/smg/ - Stockades Market General

private prisons are ethical edition

>I'm new to the stock market, what stocks should I buy?
Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg
List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ (

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
pastebin.com/y9PRQLR3 (embed)

Earnings Report Calendars:
calendar.google.com/calendar/[email protected]
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

Boomer Investing 101
bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC (embed)

Offenders:

Attached: caffefadf56a53814b704ea87d704d74smg.jpg (2534x3292, 768K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cnbc.com/2019/02/07/kudlow-theres-a-pretty-sizable-difference-before-a-china-trade-deal-happens.html
youtube.com/watch?v=sUGoqAgp760
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

fucking bears, work harder, i need to buy more shares

Attached: 1439155041119.gif (500x281, 938K)

first for boring market

Attached: 1513405460197.jpg (1280x720, 106K)

Attached: LCITEENS.jpg (1440x812, 416K)

yeah
but me always hear from ancient traders
there was time when trading tha stoxx and bunds was GOAT

Attached: maxresdefault (9).jpg (1280x720, 149K)

>private prisons are ethical edition

BASED

Selling everything on open. We are going below December lows. Look at futures... China trade deal is dead.

cnbc.com/2019/02/07/kudlow-theres-a-pretty-sizable-difference-before-a-china-trade-deal-happens.html

>Reading investopedia
>"This pattern is used by traders in technical analysis as to signal a reversal..."
>"This pattern is used by traders in technical analysis as to signal a reversal..."

Okay so TA is just gambling with components of voodoo right?

Attached: edo_the_city2.jpg (800x500, 187K)

friendly reminder, dividends will fuck you in the ass when they get revoked because your stock went to 0, and you still held because of muh dividends.

THREADLY REMINDER THAT DIVIDENDS ARE YOUR FREN

i'd like to buy a vowel

Attached: dividends-monopoly-man.jpg (423x245, 21K)

>looking at futures 15 minutes after they open and thinking it matters.
>thinking anyone really thinks a trade deal is going to happen by March 1st.

Attached: 1547652812884.jpg (1024x682, 239K)

A good correction will be the impetus needed to force Xi and Trump's hands, which will if course be followed by a massive rebound.

Just try and get your entry and exit right. Volatility is guaranteed but that can be a good thing.

reminder that if you think like this you'll be forever poor

Attached: tumblr_nmyir7nSDK1r2r59eo1_1280.jpg (796x556, 85K)

kinda big traders add chance to TA, theyll be able to tell you the % chance a reversal will happen with said pattern

people poopoo it, but being able to even potential identify reversal extremely profit

b-but first 30 mins of futures opening usually most important ;_;

Attached: 1549240509501.png (1280x720, 915K)

Never look at stocks you already sold
>I'd be up twice my gains

shit hurts

i had 2 shares of netflix at average of 270, sold both when it went to 290. a week later, 330+

Attached: 1506996346736.png (1280x985, 793K)

every stock I've sold (NMM, INFN, WYNN, GE, HAL) have all gone down after I sold them.

Private prisons are very unethical

I bought 100x 2.50 AGFS puts for July 17 (naked) how fucked am I?

Attached: ancient-general.png (768x663, 453K)

I had 2k worth of EOLS at 20, sold at 24.98, and it's a 29.something now

this kek
one of the reasons am not selling GPRO
@_@

see

SELL IT, JUST KILL GPRO, IT'S IN PAIN

Attached: 1468907794475.png (714x574, 283K)

there's nothing unethical about private prisons.
you might want to say that existing private prisons exist do unethical things, but that is not part of the idea of a private prison. a private prison is no more or less ethical than a public prison

Yeah i guess...But still if look back at the last decade the Stoxx 600 and other european indexs still haven't recovered from the great recession while the FTSE has. plus the FTSE 250 has had a great decade, especially when compared to the terrible performance from the rest of europe

273 SPY close tomorrow.
You heard it here first

Attached: 1549339531042.png (1334x597, 220K)

private prisons would save the tax payers so much money.

What's everyone's motivation for investing and trading?

Mine is to eventually be able to finance the fetish lifestyle I want.

nope we're going back to the low end of the 250s

Not all dividend stocks are GM or GE.

same

just for fun, it's informed gambling to me. i like seeing numbers go up and down and dumb market reactions on stocktwits

financial independence. create enough wealth/passive income I don't need to do anything that i don't want to do.

its all about the freedom to choose, and if I want to choose to take a year vacation in hawaii or if I want to sit at home and play vidya for a month straight without washing my undies, it'll be my choice

>he thinks I was talking about the biggest boomer stocks in the world

Same; when I retire I mean to actually retire as in no more working a daily or even part time job unless I just want to. Which for me will be when I turn 50 in 2032.

>Want to max my IRA
>Don't want to long the top

What do? I'm leaning towards just maxing it anyways.

Attached: 1549420463712.jpg (671x903, 126K)

#
See my post in the previous thread for a treatise on why your wrong, and also some tickers you can buy to profit from your lack of scruples. I'll site rule 101 of the rules of acquisition.

short dean foods, AOC is trying to get rid of farting cows

Not as fucked as having twitter calls for tomorrow

Short airlines and oil as well. Also long construction since she wants to rebuild every building.

Attached: 1549314305494.jpg (640x640, 43K)

Natty gas just hit 2018 low today, 2017 lows not far beyond that. You want cheapies this is the ticket. Do beware of knife catching. The 2016 low is a significant drop below the 2017 one.

KO is on a tear right now. no idea why but i've loved the last few weeks

Atsg?

KO always seems to go up when everything else shits the bed.

Attached: 1549315498752.png (577x744, 559K)

That's one of them

Do. Currently

>it's designed to put on your head 'to simply think' about what you just bought

Attached: b28441c6d927f87383b5.jpg (967x1205, 358K)

need moar fatties with watches

Not really tho

no, they'd just spend it somewhere else.

Whats the others

are you retarded?

None of you will ever achieve your dreams. We are all doomed.

Was today the day I should have invested in my IRA, or should it be tomorrow?

AAWW

they would. so would private schooling for K-12

lul

Attached: nanami.jpg (500x500, 44K)

FUCK interest rates and FUCK the fed

Are you building a fatties with watches folder?

thinking about it

New memes incoming

Attached: Capture+_2019-02-07-16-02-15.jpg (1440x3034, 901K)

double your money with this quick tip: GOOS calls, 10% OTM on next week's open

What's this about Bezos going crazy? I read the recent accusation against tabloids trying to blackmail him, and damn what a fucking alpha. The best response to attempts to blackmail is to say fuck you and expose it.

Like Letterman--
youtube.com/watch?v=sUGoqAgp760

You think Amazon will buy FedEx?

I usually just post them randomly and ask if i am white. That or call people on biz poorfags.

Attached: 123124432223425.jpg (474x266, 25K)

I hope we get memes from all this.

I read that on some website a week or so ago and own some shares, but I don't think it will happen.

MNGA ... ooofaaahh

Attached: 4L_Jlz4KolL.jpg (700x468, 48K)

T is down this is true. But like the good man said the saying "buy the dip" is also true. You'll thank me later when T recovers and Profit starts flowing in. In the meantime you can relax and let that Fat Divvy keep you warm at night.

All it takes is 16 of T to make it self sustaining which right now is cheap as shit to do, one extra T a year can be yours for free right now thanks to the Divvy. Media? Telecom? Films? Why fight and stress about which to buy? Just buy good old T and sleep well at night.

>MNGA

Attached: artie nose.jpg (755x753, 54K)

What do you think of buying Sony tomorrow?

1.60 is definitely the floor!

Attached: 1547599292210.jpg (1124x1200, 552K)

How else can you explain it? Greed? He cheated on his wife with a woman who is frankly not as hot as his wife. He will lose half his net worth and maybe half his Amazon stake plus she may get half of his other property as well.

Yep, sounds like Greed or maybe a mental thing to me.

I've got watches and a morbidly obese friend. Maybe in a couple of days I'll be able to drop something on you.

bezos basically beat the game of life, he has so much money he can do literally anything he wants
he's probably bored as fuck

Oh and I forgot, as a bonus my friend is mullato. I'll get some bright lighting for you and make it real ambiguous like.

So like, if stocks are clearly gonna be red all day you just buy bear ETFs and print money right?

There is a misconception that TA is used to analyze how the market is moving in regards to the general public buying and selling and responding accordingly. When in reality people who know how to use TA use it to follow any big moves made by players that have a lot more information about something compared to the general public. It's basically looking out for people on the inside going balls deep and following accordingly because something big is probably about to happen.

This. Plus he's still young. Probably figured he should blow it before his space company seemed like worth taking in the divorce.

He already has more than enough money for like 1000 lifetimes. And his position in Amazon leadership isn't changing anytime soon regardless of his stake.

Regardless of whether you believe the statements that the marriage had already been over for years and they've been separated, someone's personal decision to get with someone else doesn't really have much to do with the business empire.

Threatening to publish in exchange for what? I assume they're blackmailing him?

That Trump didn't direct AMI to wage all out war against Bezos for perceived slights caused by Bezos's indirect control over Washington Post.

Well that's dumb then.

Trump did not do for GEO what i thought he would. I'm red

You would just receive the market price for the stocks you hold. Youre not gonna turn a $50 stock into a $2000 one just because amazon buys them out ya dingus

Really wish F wasn't short for "Fucking me in the ass"

Even then it should be used as a 50.1% advantage as opposed to a coin flip

That's not entirely true. Usually when a company is bought out by another, it's at a premium over market price at the time of the deal. Generally speaking you will receive a better deal in this scenario if you're holding shares of the company being purchased, be it shares of the buying company in exchange or cash (usually its shares plus sometimes warrants).

I promise you you wont turn $50 into $2000. Please stop

>buying ford
Well hey, if you learn to like getting fucked in the ass, give me a shout. Always happy to help guys out in that department.

>I promise you you wont turn $50 into $2000

True, however it's incorrect to say you should expect a 1:1 payout at market price. This is why buying a company that may be a buy out target can be attractive.

>people thought TWTR would end green today
>people think Dorsey is capable of keeping his bloated fat cat propaganda machine running by sheer anger of liberals and repubs
dat nigga finna get fucked royally in a few months at most 2 years when they drag his ass out in the street and pump him full of lead

True it’s usually at a premium. But holding 500 shares of atsg wont make you a millionaire if amazon buys them out. Realistically youll see a cool 10% profit

Im gonna give robinhood a try. Ill drop 1k into it. The first post of the next 10 thread advocating to buy X stock will get 100$ of shares bought.

Yep

They had a good earnings. I bought calls on that hunch and now im fucked

NAK

Enjoy your 250% profits bro

Literally talking to yourself kys

NUUUUUU
perhamps am buy GPRO because see self in it
its probably better off dead but it keeps going because it always tries its besty

Attached: 1546631355785.png (801x1201, 412K)