Father owns decent sized CNC shop

>Father owns decent sized CNC shop
>Total revenue is down to about half of what it was 3-4 years ago
>Wants to sell the shop and the building and buy a hotel in Arizona because of the stress of running a CNC business
Is this a plan that makes sense? If he sells the business, he has cash to diversify and go into a simpler business. On the other hand, if owning and managing a hotel, gas station, convenience store, etc. were such easy money, more people would be doing it instead of working in a headache of a business like CNC. Seems like a huge risk, especially when considering the volatility of our economy.

Attached: 1548625500304.jpg (1536x2048, 500K)

surely there is nude for her right?

I've checked (those dubs), I haven't found shit

Only thing I've managed to dig up is that this was taken in Argentina.

How is the CNC market? does it get good money? or it's better to run manual lathe and milling workshops

Our shop used to make parts primarily for a company which requires us to stock parts. This allowed us to make parts in large quantities and continually ship them throughout the year. At our height we were generating a million dollars in revenue. Now it's somewhere around 300-400k a year in revenue. Manual workshops are not really even comparable IMO. The only way we could recover is if we found a major client to replace that company with

>tfw you're an apprentice at a shop and people there won't teach you shit

What do I do biz/bros? Machining jobs are extremely well paid.

Should sell while he can. 3D printing and shit is going to make that obsolete.

get yerself a certificate at a community college and get yer learnins done there

No it doesn't, 3d printing can't make good metal structures because it's additive, meanwhile lathe and milling is substractive, the layer of the structure is completely different and 3d printing can't make a good internal structure that can resist lot of pressure

The only way would be to create a 3d milling machine that uses spherical coordinates but is still substractive, or something like that

Boss man's willing to put 50% for a 6 month course. Are these courses a meme or what, do companies even take them into account?

This. 3D printing is practically useless at this point.

They are more than likely to have legitimacy, especially if they're from a real accredited school. Degrees are everything these days, even for manual labor boys.

shame about her man feet

This girl has got a beautiful face.

Machining jobs pay like shit. Any large shop can find hordes of wagecucks to do the work dirt cheap.

My family actually owns a custom cabinet shop shop, and anyone with any skill has their own shop, whether it be metalworking/woodworking, etc... Barriers to entry are minimal, when you can finance these machines so easily or buy used. CNC/machining is a Reddit meme, the people actually making real money (300K+/yr) are military contractors/oil and gas in metalworking and custom cabinet manufacturers/designers in woodworking.

Get into manufacturing plastics tooling. It's absolutely insane how much they charge for injection molds.

At least in my area, there are not a lot of people with machinist knowledge anymore. Boomers hog all the fucking knowledge and contacts while zoomers all want a cushy office job.

Ergo, machinists are well paid.

That's a man. Look at the feet

This, injection molds are the hearth of the industry. Extremely technical stuff tho.

This is true. I've worked in machine shops and the boomers don't want to teach you shit. I didn't really blame them though, there were a lot of millennials that would only last a few weeks

>there were a lot of millennials that would only last a few weeks
Can't blame them, I can relate. When all you do is mop the fucking floor and clean the machines waiting for some tidbits of knowledge it gets old real fuckken fast.

This is true for any other technical jobs too, it seems that if you don't have a family member or friend that has the social obligation to teach you, other people won't teach you shit.

I'm getting sick of everything bros...

>wants to buy a hotel because of stress

Running a hotel will be exponentially mote stress. What the hell is your dad thinking?

*more

Revenue is down because of foreign competition which isn't going to go away only get worse, poor economic conditions in general another long and slow process, larger more aggressive competitors domestically and dependence on a smaller and smaller customer base. The long term prospects for this particular business is unlikely to improve in the long run. So exit the business now. A hotel in Arizona is a terrible idea, more stress, tighter margins and dealing with the general public directly or their litigation and liabilities indirectly as an owner is about a billion times more stressful than running a CNC shop. What would you rather face one a year a broken machine or finding a three day dead hooker in a bathtub in one of your rooms and the maid who is supposed to be cleaning that room says "I don't know I thought that lady was just sleeping in on all those days."

...might want to check out that company that is 3D printing rocket engines before you run your mouth further.

This is what trade schools are for man.... simple