitty school did you go to? is there an alumni network that you can tap into?

yes, thats always an option. choose something in demand and use your "student" status to get valuable internships this time

Buy fifty thousand dollars worth of monero.

>currently stuck in low level boring desk job that pays alright but not enough to move forward in life

>have to take out loans and be saddled with debt in the hopes of getting a slightly better cage in an oversaturated market

Why does it all feel so hopeless?

>debt

why dont americans ever go to college in germanic countries? the education is almost free, foreigners and locals alike, and most of the time its in english.

my dad did that

Why do people still get degrees that don't translate directly to an actual field of work

>Business
>Communications
>Economics

ALL MEMES

Not necessarily depending on your location.

Yeah teaching in LA. what a great opportunity

...to go insane

75k cap isn't bad. Name me 1 middle class and above job easier than teaching?

75k is poverty

how do i sign up

Buy XMR

Attached: 13413348_282879302050260_526985110_n.jpg (925x1140, 137K)

Lol stop talking

Learn how to code.

code what?

how to code money into your bank account