WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHITCOIN PROBLEM

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHITCOIN PROBLEM

Attached: 69706CF7-FC02-40D0-AE73-A3D1563B63A6.png (228x221, 3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

basicattentiontoken.org/ama-with-tom-lowenthal/
basicattentiontoken.org/ama-with-brendan-eich/
etherscan.io/token/0x0d8775f648430679a709e98d2b0cb6250d2887ef
twitter.com/BrendanEich/status/1004493629581213699
github.com/brave-intl
investinblockchain.com/basic-attention-token-grows-publisher-list/
twitter.com/TomOverChaplin/status/977644859451498506
theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/dec/12/its-time-to-take-back-your-data-from-google-and-facebooks-server-farms?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

BAT doesn't play by the market's rules, man

>it only dumps

Attached: Blartcoin.jpg (387x580, 73K)

BAT is only allowed to pump for 1 day, then it shits the bed.

Why did I go all in on this shit

You need to seriously stop writing the same thing twice.

FUCK THIS SHITCOIN

Because you thought a fucking browser plugin token is a good idea hahahahha

Hey BATfags ever hear of Google Chrome? get btfo'd

Because you got tricked by Goybase

Nothin personnel kid

Attached: logo_adblock.png (512x128, 30K)

BAT had 190 holders after its ICO.

It'll take a while before either 1) the big holders sell off their stacks or 2) there becomes enough of an interest/use for BAT that a few big whales can no longer set sell walls that suppress any meaningful pumps.

Brave is an excellent idea and BAT is a necessary token but the I'm almost positive the ICO screwed BAT, at least short term.

Attached: bat1.jpg (1600x1197, 172K)

shut up white boi
>"If you think you "have nothing to hide", you're probably among the people who have least to fear from the terrible power of the state. You're probably white, and a man, straight, cis, a citizen… the list goes on."
>basicattentiontoken.org/ama-with-tom-lowenthal/

>nothing to hide

Attached: 1525476528155.jpg (622x286, 20K)

>Because you thought a fucking browser plugin token is a good idea
>Uber? that's fucking stupid, why would anyone want to drive people around for money?
>BAT? that's fucking stupid, why would anyone want to get paid to deal with ads?

Attached: 1548198398014.gif (500x281, 3.47M)

So you're saying now is the perfect time to accumulate...

Attached: 5ol8bf4wgtmz.png (1080x1352, 748K)

Can anyone explain to a brainlet like me what these sawtooth patterns are all about in the BAT 24h Vol Chart from Coinmarketcap? They seem to have started in mid January.

Attached: bat-volume.png (1454x614, 77K)

>hey guys it's me, bat poster, posting about bat for the 200th day in the row
>should I buy bat???? Guise???

No

Attached: 1533774674461.jpg (480x268, 25K)

Just wait for the Nauticus listing coming soon; that'll help spike the price. Or at least help with some arbitrage

Why not use ETH?

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's wash trading, if you notice each wave is a steady 24 hours. Whoever it is, is building up volume while slowly selling off their stack

It's like a slow dump, from what I can tell. Not sure what the point is. At some point Coinbase got a fuckton of BAT from one the Brave team's addresses, might have something to do with that

Attached: coinbase bat.png (1600x1033, 321K)

Use ETH for what? Arbitrage on Nauticus? Or just use ETH all the time over BAT? Because Nauticus is just going to help get more aussies on board with BAT

The second one. Use ETH instead of BAT.

yeah shut up dude we get it

Cos think about it.... why not? Why not use ETH?

Probably you
buying it

Yeah, why not use FIAT either? or stable token

Attached: brainlet.png (558x614, 45K)

Fiat has some disadvantages here, it has been tried a few times in similar projects and failed.
A stable coin would be an adequate substitute, for ETH though. Good idea.

Because ETH can't scale to support a full ad network you fucking retard.

>Because ETH can't scale
BAT is a token on the ethereum network. If ETH can't scale then BAT can't either.

Wrong brainlet, Brave posts the transactions in batches that can scale on ETH. Do some research before embarrassing yourself bud

What's stopping them from doing a system like that but with ETH instead of BAT? Nothing.

You are literally talking nonsense at this point. Reread what you just wrote and think about it. Goodbye.

>ads
>browser
>this is gonna change the world

BAT will never be over $1

I have thought about. The Brave rewards server is just an offchain database. It can easily be instructed to pay out in ETH instead of BAT. Literally zero technical reason why not.

>What is the BAT SDK?
>What is expanding to other browsers?

Ignorance in full bloom, gents.

>What is the BAT SDK?
I assume its a "software dev kit", ie. a tool for devs, but I'm having trouble actually finding a reference to it on their page. Do you have a link?
I don't follow how you think it has anything to do with the token being easily replaced by ETH ....

Read up, compadre then maybe we can have an actual discussion.

basicattentiontoken.org/ama-with-brendan-eich/

I'm googling "basic attention token" "sdk" and not getting any results... can you help me out?

>Part of the roadmap (details in update) is a BAT SDK
Ok. Where is the update with details?

>Brave posts the transactions in batches that can scale on ETH
Could you please identify one of these transactions that occurred over the Brave browser?

>etherscan.io/token/0x0d8775f648430679a709e98d2b0cb6250d2887ef

I'm a big fan of the "trust but verify" concept. When I tip someone 10 BAT over the browser how can I verify that the tip went through on the block explorer?

The SDK is under development. Stay tuned. Brave will fully communicate details when the SDK is developed. twitter.com/BrendanEich/status/1004493629581213699
You can verify by either asking the person who you tipped if they are receiving tips, or if you want to be even more certain, you can tip your own Youtube channel or website and see the entire process for yourself.

But you just said "Brave posts the transactions in batches". Can you show me one?

>etherscan.io/token/0x0d8775f648430679a709e98d2b0cb6250d2887ef

Lmfao what is the taxi cab industry

I do not work for Brave so I can't pinpoint the exact batch transactions. Tip yourself if you want first hand confirmation of the process.

I don't think I will "stay tuned", but thanks for the offer.

Now that it is clear to both of us that there is ZERO publicly available information about this sdk, do you mind explaining how you thought it counters my previous point that the protocol would be better if ETH replaced BAT? What does the sdk have to do with that?

>I can't pinpoint the exact batch transactions
then why don't we just use nothing but Brave Rewards server? I don't get it. What benefit does using the ETH blockchain provide?

>What is the BAT SDK?
>What is expanding to other browsers and apps?

I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall.

You clearly will stay tuned considering you've visited this post about BAT several times. Are you feeling ok user?

There is no ETH SDK for digital advertising, is there? I don't understand how I can explain this any simpler.

What does that have to with the ETH blockchain though? Why not just run it all internally, kind of like they already are?

I'm interested in this thread so I have it open. That's kind of what we do here.
Why do you keep talking about an sdk? We've already established that there isn't any public information about it anywhere on the internet, so how can you make any assumptions about what it does?

How could BAT be solely controlled by Brave if BAT will be used in other companies' apps? I literally don't understand how that would be possible. Please explain.

There is public information about the role of the SDK everywhere. You are confusing your lack of understanding with a lack of information. The Brave team has repeatedly explained that BAT will be used in other apps besides Brave via the SDK. It is under development. Did you expect Amazon to explain how Prime would work when it was 3 years old?

>Please explain.
An internal ledger like 99% of business in existence. Or they could Omni Protocol Layer similar to USDT.

I'm actually more interested in how the ETH blockchain will allow other apps/companies to use the token without Brave Rewards Server. Please explain.

There seems to be a kinda jealously in BAT fud. "but why no you use BTC" "waah waaaah Brave should use ETH"

>There is public information about the role of the SDK everywhere
Where? That ama from 6 months ago that you linked literally only says "details coming soon"

Ok please list which of the 99% of companies in existence use an internal ledger in their app that other companies also use in their own apps?

The fact that BAT posts via ETH means that any other company can transact in it. What are you not understanding? I genuinely don't understand your confusion.

Some rough product analogies (it goes without saying that BAT is different from Google products in that it's client-side, privacy-respecting, and shares revenue with the user, etc.):

BAT Ads = Google Adwords
BAT SDK = Google AdMob
BAT Publishers = Google AdSense

But imagine in order to fly a campaign in AdWords, you had to purchase AdWords tokens. In our case, this would be BAT tokens

Get it now?

Attached: 1515815511025.png (780x439, 139K)

>jealousy
or just basic economics. a funding token with as poor a distribution as bat, and as little utility as bat, makes no sense to represent value when btc/eth/some stable token on eth does it so much better.

argue all you want for that worthless token anyway, it doesn't matter, the users will choose whether they want to receive some weird single purpose low liquidity token or money.

All the stuff with 'native' in it will be consolidated into an SDK
github.com/brave-intl
The SDK makes BAT integration easy for current and futures apps / dapps / programs

You're right, the users are choosing whether they want to receive BAT or BTC. Currently Washington Post, The Guardian, Vice, Cheddar, TrapNation, Xhamster, Noisey, Complex, Bart Baker, Philip DeFranco, Vimeo, Wikihow, Duckduckgo, Archive.org, Drugs.com, and thousands of other publishers receive BAT and not BTC, not ETH, and not a stablecoin.

>The SDK makes BAT integration easy for current and futures apps / dapps / programs
Ok thanks that's what I thought. So how does that stop BAT being a funding token? How does it stop ETH being a better choice of token for this project?

Dude, how many times do we have to explain it to you? ETH cannot scale to support direct transactions that Brave Ads require. Cryptokitties slowed ETH down to a halt, and yet you want Brave to run their entire ad network on it? You are a clown

It's definitely a weird type of jealousy-tinged criticism. Lots of posters here seem hate the idea of BAT, but when they're presented with all the reasons why it is necessary (as stated by the literal creator of Brave and BAT), they simply deflect, whine, or continue baseless attacks against BAT.

BAT's been proven to be necessary and not a "funding token" (lol) over and over again. It's not really a conversation worth having anymore.

And the guy who keeps saying "WHY NOT USE ETH!?!?!?!?!?" truly does not understand the concept of ETH. I mean seriously, what does he think ETH is for? Does he not realize what ERC20 tokens are? It's some mind boggling stuff from Jow Forums.

Attached: big brain brendan.jpg (1000x563, 30K)

Thank you. I felt like I was losing my sanity trying to explain this in layman's terms only to get the same "Why not use ETH/BTC/Stablecoin" over and over again. I've never seen such resilient stubborn ignorance- it's actually impressive how strong the ignorance can be

Read, you tool. ITS HAS A DIFFERENT PURPOSE TO THE OTHERS.
This fucking parroting the same fud is getting old. One plebbit search would answer your question in full detail.
Why dont we use gold as a currency? why do countries have different currencies? There are reasons behind the choices. Think.

>how many times do we have to explain it to you?
You haven't "explained" anything, because there is no explanation. The scaling solution, the bat rewards server, is just a regular old off-chain database. It has no intrinsic need for the BAT token, and could pay out just as easily in ETH.
>BAT's been proven to be necessary and not a "funding token"
It really hasn't.

Lo and behold, the stubborn ignorance, gents.

>Just use ETH even though it can't scale
>Ok just use a private ledger like BAT but not on ETH for some reason
>What is the BAT SDK?

Shameful.

>Why dont we use gold as a currency?
Excellent comparison. We don't use gold as currency because it is heavy, and the small amounts needed for daily usage are difficult to handle.
We don't use ETH instead of BAT because.... umm.... ???

ETH can't scale, brainlet. Lmao this downie is full Terri Schiavo at this point.

Scaling isn't even a worry, its control. Control over the system. If ETH shit the bed nd couldn't scale then they can easily transfer BAT to a new better chain with the capabilities. If ETH was used, which it wouldn't for a multitude of reasons, then they're fucked.
Shut the fuck up, you need to have a glass of water and a handful of nootropics to clear that fog that permanently rests on your brain.

>ETH can't scale
If ETH can't scale then BAT cant scale. BAT is just a token on the ethereum network.
If BAT intends to use some off-chain server to batch transactions, the exact same idea can be applied to ETH with no added technical difficulty.

Then how would BAT be used in other apps genius? You have no answer for this. Just stop embarrassing yourself. Painful to watch.

>Then how would BAT be used in other apps genius? You have no answer for this
I have no answer for it because the question barely makes sense. Can you give me an example of an "other app" that has a technical need for BAT that would not be met by ETH? I'm having trouble imagining how that would be possible....

Thank you. This post was the final proof necessary to confirm you don't understand BAT whatsoever.

Podcast apps, video players, audio players, news publishers, social media sites, and online gaming platforms all can benefit from microtransactions that have a volume significantly too high to process via ETH.

Thanks for confirming you have no idea what you are talking about though.

You can go look for the Twitter threads for yourself, but Brendan has explained the necessity of BAT multiple times on Twitter, mostly to BTC maximalists who are upset that Brave no longer uses BTC (Brave tried, didn't work.)

UGP is a huge part of it. If Brave had gone with using Ether or Bitcoin, Brave would have basically needed some wealthy millionaire blockchain donor to start the growth pool, and that wasn't going to happen. BAT isn't a "funding token", it's literally being used for ETH's created purpose which was to create smart contracts for ERC20 tokens. BAT is an ERC20 token that people bought with ETH, almost half of the BAT went to the UGP, the UGP is currently being dispersed and used in many creative ways to promote Brave and eventually the introduction of BAT Ads.

Think of the Coinbase Learn project that just came out recently. That never would have been possible without BAT and the UGP. Although it might not mean much now, getting newbies to learn how Brave/BAT works through Coinbase Learn and Coinbase wallets is a huge ordeal when Brave gains traction.

Furthermore, there's too much speculation with Ether/BTC. People wouldn't feel as free to donate/support content creators with those cryptos, which is currently a big use case for BAT. When you get 50 or 60 BAT through the Brave browser and the UGP, you don't feel the need to hold onto it, it can go to content creators/etc. without any friction. BTC/ETH would just be held and hoarded and never used. That would be absolutely terrible for Brave and the whole Advertising model they've created.

You can apply the same logic used above to a stablecoin too. Brendan is smarter than you and me and has been successful in the tech business for a long time. He's not going to run a scamcoin just to raise $30 mil and then run off with it. Use your brain lol

Attached: b eich.png (617x308, 72K)

Pathetic. You amuse me like the losers of Jow Forums. This is literally you:

>microtransactions that have a volume significantly too high to process via ETH.
They are too high to process with BAT (which has the exact same TPS as ETH) too. That's why they're processed in a regular old server and only settled on chain in batches. This process would be the same with ETH.
>Brave would have basically needed some wealthy millionaire blockchain donor to start the growth pool
Instead, it convinced a bunch of small doners to start the growth pool by buying a useless funding token.

Lmao. Which news publisher accepts ETH? Name one.

Meanwhile, Barron's, Marketwatch, The Guardian, Washington Post, Vice and thousands of other publishers accept BAT. Why don't they accept ETH user? If ETH really was the solution, why aren't they accepting it?

Wow, a partnership with the Guardian! That's really cool.
But I'm looking at their subscription page and I can't see "pay with Basic Attention Token" anywhere...
support.theguardian.com/uk/subscribe

UGP was necessary, I gave you a bunch of other reasons but you're not even trying to rebut them.

Another thing to think about is that the more BAT is worth in USD, the more the UGP is worth and the more Brave can do with the UGP. Brave could even grease the wheels of some major digital content providers to kickstart BAT for content, like they intend to do in the future. 5 BAT for a NYT article, etc. Lots of amazing potential for BAT.

Dismissing BAT as a "funding token" is so fucking naive, Jow Forums should be waaay past that kind of shit by now. People were shilling the fuck out of ICO's in 2017, and here we are with an ETH holder who still doesn't understand the purpose or use of ERC20 tokens.

Are you actually suffering from some sort of learning disability?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-02-08 at 8.26.45 PM.png (2714x1290, 1.33M)

Its the devs dumping their stack. It's dilution

UGP is literally a funding scheme, making BAT a literal "funding token"
Wow, cool! So how much BAT has the Guardian collected to date? Is there a press release somewhere about this partnership?

They have collected infinitely more BAT than ETH you mouthbreather

Hmm... I can't find any figures for it. My suspicion is that they have collected exactly 0 BAT (which is a tie with the 0 ETH you cite).

When people who are arguing realize their argument is full of holes, they begin to leak these irrational retarded statements. Case in point

investinblockchain.com/basic-attention-token-grows-publisher-list/

There is no data there. Where are the figures for how much BAT the Guardian have collected? Surely they would be proud of a successful partnership like that?

Why does it matter? They chose to sign on as a Brave publisher. They do not accept any other cryptocurrencies.

If this Twitter user can earn >1,000 BAT from Brave Payments, you think the Guardian can't? You continue to amaze me with your broken logic

twitter.com/TomOverChaplin/status/977644859451498506

The guardian BAT address is obfuscated from gimps like you, by the current design. Its likely the guardian transfer this to uphold every month, making any figures that someone claims to obtain likely incorrect.
The shilling from MSM hasn't even begun, the guardian et al are smart enough to know not to shill a product that isn't complete yet.

>They do not accept any other cryptocurrencies.
They don't accept BAT on any of their official donation portals, and donations are their primary business model now. I'm not sure what their agreement with Brave actually is. Hopefully it's not another case of them accepting donations on behalf of people without telling them about it...

Lmao, every time I raise a point, you just keep shifting the goal posts and changing the topic. Either respond to my points or stop replying. You are a waste of time in your current state, sad and confused

>Either respond to my points or stop replying.
I was the one making points, my primary one being that BAT is a funding token with no technological or intrinsic purpose.
I am satisfied that you do not have an answer for that point, so I am happy to talk about other things, such as claimed partnerships.

Your primary point has been proved incorrect, but your either fail to understand this or understand but cannot admit your failings so now your 'happy' to talk about other topics.

It's not a "claimed" partnership. It's a verified partnership. The Guardian is a verified publisher, which is obvious if you had even the slightest clue how to use Brave. That means someone with signing credentials in their company registered with Uphold and went through all KYC compliance procedures to earn BAT (not ETH, not BTC). This is a fact, not debatable.

>Your primary point has been proved incorrect
We have to disagree there.
>It's not a "claimed" partnership. It's a verified partnership.
Where can I see the Guardian acknowledge this partnership?

Ok you god damn simpleton I'll explain yet another easily researchable topic to you.

In order to be a verified publisher, which the Guardian is, as you can easily see in the browser, you have to verify your credentials with Uphold, an independent third party administrator of the BAT payouts. You cannot pass KYC/credential verification without identification and proof of domain ownership.

Even if you are somehow still skeptical at this point, like a full blown paranoid schizophrenic, the Guardian even wrote about Brave:

theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/dec/12/its-time-to-take-back-your-data-from-google-and-facebooks-server-farms?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

So in your twisted mind, you somehow think that Brave is fraudulently claiming that the Guardian is a verified publisher while the Guardian simultaneously writes positive things about Brave in its own columns.

You clearly have a personal interest against Brave or you have a learning disability. There is no other explanation.

You fall into this category
>you fail to understand
Its ok, we cant all reach enlightenment.

Attached: 1541028806589.png (2592x1200, 1.87M)

>Even if you are somehow still skeptical at this point, like a full blown paranoid schizophrenic, the Guardian even wrote about Brave:
Ctrl+f "brave": 1 result
>Individuals can use apps such as Signal to communicate outside of Facebook Messenger or Google Hangouts. They can use browsers like Tor or Brave instead of Chrome, and they can build their own email servers with the right knowhow to avoid Gmail or Yahoo.

user, that is not a partnership acknowledgement....

He's hopeless gents. I'm done here. Any reasonable person reading these comments can see.

As far as I can see there is no partnership with the Guardian. Brave announced it unilaterally with no confirmation from the other party. It looks like another situation where they are accepting donations on behalf of someone else without telling them.