What are your guys' thoughts on IOTA? I remember there was a time when people were once raving about this...

What are your guys' thoughts on IOTA? I remember there was a time when people were once raving about this. What happened? I'm looking for real people with real answers, and hoping for some decent insight. Personally, it sounds like a good idea, and can be applied to real world use if IoT becomes mainstream.

Attached: iota.jpg (1280x720, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.iota.org/official-iota-foundation-response-to-the-digital-currency-initiative-at-the-mit-media-lab-part-4-11fdccc9eb6d
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

HHHHAAAAHAHAHHHHAHAHHAHAHHHAHAHHHAHABHAHAHH

I'm open minded. I wouldn't mind a decent explanation why people have changed their minds? I'm not a troll. I'm genuinely curious about what happened and the fate of IOTA. No judgements here, I promise.

Nobody?

There is just no way for IOT machines to run on this. The system would become bloated in seconds. There are snapshots of the tangle so their database won't become too big and that also means there is no real history for the data stored on tangle. This is peace of shit technology

I thought everything is securely stored and accessed on the Tangle? Any other reasons? Thanks for your insight.

They're using it to track and trace packages, and it seems to be working just fine. Any thoughts?

I would also love to hear some more opinions, my step dad was so hyped that He gave me some money to invest in Iota... I told him there would be way better projects with even running products but he was like „mehr partnerships with VW,bosch,etc...meh“ he doesnt even understand the tech behind it but I couldnt explain hom why this shit is a dead horse already or could become big but obly in the faaaaaaar future when IoT shit would become mainstream

They released their quibic thing which turned out to be another empty promise. After that there was some extremely childish infighting from the devs but basically it pretty much died at the quibic announcement.

this will be the biggest scam in Crypto
screencap this

Nothing worth screen capping. Nobody ever gives their honest in depth opinion. At the very most you get fragments of opinions, and the rest: the same recycled garbage replies. Jow Forums turned into a massive piece of shit.

SMART

Personally I'm waiting for a 25% drop from here to see if it holds support before I'd consider buying. This is from a purely technical standpoint, I think the tech is shit.

The price is currently recovering from recent events. It went from .24 to .28 and will be rising buck up to ~.37. Unbiased here, I think it's some pretty revolutionary tech.

I told you exactly what happened and you ignored it you fucking shill nigger. Enjoy the bags dickhead

If it blasts through resistance at 0.33 then I'd buy looking for 0.37. Otherwise, I'm waiting for below 0.21, no FOMO

Thanks? Honest to god I don't own a single IOTA right now. And I respected your opinion, but I see you're just a piece of shit. I don't know why I bother discussing any investments with online communities anymore, because it's always the same. EOY2017 fucked off the crypto scene. It's never been the same. I wish I could rewind time and go back before all these retards came into play. This all-or-nothing attitude. If you learn to read properly, I've done nothing but express that I'm unbiased, and respect peoples honest answers. But look at some of these answers and tell me what you get out of it? Nothing. I might drop ~$800k down on it, but I'll use my own judgement, along with the likes of friends, rather than this cesspool or mental retardation, beforehand. Thanks anyways, I guess? Jesus Christ.

Attached: wtf.jpg (900x900, 38K)

Not a bad idea if you choose to proceed with caution. A lot of times it's better safe than sorry.

The token has no use. No value tx is the only "logical" way to adapt on current industries for now. Everything else brings just more fraction
The technology is bad and slow. The last year they spent the most time building the foundation and everything but not their protocol. The semko brothers seem to be on the right track and actually monetize off it with their properiatary tangle.
BFX ultimately paved the way to pump it to $5.

People don't understand the difference between core issues (like the incentivized BTC fee market) and eventually resolved issues (like the coordinator).
Back before iphones, plenty of analysts wrongly called for a mobile phone era. They were not wrong, just early. Now it's this way with IOT. The AI algorithms are just now beginning to work.

>revolutionary idea
>not working yet
>needs a lot of testing
>not sure if its ever going to work
>if it works then still the token has no real purpose
All-in-all ..im out

Probably going to go much higher than 0.37 if it breaks up from this channel.

If 0.39 gets taken out maybe. I tend to scale out of trades. Not taking any profit between 0.37-0.38 would just be silly. If it goes above 0.50 in the near term I'll become an IOTA maximalist.

Still waiting for a big drop before considering.

I can agree with this, and IBM is way ahead of the game if you follow what they've been up to lately. I can agree with this 100% that IoT is right around the corner, but still way too early. It reminds me of when people didn't think the internet would be a great deal.

True, but still, I'm hesitant. I'm trying to piece everything together and look at the big picture, but it's extremely tough; and if things were clear as day, we would all be rich. For now, I'm waiting and trying to absorb as much information as I can for the time being.

I hate the name calling for general inquiries and the likes. Nobody can have a legitimate discussion anymore. I miss when everybody got along. There used to be a huge sense of comradery around here. I didn't make all this money by blindly trusting, and freely throwing balls of cash out of my accounts. I took a break from any investments involving crypto due to the insane haze caused by communities and the disasters that came from shady exchanges, creating this massive level of distrust towards crypto. From an economic standpoint, a lot of coins have some great ideas, but it's tough to make the connection when it comes to incentives to monetize their platforms, because there's still way better options out there that people don't know about, non-crypto related. IoT could really drive a great market for crypto as a whole, between machine-to-machine interactions, payments, and the likes. I've had my own ideas for startups, but don't have the resources to execute them. Just have a lot of money from wise decisions, I guess.

I consider it as a very risky investment.
The Tangle, the thing that defines IOTA, is currently centralized, why would you choose it over a database?
The coordinator will be removed but there's no guarantee when that's gonna happen and that the Tangle will work properly without it.
I'm just not betting on this.

It's actually the only crypto that is not a scam. When will blockchainfags realize transaction fees can only get too high.
>t. scam crypto shill

The whitepaper explains how it will work. Dense though. Definitely don't buy it if you don't understand well enough.
Personally I've held over a year, a lot. Plan on holding for 5-10 years (until it's spendable). Doing this for a lot of coins though, hopefully 2017-2018 will only be a blip.

its an absolute joke.

Look into FOAM instead

>The last year they spent the most time building the foundation and everything but not their protocol.

This. They hire PhDs by dozens, all flashy people with shiny CVs. But i don't care if the job is done by an autistic, high school drop out, anticharmismatic virgin.

They have lots of people with shiny CVs who seem to not do shit.

Reminds of tribler, a P2P torrent search, developped in fancy universities, which is shit.

This will be worth $100 billion in the next round.

For me it's THE benchmark cryptocurrency.

THE benchmark for the immaturity of the "cryptoindustry" that is. As long as this monstrous turd of a project doesn't have a market cap of exactly zero point zero, we still have a long way to go. Everything about it is shit: Dunning-Kruger manchildren at the helm, unproven tech stack full of empty promises, overhyped partnerships with clueless companies chasing the latest hype, cringy save-the-world-with-blockchain rhetoric. It's got it all.

The tangle is a cool idea that will eventually work but who wants to long iota ???? It's like a five to ten year investment and not all of us are patient boomers

At least it's the only one that works on paper.

But it doesn't. All they have is some paper by some Russian dude with a bit of graph theory and bit of math and a bit of handwaving. Does it even scale with lots of users? Probably not. Can it get consensus without that centralized coordinator thingie? Probably not. Their system doesn't make any sense in its current form and there's little reason to believe it ever will.

Don't get me started on the whole "trinary" thing. How can anyone take these clowns seriously.

It makes sense that its early version is centralized because, since there is no incentive to mine outside of transactions, the network is weak to sybil attacks if people don't use it. I wouldn't trust them either to be honest, but the point is that most blockchains don't scale and are flawed by the centralization of mining power.

Nano is the last 1000x-we in crypto. I’m worried iota is going to ruin the reputation of DAGs

Attached: C8BDD55B-7507-469D-9B5C-25851FF54495.png (1024x603, 116K)

They're trying to do what RLC, ETH and LINK is doing (maybe just link and eth due to possibility of off chain computation)all at once yet so far we do not see anything of equal standards

It's the perfect beginners coin because it encompasses a lot of important ideas but once you go deeper you'll sell

Why would you even ask biz?
Do you think this place actually has anyone intelligent enough to give you a proper answer?
Read what people have said. Same lame boring comments that are made every time someone brings up IOTA. I'm waiting for an allah ackbar or some shit. Its only a matter of time. How about a toaster comment. FFS
Biz is retarded. Sure there's been some people who bought early and have made a ton of money. Most of em GTFO of here awhile ago. Its a cesspool.
Now; for a real answer.
IOTA is the only legitimate project out there.
If you're like me and you're trying to figure out what will probably end up taking over, you've possibly figured this out by now.
If not, lets just look to the largest governmental body in the world. The UN.
What have they been testing?
IOTA.
How about Bosch? Do you think the muppets on biz even know what the fuck Bosch does?
Nah. But I do. They're in every single major car manufacturer in some way shape or form.
EVERY SINGLE ONE.
And what does the venture capitalist arm do?
Welp, goes and buys IOTA tokens.
Look, I don't care about the tech. IDGAF if theres a coordinator or not, but I understand that for this type of network its necessary until its able to fully withstand itself.

Its literally the ONLY thing worth investing in in this market...

Attached: 87975543.png (450x360, 168K)

More likely a more refined and functional version from a different actor will replace Iota.

And again, no intelligent responses.
Fucking biz

Is it clear that there is a way to remove the coordinator? I don't see how you prevent double spending without it. Until they have this figured out I'll remain skeptical about the entire project.

Feeless doesn't work on paper. Transactions always impose costs on users, and the tangle will be drowned in spam without some type of fee. They've had problems with this already. The simplest solution is a variable fee that is negligible under normal load, but rapidly increases when someone spams the network.

Basing a network's security on transaction volume is a terrible idea. There is no guarantee that you ever reach the volume necessary. You are definitely correct about mining though.

Unless of course they're facilitating a network and an idea that will absolutely reach the necessary volume.
Which they are.
The data marketplace alone will secure the network.
I don't think you children realize how valuable that is.
Immutable, purchasable data, through a fee-less network.
The Marketing implications alone are insane.

That's irrational confidence if I've ever seen it. Even if the use case is sound you have no way of knowing that Iota will be the winner. There are many other ways to approach IoT that are arguably better and would not require the same concessions.

Again. The testing that is being done with IOTA by multinational corporations and governments, IMO far surpasses anything, and I mean anything, in the crypto space.
IDGAF if you buy IOTA. biz isn't changing shit in the marketplace.
But if someone actually does some research on the subject they'll come to the same conclusion.

They put a back door into it, f that shit

....did they though?

nobody is using this
nobody is 'testing' this
iota does nothing
it ask an iotard what it does, and they will write a 2000 word essay without ever explaining what it actually does
because iota doesnt do anything
this "miraculous" technology does nothing, solves no problem, and serves no purpose

Nobody?
Not Taipei?
Or Sweden?
Possibly the UN?

The founders are dickheads. But they managed to line up an impressive setup of highly skilled individuals to work for them. And setting up a on profit foundation is a great way to be hold accountable.

The tech is unfortunately years away from being fully developed. As overused this phrase is, it's a long term investment. IoT is in its infancy, and in that perspective you have to take iota as well.

If they make their vision reality, the scope of this project will be beyond imagination. However it's a hella risky bet along the way.

I'm balls deep in iota. I'm just afraid I went in 2 years too early.

*non-profit foundation

David and CfB are already setting up IOTA for exitscam
>experiemental tech
>could go to zero at any time
>billion (pipe dream) or nothing
Anyone holding IOTA deserves to lose everything

Are they testing Iota or a private implementation as they tend to do with Ethereum? I might be somewhat nervous about it either way because there are still major problems that need to be solved.

Yes, they called it copy protection. Rolled their own crypto with known collisions so they could attack anyone who tried to use their "open source" code.

>In summary, Curl-P was indeed deployed in the open-source IOTA protocol code as a copy-protection mechanism to prevent bad actors cloning the protocol and using it for nefarious purposes.

blog.iota.org/official-iota-foundation-response-to-the-digital-currency-initiative-at-the-mit-media-lab-part-4-11fdccc9eb6d

If your end goal is the make $ with crypto. Buy a coin that is already not in the top 20 for next bull run. I suggest Selfkey.
>.0027c
>actually has a working product

Trust in DAGs. IOTA isn't the best one, but a DAG is a solid long.

Attached: DAGvsBLOCKCHAIN.png (1038x481, 105K)

IOTA bagholders really are peak levels of arrogance and stupidity. The Ultimate Dunning-kruger Coin